Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 01-05-2011, 10:50 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Billy....

See, that I dont understand. If Michigan offered Harbaugh $5.2m a season, why the hell would Jed offer less??? Makes no sense to me whatsoever.
Rumor is that Harbaugh leaked the offer to get a bigger offer from one of the NFL clubs. So hard to fault Jed there. Looks like the plan has worked and got the biggest fish, no pun intended cause I'm sad, to create a bidding war.
"When I'm on the field, my one thought is to completely annihilate you and do everything in my power to make you fail. I don't have a single thought about what my hair looks like, what my shoes look like, why my shirt's unbuttoned. I don't care who you are or what you've done in this game. - Brian Wilson
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Arsenal
Rookie

Arsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Well if we hire McDaniels I expect Patrick Willis to be traded for Tim Tebow and Vernon Davis for Laurence Maroney...
Old 01-05-2011, 10:54 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know that Harbaugh leaked the offer but is the offer legit? If so, I can understand wnating more money at the NFL level since everyone makes more money plus the stress and work hours easily surpass that of college.
dan77733 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:56 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
Well if we hire McDaniels I expect Patrick Willis to be traded for Tim Tebow and Vernon Davis for Laurence Maroney...
Oh crap!!! Just had an AWESOME trade idea...........followme guys.....
we trade.....
Jed York to the CFL for a bag of chips and some fish.

What do you guys think???
Old 01-05-2011, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Arsenal
Rookie

Arsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I'm pretty sure Michigan's AD denied making the $5.2 million offer.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:01 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know that Harbaugh leaked the offer but is the offer legit? If so, I can understand wnating more money at the NFL level since everyone makes more money plus the stress and work hours easily surpass that of college.
I would believe so. Can not imagine Michigan not making a big time offer to Harbaugh knowing that they have to compete with NFL clubs and all the other Michigan Man crap I have been hearing the last week and half to please their fanbase.
"When I'm on the field, my one thought is to completely annihilate you and do everything in my power to make you fail. I don't have a single thought about what my hair looks like, what my shoes look like, why my shirt's unbuttoned. I don't care who you are or what you've done in this game. - Brian Wilson
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:02 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know a guy who coached College and is now in the Pros and apparently there is so much bs involved in the college game. Think about it, when the season's over as a coach in the NFL...the season is over. In college, you've already been on the recruiting trail for a million weeks.

Two different beasts, but from what i've been told the NFL is the best gig as far as work hours.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:17 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

^^^^ I think that there's "BS" everywhere. LOL.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:19 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only capacity in which I'd be happy seeing McDaniels in sf is as the OC, and i think a lot of you guys agree with me on that. Harbaugh is tops on my list, but I'm afraid by Schefter's last tweet, mainly the part that says

Quote:
the niners have prepared to move on and won't compete financially with the fins
this both goes against what jed said before that "money was not an obstacle" and is interesting as the quote states that we are prepared to on, but to who? the only candidate that has been interviewed is jackson, who i'm actually a fan of but i'd rather him be in a OC role than a HC, but it doesn't look like thats really an option. then with mcdaniels name surfacing, i almost want to kill myself but no other options have been outlined by anyone from the niners
Old 01-05-2011, 11:22 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and just posted by Maiocco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Maiocco
49ers team source tells me team is not ready to move on from possibility of Jim Harbaugh as couch, but they're definitely scouting out Plan B
makes you wonder what plan B is, and hopefully the other, non-monetary factors will help harbaugh stay in the bay
Old 01-05-2011, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably Jackson or McDaniels at this point.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:25 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

This part is interesting -

"And while several people close to Harbaugh have advised him against going to the 49ers because of their front-office structure, he has received more favorable reports on Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland."

But not surprising. You have to wonder if Harbaugh would accept less money if Lombardi was our GM instead of Baalke.

But whatever............im scouting too, for a new team because until the Yorks are gone 100%, there's no point because every time they have a chance to do something positive, it turns into a huge negative.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
$7 to $8 million a year is insane. I love Harbaugh but let's not pretend he's risk free. He's still a college coach with 2 years of NFL experience at the coaching level. I don't see how that equals $7-8 million dollars. His buzz has just gotten ridiculous at this point, he's not Bill Belichick.

While I would be thrilled to wake up tomorrow with him as our coach, I would find it hard to bash Jed for not paying that much.
Yeah, Jed either looks desperate or cheap. Lose-lose scenario for him, but a good coaching hire would help. Harbaugh is still mostly unproven at the NFL level and is NOT the caliber of coaches like Belichick, or even close. That would take some time...and some championships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperVisor View Post
Harbaugh pro contracts added up to about 20 mil. This is 1990s era. Not a small sum.

He isn't in a place like a lot of coaches looking at the millions and being blown away.

As long as 49ers are @ 5-ish that is good enough. You want the coach to have some reasons to ask for the keys to the team beyond the green.
This is true. If he truly values the Niners and their tradition, the opportunity there is for him in SF and not needing to move his young family across the country, then their offer should be more than enough for him. If not, **** him, cause he wouldn't have the loyalty we're all hoping for to build and see through the next 49ers dynasty.

Quote:
McDaniels would be a great hire....perhaps as an OC. He proved he wasn't quite ready to be a HC in the NFL just yet but he is an offensive coach (pun intended). Jed probably thinks McD fits the mold (ATL Falcons model) of a young, up-and-coming HC to match with his up-and-coming GM that he has in place already. What a joke. That move would look VERY desperate and set the team back even further.

At least he could tape the Niners practices legally next season. =/

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with 12 Picks in the Draft

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:34 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, i left home around 7 hours ago, and i was expecting to come back and hear that Harbaugh would be our coach.

Now i'm hearing that the Phins are about to sweep in out of nowhere and steal him? WHAT THE ****!?!?
Old 01-05-2011, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure that during their 6 hour meeting, they both (Niners and Harbaugh) laid all the cards on the table, negotiating personnel power, salary, etc. Once Harbaugh was sure that he had their best offer and the Niners wouldn't budge, he then gave them the 'ol "I'll sleep on it" deal to see what else he could drum up from the fins.

The Niners reports we're hearing about them being "ready to move on" is part of the negotiation. Negotiation 101 - It creates a sense of urgency for Harbaugh to sign on the dotted line quickly, instead of keeping the already ridiculous bidding war going. It also indicates that they've made their best offer to him for what they feel his value is to them and the franchise. If he doesn't want to take the job for what they feel is fair, they'll find someone else.

I'm sure that the Niners might have a little more wiggle room if it came down to it, but not $2 mil more per year, otherwise they would have likely offered it already, knowing that the Dolphins were ready to pounce on him with a big offer.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:39 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jed better not screw this up. He's already been exposed as a liar for his farce of a GM "search", if he can't get Harbaugh when he was right there for the taking he is going to take a massive PR hit. Especially if he hires Josh freaking McDaniels, wtf? Money really shouldn't be an issue either, Jed himself said money wouldn't be an object, or it could be another lie. The only thing even giving me a glimmer of hope is that they handled the Crabtree contract situation really well, and the possiblity that Harbaugh could just be using the Dolphins as leverage.

Anyways, Jed is either going to come out of this sitation looking really savvy if he can still snag Harbaugh without having to match Miami's offer, or he's going to look like a huge moron if we lose Harbaugh to Miami or even Stanford. Jed will never hear the end of it if he lets the hottest coaching prospect in years go through his fingertips..

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 01-05-2011 at 11:45 PM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:43 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
I'm sure that during their 6 hour meeting, they both (Niners and Harbaugh) laid all the cards on the table, negotiating personnel power, salary, etc. Once Harbaugh was sure that he had their best offer and the Niners wouldn't budge, he then gave them the 'ol "I'll sleep on it" deal to see what else he could drum up from the fins.

The Niners reports we're hearing about them being "ready to move on" is part of the negotiation. Negotiation 101 - It creates a sense of urgency for Harbaugh to sign on the dotted line quickly, instead of keeping the already ridiculous bidding war going. It also indicates that they've made their best offer to him for what they feel his value is to them and the franchise. If he doesn't want to take the job for what they feel is fair, they'll find someone else.

I'm sure that the Niners might have a little more wiggle room if it came down to it, but not $2 mil more per year, otherwise they would have likely offered it already, knowing that the Dolphins were ready to pounce on him with a big offer.
Correct. And what Ross is doing REEKS of desperation. Perhaps he fears that Harbaugh is ready to be a 49er.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:47 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard Maimi wasn't even a good fit for Harbaugh on NFLN .He just wasn't sure on moving that far away any how .Also who wants to wear green and not red and white ? lol any ways.I think we still fair a good chance here guys don't give up so easily now.49ers unit! lol
Old 01-05-2011, 11:50 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah, Jed either looks desperate or cheap. Lose-lose scenario for him, but a good coaching hire would help. Harbaugh is still mostly unproven at the NFL level and is NOT the caliber of coaches like Belichick, or even close. That would take some time...and some championships.

This is true. If he truly values the Niners and their tradition, the opportunity there is for him in SF and not needing to move his young family across the country, then their offer should be more than enough for him. If not, **** him, cause he wouldn't have the loyalty we're all hoping for to build and see through the next 49ers dynasty.

McDaniels would be a great hire....perhaps as an OC. He proved he wasn't quite ready to be a HC in the NFL just yet but he is an offensive coach (pun intended). Jed probably thinks McD fits the mold (ATL Falcons model) of a young, up-and-coming HC to match with his up-and-coming GM that he has in place already. What a joke. That move would look VERY desperate and set the team back even further.

At least he could tape the Niners practices legally next season. =/
Harbaugh is unproven but at the same time, its Jed's fault for putting all of his eggs in one basket. Going after Harbaugh and not getting him because he doesnt want to pay him what he's asking despite Jed already knowing the range that Harbaugh wants would be worse than giving him the $7-8m a season he wants because it shows that he's too damn young and inexperienced to be in control of the team and like I said before, he wanted Baalke to be the GM so he himself can make the decisions. Anyone who thinks that Jed doesnt want to run and control everything himself is fooling themselves.

You talk about loyalty but at the same time, it goes both ways. Think about it - Jed signed Sing to a three year deal and is gone after two. He signed Nolan to a five year dea and he was gone after 3 1/2. You have to worry about yourself too because in the end, no one else is going to and unlike Jed, regardless of what happens, Harbaugh isnt going to have his parents money to play with after he's gone.

If Jed hires McDaniels, he's even worse and more stupid than I thought. Hire a guy who traded away his two best players in Cutler and Marshall??? Hell no. If Jed hires McDaniels or some other crapper, he should be hung out to dry literally.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:51 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

This is definitely a well thought out post and gives me a little hope we can get this right. Personally i don't care what we offer because its not my money and there's no cap for coaches, but thats me. Really, this job is just as attractive if not more attractive than the Dolphins job for a variety of reasons...but if Harbaugh really wants that money then its a no brainer. We just have to hope that what the 49ers offer as a whole is worth taking 2-3 million less a year because i don't see Jed budging on his contract demands..
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:51 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I couldn't be more nervous about this situation...

Hopefully Harbaugh is just window shopping and just looking at their offer.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Correct. And what Ross is doing REEKS of desperation. Perhaps he fears that Harbaugh is ready to be a 49er.
Yes, thus why he took an emergency flight to the Bay Area from the East Coast to throw a bag of money at Harbaugh. If Harbaugh was truthful when he said to the Niners that he had to talk to Ross 'out of respect,' then there's a good chance he meets with him (a fellow Univ of Michigan alum), receives the offer, then decides what's best for him and his family....which, other than the total dollar amount of his first contract, is the Niners.

If we hear something relatively quickly about Harbaugh going to the fins, then we'll know it was about the money, not the opportunity.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't remember being this on edge for a long time. Harbaugh met with us for 5-6 hours, he's local, we were his first interview, we are in the worst division, we are in the NFC, we will give him the most power, we will give him a fair wage.

If Harbaugh is only concerned with making as much money as he can we lose him. Most likely he is just trying to get the best offer available from us and he's our guy. We gotta give him 6 million I think though, maaayyybbbee 5.5. Please Jed don't be cheap you have seen what impact a bad coach can have!!
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:56 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing we know, not the unsubstantiated reports we've heard for days but what we know is this....

Harbaugh met with the 49ers for 6+ hours today and then the Dolphins owner took a LATE flight to the West Coast to make an offer.

To me its sounds like a desperation move and Harbaugh will listen out of courtesy for a fellow U of M alum.

If Ross didn't think the Niners were close to a deal he would've just flown out in the morning.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:58 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Jed better not screw this up. He's already been exposed as a liar for his farce of a GM "search", if he can't get Harbaugh when he was right there for the taking he is going to take a massive PR hit. Especially if he hires Josh freaking McDaniels, wtf? Money really shouldn't be an issue either, Jed himself said money wouldn't be an object, or it could be another lie. The only thing even giving me a glimmer of hope is that they handled the Crabtree contract situation really well, and the possiblity that Harbaugh could just be using the Dolphins as leverage.

Anyways, Jed is either going to come out of this sitation looking really savvy if he can still snag Harbaugh without having to match Miami's offer, or he's going to look like a huge moron if we lose Harbaugh to Miami or even Stanford. Jed will never hear the end of it if he lets the hottest coaching prospect in years go through his fingertips..
Jed's a liar and the whole GM search was a sham??? Jed said that money wont be an issue even though it is. No, you dont say. Gee, I wonder who said that ten days ago after Jed held that press conference.

*Hmmmm, thinks for a minute* Thats right, it was me.

You guys still think my crazy ideas are idiotic and moronic? At least, if it was up to me, I wouldnt fear spending money and failing because thats the risk with whoever/whatever you're doing. Its not trying thats worse than failing.