Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-30-2009, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Niners offically sign LB Harris. Decent production for backup last year in SD.

http://www.nfl.com/players/marquesha...e?id=HAR477095

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:51 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
The 9ers could pkg. their 2 no. 1s next yr. to move up to get Mays or Berry, the way everybody's all gaga over either of them, one of them could be the top player taken.
I think the odds are greater of Mays having an average to slightly above year and slipping at tad bit are better then him studding it out again and ending up in the top 5. We may be in the perfect area to have him fall right in our laps.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:33 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
I absolutely love Mark Herzlich. Just a badass playmaker from the OLB position. Would love to add him to the D.
i saw a clip on him online...he's quite the trash talker. the mean streak helps as well.
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:37 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

scotty mac:
i'm going to get a lot of critism here but i feel like he stratgey in the draft is very inconsitent compared to what he says they are looking for. has he gone on record yet and said anything why he didn't take a ot? de? oher was sitting there late in the 20's...why not package a 2nd & 4th to take him? some of his picks the last few seasons to me haven't panned out.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
scotty mac:
i'm going to get a lot of critism here but i feel like he stratgey in the draft is very inconsitent compared to what he says they are looking for. has he gone on record yet and said anything why he didn't take a ot? de? oher was sitting there late in the 20's...why not package a 2nd & 4th to take him? some of his picks the last few seasons to me haven't panned out.
It seems his philosophy is look in FA for needs and BPA in the draft.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping Cody Wallace pans out. He was the surprise pick to me in last year's draft in the 4th when there was a lot of talent left on the board. He's one guy that will be a head scratcher if he can't contribute.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 05-01-2009, 11:06 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
scotty mac:
Actually, I don't know if i've ever heard him say we're targetting such and such position. I only hear him say "we're looking to draft good football players". So, by that vague statement, he can't ever really be wrong by not going in a position that we feel is a need.

As far as moving up to get Oher, it all depends on our board at the time. For instance, we moved up to get Staley because our FO only graded 21 or so players with a first round grade. They saw him slip, and decided to go get him. I imagine we still had a number of players with similar grades to Oher and that's why we felt comfortable standing pat. But then, like they said, the players they were targetting went off the board shortly before we picked, Alphonso Smith, Ron Brace, Eben Britton maybe?

And I personally believe Mac sticks to his board, so if he doesn't like it, then he trades out. If he needs it, he trades up. But like I said, I would imagine a number of guys had a similar grade to Oher, or maybe we were okay with keeping picks, hoping Britton would fall.

But as far as what he says vs. what he does, I don't think he's inconsisent. I think he's too vague to be inconsistent, but to be fair, I think all general managers and coaches are like that. Exception: Mike Singletary
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:39 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know it's very possible to draft Eric Berry AND Taylor Mays.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

It might be worth giving Carolina their 1st Round pick back.

Peppers a no-show at Panthers camp
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4121570

They drafted Brown to replace him. He is a special player, that is a proven Pro Bowler. If the Niners are looking to upgrade OLB, keeping Parys as a situational pass rusher, then Peppers is the way to go. They have the cap room and the ammo to trade, so why not make the move?

Old 05-01-2009, 11:53 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
It might be worth giving Carolina their 1st Round pick back.

Peppers a no-show at Panthers camp
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4121570

They drafted Brown to replace him. He is a special player, that is a proven Pro Bowler. If the Niners are looking to upgrade OLB, keeping Parys as a situational pass rusher, then Peppers is the way to go. They have the cap room and the ammo to trade, so why not make the move?
Peppers-Spikes-Willis-Lawson = best starting linebacker corps in the league, imo
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:10 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Uhhhhh.. I have a little problem. We knock OSACKpo for not being able to cover TEs and RBs yet we haven't seen Peppers do it. I'm not saying he's not capable of doing so I'm just saying.

Old 05-01-2009, 12:24 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
It seems his philosophy is look in FA for needs and BPA in the draft.
That works great...if you are playing Madden Football.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
That works great...if you are playing Madden Football.
FA starters: Nate Clements, Justin Smith, Walt Harris, Takeo Spikes, Michael Lewis, Issac Bruce, Shaun Hill, Marvel Smith.

Seems to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
You know it's very possible to draft Eric Berry AND Taylor Mays.

Old 05-01-2009, 01:13 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

We DO need another Corner though.

New Corner - Eric Berry - Taylor Mays - Nate Clements

Forgive the bulge in my pants.

Old 05-01-2009, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Uhhhhh.. I have a little problem. We knock OSACKpo for not being able to cover TEs and RBs yet we haven't seen Peppers do it. I'm not saying he's not capable of doing so I'm just saying.
Bro, Peppers and O-Sack-po aren't even on the same planet when it comes to talent. I know you love him (and I was very high on him as well) but Orakpo has a long way to go to compare to Peppers.

Peppers is a extremely rare talent - A workout warrior that CAN play football as well at a very high level and has been consistently dominant throughout his career. He is a game changer and therefore he is easily worth a chunk of cash and a first round pick in a trade. He has played in coverage, and because of his speed and rare athletic ability for a player his size (remember he played Basketball at UNC as well), I think he would be a DOMINANT OLB and would demand double teams constantly. He's a home run player if he can be landed.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is a STEAL in my opinion. We'd be getting Peppers for a 2nd and 4th.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:58 PM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Mike Sando is incapable of talking about any thing other than how great Seattle is.
He really does seem to be biased in that direction doesn't he? I think the best thing for him (and all of us) would be if they really sucked hardcore for the next few years so we could stop hearing about this dynasty that never was.
stl9erfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

I think he's worth a 5 or 6 year deal averaging around 10-12 Mil per year. I'm NOT big on trading a high pick AND signing him to a deal beating Haynesworth's contract (which he may want). I only hope that he would take elite money for a pass rusher and be happy, while being welcomed to a team that desperately needs him to rush the passer as a 3-4 OLB.

With the current situation (His contract killing the Panthers cap, them drafting a possible replacement, their need to get a higher draft pick back, etc.) this isn't a pipe dream. It's a real scenario that I would LOVE to see play out.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:38 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

nice article on Scotty Mac

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns
Old 05-01-2009, 05:54 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am View Post
Actually, I don't know if i've ever heard him say we're targetting such and such position. I only hear him say "we're looking to draft good football players". So, by that vague statement, he can't ever really be wrong by not going in a position that we feel is a need.

As far as moving up to get Oher, it all depends on our board at the time. For instance, we moved up to get Staley because our FO only graded 21 or so players with a first round grade. They saw him slip, and decided to go get him. I imagine we still had a number of players with similar grades to Oher and that's why we felt comfortable standing pat. But then, like they said, the players they were targetting went off the board shortly before we picked, Alphonso Smith, Ron Brace, Eben Britton maybe?

And I personally believe Mac sticks to his board, so if he doesn't like it, then he trades out. If he needs it, he trades up. But like I said, I would imagine a number of guys had a similar grade to Oher, or maybe we were okay with keeping picks, hoping Britton would fall.

But as far as what he says vs. what he does, I don't think he's inconsisent. I think he's too vague to be inconsistent, but to be fair, I think all general managers and coaches are like that. Exception: Mike Singletary
see my issue is not so much what he believes in but it could be his tunnel vision. once his mind is set on 1 guy its been sold to the coaching staff. the crabtree pick to me was his boldest move to date to me. oher / britton/ darius butler / clint simtim / everette brown made tons of sense in the 2nd to me.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think he's worth a 5 or 6 year deal averaging around 10-12 Mil per year. I'm NOT big on trading a high pick AND signing him to a deal beating Haynesworth's contract (which he may want). I only hope that he would take elite money for a pass rusher and be happy, while being welcomed to a team that desperately needs him to rush the passer as a 3-4 OLB.

With the current situation (His contract killing the Panthers cap, them drafting a possible replacement, their need to get a higher draft pick back, etc.) this isn't a pipe dream. It's a real scenario that I would LOVE to see play out.
OK, I soooo wanted to sit here and say, "yes, this is a pipe dream," but one thing sticks out which is telling me that there is a real possibility of acquiring Peppers. It's the fact that we dealt the 2nd AND the 4th in that deal for the future first. Normally, a mid-2nd is worth a future first straight up. Nobody can actually trade for Peppers until he signs his tender. So it could be possible that we dealt the 2nd AND 4th picks in exchange for Peppers and the future 1st is kind of like collateral while the contract details are worked out. Then we send the 1st back in trade for Peppers once everything is worked out. It's probably a long shot, but it would make sense.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
OK, I soooo wanted to sit here and say, "yes, this is a pipe dream," but one thing sticks out which is telling me that there is a real possibility of acquiring Peppers. It's the fact that we dealt the 2nd AND the 4th in that deal for the future first. Normally, a mid-2nd is worth a future first straight up. Nobody can actually trade for Peppers until he signs his tender. So it could be possible that we dealt the 2nd AND 4th picks in exchange for Peppers and the future 1st is kind of like collateral while the contract details are worked out. Then we send the 1st back in trade for Peppers once everything is worked out. It's probably a long shot, but it would make sense.
So you're sayin there's a chance?! :)

Old 05-01-2009, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...es/021998.html

Quote:
Cal linebacker Worrell Williams was at camp today on a try-out basis. Williams, however, is hurt and did not work out. No word yet on the injury.
I know how some of you love Worrell.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
So you're sayin there's a chance?! :)

Had to be done.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:03 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think we will make a play for Peppers. He's 29 and is brand new to the 3-4 after playing the 4-3 for so long. Plus he's going to want a gigantic contract and i wonder how motivated he will be after he gets paid. Not to mention this whole thing started from a opinion provided by Matt Barrows.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote