Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 11-19-2008, 08:10 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Staley will be a very solid starter at LT. At RT though he will be one of the best in the NFL.
That's why I wouldn't want to move him, unless we Drafted Oher or obtained another dominant LT. Staley is more versatile and could make the switch. Plus, he played better at RT overall as a rookie.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
That's why I wouldn't want to move him, unless we Drafted Oher or obtained another dominant LT. Staley is more versatile and could make the switch. Plus, he played better at RT overall as a rookie.
Oher first round it is.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The more film I have watched on the team. The more I agree with some of you that Staley needs to go back to RT and the Niners need to take Oher to play left.
I TOLD YOU SO ............. Just kidding. He's been OK at LT, but yeah, having him at RT would be ideal.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
I TOLD YOU SO .............
Thanks Dan :) haha kidding kidding
Old 11-19-2008, 07:55 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Snyder can solidify the RT spot, I would have no problem keeping Staley at LT and drafting CB Malcolm Jenkins in the first round to start opposite Clements. This way, our starting OL would be set with Staley at LT, Rachal at LG, Heitmann at C, Baas at RG and Snyder at RT. The second day can be used to draft a backup OG and OT.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

I stilld don't think Snyder can be a starter. I know he is a better tackle than guard, but I still just don't know. Either way if an elite LT falls to the Niners they have to take him.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

I was just thinking today. If next year we run a true 3-4 defense. What would you think about us trading for either Justin Bannan or Kelly Gregg from Baltimore? They are both very good 3-4 NT and I doubt Baltimore can keep them both. Bannan is a young up and coming player so I don't know if we could pry him away. Gregg is getting closer to the end of his prime but, he is still an upgrade. What do you guys think?
Old 11-21-2008, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather find a younger NT so the D will hit it's prime all together, dominating for several years. Gregg will likely be the cap casualty, but without Nolan, I don't see Scotty Mac bringing in yet another former Raven FA. The only future "former" Raven I want is Suggs. He's a stud.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:10 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Malcolm Jenkins teamed with Nate would give us a sick secondary for years to come.

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerfan View Post
Malcolm Jenkins teamed with Nate would give us a sick secondary for years to come.
We drafted Reggie Smith to replace Walt so I don't see that happening. I think Reggie is going to be one hell of a player when given the chance.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We drafted Reggie Smith to replace Walt so I don't see that happening. I think Reggie is going to be one hell of a player when given the chance.
I'd rather they take Jenkins than reach on someone else.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 02:06 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see Reggie Smith being our future FS with Goldson as the backup. I would keep Spencer as the nickelback and draft Jenkins to start from day one opposite Clements.

It all depends on how Snyder plays. If he plays better at RT than expected and can solidify the spot, then I want Jenkins in the first round. If not, then I want Oher but if I could have it my way, I would want Jenkins over Oher.

Bannan sucks and Gregg is nearly done. I dont want either one. If Suggs hits FA, we need to sign him at all costs and have him play DE in the 4-3 opposite Smith. This will allow us to start Sopo and Balmer at DT while keeping Lawson at OLB along with Willis in the middle.

We would just have to solidify the other OLB spot. Karlos Dansby anyone??? Imagine our defense looking like this -

Suggs and Smith at DE, Sopoaga and Balmer at DT, Lawson and Kansby at OLB, Willis at MLB, Clements and Jenkins at CB, M. Lewis at SS and Smith at FS. On paper, that should be a top ten defense and add in new DC Rob Ryan who's the only reason why the Raiders have won any games the last few seasons. Man, im all giddy. LOL. :)
Old 11-23-2008, 02:36 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To solve our DE problem, i'd like to sign a decent vet (i got my eye on Josh Thomas, i think he led the Colts in QB hurries a couple of years back). I would then try to draft a top DE with our 1st rounder. Selvie, Okrapo, Hardy, etc.

I think Smith is our FS of the future, M Lewis the SS. Goldson and K Lewis the backups, but i wouldnt mind getting another safety for better depth. I like Vincent Fuller from the Titans. Brown and Clements can pair up with Spencer as the Nickel and Hudson as the Dime. Strickland can stay around for depth.

If Snyder keeps his play up, i'd like to sign Daniel Loper (Titans)or Ray Willis (Seahawks) for depth and i'd like to draft a rookie in the 3rd/4th round. If Snyder doesn't keep his play up, we need a better rookie prospect in the 2nd/trade up in the 1st. It's hard to get one in FA- is a RT worth that much? Gross and Carey are the best but they are going to get grossly overpaid and for a RT i don't think its worth it. Im assuming we give Staley a vote of confidence and another year as our LT.

Anyways, those names in bold are the only FA's i think we go after this season. Dansby is unlikely, we have Willis and i don't see it as a priority to sign another big-time LB. We signed Spikes off the scrap heap and got good play out of him, not to mention we have Brooks in the wings.

For the most part, i'd like to stay out of this FA period and work on re-signing our own guys. Haralson needs an extension (should be cheap though), Willis could get one in 1-2 years, Davis and Lawson's deals are up in 2 years, so are (both) Hills, McDonald, Brown, etc.

If i were GM, i'd make an exception from the big FA spending if Suggs/Peppers hit the market. I want a pass rusher badly. If they hit the market go all out. If those 2 dont make it, go low-key this year.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 12:31 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

For FA, I would only go all out for Suggs and/or Dansby. If either or both available, I go after both of them. Spikes has played better than expected but who knows if he plays that way next year and Brooks is an ILB and should be the main backup to Willis. Plus, taking away Dansby from a division rival and thus weaken their defense while making ours stronger is a huge positive.

Didnt Davis and Lawson sign 6 year deals? Even if they signed 5 year deals, they will only be entering their fourth season and I wouldnt sign them to extensions until after the 2009 season because Davis hasnt been used correctly at all and no point in overpaying him just to block while Lawson needs another fully healthy season to see if he's fully recovered.

Backup wise, I would wait on them a year as well. By then, the dead money from Walt Harris, Jennings and others should be off the books which will give us the money to extend those guys plus the salary cap will be much higher in 2010.

Also, our defense will be set for years to come. Remember what I have said the last two years, if you cant upgrade the offense but you can upgrade the defense, you do it. You dont wait because you'll only make the team weaker overall.

If Suggs/Dansby dont hit FA, then I would try to re-sign our own players but otherwise, I wait a year in order to get Suggs and/or Dansby.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:23 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After Dallas I think its safe to say we need pass rush (der !!) and a shut down corner. I've never seen Nate beat sooo bad all game before.

Old 11-24-2008, 01:26 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We just need a pass rush. If Parys Haralson had sacked Romo like he should have that 75 yarder wouldn't have happened and other than that play Clements held TO to 2 catches for 47 yards.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 01:28 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
We just need a pass rush. If Parys Haralson had sacked Romo like he should have that 75 yarder wouldn't have happened and other than that play Clements held TO to 2 catches for 47 yards.
We say this each week. Frankly I'm getting tired of the IF that happened scenario's. We do need pass rush badly.

Old 11-24-2008, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Joe did a really good job with Ware. He might yet have the skill set to be an elite LT.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:25 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think of this quickie mock?

Round 1- Nate Davis, QB
Round 2- Jeremy Jarmon, DE
Round 3- Mike Hamlin, FS
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:30 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We say this each week. Frankly I'm getting tired of the IF that happened scenario's. We do need pass rush badly.
I agree. What I meant is that I disagree that we need a shut down corner. Clements is at his absolute worst a top 15 cornerback and while Harris is getting old and bad we drafted Reggie Smith as his replacement and Tarell Brown also could take that spot. If we had a good, consistent pass rusher this team would be so much better and we might have won yesterday.

Quote:
Joe did a really good job with Ware. He might yet have the skill set to be an elite LT.
He completed dominated Ware, that sack that Ware got was a coverage sack. The rest of the offensive line played well as well. Hamlin's sack was on an overload blitz when they brought more than we could block and Spencer's was on Bajema
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 05:58 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

I'm not completely sold on Staley at LT. I do think he can be a great RT or a good LT (though I am prepared to give him time). Saying that I dont see the OL as being our biggest need in the draft and would prefer to see either DL or CB as priorities.

Old 11-24-2008, 11:35 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Before the Draft, we have to see what happens in FA.

*Is hoping, wishing and praying for Dansby and/or Suggs*
Old 11-25-2008, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm not completely sold on Staley at LT. I do think he can be a great RT or a good LT (though I am prepared to give him time). Saying that I dont see the OL as being our biggest need in the draft and would prefer to see either DL or CB as priorities.
How can you say O-line is not our biggest need?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post

Round 1- Nate Davis, QB
Round 3- Mike Hamlin, FS
If that is not a joke then I have offically become very worried about you.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:32 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're in need of a pass rusher.. Although it's gotten better these past few weeks, we lack the extra guy to actually get to the QB.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 02:52 PM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post

Round 1- Nate Davis, QB
Round 3- Mike Hamlin, FS
I like Nate Davis, but I don't think there's any way we'll take him with our 1st rounder without trading right down to the bottom of the round.

I'm starting to like Jenkins if we get a spot high enough but to be honest, I think we'd be better placed to trade down if we got top 5 and QB wasn't on our agenda...
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote