Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 06-02-2009, 08:25 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Josh Morgan and Dashon Goldson seem to be making the most headlines in the OTAs. Im so psyched to see Morgan on the field. I think he's going to breakout big this year.
I wonder how many of Goldsons INTs that we here so much about since he's been with the team are the results of passes by Alex Smith? lol.

Morgan and Crabtree should be something to see in years to come. It makes me wonder if we are better suited for more of a passing attack type Offense instead of a power running type of Offense with the players we currently have on the roster?

Morgan, Crabtree, Jones - are any of these WRs known as good blockers? I know Vernon is a great blocker, but I'll toss him out there with the usual "if he's used correctly this year" he should be more of a playmaker for us. Gore and Coffee at the RB spots also have the ability to catch passes.

I'm not saying that we should switch our offensive philosophy right now, but maybe in a year or two when our young playmakers have more experience I would hope that we would open up the play book more. (I say this not really knowing how Raye plans on running the Offense, but just from what I've heard about him so far) I would hate to see all the talent we have assembled be wasted. I, personally, prefer a more balanced attack.

I am really excited about what we could do on the Offensive side of the ball for the first time in years. I know a lot of it is based on potential, but thats all we can really base it off of right now. The future looks bright.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:42 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post

Willis' forearm looks to be bigger than my bicep...
That's because they are.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:35 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Notes on today's OTA's by Mike Sando

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcwest/0...-practice.html

Some interesting tidbits

Quote:
Defensive end Kentwan Balmer is getting a look at nose tackle. He'll have a chance to compete for the starting job at that spot.
I remember there being some talk of Balmer switching over to NT when we drafted him. I wonder if the plan was to start him off slowly at LDE and move him to NT?

Quote:
I watched tight end Vernon Davis closely. He caught the ball consistently well and did not drop a pass when I was watching. I didn't see any of the misplaced bravado -- flipping the ball at a teammate or engaging in excessive smack talk -- that has gotten Davis into trouble at times. He needs to keep that up.

Quote:
I spoke with Hill and Manny Lawson after practice. Lawson sounds as happy and excited as any player could sound. He has grown to love running the massive training hill built at Singletary's request. He loves having a clearly defined role in the defense.
Could our 2006 1st round picks be stepping up? Davis is seemingly being used as a traditional TE instead of the deep threat, and Lawson likes having a defined role in the defense. I wonder if we'll see some dividends this year?
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:36 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
I wonder how many of Goldsons INTs that we here so much about since he's been with the team are the results of passes by Alex Smith? lol.
If my memory serves, Goldson has picked one pass from Smith and two from Hill. It doesn't matter to me. I want the DBs to make plays regardless if a HOFer was playing QB.

Quote:
Morgan, Crabtree, Jones - are any of these WRs known as good blockers? I know Vernon is a great blocker, but I'll toss him out there with the usual "if he's used correctly this year" he should be more of a playmaker for us. Gore and Coffee at the RB spots also have the ability to catch passes.
Morgan blocked well in his time last season. Brandon Jones was signed in part because of his ability and willingness to block. Crabtree was scouted as a very physical and eager blocker whenever he was asked to block.

Quote:
I'm not saying that we should switch our offensive philosophy right now, but maybe in a year or two when our young playmakers have more experience I would hope that we would open up the play book more. (I say this not really knowing how Raye plans on running the Offense, but just from what I've heard about him so far) I would hate to see all the talent we have assembled be wasted. I, personally, prefer a more balanced attack.

I am really excited about what we could do on the Offensive side of the ball for the first time in years. I know a lot of it is based on potential, but thats all we can really base it off of right now. The future looks bright.
I strongly believe that the "power running attack" has been overblown. Jimmy Raye and Coach Sing have both stated they want a balanced attack but they wanted to focus on being physical enough to be able to run at will. Let's be honest, there is nothing more demoralizing to a defense to not be able to stop the run during a close game in the 4th quarter.

I agree that if the players progress as needed and are used properly the future is extremely bright.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:39 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Lawson likes having a defined role in the defense. I wonder if we'll see some dividends this year?
In a column I read elsewhere a couple weeks ago stated they were going to stop tinkering with him and just sort of "turn him loose" so to speak. Should be good to see.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:52 AM    (permalink
FG4prez
Rookie

FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.

I am trying to figure out what formation will we be using. I always figured we brought norris back for a lot of two back formation. I always thought gore was most effective following a fullback. Also, w delanie walker resigned, how much two te with he being h back type?
FG4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG4prez View Post
Also, w delanie walker resigned, how much two te with he being h back type?
I imagine that he'll see more of a traditional TE role than H-Back. I wouldn't be surprised to see a decent amount of 2-TE sets, with Raye's offense supposedly being very TE-oriented.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:51 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Delanie should try his hand at fullback.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:14 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
I imagine that he'll see more of a traditional TE role than H-Back. I wouldn't be surprised to see a decent amount of 2-TE sets, with Raye's offense supposedly being very TE-oriented.
Yeah and expect to see much more Pascoe than Walker...
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:35 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nate Clements will miss mini camp with pneumonia

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4225178

Damn. I hope he gets well soon.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Nate Clements will miss mini camp with pneumonia

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4225178

Damn. I hope he gets well soon.
Atleast it is only for OTA's things could always be worse.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:55 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think we'll see a lot of pascoe this season. Walker can't block at all. Pascoe is a a good blocker and has more receiving skills than Bajema. Wouldn't be surprised to see Pascoe at #2 on the depth chart sometime this seaosn.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:29 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default New Santa Clara Stadium approved by 5-2 vote

In an early Wednesday morning vote the Santa Clara City Council approved the new 9ers stadium:

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_125111...ercurynews.com

The meeting lasted until 1 am, lots of debate & enthusiastic discussion from all sides.

The $114M in public funds is still subject to the electorate of Santa Clara (city), maybe the County of SC too.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:35 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Willis' forearm looks to be bigger than my bicep...
RJF looks like he's sayin.. "Keep laughin' I'm bouta take your spot" to Justin Smith

Old 06-04-2009, 03:14 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe staley was already extended? That's pretty early for the extension. The FO must have confidence in him.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Joe staley was already extended? That's pretty early for the extension. The FO must have confidence in him.
if you saw how he was playing over the second half of the season, you'd understand

Old 06-04-2009, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, this is awesome! I agree, Brent. Staley played well and deserved this.

http://www.49ers.com/pressbox/news_d...php?PRKey=5335

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 05:09 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
if you saw how he was playing over the second half of the season, you'd understand
I'm sure he did play great, and I wasn't questioning the move. its still early to extend none the less.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 05:47 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm very happy right now. Staley is one of favorite current 49ers and he played great the second half of last season.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I'm sure he did play great, and I wasn't questioning the move. its still early to extend none the less.
They are actually saving themselves money in the long run IMO. Elite OTs (which he is well on his way to becoming) will continue to be paid more as protecting the QB continues to be a huge priority for teams in the league.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 06-04-2009, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is not a bad move at all. Making sure Joe is here for a long time was a big priority now it is fixed. I would look for Willis to be getting a huge payday very soon also.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
I would look for Willis to be getting a huge payday very soon also.
c'mon 15 year extension! hahah. I kid, but seriously...

Old 06-05-2009, 04:10 AM    (permalink
FG4prez
Rookie

FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.

Good to have him locked up before potential uncapped year in two years complicates things.
FG4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

I remember Nolan saying that he'd like to sign Willis to a 10 year deal when he was a rookie, and hadn't even played yet. BEAST! Lock em up!

Old 06-05-2009, 09:57 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

I'm so excited for this season to start. Return to Glory starts now.