Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 02-05-2011, 04:18 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I dont have a problem with running the ball but I dont want them to be dependent on it. I want them to pass more. It's a passing league and running running running isnt going to cut it anymore and im sick of watching it.
But we will be dependent on it Dan. Mike Iupati and Anthony Davis were not drafted for their pass blocking. Frank Gore is a downhill physical runner. Vernon Davis is one of the best blocking TEs in the game. Harbaugh sees this group and they fit very well for what he likes to do on offense.

Do I think we have prolific weapons? I think Vernon is the best out there, Crabtree still hasn't reached his full potential, Morgan can certainly move the chains and surprise some teams, Delanie Walker is a mismatch, etc.

But we don't have a QB to make it all tick. Josh Johnson or Matt Flynn would not dramatically change the style of football that Harbaugh's offense is built for, or the fact that we have run oriented personnel on offense. Whoever the quarterback is next year, whether its one that can't start on his current team, or a rookie they will absolutely be dependent on the running game.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like we're going to be like the Browns were this year once Colt McCoy was starting.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I feel like we're going to be like the Browns were this year once Colt McCoy was starting.
Uggggh. That would be sad.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I dont know if he is or not but he just turned 28 and may still want to be a starter and unless Harbaugh thinks he can be for the long term, I wouldnt bother because Carr's not a threat and just there as backup depth. Even though Carr would be the veteran backup, chances are Johnson would play before him if Flynn was to get injured. Unless Harbaugh thinks that Gradkowski can be our franchise QB and not just a stopgap, I just dont see the point.
Gradkowski is going to take any opportunity he can get. He's not exactly in high demand. Everyone that competes is going to want to be a starter. Gradkowski has bounced around a few teams so he'll have a chip on his shoulder. But the better he plays, the better chance he has of staying. No one is going to "hand" him a starting job. If he's thinking that he should just retire.

Quote:
Old 02-05-2011, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Uggggh. That would be sad.
sadly, it would still be better than this past season

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
sadly, it would still be better than this past season
Well can't go anywhere but up. The good sides to that scenario:

1. Having an offensive minded coach.

2. Playing in the NFC West.

3. Planning out for the future with a young quarterback.

Hopefully we just select the right young guy.

Quote:
Old 02-06-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would just LLLLLOVE Cam Newton on the 49ers. It'll probably never happen but I would love it. Worst case scenario, you gain a WR/TE lol

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:47 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^^^^ No thanks.

And I didnt know that Rodgers was a 49ers fan growing up and his favorite players were Montana and Young. Cant believe the Niners passed on him in 2005. Oh well. Still hope the Packers win since I hate the Steelers.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:50 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well can't go anywhere but up. The good sides to that scenario:

1. Having an offensive minded coach.

2. Playing in the NFC West.

3. Planning out for the future with a young quarterback.

Hopefully we just select the right young guy.
I have a lot of faith we will this year. Harbaugh liked Romo and Garrard while having an unfavorable grade on Harrington back when he was the Raiders QB coach. For the first time in years, i feel very confident that we have some competent QB evaluators in place.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
^^^^^ No thanks.

And I didnt know that Rodgers was a 49ers fan growing up and his favorite players were Montana and Young. Cant believe the Niners passed on him in 2005. Oh well. Still hope the Packers win since I hate the Steelers.
Apparently Mike McCarthy liked Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers. Yet he gets a head coaching job and makes out with the championship in the end. Funny how things work out sometimes.

Quote:
Old 02-07-2011, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Apparently Mike McCarthy liked Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers. Yet he gets a head coaching job and makes out with the championship in the end. Funny how things work out sometimes.
The Mike Nolan coaching tree lives on! LMAO

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:41 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not laughing. :(
Old 02-08-2011, 03:17 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Erk...Wrong thread.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any one like Caleb Henn from Chicago?I hear he is a FA.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:52 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Caleb Hanie?

All I know about this guy is he was the 3rd stringer in Chicago, and played well in the NFC Championship game. But I don't think that's a large enough sample to say I do or do not want the guy.

If we're talking about to replace someone like David Carr - sure, doesn't matter much. I imagine Harbaugh will draft/sign his top two quarterbacks. If Hanie wants to be our 3rd and compete for the 2nd that's fine.

There's no way though he's in the discussion for the starting gig.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Caleb Hanie = waster of time

The only scenario is to take him if he'll sign for the minimum and cut Carr so he can be the Niners 3rd QB on the cheap. I'd prefer a backup QB with more West Coach Offense experience.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 02-08-2011, 07:33 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just wanted to get some opinions that is all guys.Any word on who our top QB 's for JH yet or is it to early?
Old 02-08-2011, 10:08 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
Any word on who our top QB 's for JH yet or is it to early?
seriously?
binary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
Just wanted to get some opinions that is all guys.Any word on who our top QB 's for JH yet or is it to early?
Maiocco's Article

Besides, Harbaugh will be playing his cards close to his chest regarding this one.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

Top 10 49ers Big Board, according to yours truly.

Post yours, same, different, whatever.

1. Patrick Peterson – I personally believe he’s the best prospect in the draft this year. It just so happens that his position lines up perfectly with one of our greatest needs. Having him fall to #7 would be the ideal situation in my opinion.

2. Prince Amukamara – Thankfully, there are two elite prospects at the corner position this year. Doesn’t come away with as many turnovers as you’d like, and doesn’t offer anything in terms of the return game. Those are the main two reasons why he’s behind Peterson.

3. Von Miller – Already has nearly everyone raving about his athleticism and what he can offer a football team. I expect him to blow up at the combine. He could be the presence off the edge we’ve been waiting/searching for.

4. Nick Fairley – He’s no Ndamukong Suh, but when Fairley is playing at his best, I don’t think he’s that far off. Would be amazing at the end opposite Justin Smith, and would also allow us to be scheme diverse.

5. Robert Quinn – A full year off from football certainly hurts his stock a bit, but he’s still a phenomenal player. I think, come April, he’ll be the #1 pass rusher on most boards – Von Miller simply offers more versatility.

6. A.J. Green – Some see him as the #1 player in the draft. I see Patrick Peterson as that guy. Green would be strictly a BPA/Luxury pick if we made this selection. Ideally, if the previous 5 are gone, I would look to trade out with someone who desperately wants Green, and grab extra picks. I wouldn’t want to drop down much further though.

7. Cameron Newton – Quarterback is the most vital of all our needs heading into this offseason. All of the quarterbacks available in the draft are “developmental” or “project” quarterbacks in my opinion. Newton is no exception to that. However, if they can all be labeled as such, I think where you begin to separate the prospects is by their ceiling. I personally believe that Newton’s ceiling is unmatched by anyone in this class, and anyone in recent memory. In Harbaugh I trust, so I’m perfectly fine not grabbing a quarterback at #7, but I also believe in his abilities to harness the potential that Newton offers.

8. Marcell Dareus – To me, he would essentially be a Nick Fairley type player, with slightly less nastiness. Scheme diverse as well as Fairley – outside in a 3-4, inside in a 4-3.

9. Cameron Jordan – Another guy I really like that may be a popular top 10 guy by the end of April. He’s another aggressive/athletic 3-4 defensive end that would instantly improve our front.

10. Julio Jones – Another luxury pick, and my reaction is very similar to that of A.J Green. If we find ourselves out of the #7 slot, and the players listed previously are gone, I would first want to find a trade partner who wanted to select Julio. If it doesn’t work out, obviously he’s a superb talent and would be a welcomed addition.

*Subject to change
Old 02-09-2011, 04:32 PM    (permalink
MaybeDavis
Rookie

MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.

1.AJ Green
2.Patrick Peterson
3.Cam Newton
4.Von Miller
5.Prince Amukamara
6.Da'quan Bowers
7.Nick Fairley
8.Robert Quinn
9.Marcell Dareus
10.Ryan Kerrigan

BTW I represent the Niners at the Mock Draft here on the Board. I picked with the 7th Pick Cam Newton with Amukamara and Fairley left on the board. What do you think about? hERE#S THE THREAD.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45660
MaybeDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeDavis View Post
BTW I represent the Niners at the Mock Draft here on the Board. I picked with the 7th Pick Cam Newton with Amukamara and Fairley left on the board. What do you think about? hERE#S THE THREAD.

I would have taken Amukamara and not even blinked.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:28 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am View Post
I would have taken Amukamara and not even blinked.
Agree 100%.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeDavis View Post
1.AJ Green
2.Patrick Peterson
3.Cam Newton
4.Von Miller
5.Prince Amukamara
6.Da'quan Bowers
7.Nick Fairley
8.Robert Quinn
9.Marcell Dareus
10.Ryan Kerrigan

Thank God that was just a mock draft.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:32 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Here's my top five -

1. WR A.J. Green
2. CB Patrick Peterson
3. CB Prince Amukamara
4. OLB Von Miller
5. QB Jake Locker

Peterson is my favored pick at 7 followed by Prince and then Green. I have Green first because he's the best prospect at WR since Calvin Johnson and with Luck staying in college, I think he's the best prospect overall this year but I would take Peterson or Prince over him because the need at CB is greater than it is at WR. Miller would be good but im hoping for Woodley, Hali or Kiwanuka from free agency in that order. Locker is the only QB that im even interested in but unless the other four are gone and I cant get a good offer to trade down, he would be the pick.

With that said, still prefer to trade a 3rd to GB for Flynn. If Peterson and Prince are gone but Green is still there at seven, I draft him unless a team is willing to give me a monster deal which would include 2011 and 2012's first rounders because for him to slip for whatever reason would be a steal. If I couldnt get that or at least 2011's first, second and third, I draft him with no regrets.

Trading down into the late teens or twenties, I would look at CB's Harris, Williams and Smith. Would take Smith over the others though.

I'm just hoping that the CBA gets done later this month or early March so everything can stay on course and I think it will and if anything, if a deal becomes immenent, Goodell would most likely delay the start of the new league year like what was done years ago.