Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 12-31-2010, 11:38 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
Can we just draft Jake Locker now and get the off season started lol
Holy crap!!! I actually agree with a Tebow fan??? What's next, me agreeing with Menardo and Ness???? LMAO.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:23 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hm well I'm not too familiar with Brian Billick .But at least its an Offense person this time around.What does that do for our play book calling wise,will it open more down field plays or quick routes for WR ?Do we still look ahead at the draft and look and get Locker ( only worthy QB besides Luck ) or totally skip the first two rounds and go with a later QB like Stanzi to where we don't have to spend so much money on the kid and just let him develop in 2nd string behind a veteran QB next season.However, I still want them to really hard scout Locker at the senior bowl and possible have him at in our top 5 guys in BPA being number 1 or 2 spot behind a CB or S position .Maybe even a new DE in the mix also.What do you guys think ?
Old 01-01-2011, 04:27 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Can Billick really get blamed for not getting a QB though? Maybe it wasnt up to him. You dont really know. And they did draft Boller in the first round in 2003. He just didnt work out. McNair (R.I.P.) was good, just a shame he was old and injury prone.

I agree with the Ravens West facade but there's a difference. Billick is at least an offensive based head coach but it says that he's a branch of the Bill Walsh tree. I'm going to assume that was when he was at Stanford? Is that correct or am I way off?

And I didnt even know that Singletary was the LB coach at BAL for two seasons before coming over with Nolan. But at least on the bright side, Billick has HC experience and knowledge plus he's offensive based and a HUGE upgrade over Singletary, Nolan and Erickson.

With all that said, where the **** is Jon Gruden in any of these rumors? I cant believe that Jed is this ******* stupid. Actually, now that im thinking about it, I CAN believe it.
Yes Billick can be blamed. He was the head coach. Period. Using that logic you can forgive Singletary for not getting the job done. Billick definitely has the knowledge, but it doesn't mean he necessarily has the "eye" for talented quarterbacks. I want someone that is going to get us an All-Pro quarterback. Whether it's a no-name coach, or some coach with a huge pedigree. This is what I want. One simple thing. We have a quarterback on our team, we're NFC west champions. Instantly.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:41 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Yes Billick can be blamed. He was the head coach. Period. Using that logic you can forgive Singletary for not getting the job done. Billick definitely has the knowledge, but it doesn't mean he necessarily has the "eye" for talented quarterbacks. I want someone that is going to get us an All-Pro quarterback. Whether it's a no-name coach, or some coach with a huge pedigree. This is what I want. One simple thing. We have a quarterback on our team, we're NFC west champions. Instantly.
the GM is the one who gets the quarterback
Old 01-01-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
the GM is the one who gets the quarterback
He's the one that selects the head coach. And the GM may be the triggerman when it comes to the draft, but obviously the head coach is going to have some insight on the player he'll be coaching.

Quote:
Old 01-01-2011, 07:17 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Huge difference between Billick and Singletary. Billick didnt have control or power like Singletary did this year and Singletary chose wrong three times. He chose Aex over Shaun Hill. He chose Carr over Hill and he chose Troy over Nate.

Billick didnt have power because if he did, im sure he would have drafted or signed a QB. Of course, when you look at the draft, he wasnt going to go after Eli, Philip or Ben in 2004 after drafting Boller in 2003 and he didnt have a first rounder in 2004 anyway so it doesnt even matter. 2005 had Alex, Rodgers and Campbell. Rodgers is the best one by far with Alex and Jason second and third. 2006 had Young, Leinart and Cutler. Cutler is easily the best one by far but Billick got Ngata so you cant really blame anyone in BAL for tht decision. In 2007, it was Russell who is gone and Quinn who's a backup in DEN if I remember correctly.

So, when you think about it, out of eight QB's between 2005 and 2007, only two have become good to great so its obvious that the percentages of success isnt exactly there. Plus, its Newsome who's been in charge since 2002, not Billick so at worst, Billick is 50/50 to blame. And always remember, the GM is always going to do what he wants to do regardless of what the coach wants. Not every GM/HC works together. More times than not, both look to go for a "power play" with one succeeding and one failing.

I understand you wanting a HC who wants to get a QB but there's one small problem with that. Its not going to be up to the HC or even the GM. If Baalke becomes the official GM, its all Jed York so if anyone is to blame regardless of who our next HC turns out to be, its Jed York.

And just because we have a QB on our team, we dont instantly become division champions because there's so much bullcrap behind the scenes year after year that its going to take a lot more than that. Plus, the QB isnt going to be awesome from the start unless we luck out like the Rams did but thats not going to happen.

Bottom line is that I prefer Billick over any of those coordinators that were posted on the last page. Of course, im still baffled as to why Gruden hasnt been at least mentioned. It doesnt make any sense but then again, im not really surprised that what Jed does doesnt make any sense to begin with.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:50 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Of course, im still baffled as to why Gruden hasnt been at least mentioned. It doesnt make any sense but then again, im not really surprised that what Jed does doesnt make any sense to begin with.
Maiocco had a good write up on the coaching candidates today and I never realized that Gruden was below .500 the last 5 years with the Bucs.

Quote:
But in his final five seasons in Tampa, Gruden's teams went 45-51 with an 0-2 record in the playoffs.
Also, think it was Peter King, who brought up you would have to pay a ton not just for Gruden but also the front office person he would like to bring along. Heard Bruce Allen name brought up a few times if the Skins let him go.
"When I'm on the field, my one thought is to completely annihilate you and do everything in my power to make you fail. I don't have a single thought about what my hair looks like, what my shoes look like, why my shirt's unbuttoned. I don't care who you are or what you've done in this game. - Brian Wilson
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 10:31 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Maiocco had a good write up on the coaching candidates today and I never realized that Gruden was below .500 the last 5 years with the Bucs.

Also, think it was Peter King, who brought up you would have to pay a ton not just for Gruden but also the front office person he would like to bring along. Heard Bruce Allen name brought up a few times if the Skins let him go.
Do you have a link to that article because I would like to read it? Thanks. Thats not even a fair comparison for Gruden who was two games over .500 in his seven years at TB. After 2003, they let some players go, others didnt work out, the GM made some bad decisions, etc. It wasnt all on Gruden. And while credit goes to Dungy for his SB win with Tampa, he should also get credit for it because after all, he still had to coach the team to get there and without a QB. Dungy got the Colts to the SB and won it but if it wasnt for Manning and the GM who built around him, he never would have won a SB with Indy. Basically, it all goes both ways.

Would rather have Holmgren as the GM but in regards to money, thats one reason why we'll never be good again. Its amazing that the team is even still profitable. You would think that after eight years of crap, the fans would say, screw it, im not giving my money to the York's when I could spend it on myself instead.

What really sucks is that if he doesnt get Harbaugh and signs some crapper to be the HC and he fails and gets fired with years remaining on his contract like Sing and Nolan (and possibly Erickson), all he's doing is spending more money in the long run than he would if he paid Gruden $7 or $8m a season.

York's should be more generous like Eddie was. Gee, what a shock that the team has sucked since he's been gone. Still hoping for a Holmgren/Gruden/Locker dynasty.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:23 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/01/01/11/M...99&feedID=5936
Old 01-01-2011, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Would rather have Holmgren as the GM but in regards to money, thats one reason why we'll never be good again. Its amazing that the team is even still profitable. You would think that after eight years of crap, the fans would say, screw it, im not giving my money to the York's when I could spend it on myself instead.

What really sucks is that if he doesnt get Harbaugh and signs some crapper to be the HC and he fails and gets fired with years remaining on his contract like Sing and Nolan (and possibly Erickson), all he's doing is spending more money in the long run than he would if he paid Gruden $7 or $8m a season.

York's should be more generous like Eddie was. Gee, what a shock that the team has sucked since he's been gone. Still hoping for a Holmgren/Gruden/Locker dynasty.
The ironic thing though, is that fans are saying we should boycott the team, but that just leads to a vicious cycle. No money for the team = no chance of improving.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:34 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Thanks for the link Hawkeye.

My thoughts on the article -

Harbaugh - I have to admit that I didnt know anything about him except that he was a former NFL QB but this has kind of (but not 100%) sold me on him - "He runs a derivative of Bill Walsh's West Coast offense at Stanford, where he formed a nice bond with the Hall of Fame coach before his passing in 2007" - a version of the WCO, bond with Bill Walsh. I like it. I like it a lot. Still worried that his lack of NFL head coaching experience and who would the OC be? Have to be someone who knows the WCO but at the same time, cant be someone who's a threat to Harbaugh or a threat to leave if our offense suddenly explodes.

Gruden - Everyone here already knows that he's still number one on my wish list.

Billick - Is third after Gruden and Harbaugh.

Mornhinweg - Would be 4th on my wish list but im still worried that he's one of those guys who's better as an OC than he is as a HC.

Holmgren - Would prefer him to be our next GM with Gruden as HC but if Harbaugh falls through, would be the new number one on my list ahead of Gruden. Dont see him leaving CLE or them allowing him to leave.

The rest I have no interest in whatsoever.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:39 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

On a related side note -

What happens is Harbaugh loses the Bowl game on Monday and Luck plays bad? Also, what happens if Luck decides to stay in college for his senior season after we sign Harbaugh?

Has anyone thought of those possibilities?
Old 01-02-2011, 12:43 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verloren View Post
The ironic thing though, is that fans are saying we should boycott the team, but that just leads to a vicious cycle. No money for the team = no chance of improving.
Yeah, but the York's are ******* cheap to begin with. In four off-seasons, only three major free agent signings - Clements, Lewis (gone) and J. Smith. Everyone else has been via the draft or a cheap veteran signing like Franklin and Spikes. And when you look at who our head coaches have been since Mariucci, they're definitely going the cheap route.

And to anyone here, doesnt anyone know what Mariucci's contract was back in 1997? Thanks.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:58 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verloren View Post
The Yorks hold all the money. The revenue that fans bring in don't correlate the success of a team. The people at the front office picking the players and coaches do. It's up to the ownership to gain money from the fans by fielding a good team.

Quote:
Old 01-02-2011, 02:01 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
On a related side note -

What happens is Harbaugh loses the Bowl game on Monday and Luck plays bad? Also, what happens if Luck decides to stay in college for his senior season after we sign Harbaugh?

I wouldn't care if we got Luck. Never have. Having good coaching (regardless of who it is) is invaluable. A good coach that knows offense and has an eye for talent will find a good quarterback one way or the other. If Harbaugh losses the Bowl game so what? He'd still be a good candidate to be head coach.

Quote:
Old 01-02-2011, 02:09 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When you guys say you want Locker, you mean with the 2nd rounder right? That dude is a huge freaking project. He's so inaccurate it's silly, and he's got the pocket presence of Troy Smith.
binary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:19 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Huge difference between Billick and Singletary. Billick didnt have control or power like Singletary did this year and Singletary chose wrong three times. He chose Aex over Shaun Hill. He chose Carr over Hill and he chose Troy over Nate.

Billick didnt have power because if he did, im sure he would have drafted or signed a QB. Of course, when you look at the draft, he wasnt going to go after Eli, Philip or Ben in 2004 after drafting Boller in 2003 and he didnt have a first rounder in 2004 anyway so it doesnt even matter. 2005 had Alex, Rodgers and Campbell. Rodgers is the best one by far with Alex and Jason second and third. 2006 had Young, Leinart and Cutler. Cutler is easily the best one by far but Billick got Ngata so you cant really blame anyone in BAL for tht decision. In 2007, it was Russell who is gone and Quinn who's a backup in DEN if I remember correctly.

So, when you think about it, out of eight QB's between 2005 and 2007, only two have become good to great so its obvious that the percentages of success isnt exactly there. Plus, its Newsome who's been in charge since 2002, not Billick so at worst, Billick is 50/50 to blame. And always remember, the GM is always going to do what he wants to do regardless of what the coach wants. Not every GM/HC works together. More times than not, both look to go for a "power play" with one succeeding and one failing.

I understand you wanting a HC who wants to get a QB but there's one small problem with that. Its not going to be up to the HC or even the GM. If Baalke becomes the official GM, its all Jed York so if anyone is to blame regardless of who our next HC turns out to be, its Jed York.

And just because we have a QB on our team, we dont instantly become division champions because there's so much bullcrap behind the scenes year after year that its going to take a lot more than that. Plus, the QB isnt going to be awesome from the start unless we luck out like the Rams did but thats not going to happen.

Bottom line is that I prefer Billick over any of those coordinators that were posted on the last page. Of course, im still baffled as to why Gruden hasnt been at least mentioned. It doesnt make any sense but then again, im not really surprised that what Jed does doesnt make any sense to begin with.
Billick was still the Ravens coach for three years before Newsome became the GM. And they were switching out quarterbacks (even during their Super Bowl run) like crazy. Regardless, it would be a little navie to assume that that the GM and head coach weren't on the same page or didn't work together seeing as they were both there for so long and never expressed wanting to leave. That's really a cop-out/excuse in my opinion for Billick and his failed attempt to field a decent starter in the nine years he was in Baltimore. Billick was brought in because of what he did in Minnesota, develop a dynamic offense with a good quarterback (Cunningham was already established however). There were a lot of great to even "decent" starters Billick and Newsome could have acquired in the draft. Like it or not, Billick does not have a proven track record when it comes to developing known quarterbacks. Even at the collegiate level. Fact. He has a lot of knowledge about offense though.

I think if we get a decent starter in year we're division champs...unless another team like Seattle or Arizona gets lucky and does the same exact thing. You disagree. Proceed. Just remember the NFC West isn't exactly a powerhouse.

And where does this assumption come from that Baalke is automatically going to be a "yes man" to Jed York? York said himself he's not going to have an active role in football operations. Baalke hasn't even been hired yet either. So where is the idea that Jed York is now Jerry Jones coming from?

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 01-02-2011 at 02:37 AM.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:18 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
On a related side note -

Luck is not part of the equation. We do not know his future. The focus is entirely on trying to wrap up a deal with Harbaugh as soon as this bowl game is over win or lose. Harbaugh's career at Stanford speaks for itself no matter what he does Monday. If the 49ers, somehow, ended up with Luck as well that would just be icing on the cake.
"When I'm on the field, my one thought is to completely annihilate you and do everything in my power to make you fail. I don't have a single thought about what my hair looks like, what my shoes look like, why my shirt's unbuttoned. I don't care who you are or what you've done in this game. - Brian Wilson
Old 01-02-2011, 09:22 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
When you guys say you want Locker, you mean with the 2nd rounder right? That dude is a huge freaking project. He's so inaccurate it's silly, and he's got the pocket presence of Troy Smith.
Hard to get a read on him with the talent he has around him. On the main forum they were comparing his stats to Cutler's.
Quote:
Jay Cutler: 4917 yds 31 Td 14 Int - 564 rush yds 7 Td - 7-13 Record Jake Locker: 5065 yds 38 Td 20 Int - 773 rush yds 13 Td - 12-12 Record
Only caught a few games the last couple months of him and he really reminds me of McNabb.............especially the way he overthrows WRs on 10 yard routes.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:31 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah, but the York's are ******* cheap to begin with. In four off-seasons, only three major free agent signings - Clements, Lewis (gone) and J. Smith. Everyone else has been via the draft or a cheap veteran signing like Franklin and Spikes. And when you look at who our head coaches have been since Mariucci, they're definitely going the cheap route.

And to anyone here, doesnt anyone know what Mariucci's contract was back in 1997? Thanks.
Disagree IMHO, since the '05 season, the Yorks have done a solid job of changing the perceived image of being cheap. They paid for the number 1, signed Clements and J.Smith in back to back seasons to high contracts, gotten draft picks signed (expect Crabtree) on time, and extended guys with years still left on their current deals. SF may not sign players like the Skins or Dolphins but the Yorks have proved the are willing to spend to bring players in.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:56 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

updated 1-7 round mock

1. patrick robinson - cb
2. jake locker - qb
3. steven friday - olb/de
4. cedrick thorton - de (3-4 )
5. alex linnenkohl - c
6. chris rainy - wr/kr/pr
7. ( i believe this is via detroit for shaun hill ) - davon house - cb
7. marcus gilbert - g/t

i would still like to add a legit fs & ilb - i'm hoping the new gm & coach realize the need for a pass rush upgrade, corners who don't stop playing aka spencer versus the rams, and a qb so there is no shuffling during mid season.
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People wanting Holmgren to GM this team really need to look at his track record in Seattle. Look at the guys he brought in and the guys he decided not to resign or trade away. Take a few minutes of your time to do this and tell me if this is really what you want to have happen to our roster.

Gruden is reportedly unavailable until his kid graduates, that may or may not be true, but perhaps would be a reason for people that want the guy to calm down a bit. You don't know if feelers have been put out or not and you don't know if his agent has passed it along that he is available or not.

Just because you recognize a name doesn't mean it is the best one to go with. Little trivia tidbit: No head coach has won a Superbowl coaching for two different teams.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Newbs24
Rookie

Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.

Hearing from some good people in Schemmy Hall that Harbaugh will be announced as the next head coach at Michigan when he is done with the Bowl Game stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario86 View Post
Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.
Newbs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:17 PM    (permalink
txparkes49x
Veteran

txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does Harbaugh's lack of head coaching experience remind you of Nolan, or Sing at all or the fear of it at least. I feel different about Harbaugh but still it haunts me. I still want Gruden if i had to choose between them. Gruden/Billick experience is key role in deciding who we should get as HC.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:18 PM    (permalink
txparkes49x
Veteran

txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
updated 1-7 round mock

1. patrick robinson - cb
2. jake locker - qb
3. steven friday - olb/de
4. cedrick thorton - de (3-4 )
5. alex linnenkohl - c
6. chris rainy - wr/kr/pr
7. ( i believe this is via detroit for shaun hill ) - davon house - cb
7. marcus gilbert - g/t

i would still like to add a legit fs & ilb - i'm hoping the new gm & coach realize the need for a pass rush upgrade, corners who don't stop playing aka spencer versus the rams, and a qb so there is no shuffling during mid season.
Patrick Robinson? from florida state who is playing for the saints? lol