Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 08-27-2009, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really doubt they take a QB next year unless we totally bomb this season.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I really doubt they take a QB next year unless we totally bomb this season.
Gulp....I'd like to see them take a QBOTF next year early in the Draft if nobody emerges (Smith, Davis) this year, but I don't want to see them bomb this season....Guess we'll have to see what happens.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:01 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Gulp....I'd like to see them take a QBOTF next year early in the Draft if nobody emerges (Smith, Davis) this year, but I don't want to see them bomb this season....Guess we'll have to see what happens.
I think Davis is a nice developmental prospect but Hill is no more than average and i have some doubt as to whether he can sustain a 16 game season. And i don't know how feasible it will be to enter a season with Hill as the starter and a raw backup like Davis.

Things can change, but for now i believe our biggest need is QB. NT and OLB (if Lawson doesn't show up) are what i believe our other big needs are.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:08 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we need to get a new safety too but QB and OLB would be the biggest needs

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
I think we need to get a new safety too
I think Reggie Smith is going to be a BALLER. Goldson is a ballhawk and we'll earn if he can one day be an elite player this year.

Taylor Mays looms next year tho fellas. Many of us were salivating over the chance to Draft him this year in the Top 10.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 08-27-2009, 04:07 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You guys think we have a chance to land Bradford in the Draft next year?
I pray to all that is holy, that the 49ers do NOT draft Sam Bradford. I don't feel he has much of an NFL future unless he plays in a Patriots style offense. Just my opinion.

Quote:
Taylor Mays looms next year tho fellas.
I'd much rather have Eric Berry.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I pray to all that is holy, that the 49ers do NOT draft Sam Bradford. I don't feel he has much of an NFL future unless he plays in a Patriots style offense. Just my opinion.
What's wrong with Bradford?

Old 08-27-2009, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

I'll take Berry or Mays!

Old 08-27-2009, 04:29 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think we need to get a new safety too but QB and OLB would be the biggest needs
O-line and OLB in the first two rounds as far as needs go. Don't be surprised if we go CB or Safety though in either of the first two rounds.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:24 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'll take Berry or Mays!
Yeah you can't go wrong with either.. I think Mays might be the safer pick tho.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:03 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah you can't go wrong with either.. I think Mays might be the safer pick tho.
Whattttttttttttttttttttt?

Berry is the much safer pick than Mays, in addition to having more upside as well.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:28 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
dude... I live in Dallas... it's brutal.
Yeah Brent, I'll 2nd that. Wishing Dallas & the 9ers met this yr, but it's not in the schedules.

Speaking of Dallas, there was panic for awhile when WR Roy Williams slammed into Orlando Scandrick in a no-pads drill Thursday & thought to have a broken collarbone. Xrays proved negative however, that gust of wind you heard was a sigh of relief from Texas.

but there's now a 90% chance he won't play vs. the 9ers, so veteran d-backs Clements & Bly will devour Hurd & the other Dallas receivers. I'm Looking fwd. to see if Manny Lawson &/or Balmer can penetrate the Dallas o-line pass protection in this matchup of the 3-4 defense teams
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:00 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Whattttttttttttttttttttt?

Berry is the much safer pick than Mays, in addition to having more upside as well.
I'm not so sure.. Berry is very good but it's the NFL. Mays seems more suited to play in THE LEAGUE than he does just given his size, athleticism and coverage skills. Maybe we're all thinking a little too much Eric Berry, he has upside but more than a 6'3" 220 lbs 4.3-4.4 deep covering safety?

Old 08-28-2009, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Yeah Brent, I'll 2nd that. Wishing Dallas & the 9ers met this yr, but it's not in the schedules.

Speaking of Dallas, there was panic for awhile when WR Roy Williams slammed into Orlando Scandrick in a no-pads drill Thursday & thought to have a broken collarbone. Xrays proved negative however, that gust of wind you heard was a sigh of relief from Texas.

but there's now a 90% chance he won't play vs. the 9ers, so veteran d-backs Clements & Bly will devour Hurd & the other Dallas receivers. I'm Looking fwd. to see if Manny Lawson &/or Balmer can penetrate the Dallas o-line pass protection in this matchup of the 3-4 defense teams
The Niners could man-handle the Cowboys in a regular season game, and I'd likely still have people telling me the Cowboys are a better team. So, here's to Ahmad Brooks or Parays putting Romo on a strecher!

Old 08-28-2009, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

BTW, did any one read this: http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article...-repaired-knee ?

I'll quote the interesting stuff:
Quote:
For the first time since early in his junior season of 2005 at Florida, McDonald has the benefit of an actual, functioning anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee. The ACL is critical to the overall stability of the knee.

McDonald said he was able to function without his ACL because he trained hard so that his leg muscles would compensate for the most vital of the four knee ligaments. He also played with a bulky brace on his knee.

He said he can already notice a big difference.

“Just playing without an ACL for a couple years, my body adapted to it,” he said. “I didn't realize it, but I wasn't using my leg how I was supposed to. It's like a 180-degree difference. I can plant off of it and cut with it. I just feel great.

“I'm ready to go now.”

And that's good news for the 49ers, who are looking for McDonald to continue to make the kind of strides he showed as a second-year player.

Although McDonald was credited with just one sack last season, he unofficially ranked second on the 49ers with 37 quarterback pressures while playing 15 games with nine starts.

“I believe, last year, we had a lot of pressures but we just didn't get the quarterback down,” McDonald said. “I feel our pass rush is going to be a lot better than it was last year.”

I want to have at least 10 sacks,” McDonald said. “I'm tired of people always saying pass-rush-this, pass-rush-that. We've got some good rushers. People are going to see that. We had a year to work together last year, and a year to learn and improve.”
He was definitely one of my favorite players last year, and I cannot wait to see him 100% healthy.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
BTW, did any one read this: http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article...-repaired-knee ?

I'll quote the interesting stuff:

He was definitely one of my favorite players last year, and I cannot wait to see him 100% healthy.
That is ******* huge. If he's truly able to go, that is a gigantic addition I wasn't counting on. We really need the pass rush help he can provide.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
That is ******* huge. If he's truly able to go, that is a gigantic addition I wasn't counting on. We really need the pass rush help he can provide.
Yeah, I thought there was a good chance he'd get put on IR or released. Anything he can add in the rotation will be great, and if he has a breakout year, watch out!

Old 08-28-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

The less I see Sopoaga out there playing patty cake, the better.

Old 08-28-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like Marvel Smith is pondering retirement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Matt Maiocco's Twitter"
49ers RT Marvel Smith has not looked right physically. There's a strong chance he is going to retire after being in NFL for nine seasons.
Wonder if SF will sign Jon Runyan to replace him, since rotoworld had SF on the list of teams interested in signing him, or if Alex Boone will now make the team as the 3rd tackle.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Yeah, Marvel looks all but done. Hopefully he doesn't get to keep any signing bonus money for participating in a couple days of training camp and taking up a roster spot. Peace out, Smith. I'm glad Snyder will get his chance to step up and play ONE position this season, making an impact.

Old 08-28-2009, 03:04 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping for Snyder to start at RT. Staley, Rachal, Heitmann, Baas and Snyder is what I was hoping for in 2009 and it looks like I may get my wish.

If we sign a veteran OT, I wouldnt mind seeing Levi Jones as long as we sign him to a deal that includes protection if he gets injured like we did Marvel Smith. Other than him, I would just stay with who we have.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:45 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Sounds like Marvel Smith is pondering retirement:

Wonder if SF will sign Jon Runyan to replace him, since rotoworld had SF on the list of teams interested in signing him, or if Alex Boone will now make the team as the 3rd tackle.
It's official

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...smith-is-done/

Quote:
Just moments after we posted on 49ers tackle Marvel Smith possibly retiring, Mike Florio has confirmed through a league source that Smith is, indeed, through with football.
Sims is now one injury away from playing at tackle

Hopefully Snyder shines in the starting role.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Sims is now one injury away from playing at tackle
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. :(

Old 08-29-2009, 12:32 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marvel Smith is done, he didn't make the Dallas trip & that was the big clue. Bigger clue was the Steelers release in the 1st place, the offseason back surgery did not give him additional playing yrs. they had thought. The RT job is Snyder's to lose.

He has his rings, adios Marvel Smith.

The budding star on the o-line appears to be Chilo Rachal, & everybody is looking fwd. to Cody Wallace emerging to replace Heitmann as both center & team leader. Wallace was a captain at Texas A&M & called all their o-line schemes, he's considered very intelligent.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 01:07 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Marvel Smith is done, he didn't make the Dallas trip & that was the big clue. Bigger clue was the Steelers release in the 1st place, the offseason back surgery did not give him additional playing yrs. they had thought. The RT job is Snyder's to lose.

He has his rings, adios Marvel Smith.

The budding star on the o-line appears to be Chilo Rachal, & everybody is looking fwd. to Cody Wallace emerging to replace Heitmann as both center & team leader. Wallace was a captain at Texas A&M & called all their o-line schemes, he's considered very intelligent.
The 2nd O-Line group impressed me the most last game and Wallace in particular. He's a bully and moves well on the run. He plays a little high figured but he's probably the strongest person on our team so it doesn't really matter.