Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-07-2010, 10:12 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

king2am,
I do understand some what that Florida's offense isn't an original part of the spread it is has to be pretty darn close though except for a few plays and formation set ups . But there are routes reads that are NFL style.If you realize that it is just differently set up in the Florida play book .I bet it takes him about 1 year and 1/2 or less to learn a style or system before he becomes a descent NFL QB .I hope you realize that he had under 20 INT his hole career ?He may not have a strong arm but he place the ball in pockets down the field or in the middle to where it needs to be .Its just a thought. But there are too many haters on this board against him its unreal.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:28 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would love to trade down and get Brown or Best.
binary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:08 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
king2am,
I do understand some what that Florida's offense isn't an original part of the spread it is has to be pretty darn close though except for a few plays and formation set ups . But there are routes reads that are NFL style.If you realize that it is just differently set up in the Florida play book .I bet it takes him about 1 year and 1/2 or less to learn a style or system before he becomes a descent NFL QB .I hope you realize that he had under 20 INT his hole career ?He may not have a strong arm but he place the ball in pockets down the field or in the middle to where it needs to be .Its just a thought. But there are too many haters on this board against him its unreal.
Maybe I wasn't clear in making my point.

Point: Bradford and McCoy played in offenses that highlighted strengths of theirs as quarterbacks. Accuracy. Both had suspect velocity, Bradford has erased most of that after his proday.

Tebow played in an offense that highlighted strengths of his as an ATHLETE.

The accuracy of Bradford and McCoy translate to the NFL. As does the arm strength displayed by Bradford. Tebow isn't even the most athletic quarterback in the draft, and he certainly doesn't translate to the NFL as a running threat for more than a couple yards.

His only Strength isn't related to the position of quarterback at all, and his arm strength and accuracy are both suspect.

I bet you it takes him less than 1 1/2 years to learn the playbook. He's a smart kid. I bet you it takes him much longer to be effective in an NFL offense though.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You have to be fooling yourself if you think that his delivery isn't slow enough to assure his lack of success, NFL DBs are going to pick off so many passes. And, if you believe that he can change his throwing motion: again, you are fooling yourself. Under duress, he's going to revert right back to throwing the way he does.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 01:09 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm starting to despise Tebow and im not talking about the player.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
king2am,
Did you watch the Senior Bowl?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:15 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85
king2am,
Quote:
Did you watch the Senior Bowl?
Homerism is blind like true love. Tebow won the Heisman too early & it went to his head, too much success too soon. Same can be said for Meyer's spread system at Florida. By this yr. teams had it figured out, too many receivers eligible means less blockers -- look what happened to Tebow at Kentucky, blindside sack for a concussion.

He came into this season trailing clouds of glory, left it crying on the bench. Wasnt his last pass in the SEC CG season an INT in the Bama end zone? Then the Senior Bowl where he dicked the dog badly in practices & in the game. So he tries to compensate with the new & improved throwing motion in his Pro Day & scouts still werent impressed. He exacerbated the image with slow 40 time too -- C'mon Tebow fans, even fans have to look through this Tebow forest of fail & see the trees. I think the majority of the NFL scouts have by now.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Fogcity_faithful
Rookie

Fogcity_faithful hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Point out that Byron Leftwich came out with the leader intangibles, and a slow wind-up. Not nearly the athletic specimen that Tebow is but no Qb coach has been able to fix his delivery. Right now all he does is motivate Freeman from the sideline holding his clipboard with his hat on backwards. Tebow is arguably the best college QB of all time, but his strengths do not translate to a pro-style offense. Any team that spends the money on him is not going to run him around and expose him to the shots that a pro defensive player will give him. Especially with his my stuff smells like roses attitude.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:42 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Tebow talk really devalues this board, it's a shame.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:38 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll switch gears, since I opened a can of worms with the Tebow talk, here is Matt Barrows's top ten list of prospects most likely to be holding a red number one jersey next Thursday.
http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...-top-10-d.html
1. Anthony Davis
2. Joe Haden
3. C.J. Spiller
4. Mike Iupati
5. Dan Williams
6. Brandon Graham
7. Earl Thomas
8. Charles Brown
9. Kyle Wilson
10. Rolando McClain

Only real complaint, from me, is how high Mike Iupati. Would rather have Thomas, Williams, or Graham over him.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At 17, if he is their BPA, it wouldnt shock me. I would hope they wouldn't rely on him to play RT because he's an OG, the football kind.

Old 04-12-2010, 12:04 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Off topic -

The Steelers traded WR Santonio Holmes to the Jets for a 4th round draft pick??? Are you ******* kidding me? I know this has nothing to do with us but damn, Jets are going all out. At least, they should be fun to watch in 2010.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:51 AM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Off topic -

The Steelers traded WR Santonio Holmes to the Jets for a 4th round draft pick??? Are you ******* kidding me? I know this has nothing to do with us but damn, Jets are going all out. At least, they should be fun to watch in 2010.
5th round pick lol. Word is Holmes is going to be suspended for 4 games. Still a good deal for the Jets I think. I'm wondering if the Steelers might be looking to pick Dez Bryant. Mike Wallace was pretty good last year though.

Also, heard a rumor that Leon Washington was part of the deal.

Last edited by thediggler3030 : 04-12-2010 at 01:05 AM.
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:57 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

holy ****. ok Jets vs Packers in the bowl write it down

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:02 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Anthony Davis goes #9 to the Bills, I think the Niners could take Bruce Campbell at #17...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:55 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
If Anthony Davis goes #9 to the Bills, I think the Niners could take Bruce Campbell at #17...
Yeah, I don't see that happening. 9ers need a guy that can start right away, not a project like Campbell. I like Campbell, but he doesn't fit the situation the 9ers are in right now.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:54 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post

Only real complaint, from me, is how high Mike Iupati. Would rather have Thomas, Williams, or Graham over him.
Totally agree. And if Morgan is there you gotta take him.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:58 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peter King says Dez Bryant will be in Santa Clara today for a workout. SF been covering all their bases with Dez.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Peter King says Dez Bryant will be in Santa Clara today for a workout. SF been covering all their bases with Dez.
If he falls to 17, you have to at least consider him. He can return kicks/punts. And some feel he's got a higher ceiling than Crabs.

Old 04-12-2010, 05:33 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
If he falls to 17, you have to at least consider him. He can return kicks/punts. And some feel he's got a higher ceiling than Crabs.
Two words come to mind.

Explosive Offense
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

well, I would say overpaid receiving core but, yes, we would have a potentially high-flying passing attack

Old 04-12-2010, 06:43 PM    (permalink
PhysicalwithanF
Rookie

PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am View Post
Two words come to mind.

Explosive Offense

Two more words come to mind: Eugene Parker
PhysicalwithanF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicalwithanF View Post
Two more words come to mind: Eugene Parker
And with those two words, two more: F*CK that!

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Yeah, I don't see that happening. 9ers need a guy that can start right away, not a project like Campbell. I like Campbell, but he doesn't fit the situation the 9ers are in right now.
Would rather have Charles Brown than Campbell
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I don't think that would be a bad pick at 13 or 17 if our OT's are off the board.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote