Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 05-01-2009, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
I don't think we will make a play for Peppers. He's 29 and is brand new to the 3-4 after playing the 4-3 for so long. Plus he's going to want a gigantic contract and i wonder how motivated he will be after he gets paid. Not to mention this whole thing started from a opinion provided by Matt Barrows.
This.

If we were running a 4-3, I would be all for Peppers. However, Scot hasn't bothered to inquire and I dont think he should. I would not be a fan of them trading for Peppers.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:18 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...es/021998.html

I know how some of you love Worrell.
I was just about to post that
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brent the dream killer. :P

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Brent the dream killer. :P
I like to look at the evidence, and form a decision. I just dont like the idea of trading a lot and then having to give up more cap space.

Old 05-02-2009, 01:26 PM    (permalink
FG4prez
Rookie

FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerbowl6 View Post
Vernon had 47 catches his senior year....Maryland does not throw the ball a lot so his production was pretty average....
vernon led the ACC ın recıevıng wıth 851 yds recıevıng and 51 receptıons. that was ın hıs junıor year after whıch he came out. sam holllenback had the most pass yards ın the acc that year wıth 2600 or somethıng.
FG4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:28 PM    (permalink
FG4prez
Rookie

FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.

the pıcks all depend on the qb sıtuatıon. ıf we see some success thıs year wıth smıth or hıll, then my top 4 would be
mays
hardy
thompson
cody
Old 05-02-2009, 01:29 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also.. Doesn't he want to be on a winning team? Or was it more of a scheme thing?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope it works out.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really doubt we would trade for Peppers doesn't seem like Scotty Mac's style.

I saw that Brian Ballsack on NFLN gave us a D for our draft lol wow.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:05 PM    (permalink
FG4prez
Rookie

a D ıs rough. we dıd pass up some good players ın the second but when you look at the 3rd rd there really wasnt a ton of players that were avaılable that would knock your socks off.
If coffee doesnt work out, ıd be all about jahvıd best the rb from cal ın the 2nd next year. talk about change of pace.
SI.com has us takıng mays and jevan snead ın the fırst. ı lıke ıt

Last edited by FG4prez : 05-02-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

I just see something special in Jevan Snead. If he's available with one of our picks I hope we take him.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:45 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG4prez View Post
a D ıs rough. we dıd pass up some good players ın the second
The player we get in the 1st round next year will be a better prospect than anyone who was left at our 2nd round selection this year. Next years draft looks pretty amazing when you look at the list of players who are projected as first round picks. I'll say it again - the trade was awesome.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 03:47 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If we were running a 4-3, I would be all for Peppers. However, Scot hasn't bothered to inquire and I dont think he should. I would not be a fan of them trading for Peppers.
I love Peppers, but I wouldnt want us to trade for him either. I want to see the team continue to get younger and I want to see who is available at both of our 1st round picks in next years draft.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

He acts like we have so many needs all over the place. He even said that we needed all of our draft picks to start right away lol ridiculous.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:38 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
I just see something special in Jevan Snead. If he's available with one of our picks I hope we take him.
Snead is projecting to be a first rounder by many so far. I for one am not ready to say we need to take another QB in the first round. I have stood up for Hill for the last 7 months and he deserves a shot at proving himself from the on-set of a season.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 07:10 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK Niner fans, can I get some Glenn Coffee insight.

Some people seem to think he's just a "back-up" and a guy to spell Gore a few times a game, I was under the impression that you don't spend a 3rd rounder on a guy to just be a pure back-up, especially when you guys needed other positions, why not just take Jennings late if that's all you wanted?

Also he was drafted before guys Andre Brown who had some very impressive workouts so I figured the coaching staff loved what Coffee did in the SEC and wants to implement more of a 2-back thing.

Has Singletary or the OC came out and said exactly what they have planned on him, or is it all speculation right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

All they have really said is they want a complete back to spell Gore. By complete a guy hat contributes in the running game, blocking, and playing special teams. That is all we know to this point.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Yeah why is there all this QB talk for next years draft now? Can we wait until the next season is over?
Old 05-02-2009, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
OK Niner fans, can I get some Glenn Coffee insight.

Some people seem to think he's just a "back-up" and a guy to spell Gore a few times a game, I was under the impression that you don't spend a 3rd rounder on a guy to just be a pure back-up, especially when you guys needed other positions, why not just take Jennings late if that's all you wanted?

Also he was drafted before guys Andre Brown who had some very impressive workouts so I figured the coaching staff loved what Coffee did in the SEC and wants to implement more of a 2-back thing.

Has Singletary or the OC came out and said exactly what they have planned on him, or is it all speculation right now?
Yep. I brought this up when we took Coffee in the 3rd. I think it was a very questionable move to take another RB that early. Of course, everyone blasted me for saying it, so I guess you and me are in the minority. I just think there were more pressing areas of concern on this team to be addressed before getting an RB that could spell Gore for a few series a game.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:06 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I think Gore and Coffee will be more of a 1A and 1B RB combo instead of Gore being A and Coffee being B. Coffee seems to be a pretty complete back w/ running, recieving, and blocking skills. Wasnt Gore also a 3rd round pick for us a few years ago?

I think if we were just going to draft someone to spell Gore or have a change of pace back we would have went with one of the bigger RBs available.

This is all just speculation on my part.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
I think Gore and Coffee will be more of a 1A and 1B RB combo instead of Gore being A and Coffee being B. Coffee seems to be a pretty complete back w/ running, recieving, and blocking skills. Wasnt Gore also a 3rd round pick for us a few years ago?

I think if we were just going to draft someone to spell Gore or have a change of pace back we would have went with one of the bigger RBs available.

This is all just speculation on my part.
I second this. I dont believe he's a back up either. I wouldnt be shocked to see him get like 8-10 carries a game, at least.

Old 05-02-2009, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Yeah why is there all this QB talk for next years draft now? Can we wait until the next season is over?
In that Yahoo article about Scot he said something along the lines of how Scot might start doing what they used to in Green Bay where they take a QB in every draft (usually late round) just to see if they can strike gold. Who knows.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:57 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In that Yahoo article about Scot he said something along the lines of how Scot might start doing what they used to in Green Bay where they take a QB in every draft (usually late round) just to see if they can strike gold. Who knows.
Yeah because we all know how well that worked for them, LOL.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Yeah because we all know how well that worked for them, LOL.
Steve Beuerlein, Mark Brunell, Kurt Warner, Aaron Brooks... yeah, bad choices.

Old 05-03-2009, 01:21 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Steve Beuerlein, Mark Brunell, Kurt Warner, Aaron Brooks... yeah, bad choices.
Matt Hasselbeck
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote