Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 08-03-2010, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Did the Chiefs make the playoffs with Montana at QB?
Yes, they lost in the first round.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:15 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He'll be gone after 2010 either way but him being injury prone is why I keep Wallace and ten OL on the final 53 player roster.
But why keep Wallace? He's the #3 Center currently and would likely be #4 should Iupati win the starting job over Baas.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:47 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Yes, they lost in the first round.
Was it the same year the 49ers won the SB? Because I remember hoping for a Chiefs / 49ers Super Bowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
But why keep Wallace? He's the #3 Center currently and would likely be #4 should Iupati win the starting job over Baas.
Wallace is third and if Baas doesnt win a starting job at OG, Wallace would be 4th. Here's a question - who's second behind Heitmann?

Anyway, I keep him for a few reasons. First - he has two years left on his rookie contract, second - he's cheap backup depth, third - with Baas being injured in TC the last two seasons, there's no guarantee that he stays fully healthy for the entire season and in case there's injuries at OG, he wont be needed at center which is where Wallace comes in, fourth - compared to others who are overpaid crap, Wallace is at least cheap backup depth and I would much rather keep him over WR Jones, OLB Laboy or ILB Wilhelm for example but thats just me.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
who's second behind Heitmann?
Tony Wragge

Old 08-03-2010, 10:48 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tony Wragge
Considering his age and contract, if I had to guess who they would keep between Wallace and Wragge, I would guess Wallace.

Me personally, I would keep both but thats just me.

On a side note - you should bring back that roster prediction topic. :)
Old 08-04-2010, 03:26 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Baas out looks like Wragge will have to backup both guards.

And the center, or do the rational thing & move Wallace to #2 behind Heitmann, whom I predict will be IR soon like every yr. that I predict Wallace will be the starter, but UDFA veteran local hero/Stanford player Heitmann maintains his battered body in the starting lineup every wk. Is anyone really that ******* indestructible? IDTS
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:09 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
With Baas out looks like Wragge will have to backup both guards.

And the center, or do the rational thing & move Wallace to #2 behind Heitmann, whom I predict will be IR soon like every yr. that I predict Wallace will be the starter, but UDFA veteran local hero/Stanford player Heitmann maintains his battered body in the starting lineup every wk. Is anyone really that ******* indestructible? IDTS
Sims and Synder can also play both guard spots so not that depended on Wragge with Baas down.

Nitpick but Heit was a 7th round pick. But looking at somebody who was undrafted Jeff Saturday has only missed 6 games in his last 9 seasons and he is 5 years older compared to Heit.

But I think the writing is on the wall for Wallace. Just not enough room on the roster to keep a undersized lineman who can only play one position.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe that if the season started today the depth would look like this...

OG - Iupati, Rachal, Baas, Wragge, Snyder, Wallace
C - Heitmann, Wragge, Baas, Wallace

I don't care if Wallace can play both center AND guard if he is a 3rd or 4th stringer at both. Barring injuries, he is as good as cut.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:01 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

I would keep ten OL because as history shows, we always have players injured on the OL every damn year, hell, it never fails.

C - Heitmann, Wallace
OG - Iupati, Rachal, Baas, Wragge
OT - Staley, Davis, Snyder, Sims

It's funny, Wallace can play OG. Baas/Wragge can play C. Snyder/Sims can play OG but yet, we dont have anyone who's a backup that can play OT. LOL.

As for Heitmann and the center position, im hoping that they Jets wont have the cap room to keep C Nick Mangold after this season. I'll be so happy if he becomes an UFA and we go after him (which we better if he's available).
Old 08-04-2010, 10:13 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
I would keep ten OL because as history shows, we always have players injured on the OL every damn year, hell, it never fails.

C - Heitmann, Wallace
OG - Iupati, Rachal, Baas, Wragge
OT - Staley, Davis, Snyder, Sims

It's funny, Wallace can play OG. Baas/Wragge can play C. Snyder/Sims can play OG but yet, we dont have anyone who's a backup that can play OT. LOL.

As for Heitmann and the center position, im hoping that they Jets wont have the cap room to keep C Nick Mangold after this season. I'll be so happy if he becomes an UFA and we go after him (which we better if he's available).
IMO Alex Boone >>>>>>>>>> Cody Wallace
Old 08-04-2010, 10:14 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't think we are gonna keep Wallace.
binary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:48 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

We'll just have to wait and see. After every team cuts down to 75 players, we should all post our final 53 and see who gets the most right. A friendly competition if you will. :)
Old 08-04-2010, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Staley, Iupati, Baas, Heitmann, Rachal, Davis, Wragge, Boone, Snyder.

That is my guess for which o-lineman make the 53 roster.

Old 08-05-2010, 09:41 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Staley, Iupati, Baas, Heitmann, Rachal, Davis, Wragge, Boone, Snyder.

That is my guess for which o-lineman make the 53 roster.
I agree, and if they keep a tenth, my guess it would be Brian de la Puenta before it would be Cody Wallace.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:25 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This seemed relevant:

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...-do-the-o.html

At least the first portion anyway.

Anyone see the 1 on 1 with Peter King on 49ers.com? I can't stand PK, but i'm always down for someone speaking highly of our boys.
Side note - leaving saturday morning for Canton, i'll take as many pics as I can, hopefully some of them are worth sharing
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:27 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Went to the 49ers practice this morning here in Monterey. It was awesome. It was closed to the public but I went with Isaac Sopoaga's family.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Went to the 49ers practice this morning here in Monterey. It was awesome. It was closed to the public but I went with Isaac Sopoaga's family.
pictures?

also, how did you swing that last part?

Old 08-05-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I agree, and if they keep a tenth, my guess it would be Brian de la Puenta before it would be Cody Wallace.
I forgot about him. He did pretty good in 08 during the preseason. It probably doesn't count for anything but honestly thats more than Wallace has done. He's a scrub.

In other roster discussion, i hope Briggs beats out LaBoy for the 4th OLB spot. It would be nice to have a young prospect at OLB.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

well, McKillop tore his ACL, guess that means NaVorro will be getting more time.

Old 08-05-2010, 09:56 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

McKillop tore his ACL and Patella Tendon. OUCH!!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...atella-tendon/

This definitely sucks and I can see Wilhelm now making the final 53. Teams need to stop overworking players and pushing everyone. I ******* hate off-season injuries because it seems like players get injured more in the off-season than they do during the regular season.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Teams need to stop overworking players and pushing everyone. I ******* hate off-season injuries because it seems like players get injured more in the off-season than they do during the regular season.
an ACL tear can occur far easier than you may think. one can tear an ACL simply from planting their foot when running.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:03 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
an ACL tear can occur far easier than you may think. one can tear an ACL simply from planting their foot when running.
Well, that definitely sucks even though I would have been more pissed if it was Willis or Spikes but thankfully, thats not the case and Navorro will take his place and Wilhelm will be our special teamer.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:08 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
pictures?

also, how did you swing that last part?
I grew up with all of them.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:10 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

That injury ******* sucks. I know I've hated on McKillop before but you hate to lose a guy for a season for any reason. But, It's Navorro time.

Old 08-06-2010, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
That injury ******* sucks. I know I've hated on McKillop before but you hate to lose a guy for a season for any reason. But, It's Navorro time.
at the least, McKillop was a good special teamer, sucks to lose him but maybe NaVorro will show some upside.