Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-17-2010, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Because I've already heard enough of their bickering on this forum there is really no need. When fans are making fun of their own quarterback and coming up with negative nicknames for him, then you know something is quite wrong.

Romo is a better quarterback for obvious reasons. Do you really want me to take the time and explain them to you?
I'm over it bro. Moving on.....

The Niners just signed Karl Paymah, effectively replacing the spot vacated by Hudson, who signed with the Panthers last week.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...-contract.html

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:17 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because I've already heard enough of their bickering on this forum there is really no need. When fans are making fun of their own quarterback and coming up with negative nicknames for him, then you know something is quite wrong.

Romo is a better quarterback for obvious reasons. Do you really want me to take the time and explain them to you?
You know what, go ahead and state your reasons.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:25 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
I'm over it bro. Moving on.....

The Niners just signed Karl Paymah, effectively replacing the spot vacated by Hudson, who signed with the Panthers last week.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...-contract.html
In an attempt to help your quest of moving the discussion away from Romo and Cutler, I thought would respond :D

I hope Paymah is just there for camp. I'm kinda sick of the Niners grabbing players just for special teams value. I know there was hope that Hudson would evolve into a player that could play as a DB, but in all honesty he was also a waste of a roster spot for the defense.
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
You know what, go ahead and state your reasons.
That Romo is the better starter over Cutler? Well the big knock is obviously the interceptions. Cutler just throws way too many of them compared to his touchdown percentage, which is also actually quite lower as well. Same thing goes with yards per attempt. All considerably lower. I won't really knock on Cutler too much with his first season in Chicago since he was in his first year with a new team. But even back in Denver, Cutler wasn't that great. He may improve, but I'd be surprised if he becomes significantly better than the player he already is.

But people shouldn't really have to look at stats to justify the reasoning. The play on the field speaks for itself. Cutler just doesn't make that many good decisions with the football to be considered better than Romo in my opinion. And doesn't make nearly as many big plays.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:11 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are some rumors going around that Mcloughan might be stepping down as GM. If this is true, I'm gonna have to take a break from being a Niner fan guys. Scot was pretty much the only football mind I really respected that we had left in the organization, and for him to leave right before the draft, THIS particular draft, it's just too much to handle.

I can already tell why he would leave, and I don't blame him. Jed has fallen in love with Singletary and his marketing potential, and Scot knows this is not the way to build a winning football franchise. I remember when Scot brought in a great list of OC candidates for us to interview and Sing scared them all away, that was pretty much the first sign. It really made me think why Scot would hang around such ineptitude. Anyways, it's been fun debating on what the niners should do with this draft and talking about the team, but I need a break....we're screwed. Peace yall.....if this happens.
binary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:07 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman
He's above average, but I'd rather have ANY of the starting QBs below on my team over Romo.

Aaron Rodgers
Drew Brees
Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
Philip Rivers
Matt Schaub
Brett Favre
Ben Roethlisberger
Jay Cutler
Donovan McNabb
Eli Manning
Matt Ryan
Joe Flacco
I would take Romo over Favre, Roethlisberger, Cutler, Ryan and Flacco but not the rest.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:10 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
There are some rumors going around that Mcloughan might be stepping down as GM. If this is true, I'm gonna have to take a break from being a Niner fan guys. Scot was pretty much the only football mind I really respected that we had left in the organization, and for him to leave right before the draft, THIS particular draft, it's just too much to handle.

I can already tell why he would leave, and I don't blame him. Jed has fallen in love with Singletary and his marketing potential, and Scot knows this is not the way to build a winning football franchise. I remember when Scot brought in a great list of OC candidates for us to interview and Sing scared them all away, that was pretty much the first sign. It really made me think why Scot would hang around such ineptitude. Anyways, it's been fun debating on what the niners should do with this draft and talking about the team, but I need a break....we're screwed. Peace yall.....if this happens.
If McCloughan leaves, I think that it will be after the Draft.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:19 AM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post

Seriously hope you're not right but I can't see what would justify this. Honestly, it's just dumb to even think we'd be forcing him out now, five weeks before the draft. And I agree, he's the main reason I've had faith that things were on the way up. Singletary's a damn good motivator but that only goes so far-- McCloughan's the one who's been slowly but steadily building up our talent base for the past five years. It would absolutely suck if we're getting rid of him for something as stupid as this.
stl9erfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:26 AM    (permalink
FG4prez
Rookie

FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.

I cant understand why they would want to push him out. Is it the result of a power struggle? His track record has been so good recently; this would really be a shame if he wasn't leaving under his own volition.
FG4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:31 AM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Agent: McCloughan won't voluntarily step down
This scares me.
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:12 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That Romo is the better starter over Cutler? Well the big knock is obviously the interceptions. Cutler just throws way too many of them compared to his touchdown percentage, which is also actually quite lower as well. Same thing goes with yards per attempt. All considerably lower. I won't really knock on Cutler too much with his first season in Chicago since he was in his first year with a new team. But even back in Denver, Cutler wasn't that great. He may improve, but I'd be surprised if he becomes significantly better than the player he already is.

But people shouldn't really have to look at stats to justify the reasoning. The play on the field speaks for itself. Cutler just doesn't make that many good decisions with the football to be considered better than Romo in my opinion. And doesn't make nearly as many big plays.
As the token Dallas fan on this thread I have to agree with Ness this time. Romo has a much better head for the game, has a better arm than he is credited, is a very good field general & nobody looks off safeties like Tony Romo, just ask the Eagles.

As for Scott McCloghan leaving the team, I posted this on the Pro FB pg. & although repeating posts isn't my habit, I think it's relevant here:

See what happens when you say you want draft Tim Tebow?

Just kidding.

Jed York, youngest GM in waiting in the NFL, has already assumed most of the mgmt. & admin. responsibilities of the franchise. Maybe this will complete that process. Unlike other 2nd generation owners in the league he actually is getting some hands on experience in the real NFL including the draft, can't say the same for Mark Davis in Oakland or Stephen Jones in Dallas, who won't be anything more than placeholders until their fathers are 6 ft. under.

The 9ers pulled out of their downward spiral last yr. with dramatic defensive improvements (from almost dead last in points given up in 08 to 3rd vs. the rush in 09) & a whole new attitude imparted from Singletary, not bad for a team who didn't have their top draft pick signed & on the field until mid-October. With the departure of many pay me or say goodbye FA superstars in Zona, the complete rebuilding in Seattle & the joke that is the Rams under new ownership, right now the 9ers are the most stable team in the division & s/b the favorite to win it this season.

Last edited by LizardState : 03-18-2010 at 10:15 AM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
As the token Dallas fan on this thread
You lost me right there LizardState. A Dallas/Niners combo fan is an oxymoron. :)

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 03-18-2010, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
If McCloughan leaves, I think that it will be after the Draft.
It looks like that if it happens, it will happen quickly. According to Maiocco's post last night, they already started moving files from his office. NOT GOOD.

The idea that this would happen with this horrible timing pisses me off.

Old 03-18-2010, 12:35 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
It looks like that if it happens, it will happen quickly. According to Maiocco's post last night, they already started moving files from his office. NOT GOOD.

The idea that this would happen with this horrible timing pisses me off.
Reminds me of the Norv ordeal, how could this crap keep happening to us? Holy Jesus.
binary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:38 PM    (permalink
PhysicalwithanF
Rookie

PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.

This has to be something personal...Jed would not fire McCLoughan for a football related matter 5 weeks before the draft
PhysicalwithanF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicalwithanF View Post
This has to be something personal...Jed would not fire McCLoughan for a football related matter 5 weeks before the draft
Apparently the brass was talking about Scotty Mac's future with him yesterday at their meeting. Something went wrong at that meeting.

I'm wondering if this will affect them possibly signing Chester Pitts, who is supposed to visit today after meeting with the Lions for the passed two days.

Old 03-18-2010, 03:16 PM    (permalink
PhysicalwithanF
Rookie

PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.

One site says hes gone:

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/03/18/4...han-part-ways/
Old 03-18-2010, 06:15 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...san-francisco/

Well, it seems like he's out of SF. I havent always been a fan of McCloughan but at least he was smart and seemed like he knew what he was doing. Now, its up to the Yorks and Singletary. UGH!!! My head is hurting.

And is it true that Singletary wanted to pass on drafting Willis back in 2007? Because if so, me being a fan of Singletary has taken a hit.

A sad day for 49er fans and thank God that Bill Walsh isnt alive to see what's going on with the team he made great. Of course, im sure he's turning in his grave right about now. UGH. :( :( :( :( :(
Old 03-18-2010, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

This is indeed strange, strange timing. I wonder if Scotty Mac truly had "personal" issues or if there were business/football reasons he's gone as this is a horrible time to lose him a GM.

I have a lot of faith in Sing as a motivator and Coach, but not as a GM. I know he's doing a lot for the Draft process, but if he has GM added to his duties and makes all the teams picks in the Draft, I think it will end up being a fail as it's too much for someone with his lack of football operation experience. I thought he and Scotty Mac made a good partnership, as they had different strengths.

According to reports, their Draft board is already tentatively set. I'd hate to see bad blood with the Niners and Scott, as he may be tempted to go to a rival team's FO and spill our plans, etc.

All I can say is R.I.P. Bill Walsh. We need a visionary to lift this franchise back up again and build it the right way.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:33 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...san-francisco/

Well, it seems like he's out of SF. I havent always been a fan of McCloughan but at least he was smart and seemed like he knew what he was doing. Now, its up to the Yorks and Singletary. UGH!!! My head is hurting.

And is it true that Singletary wanted to pass on drafting Willis back in 2007? Because if so, me being a fan of Singletary has taken a hit.

A sad day for 49er fans and thank God that Bill Walsh isnt alive to see what's going on with the team he made great. Of course, im sure he's turning in his grave right about now. UGH. :( :( :( :( :(
Letís not jump to conclusions yet. Adam Schefter is reporting itís only a leave of absence. He is also making it sound like the team doesnít want McCloughan gone and that itís more a personal issue he has that isnít related to football.

Schefter is also claiming they will move responsibilities over to director of player personnel Trent Baalke and director of pro personnel Tom Gamble before York takes a role in things.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...e=NFLHeadlines
Old 03-18-2010, 06:37 PM    (permalink
PhysicalwithanF
Rookie

A reliable poster from another board said that McCloughans wife filed for divorce...could be a peice of whats goin on..
Old 03-18-2010, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Singletary with GM responsibilities, head coach responsibilities, and being a father of seven children. That is a lot on a person's plate.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:37 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicalwithanF View Post
A reliable poster from another board said that McCloughans wife filed for divorce...could be a peice of whats goin on..
Yeah here is the post I think you are referencing:

"I WON"T POST ANY SPECIFIC BECAUSE YOU MUST DO SO YOURSELF.

GO TO SANTA CLARA"S SUPERIOR COURT WEBSITE, GO TO CASE INFO

LOOKUP CIVIL CASES

LOOKUP ANYONE BY LAST NAME

MAKE SURE TO USE CORRECT LAST NAME

MAKE SURE TO SEARCH ALL CASES IN THE LAST WEEK OR WHATEVER

MY DISCLAIMER IS THAT I DON"T KNOW ANYTHING AND I AM NOT CLAIMING ANYONE (INCLUDING SCOT MCLOUGHAN) HAS ANY CASES (CIVIL OR CRIMINAL). MANY PEOPLE HAVE SIMILAR OR SAME NAMES.

THIS IS A GENERAL HOW TO. HAVE FUN!"

I haven't checked but people are saying there is a divorce and paternity case filed there under Scot's name. This is also really consistent with Adam Schefter's report. I really think Maiocco blew this way out of proportion. Its understandable why he did, as it was suspicious when no one responded to him, but its possible the Niners are just trying to respect McCloughan's privacy, as Shefter is claiming.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:41 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

Quote:
Mike Singletary with GM responsibilities, head coach responsibilities, and being a father of seven children. That is a lot on a person's plate.
Singletary gets good effort out of his players and has been successful, but lets be honest, the guy can barley string a proper sentence together.

Director of player personnel Trent Baalke, director of pro personnel Tom Gamble, or an outside hire would mist likely take over if Scot left for good. Baalke and Gamble seem to be taking on Scot's responsibilities while he is gone at least.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:54 PM    (permalink
PhysicalwithanF
Rookie

Although the Niners board might already be semi set, i think its pretty clear that this is Singletarys show to run now. Maoicco was on Chronicle Live earlier and apparently Singletary has been very involved in this draft this year, from attendance at the combine, to holding interviews, calling old coaches and even going to schools for private workouts (apparently he was at Univ of Cincinnati last week)..point is..he is THE trigger man now in the war room..so we will see how Singeltary the talent evaluator is..which imo is still something thats up in the air.