Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-18-2010, 10:24 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
You lost me right there LizardState. A Dallas/Niners combo fan is an oxymoron. :)
Read the schedules -- they don't play each other next yr. Maybe in the NFC playoffs, nothing is written in stone though. If players can have FA, so can the fans. And I live here, & have to expend huge sums to watch the Cowboys in sports bars or whatever thanks to the draconian Comcast cable monopoly & NFL regional telecasting policies, so I think I have a choice of teams to support between the 9ers or the Raiders, & anyone here who follows the NFL knows that's no choice at all.

Besides, both teams are managed by ego-driven megalomanics with no sense of propriety, you tell me which has worse people in charge. Only Jed York is the exception there, he's new on the job. See my earlier post on how his promotion into the front office has helped the team.

I think McCloghan's divorce is behind his sudden departure. He has a huge salary & probably a big financial stake in the team that could be community property under CA law & he's covering his ass on his attorney's advice.

Quote:
Although the Niners board might already be semi set, i think its pretty clear that this is Singletarys show to run now.
Not really, Jed York has the final say on pretty much everything & I believe that includes draft picks. And he signs Singletary's paycheck, he will probably replace McCloghan entirely. Actually that's a damn good thing that his father, Dr. John York, is out of the loop on FB matters, even the most rookie poster here knows about the NFL & FB in general than he does. McCloghan was never really a FB guy either, but he's a close friend of Dr. York's. If Singletary was in Cincy for their pro day workout I'll bet some York family members were there too, the DeBartolo/York family lives in Youngstown.

All Dr. York does now is scheme & connive to put that new Santa Clara stadium deal together but it's been croaked by the awful economy.... he is IMO living in denial on the issue. Jed is green & still in his 1st yr on the job, but he shows great promise -- 180 out from the leftover Walsh appointees like Terry Donahue, who had the worst drafting the NFL for yrs & yrs there.

Last edited by LizardState : 03-18-2010 at 10:54 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:45 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thediggler3030 View Post
Singletary gets good effort out of his players and has been successful, but lets be honest, the guy can barley string a proper sentence together.
This. Singletary's decision making responsibilities need to be placed at a minimum.
binary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 02:28 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Read the schedules -- they don't play each other next yr. Maybe in the NFC playoffs, nothing is written in stone though. If players can have FA, so can the fans. And I live here, & have to expend huge sums to watch the Cowboys in sports bars or whatever thanks to the draconian Comcast cable monopoly & NFL regional telecasting policies, so I think I have a choice of teams to support between the 9ers or the Raiders, & anyone here who follows the NFL knows that's no choice at all.
Just cause they don't play each other, doesn't mean that they aren't perennial rivals and it's very uncommon for someone to not choose a side. I know that Chapo roots for both the Saints and Niners, which would be especially strange if there were still in the same division.

Yes, players have FA, and switch teams, but they don't play for TWO teams simultaneously.

That''s like saying that because I live in AZ now and some close friends of mine root for the Cardinals, I should now root for them AND the Niners? Nah, man, No way! I suck it up and pay for NFL Sunday Ticket so I never miss a game for my one and only favorite team; the 49ers.

It is a free country and it is just a game we're talking about so root for who you want - just understand that rooting for both sides of a rivalry is abnormal.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:13 AM    (permalink
FG4prez
Rookie

FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.

I tend to agree. I think Simmons calls it sports bigamy.

diggler and binary: i completely agree. Singletary has no track record of being a good judge of talent. he just hasnt shown that hes capable of making these decisions. lets hope its just some personal issues with mac and that he will get back on track soon. if its a power struggle, id be pissed that it happened now and not when someone like holmgren could have been brought on--although that may have brought some clashes based on what we know now.

Last edited by FG4prez : 03-19-2010 at 11:05 AM.
FG4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:35 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not really, Jed York has the final say on pretty much everything & I believe that includes draft picks. And he signs Singletary's paycheck, he will probably replace McCloghan entirely. Actually that's a damn good thing that his father, Dr. John York, is out of the loop on FB matters, even the most rookie poster here knows about the NFL & FB in general than he does. McCloghan was never really a FB guy either, but he's a close friend of Dr. York's. If Singletary was in Cincy for their pro day workout I'll bet some York family members were there too, the DeBartolo/York family lives in Youngstown.
His father was a former player and after his career became a scout. Scot has been around scouting and football for his whole life. He accompanied his dad around on scouting trips and watched film with his dad. He was learning the business from a young age and has been mentored by Ron Wolf and worked under Ted Thompson, so he has learned from some very good people. He has a great deal of knowledge when it comes to scouting and drafting players.

I wouldn't call that a "non-football guy". He might not have been a player but he has been around the game from the day he was born.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:15 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.O.O.D View Post
His father was a former player and after his career became a scout. Scot has been around scouting and football for his whole life. He accompanied his dad around on scouting trips and watched film with his dad. He was learning the business from a young age and has been mentored by Ron Wolf and worked under Ted Thompson, so he has learned from some very good people. He has a great deal of knowledge when it comes to scouting and drafting players.

I wouldn't call that a "non-football guy". He might not have been a player but he has been around the game from the day he was born.
You're entitled to your opinion, but IMO never played it or coached it = non-FB guy.

There were those lingering questions about his credentials to be an NFL GM & those of Paraag Marathe, the VP of FB Operations, when both rose so high so quickly after the change in ownership from Eddie DeBartolo to his sister Denise & her husband Dr. York. Per the article in today's SJ Mercury News, Holmgren gave McCloghan his high recommendation for hire when he was with 9ers.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're entitled to your opinion, but IMO never played it or coached it = non-FB guy.

There were those lingering questions about his credentials to be an NFL GM & those of Paraag Marathe, the VP of FB Operations, when both rose so high so quickly after the change in ownership from Eddie DeBartolo to his sister Denise & her husband Dr. York. Per the article in today's SJ Mercury News, Holmgren gave McCloghan his high recommendation for hire when he was with 9ers.
What does being "football guy" mean though? Just because you played the game doesn't necessarily mean you'll be good in the administrative side of it. Look at Matt Millen. He had a pretty good career as a linebacker...and was a fantastic broadcaster. But as general manager for the Detroit Lions he was completely awful. And what level would be acceptable to you in terms of "having played the game"? Pee wee? High school? College? All three of those are vastly different from the NFL and some of the best minds the NFL has known never played in the pros.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 03-19-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:46 PM    (permalink
PhysicalwithanF
Rookie

PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.

We got a 6th round compensatory pick
PhysicalwithanF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicalwithanF View Post
We got a 6th round compensatory pick
Cool. I believe many of us assumed it was a 7th.

Barry Sims re-signed to one year deal:

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...ith-49ers.html

Whew! After losing Pashos at a position of need, this is a good move for the Niners as he can play both sides as a back up, or fill-in starter if needed.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 03-22-2010, 08:17 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just got photoshop - obviously, these are not Bonekrusher esque, but I'm just toying around with some stuff. If you like one, let me know, it's yours. Any ideas let me know, i'm trying to figure this stuff out.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:36 PM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a bad effort bro, try putting a thin border round them though. Really helps on the presentation front. ;)
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:47 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you will get better trust me, those look like my 1st few. i had photoshop bout 2 years ago became good at it but then got a new comp. without photo so couldn't do it.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:37 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Cool. I believe many of us assumed it was a 7th.

Barry Sims re-signed to one year deal:

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...ith-49ers.html

Whew! After losing Pashos at a position of need, this is a good move for the Niners as he can play both sides as a back up, or fill-in starter if needed.
What a day!

I'm glad we finally got a bit of light on the McCloughan situation. It sounds to me like York didn't want Scot to go, so maybe Mike Silver will shut up. I think something happened in Scot's personal life (divorce?) that started affecting his job performance. I wish Scot the best, and I think he did a hell of a job with the Niners.

Thank god we resigned Barry Sims; lol never thought I would say that. I'm not sure people had fully grasped the important role he filled last year. Without Sims we would need 2 OT's. Both would have to be rookies most likely, or FA's after the 53 man cut as there are no good FA OT's available at this time. We need to suit up 3 OT's in a game, and I'm pretty happy at least 2 of them will be veterans.

6th round comp pick is AWESOME. I was expecting one in round 7, good thing I was wrong :D

I am excited as the Niners have found some good late round talent in the past few years:
Delanie Walker
Josh Morgan
Ricky Jean-Francoise
Curtis Taylor
All great values on players who could have been drafted 1-2 rounds earlier.

Would love to see them look for a defensive lineman late again this year as I love the depth for 3-4 ends. A player like Clifton Geathers, Corey Peters or one of the Alabama DE's would make for a great developmental pick to compete against Francoise and Evans.
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:32 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think I understand what you're trying to say but I don't think it matters in this sense.

Bill Polian is universally regarded as one of the best GM/Player Personel people in NFL History and he wasn't a "football-guy". He started as a scout for the Kansas City Chiefs in 1978.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just saw an article on ESPN about us getting McNabb you have to be an insider to read it though.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:27 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like McNabb but no way in hell would I trade for him. He's too old and trading away a first round draft pick would be a stupid ass move.
dan77733 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:45 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I like McNabb but no way in hell would I trade for him. He's too old and trading away a first round draft pick would be a stupid ass move.
Nobody said anything about a first rounder. It would take less to get him than Kolb.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:36 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
I just saw an article on ESPN about us getting McNabb you have to be an insider to read it though.
Saw that too, seems like pure speculation. The teeny little bit you can read says something like, 'now with McCloughan out, will the 49ers front office make a move for McNabb to replace Smith?'
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:20 AM    (permalink
FG4prez
Rookie

FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.

the mcnabb rumor is mostly based on this kawakami article http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakam...er-mccloughan/
he then makes the jump to saying mcnabb would be the guy if york did push for everything stated by TK.
we all scoff at this, however i'm guessing i would be the least upset if it did happen. i think a change in scenery would do wonders for mcnabb. philly fans have treated him as badly and as irrationally as any fanbase with any qb i can remember. i also saw him against SF either last year or two years ago (i think the latter) and he was flat out awesome.
FG4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

I wouldn't be 100% against McNabb if they were set to try and win it all now. If the Niners were to fill a couple more needs on the line and in the secondary, bringing in a QB with that much experience is a good thing. He hasn't proven to be a Super Bowl winner, but he has definitely been under appreciated by Philly fans his whole career. Bringing in McNugget this season would equal the end of the Alex Smith project and give us a 3 year window to win it all before having to possibly rebuild. It's a risk but if you look at all the factors, it could lead to a ring.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75
Nobody said anything about a first rounder. It would take less to get him than Kolb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am
Saw that too, seems like pure speculation. The teeny little bit you can read says something like, 'now with McCloughan out, will the 49ers front office make a move for McNabb to replace Smith?'
Quote:
Originally Posted by FG4prez
the mcnabb rumor is mostly based on this kawakami article http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakam...er-mccloughan/
he then makes the jump to saying mcnabb would be the guy if york did push for everything stated by TK. we all scoff at this, however i'm guessing i would be the least upset if it did happen. i think a change in scenery would do wonders for mcnabb. philly fans have treated him as badly and as irrationally as any fanbase with any qb i can remember. i also saw him against SF either last year or two years ago (i think the latter) and he was flat out awesome.
Rumors have it that the Eagles wouldnt take anything less than a first rounder for McNabb. Kolb isnt going anywhere period. Vick is the one I see being traded before the Draft or on Draft day itself. Trading a first rounder for McNabb plus giving him a contract extension since he's a UFA after 2010 would be a stupid ass move because we're an 8-8 team, NOT a 13-3 team coming off an OT loss in the NFC Championship game.

And quite honestly, I like McNabb but the one game he'll forever be rembered in wil be the SB loss to NE when he became McChoke. He has the flu but cant suck it up for four hours??? Give me a break. For everyone who bashes T.O., he came back from a broken fibula and put on an MVP type performance but sadly, Andy Reid with his stupid playcalling and McChoke put on a disappointing performance. Make matters worse, McNabb was the $100m dollar man at the time so im sorry if I think he should have sucked it up for four hours.

The ONLY way I would even want McNabb is if T.O. tags along because when you look at their stats, McNabb's BEST season was in 2004 with T.O. and 2004 is in Owens top five seasons.

I will say that Philly fans have treated him badly which makes no sense to me but in the end, I dont think that it would be a good move for us long term. It would only hurt us because in a few years, we'll have the same problem - looking for a franchise QB but with extra money spent and a loss of a possible first rounder.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman
I wouldn't be 100% against McNabb if they were set to try and win it all now. If the Niners were to fill a couple more needs on the line and in the secondary, bringing in a QB with that much experience is a good thing. He hasn't proven to be a Super Bowl winner, but he has definitely been under appreciated by Philly fans his whole career. Bringing in McNugget this season would equal the end of the Alex Smith project and give us a 3 year window to win it all before having to possibly rebuild. It's a risk but if you look at all the factors, it could lead to a ring.
This I dont understand. You would be willing to trade a possible first rounder for McNabb, give him an extension since he's a UFA after 2010 and possibly have to rebuild once he's done and look for another franchise QB but yet at the same time, you have no interest in making an offer to Atogwe or Panthers CB Richard Marshall??? Sorry, but this makes NO SENSE to me whatsoever but then again, thats just me.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
This I dont understand. You would be willing to trade a possible first rounder for McNabb, give him an extension since he's a UFA after 2010 and possibly have to rebuild once he's done and look for another franchise QB but yet at the same time, you have no interest in making an offer to Atogwe or Panthers CB Richard Marshall??? Sorry, but this makes NO SENSE to me whatsoever but then again, thats just me.
I didn't say that I'd trade a 1st Rounder McNabb. I was just looking at the reality of the situation IF he was brought in. I wouldn't want to trade a 1st Rounder for him, but if he could be obtained for less, I believe it would signal "win now" mode for the Niners, with a couple year window to get a Championship.

Where in my comment did I say anything about Atogwe or Marshall?!?! I'm on record in this forum that I'd really like them to go after Atogwe, considering the fact at what he was tendered, his age, our need at S, and his connection to Sing. I'd really like to see him in a Niners uniform next year but it has NOTHING to do with whether or not they bring in McNabb. The whole McNugget convo is a complete hypothetical anyway as it doesn't look like them mild rumors about it have ANY legs.

Old 03-23-2010, 04:40 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am View Post
Yeah I agree, pure speculation. From everything I have read the Eagles want a first rounder for McNabb, and the only team I've heard has interest is the Rams.

York also just came out saying Alex Smith "is our guy." I honestly don't see them signing, picking or trading for anyone who would take his job or even compete for it. This is Alex's year to succeed or fail.
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:50 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
I didn't say that I'd trade a 1st Rounder McNabb. I was just looking at the reality of the situation IF he was brought in. I wouldn't want to trade a 1st Rounder for him, but if he could be obtained for less, I believe it would signal "win now" mode for the Niners, with a couple year window to get a Championship.

Where in my comment did I say anything about Atogwe or Marshall?!?! I'm on record in this forum that I'd really like them to go after Atogwe, considering the fact at what he was tendered, his age, our need at S, and his connection to Sing. I'd really like to see him in a Niners uniform next year but it has NOTHING to do with whether or not they bring in McNabb. The whole McNugget convo is a complete hypothetical anyway as it doesn't look like them mild rumors about it have ANY legs.
You didnt say you would but until now, you didnt say you wouldnt either. It would signal a win now mode for the 49ers but their still a few pieces of the puzzle from being complete and McNabb cant fill those other pieces.

Nowhere but considering you're always bashing the idea of going after Marshall and/or Atogwe every time I bring it up, you dont have to mention it. I would rather have Atogwe instead of Lewis and Marshall instead of drafting a rookie CB with our second round draft pick.

I hope it just rumors because I dont want to see it happen. If QB was the only position we needed in order to be complete and we still had two first rounders, then I would most likely offer a first rounder for McNabb but since thats not the case, I wouldnt.