Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 01-08-2009, 02:27 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
Rathman's interviewed for and allegedly agreed to take on the position of RB coach. Great Hire. :D

http://49ers.com/blog49/?p=394
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...k-in-san-fran/

Bring on Frank '09.
That made my day too great hire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no love View Post
Little bit late on the Free safety debate, but what do you guys think of bringing in a vet free agent FS like Brian Dawkins or Darren Sharper. Sure these guys are both on the downside of their careers, but it seems that this staff seems to really value having a heady vet at the FS position to make sure everyone is in the right position. Both guys would be a huge upgrade over our current FS situation and both guys would come on the cheap (B Dawk only made $2 million base salary last year).

This solution would also enable us to buy some more time to develop our own home grown talent to move into the FS position. I am thinking guys like Reggie Smith or Goldson.

Not so much that I am against the idea of drafting a Taylor Mays, but I would much rather draft an elite RT and be set at the tackle position.
No reason to bring in a stop gap player. The only way these guys are going to get better is by playing them. Reggie Smith or Tarrell Brown will be Walt's successor. Fs needs to be adressed in the draft.

Last edited by Menardo75 : 01-08-2009 at 02:29 AM.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:29 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Little bit late on the Free safety debate, but what do you guys think of bringing in a vet free agent FS like Brian Dawkins or Darren Sharper. Sure these guys are both on the downside of their careers, but it seems that this staff seems to really value having a heady vet at the FS position to make sure everyone is in the right position. Both guys would be a huge upgrade over our current FS situation and both guys would come on the cheap (B Dawk only made $2 million base salary last year).

This solution would also enable us to buy some more time to develop our own home grown talent to move into the FS position. I am thinking guys like Reggie Smith or Goldson.

Not so much that I am against the idea of drafting a Taylor Mays, but I would much rather draft an elite RT and be set at the tackle position.
If we're going to bring in a vet, it should be Atogwe who still has plenty of games left in him. I'm a huge Dawkins fan, but there's no reason to bring him in on his last legs.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:11 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

75 TCKLS 3 SCKS 1 INT 6 FF is pretty good for a guy on his last legs...

Seriously, I love Dawkins as well, but would rather stay young/younger at most positions with the core of players we have right now.

Dawkins is 35, but he seems to me to be the type of player that could have 2 to 3 more productive years in him, if he wants to that is.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dawkins is an awesome FS, but he's not a good fit for the Niners. They need someone to add to the young core who can grow with them. If the Niners were "one guy away" on the verge of a championship, then Dawkins would have to be considered, but as we know, that's not the current state of the team.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:29 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

I guess I just value the presence of veterans on the team. Most likely Spikes is going to leave, I think Dawkins would fill that outspoken leader position very nicely. That is if we do go for youth at ILB next to Willis.

I am not sold on Mays at the #10 spot and would much rather use that pick on a passrusher or RT. But I am always more interested in a front 7 guy as far as high draft picks.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:59 PM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Most likely Spikes is going to leave,
Why do you say that?
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:11 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I guess I just value the presence of veterans on the team. Most likely Spikes is going to leave, I think Dawkins would fill that outspoken leader position very nicely. That is if we do go for youth at ILB next to Willis.

I am not sold on Mays at the #10 spot and would much rather use that pick on a passrusher or RT. But I am always more interested in a front 7 guy as far as high draft picks.
First, I'm curious why you think Spikes will leave. I don't see why he would. We were the ones who brought him in off his couch, and he had a very productive year for us. So that right there is your veteran leadership that you speak of.

But to take it further.... Justin Smith and Nate Clements would be guys I would look to on the defense, not to mention that Patrick Willis is obviously the cornerstone and would do well with an expanded leadership role.

But, lets pretend Spikes is the vet leader you speak of, and he leaves. Why would we bring in Dawkins, just so we can have him for a few years, and then he leaves as well. We are in a position to build our team through the draft and get a nice core of players. I like Dawkins, but if you have him on one hand, and Mays on the other, I take Mays.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott Linehan is going to be interviewed tomorrow, along with the Browns offensive cordinator Saturday.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
the Browns offensive cordinator Saturday.
Zero offensive TDs in the Browns' final 5 games. Just a side note.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:04 AM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am View Post
But, lets pretend Spikes is the vet leader you speak of, and he leaves. Why would we bring in Dawkins, just so we can have him for a few years, and then he leaves as well. We are in a position to build our team through the draft and get a nice core of players. I like Dawkins, but if you have him on one hand, and Mays on the other, I take Mays.
True and I agree that we are in a position to build our team through the draft, but we would still be building through the draft but just in a different direction.

Also it wouldn't be a Mays for Dawkins type situation. It would be a Oher+Dawkins deal. I personally like Dawkins+Oher better because we are trying to develop an offensive identity and I value OT's more than safties.

And if you are totally against getting Dawkins period... getting an OT will still allow us to get a good FS in round two (Chung, Johnson) who may not be freaks like Mays, but are darn good safties. And to be frank, Chung has actually made ALOT of plays for the Oregon secondary and definitely has the ball skills to get int's at the next level. Mays has not really demonstrated this inspite of his godly athletic abilities.

If we could somehow come away with Oher, Dawkins/rookie safety and Suggs, it would be my dream offseason.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And to be frank, Chung has actually made ALOT of plays for the Oregon secondary and definitely has the ball skills to get int's at the next level. Mays has not really demonstrated this inspite of his godly athletic abilities.
Patrick Chung is a SS. We desperately need a ballhawking, all-over-the-field FS.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Zero offensive TDs in the Browns' final 5 games. Just a side note.
Ken Dorsey Bruce Gradkowski
Old 01-09-2009, 01:03 AM    (permalink
will99890
Rookie

will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Patrick Chung is a SS. We desperately need a ballhawking, all-over-the-field FS.
Definitely so we can finally put the Mike Rumph and Mark Roman years behind us. I don't care if we go safety anywhere in the first 3 rounds or in FA but that is at least our second biggest need.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:28 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

Quote:
If we could somehow come away with Oher, Dawkins/rookie safety and Suggs, it would be my dream offseason.
I would also love an offseason that would brig in Oher, a safety, and Suggs. But I wouldn't want Dawkins. As good as he is, we'd be addressing this same issue in just a few years.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:17 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So we're interviewing the Colts WR coach Clyde Christienson according to Maiocco (link below). Never even heard of this guy. He has worked with some great receivers but obviously thats more Mannings doing. Still, nice to see theyre checking all bases unlike last year when we hired Martz almost immediately after the season.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...or-oc-job.html
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:33 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think of this 4 round mock? Assuming we dont sign a big-name FA.

Round 1- Malcolm Jenkins, FS
Round 2- Ron Brace, NT
Round 3- Feneki Tupou, RT
Round 4- Phillip Hunt, DE/OLB
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:05 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like this mock a lot

http://walterfootball.com/draft2009.php

but I don't agree with Manny Lawson being called a bust. Just because he isn't a pass-rushing OLB it doesn't mean he's a bust. He is great in coverage and great against the run.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:06 PM    (permalink
alexschnarr
Rookie

alexschnarr hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm not sure why you are Drafting Jenkins as a free safety?

Sig by Mockalicious
alexschnarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I like this mock a lot

http://walterfootball.com/draft2009.php

but I don't agree with Manny Lawson being called a bust. Just because he isn't a pass-rushing OLB it doesn't mean he's a bust. He is great in coverage and great against the run.
That site is a joke if it says Manny is a bust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexschnarr View Post
I'm not sure why you are Drafting Jenkins as a free safety?
If we draft him it should be as a corner.

Last edited by Menardo75 : 01-09-2009 at 03:42 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:50 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just typed this article up, hope you guys like it

It might only be January but with 49er football over it is never too early to discuss the draft and who we think the 49ers should be looking at. In this article I will be going into depth on the 49er's needs in the draft and what players I have my eye on at each of those positions. Remember, this is all in my opinion but I think most 49er fans share that opinion

#1 Need: Pass Rusher - In the past three seasons the 49ers have averaged under 2 sacks a game (95 total sacks in 48 games). When you take into account that at least 1/4 of those have been coverage sacks that is just sad. Signing Justin Smith as a free agent before last season helped a little bit but he is more of the relentess power guy that will eventually get to the QB if the secondary covers long enough. San Francisco needs someone who can come off of the edge quickly and force the QB to step up into Smith or, even better, force a bad pass. No secondary can cover, let alone forced turnovers, when opposing quarterbacks have 8-10 seconds to throw the ball.

My Favorite Pass Rushing Prospects:
1. Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas, Current Projected Range: Early 1st - Orakpo, or O-sack-po as he is called, has everything you look for; he has the size, speed, athleticism, and production against top competition to be a top 5 pick and the only knock on him is his durability. He can play the run as well as the top defensive ends in the country. Whether the 49ers are going to play a 3-4 or 4-3, Orakpo will fit in and be immediately productive.

2. Clint Sintim, OLB, Virginia, Current Projected Range: Mid-Late 1st - If the 49ers are planning on playing a pure 3-4 defense than they should definitely trade down in the first round and get Sintim, providing he doesn't rise up draft boards like I think he will. He is a 4 year starter as a 3-4 OLB that has improved his production every year. Not as strong against the run as you would hope but his pass rushing ability is second to none in this draft class.

3. Larry English, DE, Northern Illinois, Current Projected Range: 3rd round - A lot of experts think that English is just a pure speed rusher that runs by less athletic tackles but they would be wrong. English has the most diversified set of pass rushing moves in this class. He is great against the run as well, always making plays in the backfield

#2 Need: Right Tackle - People may look at the 55 sacks the 49ers gave up this year and think that the entire offensive line sucks but it isn't true. Most of the sacks were allowed by Jonas Jennings, Adam Snyder, and Barry Sims and a lot of the ones that weren't were their fault when they got beat and forced the quarterback to run left. Sure O'Sullivan had a lot to do with the sacks but terrible right tackle play deserves a lot of the blame. The right side of the offensive line also couldn't open any holes for Frank Gore and usually allowed one or more defenders into the backfield on runs.

My Favorite Right Tackle Prospects:
1. Andre Smith, OT, Alabama, Current Projected Range: Top 5 pick - Sure there is pretty much no way that Smith falls to the 49ers but that doesn't mean I can't think he is the best tackle prospect in a decade. Weighing in at almost 350 pounds he moves like a big tight end and has great technique. Once Smith locks onto a defender, any defender, it's over. I have seen him run over 3 players when pulling with the running back running full speed right behind him.

2. Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma, Current Projected Range: 3rd round - Before the National Championship game I was really high on the other Oklahoma offensive tackle, Phil Loadholt, but he got beaten a lot by Florida's speed. Williams, on the other hand, was excellent in pass protection and most of the Sooners big runs came behind him.

3. Fenuki Tupou, OT, Oregon, Current Projected Range: 3rd round - Tupuo has slipped a little for getting into trouble for contacting an agent and if he is available in round 3 that is great value as his play and measurables should get him drafted in the mid-2nd at worst. He is a prototypical power run-blocking right tackle and arguably the best run blocking tackle in this year's class other than Andre Smith

#3 Need: Ball Hawking Free Safety - Mark Roman is pretty much the most terrible player in the history of the NFL at any position. Okay, so maybe that is a bit overboard but still. Michael Lewis is not very good in coverage and is best when playing near the line of scrimmage so the 49ers need someone with the range to cover deep and make plays and Roman just isn't it. Roman can't do that and he can't cover one-on-one.

My Favorite Free Safety Prospects:
1. Rashad Johnson, S, Alabama, Current Projected Range: Early 2nd - In the past two seasons Johnson has knocked down 19 passes and intercepted 11 more. To go along with those great numbers he is tall (6'1'') and runs a 40 yard dash in the low 4.4s. There is a very good chance that he will shoot up draft boards as we get closer to the draft.

2. Williams Moore, S, Mizzou, Current Projected Range: 1st round - Moore has really hurt his draft stock this year after coming into the year as the top rated free safety in the class. His size is great and he plays the run very well but he doesn't wrap-up sometimes and I have seen him take unnecessary risks to try and get interceptions. Even with his flaws his size and speed would be great to have in the 49ers defensive backfield

3. Joe Burnett, S/CB/KR/PR, Central Florida, Current Projected Range: 5th-6th round - Most sites will have Burnett listed as a cornerback and that is what he plays but I think with his acceleration and ball skills he could make a great free safety. He doesn't have great size and strength but he could be the perfect compliment to the heaving hitting Lewis. His versatility also is important.

Having said all of that, my 49ers draft right now would be

Round 1, Pick 10 - William Moore, S, Mizzou (Starting free safety next year)
Round 2, Pick 10 - Clint Sintim, OLB, Virginia (Pass rusher that will give our secondary some help)
Round 3, Pick 10 - Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma (Starting right tackle next year)
Round 4, Pick 10 - Louis Vasquez, OG, Texas Tech (Back-up guard with starting potential)
Round 5, Pick 10 - Joe Burnett, S/CB/KR/PR (Replacement for Rossum, secondary depth)
Round 6, Pick 10 - Ian Johnson, RB, Boise State (Good runner, blocker, receiver; spells Gore)
Round 7, Pick 10 - Ronnie Palmer, ILB, Arizona (Special teamer, possible starter down the road)
Old 01-09-2009, 06:26 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mock Draft 1-3

1 - William Moore, Mizzou - I think after the combine and senior bowl he's gonna put to rest all this Taylor Mays nonsense.

2 - Phil Loadholdt - Stock may drop a little to poor times at the combine. It doesn't change the fact that he's a mauler and that's exactly what we need to sure up the offensive line.

3 - Larry English - It's no secret that we need a spark in the pass rushing department. Larry English could provide that spark. He's very athletic with good size to be a 3-4 OLB. Now the problem will be which person will he replace. Parys Haralson is coming off a good season and Manny Lawson is.. Manny Lawson.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:33 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

sf has decent pieces everywhere, however it is time to let go a few guys on the secondary.
rds 1-5
1. malcom jenkins - playing alongside clements would provide great coverage and end to finding another corner
2. max unger - can play all 3 spots on the o-line.
3. larry english - very quick pass rusher and can spell smith.
4. curtis taylor - not the fastest safety but solid player.
5. jeff owens - i feel he can be a "shuan rogers" type pick. rogers was hurt when he was drafted and has had a decent career. owens could be that guy as well.
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

At this point Mays is better than Moore, imo he always will be.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
damn right he is.
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:27 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
As an unbiased observer I don't think so. But then again that is just my opinion.