Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 08-12-2009, 01:41 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Playing the "devil's advocate" here, what if he shows up with a week or so left until the season and is good enough to beat out Morgan? You have to know he has a copy of the playbook and is working out on his own in some capacity.
I don't think Sing would care. Morgan won the spot fair and square and it will take a while for Crabtree to pass him in Sing's eyes.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, from what I've read, the coaching staff takes away all playbooks and similar paperwork from the players after mini-camps. He only has personal notes that he took during those mini-camps.

But hopefully someone has slipped him a playbook. Sounds like he doesn't have one though.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, he does not have a playbook. Maiocco and Barrows have said numerous times that Raye does NOT let playbooks leave the team facilities, and all Crabtree can study are the notes he took during OTAs.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:38 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So basically when we sign him, he's starting from square one? thats juuuuuust great!

Old 08-13-2009, 10:39 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

On the other hand I like what I'm seeing with the the stick marks on the helmets of Coffee and Gore, but I'm scared of it as well.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't expect a rookie wide receiver to come in and do much in his first season anyhow. This training camp was to start getting him ready for next year with spot duty this season. What I worry about is how this affects his second year as he will be pretty much taking reps away from the guys in practice that will be counted on to win games this year and as such Crabtree may not be developed much this year at all. This could keep him from contributing much until his third year. (We won't know if he is truly bustilicious until his fourth year then)

I'd be just as happy trading him for a first rounder next year at this point since his development is going to be delayed and there is a really good chance he is just a putz anyhow. Maybe the Ravens would bite....
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:11 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabscuttle View Post
I'd be just as happy trading him for a first rounder next year at this point
It's becoming increasingly difficult and ridiculously expensive to sign ONE first round pick. Do you realize the possible salary cap implications of having to sign THREE ???
Old 08-14-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
StackJaxx
Rookie

Location: only gangstas read this. congratulations on being gangsta.
StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

im getting ready to head out to candlestick.
got my new seats for this season.
yes!
lets go niners!

PM me for sigs.
StackJaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:40 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3 hours until kickoff. It feels like it's been an eternity, can't wait to watch them play tonight.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hill didnt play much but I thought he was FAR more decisive than Smith. Outside that it wasnt that outstanding but it looked like Clayton blew an ACL or something, so welcome to the roster Kory Sheets. haha.

Old 08-15-2009, 12:22 AM    (permalink
StackJaxx
Rookie

StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

just got back from the game. HOLY ****! this is gonna be a great year.
i was so juiced to see hill to vernon. FINALLY.
granted it was against captain neckbeard, but the defense on the whole looked good.
spurlock has shakes.
why didnt jason hill play more?
still a little scared about the pass rush, but i hope it'll come by season.
overall, really impressed.

PM me for sigs.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:41 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's still a dead heat between Hill & Smith for the starting QB job after the preseason win over the Broncos.

Kyle Orton showed how bad it can be for a 1st NFL outing at QB -- he threw a 9er pick party & basically stunk up the house at Candlestick Friday night. Hell yes, Denver is still a mess.

Smith threw the best pass of the night to Josh Morgan in stride for a 1st down, a 9-yarder on 3rd & 3. How about that Crimson Tide rusher Glen Coffee getting almost 5 yds/carry (14-67 yds) -- maybe the team has finally found the 2 for that 1-2 punch at RB they've been looking for. Yeah I know it was against Denver, a team that couldn't stop the run on a bet.

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci...nclick_check=1

The bad news is that the 9ers could be in fullback trouble as Zak Keasey may have fractured his forearm.

Last edited by LizardState : 08-15-2009 at 11:50 AM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

how are they in fullback trouble? Norris was held out, and Robinson can play it if need be.

Old 08-15-2009, 01:21 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Keasey let up two sacks anyway.. we're better off with Norris

Old 08-15-2009, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys, in a fantasy football league, are you better off going with Josh Morgan or Issac Bruce?
Thanks
+rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 01:28 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

I came away very impressed with Coffee. Staley was doing a fine job. Our defense was letting up some dumb plays but were lucked out by Orton's crappiness. Dre Bly is looking to be the starter. As far as QB goes, I still think Shaun Hill has the job or at least should have the job.

Old 08-15-2009, 01:29 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Guys, in a fantasy football league, are you better off going with Josh Morgan or Issac Bruce?
Thanks
+rep
Josh Morgan

Old 08-15-2009, 02:52 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched the highlights of the game. Hill and amazingly, Davis looked good. The defense played well even though there was still no pass rush whatsoever. Coffee looked very good and should be an excellent compliment to Gore.

Kind of sad that Clayton is out for the season with a torn ACL as I was hoping to finally see him play. Oh well.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 03:06 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4 sacks still has me seeing red. I told yall, O-line play is going to be a focal point for us this year.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 03:39 PM    (permalink
StackJaxx
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Thanks
+rep
Josh morgan will give you more explosion, bruce will give you solid low points.

PM me for sigs.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
4 sacks still has me seeing red. I told yall, O-line play is going to be a focal point for us this year.
Not really the o-line's fault though. One sack was because Zak Keasey got run over by a DE or LB (can't remember). Two of the sacks were because the QB held onto the ball for way too long. They were coverage sacks. The other I can't remember, so it was probably the lines fault. But overall, I can't blame the line for 3 of the 4 sacks.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 06:15 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely holding the ball too long & coverage sacks, still much improved over last yr. The local broadcast said they were working on getting the ball out quicker with both Smith & Hill, but they really need to work on it some more.

Coffee showed good vision, speed burst & working the cutback lanes.

I think working against a Mike Nolan defense gave them some insights early in the 1st qtr, Vernon Davis was open in a window for both those long completions. It looked sharp & scripted, much better than they way the Martzball 9ers opened games last yr.

The secondary was the most improved b/c of Dre Bly & Reggie Smith showing great ball skills, but Orton served up some giftwrapped balls too.

The 9ers overall looked much better prepared & coached than Denver, where their offense didn't have it together, lots of mistakes & guys obviously not on the same page.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 06:51 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Zak Keasey was blown up on both sacks of Hill.
Alex Smith rolled out and held the ball too long.
Damon Huard had 3rd and 4th stringers busting an all-out blitz.

I credit the starting offensive line with ZERO sacks allowed.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:24 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Zak Keasey was blown up on both sacks of Hill.
Alex Smith rolled out and held the ball too long.
Damon Huard had 3rd and 4th stringers busting an all-out blitz.

I credit the starting offensive line with ZERO sacks allowed.
Agreed 100%. I am much more worried about the pass rush.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:50 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Agreed 100%. I am much more worried about the pass rush.
I thought Lawson might provide some pass rush, but he still couldn't get into the backfield if his life depended on it.

Business as usual i guess.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote