Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 12-08-2008, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's more of a case of Singletary inspiring the team, not necessarily Manusky's play calling. He did call his best game of the year, but I don't seem him as a great DC. If they have the opportunity to bring in someone better that wants to work with Sing, I think they should do it.

I think Martz is gone. He'll keep the peace with Sing for the remainder of the season cause they "respect" each pother, but I don't think they "like" each other, which isn't necessary, but I believe it is important for long term success.

I'm on board for keeping Sing for at least next year. The only person I'd take over him for HC is Cowher.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:50 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

i thought martz was interviewing for sds job?
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manusky has gotten better every week. Why would we let him go? That's stupid he is doing all the things Nolan should have done.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:49 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Hill keeps this up i think we can look at a pass rusher. We're playing ourselves out of the top 5 right now so im fairly confident Okrapo won't fall to us. Not sure who else we could pick, maybe Everette Brown. If BJ Raji is available i think we should take a look at him too.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We might as well wait to see where our Draft spot is at this point before we speculate too much further. It's senseless to talk about top 5 prospects if we barely crack (if at all) the Top 10. Remember, both the Rams and Seahawks have worse records than us in our division alone.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 12-08-2008, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Do we keep Martz? Do we keep Singletary? Keep Manusky?
If there was ever an argument to keep all three it was yesterday. That game was near flawless.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
But pretty much all of them are coverage sacks
Bearing in mind the huge difference in quality of our pass defence and theirs I'd say doesn't count for that much. He's ahead of Suggs now btw and sacks-wise the 5th 'best' OLB in the league.

He and Lawson have been stifled, another two talents misused by Nolan. I think he deserves a chance to prove himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
Just to clarify, I would be signing Suggs to play DE opposite Smith in the 4-3 with Lawson and Dansby at OLB

Lawson is used more in coverage than he is as a pass rusher
Turn him loose.

Quote:
while Smith is a great run stopper but not really a pass rusher. Suggs and Dansby give the defense what it needs the most - consistent pressure on the QB.
There's no guarantee of that. Plus, the move would be at a ridiculous cost. It's simply not going to happen, Al Davis hasn't moved across the bay...

Quote:
Plus, dont forget Willis.
Who??

Quote:
Also, I would much rather overpay Suggs and/or Dansby instead of Haynesworth.
That's pretty irrelevant...
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 09:49 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK, just to get some opinions here-

Which DB, currently starting, would you say needs to be replaced the most and why?

I also thinking about changing my opinion on our biggest draft need from O-line to DE.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:21 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mark Roman needs to be replaced immediately. In almost every game this season he has given up at least one big pass play or missed a tackle on a long run.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Which DB, currently starting, would you say needs to be replaced the most and why?
1) Mark Roman - He is worthless.
2) Walt Harris - He's been average this year but I am hoping that Tarell takes his place.
3) Michael Lewis - He was great last year but he's been average at best this year.

Old 12-09-2008, 02:12 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider
FS Mark Roman easily. He was good in 2006 but has sucked since. I personally want to see Reggie Smith be the starting FS but that's just me.

CB Walt Harris would be second. He's had a good run but now, he's pretty much done. And people here wondered why I would have went after CB Asante Samuel this past March. Oh well.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 03:27 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

roman
harris
spencer
sometimes i think even clements should go.

sf has spent alot of money and not getting great results from it.

i like max unger, alponsho smith and juaquin igelesias
Old 12-09-2008, 03:37 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

id like the draft to go like this since sf is playing themselves out of a top 8 pick.
1. aaron curry - along w/ willis and lawson this would be a very young and quick set lbs to play alongside each other for many years.
2. patrick chung - this pick could go cb/s depends on roman, lewis, k.lewis and harris. he could play both safety positions
3. max unger - a o-lineman that can play all 3 positions if needed.
4. teerance taylor - franklin and fields can be upgraded this dude is huge!
5. arain foster - gore needs a better backup than foster and robinson
6. drew willy - not going to be the next brady but smith and j.martin are good as gone, let's face it.
7. jose valdez - sf needs more ot than can block and protect.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:19 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
roman
harris
spencer
sometimes i think even clements should go.

sf has spent alot of money and not getting great results from it.

i like max unger, alponsho smith and juaquin igelesias
Seriously? Because getting beat deep 1 time in a high-profile game must mean he sucks...
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
id like the draft to go like this since sf is playing themselves out of a top 8 pick.
1. aaron curry - along w/ willis and lawson this would be a very young and quick set lbs to play alongside each other for many years.
2. patrick chung - this pick could go cb/s depends on roman, lewis, k.lewis and harris. he could play both safety positions
3. max unger - a o-lineman that can play all 3 positions if needed.
4. teerance taylor - franklin and fields can be upgraded this dude is huge!
5. arain foster - gore needs a better backup than foster and robinson
6. drew willy - not going to be the next brady but smith and j.martin are good as gone, let's face it.
7. jose valdez - sf needs more ot than can block and protect.
Why would we take Curry? He would play ILB which would really limit his ability as a player. Not to mention it is not a need. Chung is also a bad pick considering he is a SS not a FS which is what we need. We are loaded with SS.

Why do you guys still think we need a DE?
Old 12-09-2008, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

I would love to get Patrick Chung in the second.

Old 12-09-2008, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I would love to get Patrick Chung in the second.
......Why?
Old 12-10-2008, 04:04 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roman
Harris
Two old guys who need to move on.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
......Why?
Well, if's he's there in the 3rd, that works. I'd like to draft him because he's a safety and Roman is god-awful. Rashad Johnson would be fine, too.

Old 12-10-2008, 11:05 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Mark Roman needs to be replaced immediately. In almost every game this season he has given up at least one big pass play or missed a tackle on a long run.
Agree, Roman hasn't had an INT in over two years and it would be beneficial for this defense to add a ball hawking saftey. Plus I hate the logic they use to justify starting Roman, i.e. vet who is in the right place at the right time, reminds me way too much of the same reason they kept starting Derek Smith.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Well, if's he's there in the 3rd, that works. I'd like to draft him because he's a safety and Roman is god-awful. Rashad Johnson would be fine, too.
Chung is a SS though. We need a cover FS.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

My current rankings for drafting the Niners needs:

OT
DE (pass rushing)
FS (coverage, not hard hitting)
QB (to develop, regardless of Hill and Alex's situations)
DT (Large, strong nose for 3-4 or a space eater/pass rusher for 4-3)
WR (either a BIG target for Red Zone jump balls, or a speedster to stick in the slot, replacing Battle.)

Old 12-10-2008, 01:31 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade
Roman
Harris
Two old guys who need to move on.
And dont forget the third guy below.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:33 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

I love it how everyone hates Mark Roman despite me never wanting him two years ago and everyone disagreeing with me at that time.

But yeah, he sucks. I would like to see Reggie Smith start at FS the last three games or at least Goldson.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:46 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman
My current rankings for drafting the Niners needs:

OT
DE (pass rushing)
FS (coverage, not hard hitting)
QB (to develop, regardless of Hill and Alex's situations)
DT (Large, strong nose for 3-4 or a space eater/pass rusher for 4-3)
WR (either a BIG target for Red Zone jump balls, or a speedster to stick in the slot, replacing Battle.)
Staley has done a great job at LT while Snyder has done a better job than Jennings ever did. I'm personally happy with both of them starting at LT and RT respectively.

A pass rushing DE / OLB is what we need but it depends on what defense we run. If it's the 4-3, we need a pass rushing DE. If it's the 3-4, we need a pass rushing OLB.

I disagree with FS because we have Goldson and Reggie Smith who should be the starting FS, not a backup CB. We draft a FS, it'll be a waste because we would have drafted a position that isnt really a need because of who we have. And considering that Smih has been playing CB, his coverage skills have to be at least average or he wouldnt be a CB. Because of this, he should be playing FS which would allow M. Lewis to be more aggressive in run support and be able to blitz.

QB depends on who our QB's are heading into the draft. It looks like its going to be Hill and Smith. I wouldnt waste a draft pick on a QB who's just going to be 3rd at best and will have to learn and adjust from college to the NFL. No point in my opinion.

DT / NT - If we go back to the 4-3 (which we should) on a full time basis, this isnt a need whatsoever because we have Sopoaga and just drafted Balmer with Fields providing depth. NT wise, I agree but unless there's a Wilfork type player, no point as it would be a waste of two draft picks including Balmer.

WR - I actually would like to keep Bryant Johnson because it seems that he's finally getting involved in the offense. I would put him in the slot with Hill and Morgan as the starters in 2009. Time to let the young guys play and see what they can do starting wise on a full time basis.

My top three draft needs would be like this as of now -

1) Pass rushing DE / OLB
2) Cover CB to start opposite Clements
3) ILB to play next to Willis