Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 09-29-2009, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Falcon<3
Rookie

Falcon<3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THIZZorDIE View Post
I have also recognized Eric Berry over Taylor Mays since the beginning of this college season. I've been watching Berry but amused by Mays' skill set. Berry is showing me he is a better football player, and I see that when I think about what the 49ers need. I am not distracted by Mays' 'Freak Index' when I imagine each on the 9ers. Mays brings his hitting to the table, but Berry can hit very well too. I think Mays could be a better fit on a smaller faster team, like Falcons or Seahawks, where he can provide the hitting presence. We need turnovers, and deep coverage. I can't say I've seen enough, but I believe Berry's man to man skills are superior to Mays'. Mays plays center field a large majority of the time, he can cover a great amount of ground. The Ohio State game exploited him to an extent. For me it comes down to the matchups with slot receivers that Berry could handle, and provide valuable run support in that same situation. I think Berry is more a corner w/ a safety build (both in HS right?) and Mays is 'backer w/ great speed even more than in a safety body. I think it's a question of when Mays will move to OLB in the Pro's.
I agree with you on your write up. The Freak factor with Mays is high, but Berry is the best football player!
Falcon<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:19 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Could we have lucked out any better. Gore is gonna be out of the rams, falcons, and bye week. The rams and falcons have some of the worst rushing defenses in the league. Gore come back during the bye week and explodes on Houston, another bottom defense of the league.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think that losing Gore is "lucking out," but it's not as bad of a scenario as it could be for sure. Let's hope Coffee can get it going.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:44 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
I don't think that losing Gore is "lucking out," but it's not as bad of a scenario as it could be for sure. Let's hope Coffee can get it going.
I didn't losing Gore was lucking out period. I said having to lose him for these 3-4 weeks is lucking out.

Old 09-30-2009, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
I didn't losing Gore was lucking out period. I said having to lose him for these 3-4 weeks is lucking out.
I know. I was being sarcastic regarding the way you put it. I'm glad the schedule is the way it is as losing him won't be as potentially catastrophic.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 09-30-2009, 10:22 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
I know. I was being sarcastic regarding the way you put it. I'm glad the schedule is the way it is as losing him won't be as potentially catastrophic.
It's almost like they planned it o_0 0_o???!?!???

Old 10-02-2009, 11:06 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More props for these New & Improved 9ers:

I read this in the morning Sports section & did a Whoo-Hooo! (fist pump) -- per Stats, Inc, Nate Clements has the 2nd highest success rate among DBs facing at least 15 passing attempts, allowing catches 33.3 % of the time, 2nd only to the Saints Jabari Greer at 23.8%. The other CB, Dre' Bly, is tied for 5th at 43.8 %.

If they voted for the Pro Bowl today, Greer & Clements would be the NFC starting corners.

I'm just still stunned by the early success of these 9ers, & this is a team with 7 different OCs in 7 yrs, fired their HC in mid-season last yr, & has yet to sign their top pick from the last draft. In their last game, a miracle win on a Hail Mary Favre pass for Minnesota, a heartbreaker loss for SF, they kept the best RB in the league out of the end zone, & blocked a FG for a pick 6 on the road.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:38 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
More props for these New & Improved 9ers:

I read this in the morning Sports section & did a Whoo-Hooo! (fist pump) -- per Stats, Inc, Nate Clements has the 2nd highest success rate among DBs facing at least 15 passing attempts, allowing catches 33.3 % of the time, 2nd only to the Saints Jabari Greer at 23.8%. The other CB, Dre' Bly, is tied for 5th at 43.8 %.

If they voted for the Pro Bowl today, Greer & Clements would be the NFC starting corners.

I'm just still stunned by the early success of these 9ers, & this is a team with 7 different OCs in 7 yrs, fired their HC in mid-season last yr, & has yet to sign their top pick from the last draft. In their last game, a miracle win on a Hail Mary Favre pass for Minnesota, a heartbreaker loss for SF, they kept the best RB in the league out of the end zone, & blocked a FG for a pick 6 on the road.
The reason they're getting so many passes thrown their way is because of Shawntae Spencer, who is playing lights out. He rarely gets targeted. He's blanketing his man, and teams are forced to throw to Bly and Clements, who are doing a very good job in their own right.

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 10-02-2009 at 11:43 AM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:05 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spencer is playing "lights out"????? I always said that he should be a starter but after his last few seasons, I didnt think that it was ever going to happen.

I'm happy that he's finally playing at the level I always thought he could and would. I just hope he stays healthy and plays consistently.

And add the fact that we didnt have Gore for the MIN game.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:11 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Spencer is playing "lights out"????? I always said that he should be a starter but after his last few seasons, I didnt think that it was ever going to happen.

I'm happy that he's finally playing at the level I always thought he could and would. I just hope he stays healthy and plays consistently.

And add the fact that we didnt have Gore for the MIN game.
Yeah Spencer has been holding it down at his position. I'm really excited about the season Goldson is gonna have. He's always around the ball, apparent from his dreads. He has a pick already. I think he'll have a big year this year.

Old 10-02-2009, 03:16 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

I move that we organize a weekly rep rape of Falcons<3.. all in favor say "I" .. those not in favor can SUCK IT!

Old 10-02-2009, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Falcon<3
Rookie

Good luck this week against St. Louis, and hopefully you guys stay healthy. Still not sure what I did to upset you so badly, but I'll leave you alone now. I appreciate the good football talk from a classy organization's fans, it's always interesting.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:47 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Yeah alright Falcon<3 I'll peacefully and calmly tell what really upset me. When you said we made it this far without a QB like Shaun Hill is non existent or something when he's doing really well. Now I will peacefully and calmly tell you to

Old 10-03-2009, 12:16 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^^^^ LMFAO!!!!!
Old 10-03-2009, 08:37 AM    (permalink
Falcon<3
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah alright Falcon<3 I'll peacefully and calmly tell what really upset me. When you said we made it this far without a QB like Shaun Hill is non existent or something when he's doing really well. Now I will peacefully and calmly tell you to

Sorry, didn't realize you were so defensive. Shaun Hill = Trent Dilfer imo. That guy won a super bowl, it's not like Hill has been out carrying your team...trust me I know, I have him on my fantasy football squad as a backup. I've been keeping up with him. Again, I'm sorry I upset you so badly.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:03 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hill has been < stellar so far this yr. At least he's minimized his mistakes.

After the JT O'Sullivan-Martzball disaster last yr, I'm happy as a pig in **** about Hill. Those turnovers always put the 9ers defense in a hole & gave opponents a short field last yr. They hired Martz IMO b/c Nolan didnt know squat about offense.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 01:03 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon&lt View Post
Sorry, didn't realize you were so defensive. Shaun Hill = Trent Dilfer imo. That guy won a super bowl, it's not like Hill has been out carrying your team...trust me I know, I have him on my fantasy football squad as a backup. I've been keeping up with him. Again, I'm sorry I upset you so badly.
Get it right. Dilfer didnt win a Super Bowl. The Ravens defense and Jamal Lewis won Dilfer a Super Bowl. There's a huge difference.

Hill is FAR better than Dilfer ever was and if Raye would just let him play instead of being a chicken **** with the play-calling, you would see that. Last I checked, it was Hill who brought the 49ers back to take the lead with that 4th quarter TD to Davis, not Dilfer.

Quite honestly, I suggest you stay on your own damn team board because you're starting to piss us all off.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Hill has been < stellar so far this yr. At least he's minimized his mistakes.

After the JT O'Sullivan-Martzball disaster last yr, I'm happy as a pig in **** about Hill. Those turnovers always put the 9ers defense in a hole & gave opponents a short field last yr. They hired Martz IMO b/c Nolan didnt know squat about offense.
Nolan should have hired Cam Cameron instead but thats just my own personal opinion not that any of it matters now. The entire Martz/Sullivan thing was a conspiracy against Hill and even Smith but more Hill because he played well at the end of the 2007 season and did the same thing again last year.

Hill is a good solid QB who just needs to have the chains taken off of him. If he wasnt the starter this year, we wouldnt be 2-1.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:09 AM    (permalink
AS11toFG21
Rookie

AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon<3 View Post
Shaun Hill = Trent Dilfer imo. That guy won a super bowl, it's not like Hill has been out carrying your team...trust me I know, I have him on my fantasy football
And......fail.
AS11toFG21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:51 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nothing to do with any of the recent discussions.....

But for my birthday my g/f got me tickets to the colts game. I figured you guys would appreciate that as much as I did.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am View Post

But for my birthday my g/f got me tickets to the colts game. I figured you guys would appreciate that as much as I did.
Enjoy yourselves! Girlfriend tix FTW!!!

Old 10-04-2009, 12:04 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Thoughtful Girlfriends FTW!

Old 10-05-2009, 01:15 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

After watching today's game.. I think we need a speed back. Gore is a package of it all. Coffee does what he does.. he's a power back but shows burst. I would definitely want a guy in there that hey can move out to slot or throw to on passing downs.

Old 10-05-2009, 02:01 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am View Post

Marry her :D

Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? : 10-05-2009 at 02:03 AM.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:03 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
After watching today's game.. I think we need a speed back. Gore is a package of it all. Coffee does what he does.. he's a power back but shows burst. I would definitely want a guy in there that hey can move out to slot or throw to on passing downs.
Kory Sheets is supposed to be that back.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote