Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 08-23-2010, 03:30 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfldraftpost View Post
I think Nate Davis needs another full year of sitting on the sidelines, give him plenty of play time this pre-season and see if he improves. That 60 yard pass was a thing of beauty but that was about the only highlight. That run when he was a yard short for the 1st down did make Sing MAD!
Problem is that I'm not sure he's going to get a 3rd year. Given the organisation has seen him for 2 preseasons now and arent really willing to endorse his future is a concern to me. Throwing a beautiful ball is about 10% of what a QB needs to do and i guess we're not sold on the other 90%

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I tend to disagree. I think RJF is employing Manusky's 1-gap penetrating NT style quite well. He may not be the Jay Ratliff-epitomy of that style but, I feel, in his first 3 months at the position, is doing tremendously well.

I'm quite impressed and excited with the 2nd team D-line of...

LDE - Khalif Mitchell
NT - Ricky Jean Francois
RDE - Demetric Evans
I think Ray McDonald would be the 2nd LDE ahead of Mitchell.

It seems like we have a lot of roster battles at OLB and DE this year.

OLB- Do we keep 4 with LaBoy/Briggs or keep both? They've both shown some good things in the preseason games. Bruce Davis has also played well but there's too many players in front of him, he will probably make the PS. On a side note, Haralson has been a total nonfactor. I really hope Brooks takes his job.

DL- Do we keep Mitchell on as the 7th DL or risk losing him on the PS? Maiocco noted that he played both NT and DE so that versatility might help his roster chances.

Not to mention the OL. I don't recall Snyder playing a snap at OT these first 2 games. It looks like he's the backup RG to a strugglnig Rachal. Do both Sims and Boone make it or do we cut one of them and keep Snyder as an OT/OG? Do we keep all 3?

There will definitely be some interesting roster decisions being made over the next few weeks.

There will be some interesting

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 08-23-2010 at 03:47 PM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:40 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerfan
Problem is that I'm not sure he's going to get a 3rd year. Given the organisation has seen him for 2 preseasons now and arent really willing to endorse his future is a concern to me. Throwing a beautiful ball is about 10% of what a QB needs to do and i guess we're not sold on the other 90%
I think the reason why Singletary called Davis out has to do more with keeping Carr happy as the backup despite the fact that he didnt play at all yesterday. Davis is only in his second season and still has two more seasons to go in his rookie contract and I'll be shocked if the team was to let him go before his rookie contract expires.

Not only that but if Smith fails this season, Davis becomes our only option because it sure as hell isnt going to be Carr and even if it was, he would be a one or two year stopgap at best. I'll stand behind what I would do if it was up to me, stay with Smith but if Smith fails in 2010 and is allowed to walk, I go with Davis in 2011 before I even think about using another first round draft pick on yet another rookie QB. As for Carr, ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87

It seems like we have a lot of roster battles at OLB and DE this year.

OLB- Do we keep 4 with LaBoy/Briggs or keep both? They've both shown some good things in the preseason games. Bruce Davis has also played well but there's too many players in front of him, he will probably make the PS. On a side note, Haralson has been a total nonfactor. I really hope Brooks takes his job.

DL- Do we keep Mitchell on as the 7th DL or risk losing him on the PS? Maiocco noted that he played both NT and DE so that versatility might help his roster chances.

Not to mention the OL. I don't recall Snyder playing a snap at OT these first 2 games. It looks like he's the backup RG to a strugglnig Rachal. Do both Sims and Boone make it or do we cut one of them and keep Snyder as an OT/OG? Do we keep all 3?

There will definitely be some interesting roster decisions being made over the next few weeks.

There will be some interesting
OLB - How is Brooks going to start over Haralson if he's still out with a lacerated kidney? However, I do agree though as I would rather see Lawson and Brooks as the starters. Is there any chance that Laboy/Briggs/Davis can play inside because if so, I would rather keep any one of them over Wilhelm.

DL - With Balmer long gone, I can see Mitchell making the roster as the 3rd NT and 4th/5th DE unless we pick up a veteran or a player who gets released during final cuts.

OL - Am I the only one who would start Baas/Snyder over Rachal at this point in time? Watching him yesterday, he's not good at all. Iupati plays better than he does and he's a rookie which is kind of sad. And here's a wild thought I had earlier today, trading Rachal and a draft pick to NE for Logan Mankins. Sure, Mankins plays LG but im sure he can play RG if necessary. Imagine that OL - Staley, Iupati, Baas/Heitmann, Mankins and Davis. I wouldnt even mention this but with the Patriots trading for an OL yesterday from the Falcons and that it looks like the Jets are about to extend Mangold, I would at the very least inquire about Mankins and see how much he's asking for. With Rachal average at best and Baas a UFA in 2011, I think that trading and extending Mankins would be money well spent especially since I think the team will let Lawson and Goldson walk as UFA's in 2011.

What do you guys think?
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:57 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
OLB - How is Brooks going to start over Haralson if he's still out with a lacerated kidney?
I meant when he gets healthy.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:15 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
McDonald only sees the field (at least thus far in preseason) as a DT in 4 man fronts with the 1st team. He only plays in obvious passing situations. So his ranking on the depth chart as the #3 DE is a bit deceiving.

Quote:
If Brooks isn't healthy enough to start the season it may be a moot point. But if both LaBoy and Briggs continue to play the way they have, I think they should keep both. You can never have too many pass rushers. Especially if the team continues to utilize its "Sacks by Committee" approach.

Quote:
At this point I don't think that Mitchell is the #7 option. He may well have played himself onto the 2nd team. Regardless, with as many teams trying to implement the 3-4 with varying success, I don't think Mitchell would clear waivers to be on the PS. In my opinion, he should make the final-53.

Quote:
You're correct, Barry Sims is now the #2 RT and Snyder has only taken snaps at RG. I'd love for the team to keep all 3 but if the numbers are crunched, I expect one of the final cuts to be between Sims and Boone.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In my opinion, this is how the final roster is looking...

Bolded are the positions I feel that are filled with my list

QB – Alex Smith | David Carr | Nate Davis (3)
RB – Frank Gore | Brian Westbrook | Anthony Dixon (3)
FB – Moran Norris |
WR – Michael Crabtree | Josh Morgan | Ted Ginn | Kyle Williams | Dominique Zeigler |
TE – Vernon Davis | Delanie Walker | Nate Byham (3)
LT – Joe Staley |
LG – Mike Iupati | Tony Wragge (2)
C – Eric Heitmann | David Baas (2)
RG – Chilo Rachal | Adam Snyder (2)

RT – Anthony Davis |

DE – Justin Smith | Aubrayo Franklin | Ray McDonald | Demetric Evans |
NT – Aubrayo Franklin | Ricky Jean Francois (2)

OLB – Manny Lawson | Parys Haralson | Ahmad Brooks |
ILB – Patrick Willis | Takeo Spikes | Matt Wilhelm | NaVorro Bowman (4)

CB – Nate Clements | Shawntae Spencer | Tarell Brown | Karl Paymah

S – Dashon Goldson | Michael Lewis | Reggie Smith | Taylor Mays |

K – Joe Nedney (1)
P – Andy Lee (1)
LS - Brian Jennings (1)
ST – Michael Robinson (1)

That's 48/53

These are the 10 players I believe will be battling for the 5 remaining spots. Special Teams value is always a major part of the final selection process.

1. Khalif Mitchell - DE/NT
2. Alex Boone - LT/RT
3. Barry Sims -LT/RT
4. Diyral Briggs - OLB
5. Travis LaBoy - OLB
6. Phillip Adams - CB
7. Jason Hill - WR
8. Curtis Taylor -S
9. Brit Miller - FB
10. Jehuu Caulcrick - FB

If it were up to me (AS OF TODAY) I'd keep the players in red. Still two games to change/influence my opinion.

Last edited by phlysac : 08-23-2010 at 09:46 PM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:45 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1. Khalif Mitchell - DE/NT
2. Alex Boone - LT/RT
3. Barry Sims -LT/RT
4. Diyral Briggs - OLB
5. Travis LaBoy - OLB
6. Phillip Adams - CB
7. Jason Hill - WR
8. Curtis Taylor -S
9. Brit Miller - FB
10. Jehuu Caulcrick - FB
I think Mitchell ends up on the P-squad if they keep 5 OLBs.

Also, I believe they'll keep Taylor on the 53 because of what he offers on ST and they probably dont want to lose him with the potential for both our starting safeties to be off the team in 2011

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:30 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How secure is Evans' spot on this team? I mean, he hasn't looked all that impressive this offseason while Mitchell has plus Mitchell can play NT as well as DE.

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 08-24-2010 at 08:36 PM.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I think Mitchell ends up on the P-squad if they keep 5 OLBs.

Also, I believe they'll keep Taylor on the 53 because of what he offers on ST and they probably dont want to lose him with the potential for both our starting safeties to be off the team in 2011
I don't see ANY way that Khalif Mitchell clears waivers to be placed on the PS.

Who would Taylor make the roster over?
Old 08-24-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
How secure is Evans' spot on this team? I mean, he hasn't looked all that impressive this offseason while Mitchell has plus Mitchell can play NT as well as DE.
I'd rather Mitchell be kept, as well. But I think the team would rather keep Evans.

We'll see.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Nate Davis stayed late after practice today with a small group. A step in the right direction I suppose. Hopefully Davis get a decent grasp of the offense, really buckles down and tries to learn the nuances of the playbook. It would be a shame to lose a guy with so much potential.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:05 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Apparently Nate Davis stayed late after practice today with a small group. A step in the right direction I suppose. Hopefully Davis get a decent grasp of the offense, really buckles down and tries to learn the nuances of the playbook. It would be a shame to lose a guy with so much potential.
Ya. For some reason I have a hard time caring about Nate Davis. I've seen him quite a few times in practice and he stinks right now in all honesty. He's definitely not close to being the 2nd best QB on the roster either. There has been so many freaking QBs that come into this league with great physical talent and don't make it, so I'm not going to sit here and hold by breath over this guy.
binary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:04 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't see ANY way that Khalif Mitchell clears waivers to be placed on the PS.

Who would Taylor make the roster over?
Mitchell and Taylor could both be on the team. If you wanted to keep LaBoy, you could put Brit Miller on the P-squad again and keep Norris as the only FB.

QB - Alex Smith, David Carr, Nate Davis (3)
RB - Frank Gore, Anthony Dixon, Michael Robinson (6)
FB - Morran Norris, Brit Miller
WR - Michael Crabtree, Josh Morgan, Ted Ginn, Dominique Zeigler, Kyle Williams (13)
TE - Vernon Davis, Delanie Walker, Nate Byham (16)
OT - Joe Staley, Anthony Davis, Adam Snyder, Alex Boone (20)
OG - Chilo Rachal, Mike Iupati, Tony Wragge (23)
C - Eric Heitmann, David Baas (25)

DE - Justin Smith, Issac Sopoaga, Ray McDonald, Demetric Evans, Khalif Mitchell (30)
NT - Aubrayo Franklin, Ricky Jean Francois (32)
OLB - Parys Haralson, Manny Lawson, Ahmad Brooks, Diyral Briggs (36)
ILB - Patrick Willis, Takeo Spikes, NaVorro Bowman, Matt Wilhelm (40)
CB - Nate Clements, Shawntae Spencer, Tarell Brown, Karl Paymah, Phillip Adams (45)
S - Dashon Goldson, Michael Lewis, Taylor Mays, Reggie Smith, Curtis Taylor (50)

ST - Andy Lee, Joe Nedney, Brian Jennings (53)

Old 08-25-2010, 07:03 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mitchell and Taylor could both be on the team. If you wanted to keep LaBoy, you could put Brit Miller on the P-squad again and keep Norris as the only FB.

WR - Michael Crabtree, Josh Morgan, Ted Ginn, Dominique Zeigler, Kyle Williams (13)

DE - Justin Smith, Issac Sopoaga, Ray McDonald, Demetric Evans, Khalif Mitchell (30)
CB - Nate Clements, Shawntae Spencer, Tarell Brown, Karl Paymah, Phillip Adams (45)
S - Dashon Goldson, Michael Lewis, Taylor Mays, Reggie Smith, Curtis Taylor (50)

I'm very lukewarm about keeping 2 FBs.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:16 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it just me or do the 49ers have the most young and talented offensive line in the NFL?

Ontop of that they have some of the best 3/4 pass rushers in the league as well, I was saying on a different thread that they have arguably six outside linebackers that could start for the Patriots right now.

Really fine looking roster and I love what coach Singletary is doing with that team!
Old 08-25-2010, 09:21 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The offensive line is definitely young and talented, all five starters are under 28 and were drafted in the top 40, but that doesn't mean it is good. Staley is proven, Baas is looking good at center, and Iupati looks fantastic for a rookie but the right side still is struggling.

And the 49ers utilize pass rush by committee in that they don't have one dominant pass rushing OLB but they have a bunch of good ones; Manny Lawson, Parys Haralson, Ahmad Brooks, and now Travis LaBoy and Diyral Briggs are looking great as well. I guess even Brandon Long and Bruce Davis have looked pretty good this preseason.

The 49ers are definitely on the upswing and are definitely talented. Thanks for noticing
Old 08-25-2010, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I could see this roster happening, with Brit Miller being replaced by Westbrook on the final roster.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
abaddon41_80 The offensive line is definitely young and talented, all five starters are under 28 and were drafted in the top 40, but that doesn't mean it is good. Staley is proven, Baas is looking good at center, and Iupati looks fantastic for a rookie but the right side still is struggling.
Right side is struggling? I think Anthony Davis will figure it how, doubt he will struggle in the lifetime of his career. Much less you have freaking Rachal at guard who should take over Synder if he plays up to his potential, C. Patrick behind him as well. Then have Alex Boone as your backup tackle, few teams have that talented of a backup. Heck even at center you have backups with Heitmann and C. Wallace. Seriously the depth and young talent on that line is sick.

Check out the Vikings two deep offensive line, behind the starters it is rough! Even some of the starters are questionable much less having young talent as starters and backups.

I cannot think of an offensive line with more youth and talent in the NFL I say again.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
I could see this roster happening, with Brit Miller being replaced by Westbrook on the final roster.
Crap, I forgot about him.

Man, it's weird to think that he's a Niner.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:15 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
Right side is struggling? I think Anthony Davis will figure it how, doubt he will struggle in the lifetime of his career. Much less you have freaking Rachal at guard who should take over Synder if he plays up to his potential, C. Patrick behind him as well. Then have Alex Boone as your backup tackle, few teams have that talented of a backup. Heck even at center you have backups with Heitmann and C. Wallace. Seriously the depth and young talent on that line is sick.

Check out the Vikings two deep offensive line, behind the starters it is rough! Even some of the starters are questionable much less having young talent as starters and backups.

I cannot think of an offensive line with more youth and talent in the NFL I say again.
Don't get me wrong, I think/hope Davis does well this year but I am not gonna assume he is going to be good no matter what and Rachal has not been impressive at all since he was drafted and many 49er fans think there is a chance he could get benched in favor of Snyder/Wragge. But if they all play up to their potential then, yes, it is an amazing offensive line.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:26 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The pass rush is happening, the OL is starting to get it together, but the downside is that Singletary is disappointed in the 1st team running game vs one of the better run defenses in the Vikes last weekend & hints that he wants Gore to get some live game conditions time vs the Raiders:

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports-he...nclick_check=1
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:40 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

Rachal is a joke.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Rachal has been playing that poorly for you guys? I really liked him out of USC, but I guess maybe same with Lutui on Arizona, guess they just get overhyped and are not quick or strong enough to dominate like they did in college.

Strange because I liked they both a lot as guards in college.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:28 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

When Heitmann comes back from injury, i hope we would toy with moving Heitmann or Baas to RG if Rachal continues to suck. No reason for him to be this bad now.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:41 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

My preference of Final-53 is what you have Brent, sans Miller for Westbrook.

I'm just not sure the "brass" will let LaBoy and Sims walk, especially if they continue to play the way they have thus far.