Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 09-13-2009, 06:33 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 9ers are feasting on Cardinals mistakes.

And a rare pass rush sighting -- they absolutely can't block Parys Harrelson. Hill looks terrible though.

The Zona moving pocket + minimal pass rush from the 9ers even when they bring 4-5 = the 1st Cards TD. Warner has all day to throw

Last edited by LizardState : 09-13-2009 at 06:38 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 06:55 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is with Hill? He throws passes Yao Ming couldnt catch. Everything is about 18 inches too high. He put one up so high that the receiver got clocked by Adrian Wilson & it cost them 15 yds on the helmet to helmet PF.

And he's missing wide open receivers. Any pressure & the throws it in the grass 5 ft. in front of the open receiver. Now he threw the long ball into triple coveragte. Which is it, Hill or Raye's playcalling, IDK.

Last edited by LizardState : 09-13-2009 at 06:59 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:03 PM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
What is with Hill? He throws passes Yao Ming couldnt catch. Everything is about 18 inches too high. He put one up so high that the receiver got clocked by Adrian Wilson & it cost them 15 yds on the helmet to helmet PF.

And he's missing wide open receivers. Any pressure & the throws it in the grass 5 ft. in front of the open receiver. Now he threw the long ball into triple coveragte. Which is it, Hill or Raye's playcalling, IDK.
I don't know. I'd put it down to pressure too, but he's converted some good third downs.

Defence was absolutely outstanding in the first half, I think they're tiring now.
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:16 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

Can't believe it, Gore ran the same circle route 3 plays in a row, nobody covered him & he goes in for the TD that puts SF up by 4. The Cardinals are looking like the team that got to the SB thru the back door at 9-7

Got to hand it to the 9ers DBs, they're shutting Boldin & Fitz out for the most part. Clements is having a super game. Even Roman is whacking people

Zona is working the underneath zone, going no huddle. Warner is actually having a worse game than Hill.

I still think the 9ers will be tempted to use one of their 1st rounders next April for a QB.

Last edited by LizardState : 09-13-2009 at 07:19 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:38 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YES! YES! Justin Smith coming up huge twice when it mattered most. There was a lot that this team did wrong but I will worry about that tomorrow. For now I am just enjoying the win.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:45 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I still think the 9ers will be tempted to use one of their 1st rounders next April for a QB.
Tempted, perhaps, but if we can make the play-offs I would see it as a poor choice. Build the rest of the team while Hill can still lead it.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:52 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Tempted, perhaps, but if we can make the play-offs I would see it as a poor choice. Build the rest of the team while Hill can still lead it.
Agreed, it's only Wk. 1 & it was a squeaker win. It's not going to be a banner draft for QBs anyway, guys like Snead & McCoy will be overdrafted b/c of simple supply & demand.

I couldnt believe that call on Justin Smith, he was calling signals? Everybody does that, is it a new rule?
Old 09-13-2009, 11:51 PM    (permalink
NIMV
Rookie

NIMV hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default HOT SEAT for some 49ers

FINAL CONTRACT PLAYERS

Arnaz Battle
David Baas
Barry Sims
Ahmad Brooks
Mark Roman
Allen Rossum

Most of these players had problems with injuries, low production, and age. And the only way they keep a spot for next season is making an outstanding performance.

UNDER CONTRACT PLAYERS

Alex Smith
Jason Hill
Manny Lawson
Marcus Hudson

Smith is likely to be gone for the upcoming season, Hill stayed only because of Craptree holdout, Lawson is a factor as teammate but as player must prove his value specially with prominent pass rushers on FA and draft in 2010, Hudson was so close to be cut and replaced for Eric Green but next season could feel the pressure once more.

COACHES

Jerry Sullivan
Jason Tarver
Pete Hoener

When Sullivan arrived to SF, seemed WRs could have huge development but all receivers have not surpassed the 1000 yds in last 4 seasons, Tarver might defend himself with Haraldson performance but Lawson is another story and counting other pass rushers they have failed to acomplished a season with poor numbers and Hoener have wasted VD talent usind him as blocker instead of polish his catching skills.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:59 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

Jake Delhomme threw 4 INTs & it could have been worse, that's 9 for him in his last 2 games.

Got to love SF owning the Carolina 1st pick next draft.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Got to love SF owning the Carolina 1st pick next draft.
I was watching that game before the Niners' game. At halftime, I tuned into others because I knew it was over. I was so freaking happy about it. The demise of Jake Delhomme would make for a nice side-piece to this season.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
To be honest, I don't think we could pass on a QB like Snead if he were there next April. If we walked out of the first round with a top OT and Eric Berry, then I'd gladly wait for 2011. Yes, Eric Berry over Mays.

Old 09-14-2009, 07:02 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it just me or does anyone else think we could have beaten the **** out of the Cardinals yesterday?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Is it just me or does anyone else think we could have beaten the **** out of the Cardinals yesterday?
It's not just you. Being at the game, I felt there were TONS of missed opportunities throughout the game, especially the first half where they had 2 FGs instead of TDs and had a turnover in FG range that they were backed up out of, not managing any points after having great field position.

If the running game had looked like it did in the preseason even a little bit more, they would have KILLED the Cards in time of possession, further limiting the chances they had.

It was good to get a win, but it was frustrating watching the Niner's Offense and Special Teams struggle. They have to keep improving.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:00 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
To be honest, I don't think we could pass on a QB like Snead if he were there next April. If we walked out of the first round with a top OT and Eric Berry, then I'd gladly wait for 2011. Yes, Eric Berry over Mays.
Well, I'm partial to Mays but that is for another discussion.

If we could get out of the first round with a top OT and , for sake of argument we will says Mays because Berry was already taken, I would be fine on passing on a QB this year.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:56 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I personally think Snead is way overrated because of his arm strength. I would take 3 or 4 draft eligible QBs over Snead this year.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:18 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I personally think Snead is way overrated because of his arm strength. I would take 3 or 4 draft eligible QBs over Snead this year.
And who are they?

Old 09-15-2009, 02:41 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

I would take Bradford, Clausen, and McCoy over Snead in the 1st round round. I would also much rather have Hiller, LeFevour, or Pike later than Snead in the 1st.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:36 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I would take Bradford, Clausen, and McCoy over Snead in the 1st round round. I would also much rather have Hiller, LeFevour, or Pike later than Snead in the 1st.
You that high on Clausen or just really low on Snead?

Old 09-15-2009, 06:04 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Really low on Snead and higher than most on Clausen.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:28 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

I like Clausen, and as I recall we do pretty well when we draft Notre Damn QB's.

Old 09-16-2009, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Goddamn, I hate Colt McCoy.

Old 09-16-2009, 01:52 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I like Clausen, and as I recall we do pretty well when we draft Notre Damn QB's.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:00 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

I was thinking more along the lines of this guy

Old 09-21-2009, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
I was thinking more along the lines of this guy
Kids these days...

by the way, tampering charges? oh snap!

Old 09-21-2009, 05:41 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Kids these days...

by the way, tampering charges? oh snap!
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

Here is a brief article.