Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 12-31-2008, 03:04 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Rambling thoughts/ideas heading into the offseason:

OC
With Martz out we got to start again. Not really sure who is out there but we know what Sing is looking for. I would like to get a coordinator that actually has a resume and experience working with QBs. That is why Scott Linehan isn't such a bad idea. But please, for the love God, it better not be Greg Knapp.

Another guy I wouldn't mind is Russ Grimm. Matches up exactly with Singletary's philosophy and vision for this offense. But not sure if he will be looking for a head coaching job after the postseason.

Long shot, for me, would be Broncos QB coach Jeremey Bates. He did a great job working with Jay Cutler. Only problem is he is 33 and not sure if it would be a good idea to pair him up with an inexperienced coach in Singletary.

QB situation
I think Hill has earned the job but looks like the 49ers will explore their options. Looking on the free agent market the only guy I would want to go after is Garcia. I was wanting Cassell early on but I don't want to give up draft picks for him. Slim chance but if the Seahawks cut Hasselbeck SF should push hard for him.

In the draft if Bradford or Stafford slid to down to the 10th pick SF has to take one of those guys. Even with the failure to develop Alex Smith we have seen how valuable the QB position is to this team and I think for the long term health of this franchise they need to get a signal caller.

I do hope Alex Smith stays. He has familiarity with the WRs and he is still only 24 years old. I also hope SF grabs a QB late and tries to develop a long term back-up.

Free Agency
Wouldn't mind making a run at Jordan Gross to improve our tackle situation. Albert Haynesworth is my number one target. He is a monster and he has proven this season he is not a fluke. Also it was frustrating watching Patrick and the other linebackers not being able to fill their gaps fast enough because of the line not being able to command double teams.

For once I think we are set at WR. Looks like there won't be a giant remodeling job down at that spot. I would like to take a flier on the Jags Reggie Williams over Bryant Johnson.

Draft
Too early to tell but go BPA. Here is my early rankings by position:
1. DE/OLB
2. FS
3. QB
4. RT

If SF was going to take a RT I would rather move down in the draft and add a few more picks. I don't believe in giving top 10 money to a RT. Plus look at the success Denver(okay 12th pick but still), Carolina, and Atlanta had landing tackles late in the first round of last years draft.
OC wise, all the coordinators I want arent going anywhere which sucks for us but whoever it turns out to be, im hoping he's at the very least knows what he's doing and has experience.

QB wise, I woudnt go after Hasselbeck because he's 33 years old and has a back injury. If signing Holt doesnt make any sense then neither does signing Hasselbeck. I would keep Smith regardless and have Hill as the starter going into 2009. I wouldnt mind SF going after Cassel if he's a UFA but we would have to get McDaniels to be our OC because otherwise, he'll have to learn a new offense and that wont help us at all. Basically, it would either be them together or nothing. I dont care what QB is in the draft, no way in hell should we draft one at number 10. Not only will that QB want more money than what the slot is worth, it will show that drafting Smith was a failure even though I have to admit that Nolan screwed him up more than not having consistency at OC. Plus, the rookie QB will have to learn the system and who knows how long that would take. Granted, they may be tempted because of the success of Ryan and Flacco but just because they worked out for their respective teams doesnt mean that the same thing will work out for us. I do agree with bringing back Garcia as the veteran backup but no way would I start him over Hill.

FA wise, I wouldnt mind getting Jordan Gross but no way in hell do I want Haynesworth. Trust me, once he cashes in, he'll go back to being a bust. Few DT's have been as good after getting paid as they were in their contract year. Haynesworth had five years where he was a bust and two good years but only because both 2007 and 2008 have been contract years. Sorry, he would be a huge waste of money and cap room. People bash me fr wanting to spend a huge amount of money on several players but at least the players I want have been consistent year in and year out.

My targets remain the same - DE / OLB Terrell Suggs and OLB / ILB Karlos Dansby. Other players im hoping for are RB Darren Sproles and even though he may miss 2009, I wold probably try to get the Bengals RT Stacy Andrews because he'll be cheap since he's coming off an injury and while he may not be 100% for 2009, he will be for 2010.

Draft wise, it all depends on who we sign in FA even though I want Malcolm Jenkins the most because if he somehow falls to the tenth spot, he'll be a steal where as others may be a reach.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
My targets remain the same - DE / OLB Terrell Suggs and OLB / ILB Karlos Dansby. Other players im hoping for are RB Darren Sproles and even though he may miss 2009, I wold probably try to get the Bengals RT Stacy Andrews because he'll be cheap since he's coming off an injury and while he may not be 100% for 2009, he will be for 201
Seriously Dan Suggs and Dansjby won't change anything. Spikes is about as productive as Dansby at that spot. Haralson had as many sacks as Suggs, also Justin Smith had more tackles and one less sack and I bet he had more pressures.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75
Seriously Dan Suggs and Dansjby won't change anything. Spikes is about as productive as Dansby at that spot. Haralson had as many sacks as Suggs, also Justin Smith had more tackles and one less sack and I bet he had more pressures.
Spikes had a good year and did better than expected but who knows how long that's going to last. Dansby (27) can cover, play the run and pass rush and would be an upgrade over Spikes (32).

Haralson had a good year as well while Suggs did have a down year but the difference is that Suggs is consistent while that remains to be seen with Haralson. Besides, if everyone wants a pass rushing OLB in the draft yet dont want Suggs, I honestly dont know why anyone wants a pass rushing OLB in the draft to begin with or vice versa.

Smith did good and im happy we signed him. Either way, our defense should be better in 2009 than it's been the last several years.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will be better because we are running a true hybrid and have the guys to do it. Dansby honestly is very under utilized as a 3-4 inside backer. He is best as a 4-3 SAM imo. Honestly Suggs won't give us anything that we don't already have.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Positions of need from MM:

Quote:
--When asked a closed-ended question about whether he was prepared to address the Alex Smith situation, Singletary said, "No, I'm not."

--Singletary was asked about the team's needs as the 49ers head into the offseason. He said:

Quarterback: He said he is not prepared to name Shaun Hill as the starter because if the 49ers acquired somebody better, that person would end up starting over Hill.
Offensive line: The 49ers need a right tackle, but Singletary said a tackle or guard would be on his wish list.
Pass rusher: Singletary said you can never have enough pass-rushers. They might even look for a couple of them.
Safety: He said the safeties have done a good job, but they'll look for a safety with "some more range."

--On the QB situation, Singletary said it is his priority to get the best 11 players on the field. When asked if it's possible that the 49ers' starting QB in 2009 is not currently on the roster, Singletary answered, "You're right."
Get Mark Roman out of San Francisco.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Positions of need from MM:

Get Mark Roman out of San Francisco.
Mike Mike oh man this off-season will be interesting.
Old 01-01-2009, 02:48 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Mike Mike oh man this off-season will be interesting.
MM = Matt Maiocco

Old 01-01-2009, 02:35 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

I agree with Singletary in regards to wanting a RT, a FS with more range and a pass rushing OLB but not about the QB position.

Seriously, who's going to be a UFA that's worth overpaying? I dont think any QB will be worth going after and I would only go after Cassel if I can bring in McDaniels as the new OC but thats not going to happen.

Draft wise, no way in hell would I draft a QB at number ten. That QB will have the same thing in common with Smith and that's that both of them will be learning a new offensive system.

I'm excited and worried at the same time as to what's going to happen this off-season but I do agree with Menardo that it will be interesting.
Old 01-01-2009, 02:52 PM    (permalink
dhp318
Rookie

dhp318 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Draft wise, no way in hell would I draft a QB at number ten. That QB will have the same thing in common with Smith and that's that both of them will be learning a new offensive system.

I'm excited and worried at the same time as to what's going to happen this off-season but I do agree with Menardo that it will be interesting.
So you're saying that teams should never draft QBs because they'll have to learn everything again from a pro playbook. Stupid.
dhp318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhp318 View Post
So you're saying that teams should never draft QBs because they'll have to learn everything again from a pro playbook. Stupid.
No I would say it because I think we have two guys that I could get it done.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:25 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

just read a thing on espn that has sing saying hill will have to competet w/ another qb. funny...he never mentioned smith, martin or jto. that means he is bringing somebody via free agency. odds are someone older. maybe garcia, collins or batch.
also, he talks about safety, pass rusher and o line help.
i think as a oc he should bring and interview the following guys:
chris peterson - boise st.
mike mccoy - c.panthers
gil haskell - seattle
free agents:
qb- jeff garcia: why not? don't say his age. he can mentor hill and whomever sf decides to bring in for one solid season.
wr - shuan mcdonald : bryant johnson only signed a one yr deal. he would do great here w/ bruce and morgan.
de -terrell suggs : he isn't going to come cheap but he could help push sf line to the top in short time.
s - mike brown : he has had a few injurys but played decent this year. he could come cheap and is better than roman.
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhp318
No, im saying that because we drafted Smith and paid him a lot of money and because he'll only be 25 in May, spending money on another rookie QB and the tenth pick would be a waste on both counts.

We have Hill (who should be the starter) and Smith. We need a veteran backup QB and that's it.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:08 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123
just read a thing on espn that has sing saying hill will have to competet w/ another qb. funny...he never mentioned smith, martin or jto. that means he is bringing somebody via free agency. odds are someone older. maybe garcia, collins or batch.
also, he talks about safety, pass rusher and o line help.
i think as a oc he should bring and interview the following guys:
chris peterson - boise st.
mike mccoy - c.panthers
gil haskell - seattle
free agents:
qb- jeff garcia: why not? don't say his age. he can mentor hill and whomever sf decides to bring in for one solid season.
wr - shuan mcdonald : bryant johnson only signed a one yr deal. he would do great here w/ bruce and morgan.
de -terrell suggs : he isn't going to come cheap but he could help push sf line to the top in short time.
s - mike brown : he has had a few injurys but played decent this year. he could come cheap and is better than roman.
Wouldnt have a problem with Garcia and of course, I want Suggs. Brown hasnt been fully healthy in years and I dont see how he's all of a sudden going to be. Besides, we dont need another injury prone player on our team. McDonald is okay but I would much rather re-sign Johnson who started who play well once Sullivan was benched and Hill was the QB.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:50 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather draft a young FS.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:00 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, im saying that because we drafted Smith and paid him a lot of money and because he'll only be 25 in May, spending money on another rookie QB and the tenth pick would be a waste on both counts.

We have Hill (who should be the starter) and Smith. We need a veteran backup QB and that's it.
I agree with the vet back up QB, but that may not me it.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Going into 2009, we'll be better with Hill as the starting QB. I said it over a year ago when he replaced Smith. He's our best QB and deserves his chance at being a full time starter for 2009 from beginning to end. He's earned it. His comeback win at STL alone should prove that he's starting caliber. We finished 7-9 mainly because of Hill and if he would have been the starter from day one (like I said last summer), we probably would have won the division and be in the playoffs instead of watching them.

But instead, Nolan hired Martz despite management not wanting him and he brought in career third string crapper J.T. O'Sullivan who makes Rattay look like Montana in comparison. And it was all downhill from there until Hill took over.

Nolan is thankfully gone as is Martz which means our two biggest negatives have been eliminated. Nolan screwed up Smith and didnt help him by refusing to bring back Bryant for 2007 who was Smith's number one target back in 2006. Martz isnt in STL anymore or in a dome and he cant have 5, 7 and 9 step drops with no one in the backfield and not expect the QB to get sacked no matter who it is.

I like Singletary but im hoping that he doesnt do anything stupid just because he has some power and control. I agree with him in regards to RT, a pass rushing OLB and a FS who can play coverage but not with the QB situation. Hill went 5-3 in the 8 games he started and passed for 1873 yards, 12 tds and 8 ints. His completion percentage was 63. While you can say that he was horrible in STL for 3 quarters, he definitely made up for it the 4th quarter with 2 touchdown passes, a win but most importantly, showed poise, leadership, made plays and refused to quit and give up.

He completed 70% of his passes or better in three of those 8 games and had another three games where he completed 60% of his passes or better. I dont think that im the only one who thinks that Hill should be the starter going into 2009 and im hoping that Singletary eventually realizes this because if he thinks a drafted rookie (Stafford, Bradford, etc.), a player coming off an injury for the last two seasons (Smith), an old veteran (Garcia) or a FA who's been a bust (Losman, Boller, etc.) is going to come in and play better than Hill, he's sadly mistaken.

I just hope that he realizes this before making a dumb ass move.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:42 PM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been taking a look at some names mentioned for offensive coordinator and beyond the usual (Knapp, Lineman etc.) and the plain silly (Shanahan) there are a couple of guys that really intrigue me.

Tom Rathman - Currently my top alternative name for the job. Huge links to Candlestick, both as a player and as a coach. Definately an authority in the running game, would gel well with what Singletary wants.

Obviously he has a huge drawback in not having any prior experience though a reverse to this is of course that he would most likely stay a couple of seasons if successful. After the Hostler adventure and with Sing. perhaps not being willing to gamble on him he's a long shot. Add to that the fact that Al Davis has top let him go. Still, I hope he gets an interview.

Tom Clements - A really interesting character. From a football perspective he's under McCarthy which means he's got a background in the WCO. Also has a decent pedigree bringing up QBs, has had some success with less well known names as well as being the QB coach to Aaron Rodgers at present.

From a mental point of view he's a clever bloke (got his JD magna cum laude from Notre Dame) and that interests me. A lot was made of Martz's intellect. He does have past experience, 2004 + 2005 with the Bills, though his offense performed poorly overall they were well ranked for rushing.

I hope the pair get some consideration, they're certainly less likely names for the job but they stand off the page as prospects in my opinion.

Last edited by BandwagonPunditry : 01-01-2009 at 09:44 PM. Reason: accidentally posted it halfway through...
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:16 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
that means he is bringing somebody via free agency.
Donovan McNabb ring a bell? Runs a WCO and is a free agent.

Also, to agree with YAY, we need a FS and after that USC game today, I am sold on Taylor Mays. That dude scares the hell out of me. They said he is fastet guy on the USC team during the broadcast.

Old 01-02-2009, 02:01 AM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Donovan McNabb ring a bell? Runs a WCO and is a free agent.

Also, to agree with YAY, we need a FS and after that USC game today, I am sold on Taylor Mays. That dude scares the hell out of me. They said he is fastet guy on the USC team during the broadcast.
i would have no problem seeing Mays in one of your guys' niner uniforrms, but it wouldnt hurt my feelings if we got him either ;) lol

Last edited by Zyro_1014 : 01-02-2009 at 03:23 AM.
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 03:18 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

McNabb has two years left on his contract bud and isnt going anywhere. And honestly, I dont him and sure as hell dont want to pay him.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
McNabb has two years left on his contract bud and isnt going anywhere. And honestly, I dont him and sure as hell dont want to pay him.
I am basing that assumption on the Eagles getting rid of him and Reid. It seemed like it was going to happen this year and just because they made the playoffs doesn't mean they're staying. Also, I remember one of the beat writers mentioning him, I cannot remember who.

Old 01-02-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why are we screwing Hill over again? We all know he should have been starting day one and this upcoming season it feels like we're gonna make the same mistake.

As for Mays, Well I'm not quite sold on him. He has the athletic ability and size but his lack of wrap up ability scares me. Tries to blast people without wrapping up and that's not always gonna fly in the NFL.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:35 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
I am basing that assumption on the Eagles getting rid of him and Reid. It seemed like it was going to happen this year and just because they made the playoffs doesn't mean they're staying. Also, I remember one of the beat writers mentioning him, I cannot remember who.
I dont see that happening. Eagles are a veteran team and letting McNabb leave would be a dumb ass move because Kolb isnt ready yet and Feeley is crap. I would be very surprised if the Eagles release McNabb.

Here's a player I wouldnt mind from Philly - FS Brian Dawkins. The guy is awesome and one of the best safeties in the league and perhaps the best FS. Yeah, I know he's old but he wouldnt be bad for two years as a stopgap.

Thoughts?
Old 01-02-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB
Why are we screwing Hill over again? We all know he should have been starting day one and this upcoming season it feels like we're gonna make the same mistake.
I agree 100%. Why overpay a UFA or draft a rookie when Hill has earned the starting spot for 2009? Plus, we still have Smith who'll only be 25 when the 2009 season starts.

If there's one thing im worried about, its what Singletary is going to do in regards to the QB position.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
THIZZorDIE
Veteran

THIZZorDIE is a cocksman.THIZZorDIE is a cocksman.THIZZorDIE is a cocksman.THIZZorDIE is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
As for Mays, Well I'm not quite sold on him. He has the athletic ability and size but his lack of wrap up ability scares me. Tries to blast people without wrapping up and that's not always gonna fly in the NFL.

I agree, but his talent will easily help him correct that if it even becomes an issue, I wouldn't let that stray me away from selecting him. I'd like to see him demonstrate some ball skills though, how many career INT's does he have? We saw him pass up some INT's for highlight hits against Cal. How about Mays yesterday, blowing up two people with one hit... OMG. Too bad one of them was on SC.

A great player non the less, definitely on the 49ers radar.
THIZZorDIE is offline   Reply With Quote