Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 02-06-2010, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Casual Male XL
Rookie

Casual Male XL hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I'd give up a first for 10 years of great production over 2 years of dwindling production.
... Me too. As I said, most of us would prefer Graham over Porter. The way it looks, Graham is a first round pick. Porter would be a free agent signing.

Quote:
There are plenty of teams that need a pass rusher more than the 49ers.
Right, but Porter has stated his desire to play on the west coast. The 49ers pass rush certainly isn't as set as the Chargers, and Arizona has a few large deals to dish out to their own current talent.

Quote:
You could practically say that about any player in the NFL. That's the problem, players that are whining about playing time aren't going to want to come cheap, either.
Players as old as Joey Porter, who've been relegated to part time duty on their current team (and probably will be on their next team), aren't going to get a large contract anywhere.
Casual Male XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual Male XL View Post
The 49ers pass rush certainly isn't as set as the Chargers.
Strongly disagree.

Shaun Phillips - 7.0
Shawne Merriman - 4.0 (potential FA)
Larry English - 2.0
Marques Harris - 2.0 (was just cut last season)

Quote:
Players as old as Joey Porter, who've been relegated to part time duty on their current team (and probably will be on their next team), aren't going to get a large contract anywhere.
The bold is the point. Sure, he wants to play on the West coast BECAUSE he wants out of Miami. He doesn't want out of Miami just to play on the West coast. He wants out of Miami because he refuses to be in a rotational role. The same role he would have in SF.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:59 PM    (permalink
PhysicalwithanF
Rookie

PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.

If i had to bet, San Diego seems like the right fit if he does indeed leave..Merrimans situation is sketchy as ****, English didint have as good a year as i was projecting for him..plus he gets to stay in the AFC.
PhysicalwithanF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:07 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is WAY off topic.

Did I miss something about Singletary? I don't understand 'Casual Male's' Sig at all.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am View Post
This is WAY off topic.

Did I miss something about Singletary? I don't understand 'Casual Male's' Sig at all.
Sing has had a few of the assistant coaches bring their wives to their interviews as Sing understands the important balance and between football and happiness/support of their family. I think he's implying that Sing has some ulterior motives for wanting the other coaches' wives coming to the interview.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:22 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Sing has had a few of the assistant coaches bring their wives to their interviews as Sing understands the important balance and between football and happiness/support of their family. I think he's implying that Sing has some ulterior motives for wanting the other coaches' wives coming to the interview.
Okay, knew about the interviewing process, just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything else.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:02 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

Before I forget.....
I will be going to Canton to see Jerry get Inducted in the Hall of Fame!

Thought you guys would dig that
Old 02-10-2010, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am View Post
Before I forget.....
I will be going to Canton to see Jerry get Inducted in the Hall of Fame!

Thought you guys would dig that
Hope you post some pics of it in your sig upon your return! Represent!

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 02-10-2010, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously, madirishman, you need to cut that sig down in size. From the rules:

Quote:
6. Do not allow your sig to grow excessively in size. A single 500x125 image should be plenty of room.

a) Signatures will also be limited to ten LINES of additional text (excluding the image). A quote will equal one line of text (not including the text inside).
b) You may only use ONE image tag in your signature.
I dont care but I dont want you do get *****ed at.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Seriously, madirishman, you need to cut that sig down in size. From the rules:

I dont care but I dont want you do get *****ed at.
What are you talking about Brent?! ;)

Ok, ok. Pro Bowl is over anyway. Better?

Old 02-10-2010, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
What are you talking about Brent?! ;)

Ok, ok. Pro Bowl is over anyway. Better?
haha I dont care, I was just giving you a heads up.

that sig has two of my five favorite Niners ever. so it's awesome.

Old 02-11-2010, 03:58 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you can get a sign with Montana and Rice, it would be even better. :)
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
If you can get a sign with Montana and Rice, it would be even better. :)
Let's not get greedy now. That would be just waaaayy crazy!

Where is yours with T.O.?

Old 02-17-2010, 03:00 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont even know how you guys make those sigs to begin with as im not a computer person whatsoever.

Besides, I have my jersey and youtube videos for whenever I want to see T.O. dominate. :)

I read on PFT that the Chargers are looking to trade CB Antonio Cromartie for a RB or a draft pick so they can move up in order to draft one. Since Robinson doesnt look like he's going anywhere, how would everyone here feel about inquiring about a possible Cromartie for Coffee trade? It would eliminate the need to draft a CB and ensure that we draft Spiller (or another finesse back) to be the change of pace back.

While Cromartie may have better value, his value cant be that high if SD is looking to trade him plus Coffee and Sproles could be a good combo in SD.

For us, having Cromartie could be a great move for us. We could have Spencer and Cromartie as the starters and move Clements to FS or use Cromartie as the nickelback or even possibly, release Clements in favor of Cromartie.

Thoughts???
Old 02-17-2010, 03:17 PM    (permalink
aldo raine

I was the GM for the 49ers in a forum mock on another board. I did some research and watched a lot of college football this past year, and this is what I came up with. How do you guys think I did?

1(13) Joe Haden CB Florida
1(16) Bryan Bulaga T Iowa
2(49) Jerry Hughes LB TCU
3(79) Reshad Jones S Georgia
4(110) Danario Alexander WR Missouri

Passed on Spiller for Haden. Spiller went to SEA.

Bulaga was a no-brainer, IMO.

I think the 9ers need help rushing the passer. Hughes was super productive as a DE and is expected to blow up at the combine.

Was Reshad Jones a reach at 79? There was a serious run of safeties in the 2nd round after I picked Hughes. Chad Jones, Burnett, Allen all came off the board between 51 and 55.

I wanted Andre Roberts in the 4th but he was taken 103. I passed on Taylor Price for Alexander, not sure if that was the right call.

All your comments are appreciated. GMs are submitting their grades this week and I'm a little anxious for feedback. :p
Old 02-17-2010, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Casual Male XL
Rookie

Casual Male XL hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I dont even know how you guys make those sigs to begin with as im not a computer person whatsoever.

Besides, I have my jersey and youtube videos for whenever I want to see T.O. dominate. :)

I read on PFT that the Chargers are looking to trade CB Antonio Cromartie for a RB or a draft pick so they can move up in order to draft one. Since Robinson doesnt look like he's going anywhere, how would everyone here feel about inquiring about a possible Cromartie for Coffee trade? It would eliminate the need to draft a CB and ensure that we draft Spiller (or another finesse back) to be the change of pace back.

While Cromartie may have better value, his value cant be that high if SD is looking to trade him plus Coffee and Sproles could be a good combo in SD.

For us, having Cromartie could be a great move for us. We could have Spencer and Cromartie as the starters and move Clements to FS or use Cromartie as the nickelback or even possibly, release Clements in favor of Cromartie.

Thoughts???
I can't help but think another CB needy team could make a better offer. I don't think you'll find a Niner fan who wouldn't like a Coffee for Cro trade, but did Coffee do enough last year to convince anyone he should be starting, or even splitting carries, on a consistent basis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldo raine View Post
I was the GM for the 49ers in a forum mock on another board. I did some research and watched a lot of college football this past year, and this is what I came up with. How do you guys think I did?

If this somehow actually happened, I think it'd be the best case scenario for the team. I just don't see Haden falling past Cleveland, unless he really, really disappoints at the combine.

Last edited by Casual Male XL : 02-17-2010 at 03:58 PM.
Casual Male XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:28 PM    (permalink
aldo raine

Quote:
If this somehow actually happened, I think it'd be the best case scenario for the team. I just don't see Haden falling past Cleveland, unless he really, really disappoints at the combine.
This is how the top 12 shook up. I think it's a smart move for CLE to draft a falling QB in this case.

1.. St. Louis Rams - Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska
2.. Detroit Lions - Gerald McCoy DT Oklahoma
3.. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Eric Berry S Tennessee
4.. Washington Redskins - Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame
5.. Kansas City Chiefs - Russell Okung T Oklahoma St.
6.. Seattle Seahawks - Derrick Morgan DE Georgia Tech
7.. Cleveland Browns - Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma
8.. Oakland Raiders Bruce Campbell T Maryland
9.. Buffalo Bills -Anthony Davis T Rutgers
10. Denver Broncos (Chicago)- Dez Bryant WR Oklahoma St.
11. Jacksonville Jaguars - Brandon Graham DE Michigan
12. Miami Dolphins - Rolando McClain LB Alabama
Old 02-17-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
PhysicalwithanF
Rookie

PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

Thoughts???
I think AJ Smith would laugh and hang up the phone.
PhysicalwithanF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Cromartie is going to end up in Dallas, in exchange for Barber or Choice IMO.

Old 02-17-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

A.J. Smith probably would laugh but im sure after seeing Brees and the Saints win the SB, im sure he's laughing all the time. LOL.

I dont see Cromartie going to DAL whatsoever. They dont need him. They have Newman, Jenkins and Scandrick. I do think that Barber will get traded though.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Cromartie is garbage. I hope to hell that the Niners dont even think about that dude.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldo raine View Post

Passed on Spiller for Haden. Spiller went to SEA.

Bulaga was a no-brainer, IMO.

I think the 9ers need help rushing the passer. Hughes was super productive as a DE and is expected to blow up at the combine.

Was Reshad Jones a reach at 79? There was a serious run of safeties in the 2nd round after I picked Hughes. Chad Jones, Burnett, Allen all came off the board between 51 and 55.

I wanted Andre Roberts in the 4th but he was taken 103. I passed on Taylor Price for Alexander, not sure if that was the right call.

All your comments are appreciated. GMs are submitting their grades this week and I'm a little anxious for feedback. :p
Great job on that mock. I'm a huge Jerry Hughes fan, so getting him in the second is damn sexy. If the Niners had that draft, I'd be thrilled.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Haden is a guy I still like. Definitely challenges for a starting roll from the day he shows up.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:59 AM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Haden is a guy I still like. Definitely challenges for a starting roll from the day he shows up.
I think they would most likely end up releasing Clements. Doubt Clements would beat Haden out in camp.
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:49 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thediggler3030 View Post
I think they would most likely end up releasing Clements. Doubt Clements would beat Haden out in camp.
I totally disagree with this.
binary is offline   Reply With Quote