Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 02-20-2011, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think highly of Mallett, but I don't see him falling that far unless he just blows it in combine interviews.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:03 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't take Mallett in the 7th round
Old 02-20-2011, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Milk Man
Rookie

Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if Mallett slips i dont think Harbaugh would want him. He doesn't fit the system at all.

I still have a slight hunch that we will take Locker. Not saying i want to but it wouldn't shock me. He still has the combine, pro day and interviews to improve his stock. His accuracy is a concern, but everything else Harbaugh wants in a QB Locker has. And I get the feeling character and work ethic are very important to Harbaugh. Locker's intangibles are second to none, he wants to be great. I think Harbaugh can teach accuracy, and he knows it. He's talking highly of Alex and has even called him accurate when he clearly has been inconsistent in that department. You look at how accurate he made Josh Johnson and Andrew Luck at the collegiate level. Look at the accuracy spike Rich Gannon had when Harbaugh was his QB coach. He could definitely look at Locker as a guy he could mold into a heck of a QB in a year or two.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chapo, nice mock for all rounds.I doubt Mallet slips into the third round.Though we could take a chance on him in round two,it would still be a steal.I like him or Ponder in Round 2.Mehli would be a nice pick up at slow WR for us. Not sure if we need to draft to CBs but if dyke is bpa sure why not. All other rounds are good though.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:33 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
Doubt Mays will start though, Reggie is better.
Even though they have the investment in Mays I hope they bring in a cheap vet SS to compete for the job. Reggie was sound but I wasn't impressed. He just seems a step to slow to be a starter and Mays still a year away. But I know realistically SS is going to be low on the list.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:34 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I don't think highly of Mallett, but I don't see him falling that far unless he just blows it in combine interviews.
Or gets nailed with blow on him.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Or gets nailed with blow on him.
Damn, was that a reference to Matt Jones?!

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:13 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Chapo, nice mock for all rounds.I doubt Mallet slips into the third round.Though we could take a chance on him in round two,it would still be a steal.I like him or Ponder in Round 2.Mehli would be a nice pick up at slow WR for us. Not sure if we need to draft to CBs but if dyke is bpa sure why not. All other rounds are good though.
well, thank you.

mallet i think will have the clausen affect where he will drop...maybe not a ton but he won't go in the 1st round for sure.

ponder, not really feeling his game play. i'd rather make a move for josh johnson or kevin kolb over spending time to work with ponder.

mehli is not a quick AT ALL but he does have good hands & can factor in as 3-4th wideout in certain plays. kyle williams still needs to play.

my thing with the 2 cbs are this. clements is going to want some money & spencer has played poorly in my book. sf hasn't had a good young corner in some time. it's time they look into drafting 1-2. again, this my opinion.
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:16 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
sf hasn't had a good young corner in some time. it's time they look into drafting 1-2. again, this my opinion.
Also have to consider the severity of Phillip Adams' ankle injury. It's not a certainty that he will be able to regain any potentially lost speed, and as a CB, speed simply cannot be lost.

I wanted the 49ers to draft 2 or 3 CBs last draft and my opinion hasn't drastically altered entering this draft season.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Also have to consider the severity of Phillip Adams' ankle injury. It's not a certainty that he will be able to regain any potentially lost speed, and as a CB, speed simply cannot be lost.

I wanted the 49ers to draft 2 or 3 CBs last draft and my opinion hasn't drastically altered entering this draft season.
Yes, Adams' injury is a concern. Because he is so physical, he may be able to make a switch to safety if he's lost a little speed but still shows potential, but his best chance to make the 53 is to prove he's capable of being a CB for the Niners.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 02-21-2011, 03:43 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Secondary wise, I would still go after Atogwe to play FS, start Mays at SS, sign UFA CB Richard Marshall, release Clements the next day, draft Peterson/Prince at 7 and keep Spencer as the nickelback. Brown, Adams and Brock rounds out the CB depth with backups Smith and Taylor at SS and FS respectively.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:24 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a couple thoughts before class starts:

Ras I Dowling - love this kid, wanted him last year, would we have to take him in round 2 to have a shot? There's no way he goes to the 3rd does he?

Brent - The return of the sig, feels like home around here.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Looks like Baas' stock just went up a little more to the Niners.

Source: Panthers tag center Ryan Kalil

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6147197

Old 02-22-2011, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Source: Panthers tag center Ryan Kalil
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6147197
I thought teams were expecting the tag to go away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am View Post
Brent - The return of the sig, feels like home around here.
The draft is upon us, thus it returns. However, I am still celebrating that Giants WS win.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I thought teams were expecting the tag to go away?

The draft is upon us, thus it returns. However, I am still celebrating that Giants WS win.
Yes, the franchise tag may soon be useless, but it's still TBD. There has been discussion that even if the tag disappears, there may be an extra year option added for teams to tender younger players (like Kalil and Goldson). It shows their commitment level to him, and if anyone was thinking he might hit FA as a 2 time Pro Bowl C, think again.

F*** yes. Still celebrating the Giants WS win is a must!

Old 02-22-2011, 08:22 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Secondary wise, I would still go after Atogwe to play FS, start Mays at SS, sign UFA CB Richard Marshall, release Clements the next day, draft Peterson/Prince at 7 and keep Spencer as the nickelback. Brown, Adams and Brock rounds out the CB depth with backups Smith and Taylor at SS and FS respectively.
Anyone banking on Mays starting, is very questionable.
binary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:11 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
maybe so, he saw limited playing tie as a rookie b/c of coverage problems & adapting to the pro game with its speed, complexity of defense, etc.

He better Get It as a 2nd yr. guy or they will start using that b-word (bust) about him. I still have hope for him as their SS of the future though
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:20 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He was a high second round draft pick and if Smith goes into the regular season without an extension, there would be no reason NOT to start Mays. Personally, I think he's a superior Michael Lewis but like Lewis, needs a playmaking coverage FS *coughAtogwecough* to be good. Mays weak link is in coverage but then again, most SS are weak in coverage which is why they're SS and not FS.

Also, I dont think Smith is that good either. He's had three seasons and hasnt impressed me at all which is why I think they drafted Mays to begin with but regardless of who the starting SS is in 2011, they still need a playmaking coverage FS period.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:29 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

With two days left to franchise tag players, is management going to tag Franklin again? Personally, im hoping that they do because without a good NT, we're screwed. I know $14m is probably high for Franklin but I wouldnt mind it because im still avoiding a long term deal while keeping a starter for another year which would hopefully give the team time to develop Jean-Francois or someone else to replace him in 2012.

Thoughts???
Old 02-23-2011, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
With two days left to franchise tag players, is management going to tag Franklin again? Personally, im hoping that they do because without a good NT, we're screwed. I know $14m is probably high for Franklin but I wouldnt mind it because im still avoiding a long term deal while keeping a starter for another year which would hopefully give the team time to develop Jean-Francois or someone else to replace him in 2012.

Thoughts???
There is no way they tag Franklin at that price tag. It would make more sense to work out a long term deal with him if they wanted to spend big money.

Jean-Francois made improvements last year when Franklin was holding out, but he's not an elite NT option for the future. If he's the Niners starting NT, you'll see that front struggle as a result.

Old 02-23-2011, 01:28 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Yeah, $14m is high but if they sign him to a long term deal and give him at least $10m guaranteed, I would much rather see them franchise him for one more season and then let him go in 2012 and hope that we have his replacement by then. Who our NT will be in 2011 and beyond is just one reason why I was hoping they were going to go back to the 4-3. Oh well.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:37 PM    (permalink
oldman9er
Rookie

oldman9er is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairoldman9er is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairoldman9er is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairoldman9er is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairoldman9er is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairoldman9er is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairoldman9er is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairoldman9er is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairoldman9er is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairoldman9er is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairoldman9er is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Probably not a popular opinion, but I have wanted us to go back to the 4-3 for years now. All the more reason to now, having no true NT or sack artist at rush LB. Sounds like Fangio will keep us as a 3-4 though, so oh well.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:04 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Manny Lawson is on the way out.

Quote:
Fangio believes in a 3-4 defense, with outside linebackers as primary pass rushers and frequent blitzes. He has apparently not been impressed by the play of Manny Lawson, now a free agent, so itís unlikely the 49ers will try to persuade Lawson to return.

Read more at the San Francisco Examiner: http://www.sfexaminer.com/sports/nfl...#ixzz1EobcoVSF
Old 02-23-2011, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good. Lawson was a huge disappointment for me.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:32 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Fangio hasnt been impressed with Lawson??? Hmmmm, I wonder if he's been impressed with Harlason or Brooks??? If so, our defense is in trouble.

Personally, i would re-sign Lawson as he's easily better than Haralson and Brooks. He just needs a pure pass rusher opposite him.

It's looking like our defense is going to be crap in 2011. Lawson, Franklin, Goldson and Spikes all appear to be on the way out with Clements 50/50.