Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 02-25-2011, 10:37 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I know we are all thinking CB with our first pick in April.But I'm wondering will Locker clime high enough this weekend to the number one QB over newton and Gabbert?I mean hes got just about everything going for him right now.I watched the short interview they did on Total access this moring and hes got a HIGH football IQ.He mentioned that his accuracy could be fixed with repetition and his footwork as well.We could always go round two for a descent CB.I'm just saying.
I don't think CB is the clear cut winner right now. Pass rusher is just as big if not bigger. I just personally have Peterson as the #1 prospect, so I lean to corner.

No, i don't think the combine will be enough to vault Locker's stock to the point it was last year. Gabbert's stock is higher, whether you like it or not, and his won't go down by not participating. He'll throw at his pro day, and it will be a sheltered environment where he'll look good - so Locker is playing second, probably third fiddle at this point (behind Newton) and that's almost certainly where it will stay.

More likely that we pick Locker in the 2nd, than the 1st at this point.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:11 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

34 or 43 doesn't matter much to me until we get a passrush. We haven't had a good passrusher or Oline for as long as I can remember, I'm tired of it.
binary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:50 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My preference is Peterson or Miller but I'm increasingly suspicious that Gabbert might be the pick. Scouts seem to absolutely love him and he was Harbaugh's #1 recruit-target. I think Harbaugh does like Alex Smith but perhaps, just perhaps, he made his love-fest so public in hopes of teams not openly expecting them to select a QB at #7.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:29 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
My preference is Peterson or Miller but I'm increasingly suspicious that Gabbert might be the pick. Scouts seem to absolutely love him and he was Harbaugh's #1 recruit-target. I think Harbaugh does like Alex Smith but perhaps, just perhaps, he made his love-fest so public in hopes of teams not openly expecting them to select a QB at #7.
Please god no!I would rather reach for Locker instead.But I must be the only 49er/Locker fan here.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:31 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Mike Silver of Yahoo.com is a former 49ers beat writer and probably still has some good sources inside the organization. Here's what he had to say in an article about Harbaugh and the lockout..

Quote:
Jim Harbaugh’s new coordinators, former Stanford assistants Greg Roman and Vic Fangio, are undoubtedly rooting for a quick settlement. So should be the quarterback the Niners are likely to select with the seventh overall pick. Smith? Not so much.
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?...outshape022411

Granted, its just a throwaway line in his article...but still, it makes you think. And Gabbert is the most likely QB to be picked by us at 7.

BTW, here's what Mayock thinks about Gabbert

Quote:
"I like Gabbert a lot," Mayock said. "He can make every throw, he's a big kid and he's more athletic than people think.
"I've probably seen at least seven of his games and purely on tape, he reminds me of the guys who have done well in the last couple years. He reminds me of (the Rams' Sam) Bradford. He reminds me of (the Falcons') Matt Ryan.

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 02-26-2011 at 02:37 PM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:38 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jim Harbaugh’s new coordinators, former Stanford assistants Greg Roman and Vic Fangio, are undoubtedly rooting for a quick settlement. So should be the quarterback the Niners are likely to select with the seventh overall pick. Smith? Not so much.
Hm good post there 49ers87.I'm still hoping for Locker with that statement it might just happen.WE all know that Smith talk is probably media BS crap or might give time for the new rookie to learn and be the starter next year.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Milk Man
Rookie

Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know we are all thinking CB with our first pick in April.But I'm wondering will Locker clime high enough this weekend to the number one QB over newton and Gabbert?I mean hes got just about everything going for him right now.I watched the short interview they did on Total access this moring and hes got a HIGH football IQ.He mentioned that his accuracy could be fixed with repetition and his footwork as well.We could always go round two for a descent CB.I'm just saying.
Ive been saying the same thing. Anyone who knows about Harbaugh knows a lot of what he looks for is a players mental makeup. Locker isn't accurate, but everything else about him screams Harbaugh to me. Look at how he's praising Alex Smith. Does Alex show great accuracy, no. But he's a good athlete, can throw a nice ball and has the work ethic. Now look at Locker. Even better athlete, better arm, better leadership, better pocket presence. He just needs to improve his footwork which you know he'll put 110% into doing. Based off his production he's certainly not worth the 7th pick (though his supporting cast was terrible). But based on his skills, intangibles and upside he might be. All it takes is one team to fall in love with him and I wouldn't be shocked if that was us.

From a perceived value standpoint id prefer one of the top OLBs or CBs, but you can't put a value on a franchise QB.. And if Harbaugh thinks that's what Locker is then take him at 7.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Miller and Peterson are gone at 7, Locker wouldn't surprise me. with the incoming rookie wage scale/cap, they might be paying him what you would pay what a pick in the 20s made last year.

All that said, I think with free agency coming after the draft, teams go BPA and then fill remaining holes with FA.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:28 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

You guys have no idea how much I love this Locker talk right now!It is getting me all warm and fuzzy inside lol.We all know hes worth a top ten pick just because his foot work i s a little messy.But which QB isn't is in this draft?As far as the top tier goes.I could see the second tier guys might be perfect like Ponder, Stanzi and Dalton I dunno.I would just think like Brent said if PP and Miller are gone might as well grab Locker.Then go CB,DE and rest in the later rounds.Also why are you guys making money such a big deal out of all these FA signings and drafting?I don't get it,the team it self have all kinds of money.I mean its not like WE as fans have to pay for the players.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:33 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You guys have no idea how much I love this Locker talk right now!It is getting me all warm and fuzzy inside lol.
Before you get too excited, reread Milk Man's final thought and replace Locker's name with any QB you might dislike...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk Man View Post
you can't put a value on a franchise QB.. And if Harbaugh thinks that's what Locker is then take him at 7.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:43 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What if,What if Harbaugh does not like any QB this year and like the two next year? Based on what you guys know about him would he trade alot to get either one of the two next year?
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:46 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyz View Post
What if,What if Harbaugh does not like any QB this year and like the two next year? Based on what you guys know about him would he trade alot to get either one of the two next year?
And start David Carr this season? Without a CBA in place before the draft, he'd be the only QB guaranteed to return.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:50 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ive been saying the same thing. Anyone who knows about Harbaugh knows a lot of what he looks for is a players mental makeup. Locker isn't accurate, but everything else about him screams Harbaugh to me. Look at how he's praising Alex Smith. Does Alex show great accuracy, no. But he's a good athlete, can throw a nice ball and has the work ethic. Now look at Locker. Even better athlete, better arm, better leadership, better pocket presence. He just needs to improve his footwork which you know he'll put 110% into doing. Based off his production he's certainly not worth the 7th pick (though his supporting cast was terrible). But based on his skills, intangibles and upside he might be. All it takes is one team to fall in love with him and I wouldn't be shocked if that was us.

From a perceived value standpoint id prefer one of the top OLBs or CBs, but you can't put a value on a franchise QB.. And if Harbaugh thinks that's what Locker is then take him at 7.
Locker is superior to Alex in arm strength and athleticism, that's it. Don't reach.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:52 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
Locker is superior to Alex in arm strength and athleticism, that's it. Don't reach.
Careful. People might deduce support for Alex Smith hidden between the lines of your post. You'll be exiled for eternity.

;)
Old 02-27-2011, 04:33 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still liking the idea of taking Kaepernick in the 3rd-4th round. He can easily be molded into a top QB at the next level. If you look at his completion percentage, it gradually increases and he has all the physical and mental tools that you look for.

You have to look at the value of where these draft picks are taking place. #7 overall is too high for all the QBs in this draft because there is greater talent at other positions.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:15 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You guys have no idea how much I love this Locker talk right now!It is getting me all warm and fuzzy inside lol.We all know hes worth a top ten pick just because his foot work i s a little messy.But which QB isn't is in this draft?As far as the top tier goes.I could see the second tier guys might be perfect like Ponder, Stanzi and Dalton I dunno.I would just think like Brent said if PP and Miller are gone might as well grab Locker.Then go CB,DE and rest in the later rounds.Also why are you guys making money such a big deal out of all these FA signings and drafting?I don't get it,the team it self have all kinds of money.I mean its not like WE as fans have to pay for the players.
We do? I apparently missed that one.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:05 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am View Post
We do? I apparently missed that one.
I think he meant top 10 in the second round.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:15 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
I'm still liking the idea of taking Kaepernick in the 3rd-4th round. He can easily be molded into a top QB at the next level. If you look at his completion percentage, it gradually increases and he has all the physical and mental tools that you look for.

You have to look at the value of where these draft picks are taking place. #7 overall is too high for all the QBs in this draft because there is greater talent at other positions.
I disagree both Newton and Gabbert are top 10 picks and if you can land either QB you have to do it. I remember this board has always been fickle on QBs in the first round for the last few years (dig up old Mark Sanchez theards on here) but their has been a pretty direct correlation between playoff teams and QBs drafted in round 1.

As much as I like Kaepernick/Dalton/Ponder it takes a lot of the right things to fall into place for QBs outside of the first round to have success and even then their shortcomings can still appear (i.e. Chad Henne). I like that with SF finally having an offensive minded coach who knows how to work with QBs, stud RB, Davis and Crabtree it is an idle time to get a QB in the first round to develop. This is not like 2005 all over again in terms of talent and situation of this team.
"When I'm on the field, my one thought is to completely annihilate you and do everything in my power to make you fail. I don't have a single thought about what my hair looks like, what my shoes look like, why my shirt's unbuttoned. I don't care who you are or what you've done in this game. - Brian Wilson
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:04 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
34 or 43 doesn't matter much to me until we get a passrush. We haven't had a good passrusher or Oline for as long as I can remember, I'm tired of it.
....b/c Lawson didn't get it done:

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/2100/manny-lawson

I think they're one of several teams in man-love with Von Miller now for this reason. All the mocks are now saying Peterson, but will he even last that long? Some say he's #1 overall material.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
As much as I like Kaepernick/Dalton/Ponder it takes a lot of the right things to fall into place for QBs outside of the first round to have success and even then their shortcomings can still appear (i.e. Chad Henne).
Maybe Harbaugh doesn't grade Gabbert as a first rounder. The only one, to me, that looks the part of a first rounder (talent/potential-wise) is Newton, but I don't think I'd take him at 7, especially for a WCO offense that's going to rely on the short-to-intermediate passing game (or at least that's the offense we're led to believe is to be implemented).

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:25 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Maybe Harbaugh doesn't grade Gabbert as a first rounder. The only one, to me, that looks the part of a first rounder (talent/potential-wise) is Newton, but I don't think I'd take him at 7, especially for a WCO offense that's going to rely on the short-to-intermediate passing game (or at least that's the offense we're led to believe is to be implemented).

Still havent jumped on the Gabbert bandwagon yet. Everyone raves bout his mobility, but I recall they said the same things about Alex Smith.

He failed even when several OCs customized the SF offense for him to resemble what he had at Utah with the spread, shotgun formation, more audibles, more slants & skinny post routes, etc. And Brent's right, a WC QB he ain't.

It's Peterson or Miller, a defense is needed to hold a lead or keep them in the game while the young OL develops & Crabtree becomes the Next Superstar Gamebreaker. The pass rush has been absent for too long, Franklin can't hold the point of attack, & Willis & Justin Smith can't do it alone.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:41 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Don't disagree that Harbaugh might not grade him out as a first rounder as we have seen with his past scouting reports he is all over the board. My main point was the odds of hitting on a QB outside of round 1 is slim. I just do not agree with the mindset that this team can afford to pass on a 1st round QB because of the Harbaugh factor. Past history has shown it takes a lot of things to fall in line correctly for it to work out and the 49ers have not done a good job covering their bases since the Alex pick.
"When I'm on the field, my one thought is to completely annihilate you and do everything in my power to make you fail. I don't have a single thought about what my hair looks like, what my shoes look like, why my shirt's unbuttoned. I don't care who you are or what you've done in this game. - Brian Wilson
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:58 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
He failed even when several OCs customized the SF offense for him to resemble what he had at Utah
Are you kidding me? When have you seen any read-option??? His best success as a 49ers has come out of play-action (Turner) and Shotgun-3 wide (Raye/Johnson). He has NEVER ran an offense similar to what he did at Utah.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Milk Man
Rookie

Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I disagree. He has much better intangibles and leadership. Alex works hard and says the right things but it doesn't translate to field. He's jittery in the pocket, hangs his head and lacks confidence, doesn't "rally the troops". Locker is the opposite of that. It's not a reach if he became a franchise QB. What the media and fans think about Locker's value doesn't matter. Harbaugh had Romo as a 2nd rounder and David Carr as a 6th rounder. He obviously knows what he's doing and none of us can predict what he's thinking, but i just wouldn't be shocked if Locker was the pick.

http://www.totalfootballstats.com/PlayerQB.asp?id=2790

Look at Joe Montana's college stats. Looks less accurate then Locker. I wasn't alive in 79 but with his average physical traits and those stats im thinking everyone thought Walsh reached on him in the 3rd. How did that work out? No im not calling Locker a future HOFer, I don't even know if he'll be a good NFL passer. Just saying I trust Harbaugh's decision, I like Locker as a player and person, and if we take him ill fully support it.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:34 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Look at Joe Montana's college stats. Looks less accurate then Locker. I wasn't alive in 79 but with his average physical traits and those stats im thinking everyone thought Walsh reached on him in the 3rd. How did that work out? No im not calling Locker a future HOFer, I don't even know if he'll be a good NFL passer. Just saying I trust Harbaugh's decision, I like Locker as a player and person, and if we take him ill fully support it.
Your side of the argument is fair. However, Montana was a 3rd rounder. You can't be a revisionist and say that he should've been a 1st rounder. Devil's advocate can then say that Locker should be a 3rd rounder.

The funny thing is that the vast majority, if not all of us agree that Harbaugh's evaluation history has been spot on. Yet we all argue with each other about who the QB will be. Harbaugh will make the selection and the player will either be one that was loved by some or hated by others.