Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 12-05-2008, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
How about we stop talking about GREG KNAPP?!?!?!
HAHHA. I was thinking the same thing. Knapp is an awful OC.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:39 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
if romeo crennell get fired i'd like to see cleveland's oc come here.
other notable oc's
scott linehan - he was great in miami
greg knapp - he was in san fran a few years ago
chris peterson - boise st
mike hermadinger - tenn titans
Join the Petersen bandwagon, my brothers!
abaddon41_80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:31 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123
if romeo crennell get fired i'd like to see cleveland's oc come here.
other notable oc's
scott linehan - he was great in miami
greg knapp - he was in san fran a few years ago
chris peterson - boise st
mike hermadinger - tenn titans
No thanks to ALL especially Greg Knapp. Amazingly, while most here dont like him, ex-OC Marty Mornhinweg is on my list to be our next OC. Like Turner, he sucks as an HC but kicks ass as an OC. Turner is first on my list with Mornhinweg second. Third would be Cam Cameron but I doubt that the Ravens let him go.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peterson took the job with Mississippi st. today so that will not be happening. I am just going to cross my fingers for Norv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
HAHHA. I was thinking the same thing. Knapp is an awful OC.
Yes garbage.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 08:26 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Peterson took the job with Mississippi st. today so that will not be happening. I am just going to cross my fingers for Norv.
Was just about to post pretty much the exact same words

http://spartyandfriends.com/2008/12/...ississippi-st/

But wait

http://voices.idahostatesman.com/200...s_running_wild

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 12-05-2008 at 08:31 PM.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
"I have a lot of respect for director of athletics Greg Byrne and the Mississippi State athletic program, but I am not taking the head coaching position at Mississippi State."

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 08:54 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

ESPN confirmed last night that he isn't taking the Mississippi St. job
Old 12-06-2008, 12:51 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you guys want a veteran RT or a rookie prospect? It's supposed to be a deep draft class so we may be able to bypass spending a lot of money in FA. I know the big names are Gross and Carey, but maybe someone like Phil Loadholt in the 2nd? That way we can have a young OL that can grow together.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 02:17 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87
Do you guys want a veteran RT or a rookie prospect? It's supposed to be a deep draft class so we may be able to bypass spending a lot of money in FA. I know the big names are Gross and Carey, but maybe someone like Phil Loadholt in the 2nd? That way we can have a young OL that can grow together.
Personally, I would keep Snyder at RT with Staley at LT, Heitmann at C, Rachal and Baas at OG. Spencer backs up at C. I would like to draft an OG and an OT on the second day to provide backup depth.

FA wise, I wouldnt overspend on a RT because I would much rather see the guys we already have starting and because our biggest need is providing a pass rush. I would rather overpay Suggs and/or Dansby and draft CB Malcolm Jenkins in the first round.

That's what im hoping for anyway.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:45 PM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather not overpay anyone to play OLB for us. I think we've got two young, talented guys to develop. Lawson in particular has huge physical potential. Interesting statistic, Parys Haralson has the same amount of sacks as Terrel Suggs this season.
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 03:41 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
I'd rather not overpay anyone to play OLB for us. I think we've got two young, talented guys to develop. Lawson in particular has huge physical potential. Interesting statistic, Parys Haralson has the same amount of sacks as Terrel Suggs this season.
But pretty much all of them are coverage sacks
Old 12-06-2008, 05:07 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhp318 View Post
Um, try making your posts less vague please. You didn't specify from which season these draft picks were.
your right. like it serves a purpose to be bringing up the '62 draft
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 05:09 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

sf needs to get a clue of what to do. idk how man more seasons of 5-11 or so i can take
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 04:42 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandwagonPunditry
Just to clarify, I would be signing Suggs to play DE opposite Smith in the 4-3 with Lawson and Dansby at OLB.

Lawson is used more in coverage than he is as a pass rusher while Smith is a great run stopper but not really a pass rusher. Suggs and Dansby give the defense what it needs the most - consistent pressure on the QB. Haralson could come in at DE opposite Suggs in passing situations.

Plus, dont forget Willis. Also, I would much rather overpay Suggs and/or Dansby instead of Haynesworth.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Just to clarify, I would be signing Suggs to play DE opposite Smith in the 4-3 with Lawson and Dansby at OLB.

Lawson is used more in coverage than he is as a pass rusher while Smith is a great run stopper but not really a pass rusher. Suggs and Dansby give the defense what it needs the most - consistent pressure on the QB. Haralson could come in at DE opposite Suggs in passing situations.

Plus, dont forget Willis. Also, I would much rather overpay Suggs and/or Dansby instead of Haynesworth.
Yeah Dan we know I think we get the picture after you repeat it ten times.

To answer someone elses question. We do need a RT in the Draft it is deep so odds are pretty good we will find one.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:30 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Question of the year:

Do we stick with Shaun Hill or draft a Franchise QB?

We're pretty much out of the range to get one but it would be interesting to see what goes down if Stafford or McCoy actually does slip to us. Hmmm..

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Do we stick with Shaun Hill or draft a Franchise QB?
It really depends on a few things:

-What FAs are available that are actually worth signing?
-Did we retain Alex Smith?
-Who is available when we draft?

I don't believe that are going to be any worthy QB's available in free agency. And the ones that come to mind are certainly not worth what cost they may demand (Cassel? No thanks). I only make the above comment about Alex because, if he comes back for a grossly reduced salary, I think he's worth keeping around. Looking at our remaining schedule, I think we will pick up at least one more win. If that holds true, I don't believe that there will be a QB worth drafting in round one (Bradford/Stafford) when the Niners are on the clock. I think the best option would be to take someone in the 4th round or later and see if they can stick around and make a place for himself. I think spending a late rounder on someone like Bomar, Cantwell, Willy, Tuitama or Holbrook, would be worth it. This year's class isn't top-heavy and drafting someone too high is never a good idea.

Old 12-08-2008, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm warming up to Staley at LT. Another solid game from him. I'm still not sold on Snyder at RT. He just seems like a backup to me. I guess we might be able to get away with him there next year, but we'll need to upgrade there fairly soon.

I really want Orakpo, but I think he goes top 5. He's the total package and teams will drool over the fact that he's got the tools, the on-field production and was a solid student. He's an ideal player that you don't mind taking at the top of the draft and giving a big contract.

I think we'll be out of range for Stafford, Smith, Orakpo, Jenkins and Crabtree. Maybe we look at Aaron Curry to provide some pass rush? I'm feeling that pick.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:55 AM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

god i would love the niners to draft orakpo
Old 12-08-2008, 02:41 AM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

we've really spent a lot on one FA each of the last 2-3 years... I'm hoping if we go that route again it can be for Gross from Carolina. We really aren't that far away from having a truly dominant OL, I think, and Gross plus the other guys we have could get us there. Then we could focus on drafting WR/Pass rush early on in the draft, get a young QB to develop in the mid-rounds, an RB to back up Gore (Foster is worthless, Robinson is useful for ST and an occasional change of pace/trick-play guy but shouldn't be a primary backup) and maybe a speedy safety who can cover some ground late... Amazingly this all seems very attainable to me, and I think could make us a pretty good team in '09. Ah, the glorious offseason Kool-Aid drinking has started early once again this season, it seems. :)
stl9erfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:06 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

RT is still the biggest need so far I think Shaun has shown a lot. At the end of the season the QB situation I think will come down to Shaun, and Alex battling it out for the job again.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:53 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Right tackle and a defensive end that can consistently rush the passer are still our biggest needs but I gotta hand it to the front four because they played well yesterday.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:22 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

I think it's funny a couple weeks ago people wanted to fire Manusky but yesterday he sure looked good.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:18 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I think it's funny a couple weeks ago people wanted to fire Manusky but yesterday he sure looked good.
I might have been the loudest calling for his firing but yesterday I have to admit he called a great game.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:08 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he calls good games but the team is playing with a whole new energy right now. They were flying to ball. Everytime a white jersey had the ball, there was 4 or 5 Red ones in the area.

Here's another interesting question? Coaches..

Do we keep Martz? Do we keep Singletary? Keep Manusky?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote