Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 01-16-2009, 06:28 PM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
1. Everette Brown, OLB Fla State.
2. Phil Loadholdt, OT Oklahoma
3. Patrick Chung, FS Oregon

How's that?
Chung's a strong safety. We need a coverage FS. (I like Rashard Johnson, but I'm not sure he falls to the 3rd) I like Loadhoalt in the second, good value and a good RT prospect, but I'm not so high on an OLB pick in the 1st...
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:50 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

How's that?
In that scenario, i'd replace Chung with Sean Smith from Utah.

I know Scott has him at corner, but he could easily switch to Free.

1. Everette Brown
2. Phil Loadholt
3. Sean Smith

Ideally though, for me it would go:

1. Michael Oher
2. Rashad Johnson
3. Ron Brace/Clay Mathews

although if i had to miss out on Brace, and got Terrence Taylor as a consolation prize ( a round later ) i wouldn't be upset

Last edited by king2am : 01-16-2009 at 07:50 PM. Reason: clarification
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am View Post
3. Ron Brace/Clay Mathews
He seems like such a Singletary guy because of his work ethic.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:10 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
He seems like such a Singletary guy because of his work ethic.
Agreed, you can never have enough of them either.

So I have a question for you gentlemen.

Assuming we miss out on Oher in the first, and loadholt and Johnson are both gone by 10 in the second...

If Herman Johnson is available, would any of you slide Rachal to RT, and plug Johnson in next to him?
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:18 PM    (permalink
woodyx02
Rookie

woodyx02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.woodyx02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Good question i was thinking the same thing. But Chilo played really well towards the end of the year Im not sure i like the idea of moving him. How about taking Kropog instead. If he is gone, as much as this kills me to say, I would wait until round 3 for a T and take Smith or Delmas with the 2nd pick. Also I really doubt Brace lasts until the 3rd round.
woodyx02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:20 PM    (permalink
woodyx02
Rookie

woodyx02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.woodyx02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Also lets not forget that the Niners have something in the neighborhood of $20mil to spend on Free Agents. Im sure they will have one or two of these holes filled by then.

Last edited by woodyx02 : 01-16-2009 at 09:24 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Agreed, you can never have enough of them either.

So I have a question for you gentlemen.

Assuming we miss out on Oher in the first, and loadholt and Johnson are both gone by 10 in the second...

If Herman Johnson is available, would any of you slide Rachal to RT, and plug Johnson in next to him?
Chilo is going to be a pro bowl guard I don't wanna mess with that. Loadholt will be there.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:40 PM    (permalink
will99890
Rookie

will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.

I say leave chilo at RG at try to get loadholt or alex boone to put next to him.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by will99890 View Post
I say leave chilo at RG at try to get loadholt or alex boone to put next to him.
Chilo needs to be moved to the left and Baas to the right those are the more natural fits for both of them. Either of those guys at RT I would be fine with.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:48 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Quote:
No I like keeping Rachal at RG, his ability to pull will be crucial to our running game. Plus, his size and long arms give him the potential to be better at passblocking. Our interior passpro has been the pits in the past couple of years.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:14 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyx02
Also lets not forget that the Niners have something in the neighborhood of $20mil to spend on Free Agents. Im sure they will have one or two of these holes filled by then.
49ers will have to sign at least one starting player because every team is required to hit the minimum spending amount.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 06:32 AM    (permalink
woodyx02
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
49ers will have to sign at least one starting player because every team is required to hit the minimum spending amount.
I was looking at the list of free agents and its kinda sad. Other then the obvious top 10 guys that will most likely get re-signed or get a huge pay day who on here exites anyone?

http://www.ourlads.com/2009fa.cfm
Old 01-17-2009, 09:01 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

there is noody worth signing w/ that kind o money unless it's terrell suggs.
my draft would be:
1. arron curry - olb
2. max unger - c/g/t
3. larry english - de
4. donld brown - rb
5. david bruton - s
6. nathan brown - qb
7. brian hartline - wr
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:05 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
Maybe Nnamdi Asomugha.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:08 AM    (permalink
woodyx02
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
my draft would be:
1. arron curry - olb
2. max unger - c/g/t
3. larry english - de
4. donld brown - rb
5. david bruton - s
6. nathan brown - qb
7. brian hartline - wr
I would only take Curry IF Smith, Monroe, Oher, Raji, Brown and Jenkins are gone. Dont see English lasting that long and even if he does safety cant be ignored until the 5th.

As for Suggs, of course Id love it, anyone would but so would 31 other teams. If it happens Ill jump for joy but im not counting on it.

Last edited by woodyx02 : 01-17-2009 at 09:13 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:11 AM    (permalink
woodyx02
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Maybe Nnamdi Asomugha.
Nnamdi Asomugha is going to command Nate Clements money, I dont see how the Niners can afford to tie that much of their cap into one position. Besides Im exited about Reggie Smith.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After looking at that list of FAs by team the only ones that I think we would have a chance at considering are:

-Leroy Hill, LB, Seattle
-Nate Washington, WR, Pittsburgh
-Marques Harris, LB, San Diego

However, I am not saying we should go after them nor do I necessarily want the Niners to sign these guys. Personally, I just dont see Suggs/Peppers as someone we are going to get.

Old 01-17-2009, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
After looking at that list of FAs by team the only ones that I think we would have a chance at considering are:

-Leroy Hill, LB, Seattle
-Nate Washington, WR, Pittsburgh
-Marques Harris, LB, San Diego

However, I am not saying we should go after them nor do I necessarily want the Niners to sign these guys. Personally, I just dont see Suggs/Peppers as someone we are going to get.
The biggest thing we can do in FA is get our guys back.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
The biggest thing we can do in FA is get our guys back.
No the biggest thing we can do is upgrade where ever possible/logical.

Old 01-17-2009, 01:23 PM    (permalink
goonie61
Rookie

goonie61 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

How's that?
Everette Brown seems like Kamerion Wimbley part II, Im not sure. Does anyone agree??
Old 01-17-2009, 04:22 PM    (permalink
mac510drew

Should The 49ers pick him up from F/A?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9092360/Peppers-won't-sign-long-term-deal-with-Panthers?MSNHPHMA
Old 01-17-2009, 05:09 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyx02 View Post
Nnamdi Asomugha is going to command Nate Clements money, I dont see how the Niners can afford to tie that much of their cap into one position. Besides Im exited about Reggie Smith.
i totally agree
Old 01-17-2009, 05:12 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

Quote:
I would only take Curry IF Smith, Monroe, Oher, Raji, Brown and Jenkins are gone. Dont see English lasting that long and even if he does safety cant be ignored until the 5th.

As for Suggs, of course Id love it, anyone would but so would 31 other teams. If it happens Ill jump for joy but im not counting on it.
cincy, oakland, seattle, kc, or even philly could all jump on ot. raji i'm not sure if he is who i'd take @ 10. jenkins again, there is a few teams who could jump up. the 10 pick looks *****y to me now that none of those guys could be there. i would hate for sing to take someone just for the sake of taking somebody there.
i agree, smith or monroe would be ideal but i like curry.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:52 PM    (permalink
FG4prez
Rookie

FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.
Default Peppers!

more on peppers:
http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/...-panthers.html

essentially he wants to leave the panthers because he wants to play in a 3-4! i would pay him whatever he wants (considering the panthers have already offered him a contract to be the highest nfl player) to put him at OLB. the article compares his role to demarcus ware's. i'll take it.
I think with he and the removal of mark roman, its a top 5 defense in the league instantly.
FG4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 07:09 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What is there to be excited about with Smith. He never even saw the field this season. Have you seen something that i haven't seen? Until he is playing, there is nothing to be excited about.

Potential doesn't mean anything until it is fulfilled.