Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-01-2011, 08:49 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
I think the "reality" to most 49er fans anyways.
...and most 9er fans are what? Exactly. They are dumb as sh**
binary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:09 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Soooo Prince Amukamara just blazed a 4.37, unofficial - not a bad consolation prize at all
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:22 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am View Post
Soooo Prince Amukamara just blazed a 4.37, unofficial - not a bad consolation prize at all
Thank GOD!!! I was concerned. Now the thought of not getting Peterson or Miller isn't quite as scary.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:25 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Thank GOD!!! I was concerned. Now the thought of not getting Peterson or Miller isn't quite as scary.
I know - and he looked JACKED too.

Ras I-Dowling just ran a 4.40 unofficial, which is probably too fast to have him slip to the third.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:37 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know - and he looked JACKED too.

Ras I-Dowling just ran a 4.40 unofficial, which is probably too fast to have him slip to the third.
Still like Dowling better at Safety
Old 03-01-2011, 09:42 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

Quote:
Still like Dowling better at Safety
Probably his better fit - I just think, when healthy he's a baller on the back end.

Tweaked his hammy during that 4.40, so his injury concerns will continue to swirl around this kid. So maybe he does drop a bit on draft day.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:25 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think that's the biggest issue right there. Because it proves you don't dislike him as a player, you just flat out dislike the guy.

If two quarterbacks play average, and one's named Alex Smith and the other's not, and you choose the other, on name alone - that's pathetic.
Couldnt be any further from the truth. I have NO problems with Alex Smith the man. I dont know him other than what he is on a football field. Dont put words into my mouth. Thanks.

My main point was this. I know what to expect from Alex Smith at this point in his NFL career... and that doesnt excite me. I would rather give a younger guy a chance to show what he has. Be that Kolb or Flynn or who the f*** ever. Or even a rookie. Yes I would prefer to throw a rookie in there next year rather than see Smith start for us again.

Definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Thats what I feel like we get by sticking with Alex Smith as our starter for another season.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:28 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
...and most 9er fans are what? Exactly. They are dumb as sh**
Not sure what about my post led to this?
Old 03-01-2011, 10:34 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Not sure what about my post led to this?
I'll put my words into his mouth...

You mentioned "49ers fans" and as he had mentioned .com he's probably disheartened by many of the "fans" reactionary, impulsive, and irrational thoughts on many aspects of the team. I wouldn't call 49ers fans "stupid" because I am one of them and I know many VERY intelligent fans of the team (some on this board) but I get tired of the negativity as well. You can be concerned for the team and its well-being without constantly bad-mouthing them. In fact, I don't know how you can still be considered a fan of the team if the majority of your thoughts on them are bashing them.

"you" and "your" used as a generalization. I'm not speaking of yourself, farfrom.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:49 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

I love the 49ers. I dont believe that I ever bad mouth the team. I've always said that I would prefer that Alex Smith would turn into our Franchise QB but I just dont see that happening anymore. I havent seen that in the past couple of years actually and I automatically get thrown into the "you just hate Alex Smith or the 49ers" group. Thats BS.

And when I mentioned that I could handle another disappointing year with a QB not named Alex Smith than I could with him... I should have explained further what I meant. If we have another disappointing season with Alex and he puts up so-so numbers, what do we gain? Nothing. If we give another young QB or rookie a shot and they put up so-so numbers and we have another disappointing season then I feel like atleast that QB gained starting NFL experience and that that QB will be able to grow and learn from it and we'll be better off in the long run.

Anyways, I'll drop the Alex Smith talk now. Just please dont say that I just "hate" the guy because I want to see a different starting QB for us next year. I feel that change is needed for US and for HIM at this point.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:57 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
I love the 49ers. I dont believe that I ever bad mouth the team. I've always said that I would prefer that Alex Smith would turn into our Franchise QB but I just dont see that happening anymore. I havent seen that in the past couple of years actually and I automatically get thrown into the "you just hate Alex Smith or the 49ers" group. Thats BS.

And when I mentioned that I could handle another disappointing year with a QB not named Alex Smith than I could with him... I should have explained further what I meant. If we have another disappointing season with Alex and he puts up so-so numbers, what do we gain? Nothing. If we give another young QB or rookie a shot and they put up so-so numbers and we have another disappointing season then I feel like atleast that QB gained starting NFL experience and that that QB will be able to grow and learn from it and we'll be better off in the long run.

Anyways, I'll drop the Alex Smith talk now. Just please dont say that I just "hate" the guy because I want to see a different starting QB for us next year. I feel that change is needed for US and for HIM at this point.
I get what you're saying but I'll give the Devil's Advocate side that I think binary is on. I know I reside there a bunch...

You'd prefer the team to struggle with a new QB than struggle with Alex Smith. I get that. 100%. But you should consider this alternative because it's not terribly far-fetched...

I'd prefer the team winning the division and making the playoffs with Alex Smith than struggling with a new QB.

I realize the opposite is also possible.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:15 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This all started b/c people were saying Jake Locker was superior out of college than Alex at things besides arm strength and athleticism, which is just smh ridiculous. Those over-simplified, reactionary observations are exactly the things that bring people to boards like this and away from the massive ones. I just can't take any fan analysis of Alex seriously now that Harbaugh is the coach; I'll let Harbaugh be the judge of that position, and I will continue to scoff at imbecilic fans that think they know more about Alex than Harbaugh b/c "omg it's been 6 yeeeears!!!" This is my last Alex post until the draft.

man this draft is loaded in the top 10, and exactly at positions of need (aside from QB) we are gonna be fine.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:17 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

Quote:
I get what you're saying but I'll give the Devil's Advocate side that I think binary is on. I know I reside there a bunch...

You'd prefer the team to struggle with a new QB than struggle with Alex Smith. I get that. 100%. But you should consider this alternative because it's not terribly far-fetched...

I'd prefer the team winning the division and making the playoffs with Alex Smith than struggling with a new QB.

I realize the opposite is also possible.
If Harbaugh wants Alex Smith to be the QB, let him be the QB; any fan that thinks they know more about the situation is clearly full of it. I've watched enough 49er football to know the effect of good offensive coaching, and I know Alex has had none.

Looking at next year's opponents, this team is probably going to struggle again no matter who we have at QB...so in a sense I get what most fans are thinking, they'd rather see the team struggle with someone other than Alex. But to ask a brand new coach to even think about taking that into consideration? Not realistic. That's where I stand. That's my last Alex Smith post.

Last edited by binary : 03-01-2011 at 11:21 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:17 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

Quote:
Couldnt be any further from the truth. I have NO problems with Alex Smith the man. I dont know him other than what he is on a football field. Dont put words into my mouth. Thanks.

My main point was this. I know what to expect from Alex Smith at this point in his NFL career... and that doesnt excite me. I would rather give a younger guy a chance to show what he has. Be that Kolb or Flynn or who the f*** ever. Or even a rookie. Yes I would prefer to throw a rookie in there next year rather than see Smith start for us again.

Definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Thats what I feel like we get by sticking with Alex Smith as our starter for another season.
That's great. Kolb, Flynn, Rookie, whatever but if you're ok with the same results from them, that you get from Alex which is what you said by saying something along the lines of...

"i'd rather get bad play from a diff qb than bad play from Alex"

I interpret that as something personal against Alex. If you had said, "i'd rather give someone else a chance then have another disspointing year from Alex" - that's different, that implies you believe anyone would play better than him, which is completely different issue. But you didn't - you said same result, different player would be good with you.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:19 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

Quote:

Ok - that is different than what was said before, thank you for the clarification. You can disregard my post above this, didn't see it in time.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Milk Man
Rookie

Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prince was awesome today. With Clements likely to get released soon (he could still come back) I think Prince is the most logical pick at 7. Get Reed or Acho in the 2nd. Dalton or Stanzi in the 3rd. That would be a very solid draft IMO.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:27 PM    (permalink
txparkes49x
Veteran

txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I would be shocked if Amukamara wasn't there at 7.
I agree but i just meant pick Amukamara or trade down. Before Amukamaras pro day i was skeptical, now i redo that statement. AND i say we do pick him at 7. After seeing his combine.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if Peterson and Miller are gone, it has to come down to Quinn and Prince.

of course, there is always the off chance that there is an unexpected slide by someone.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:13 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God dam APril needs to like get here stat already.I was impressed with all the CB backs from today's work out.I wouldn't mind any of them or Miller or Quinn with out 7 pick.IF all those four are gone like the rest of you are saying I say heck with it we either trade down if possible and draft a QB or Daraues he could possible play DE .
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:28 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

Quote:
Ok - that is different than what was said before, thank you for the clarification. You can disregard my post above this, didn't see it in time.
No problem king.

I leave this Saturday for Serbia, will be gone all of March. See you guys in April.

Go Niners!
Old 03-01-2011, 11:42 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
if Peterson and Miller are gone, it has to come down to Quinn and Prince.

of course, there is always the off chance that there is an unexpected slide by someone.
Looking like that guy might be Fairley. I don't see SF picking him but if you told me back in Dec. that the 49ers would be choosing between Quinn, Prince, and, Fairley I would be ecstatic.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:47 PM    (permalink
txparkes49x
Veteran

txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Looking like that guy might be Fairley. I don't see SF picking him but if you told me back in Dec. that the 49ers would be choosing between Quinn, Prince, and, Fairley I would be ecstatic.
Now fairley.. thats a pick id like to see happen haha. but imo if both DBs are gone trade down and try to get Kerrigan or a good pass rusher and get picks. But Dareus, Fairley, and Quinn are all choices too FA needs to happen first too
Old 03-02-2011, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if Fairley would work in a 3-4.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:30 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

9ers now should get Jason Taylor,Any one ? Hes in FA now.I think he would be a fit for us and we wouldn't have to draft a LB.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:12 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
MaioccoCSN 49ers place RFA tenders on OLB Manny Lawson, S Dashon Goldson and DE Ray McDonald, according to sources. Awaiting official word from 49ers.
49ers look to be just covering their bases. It is likely both Goldson and Lawson will become UFA under the new CBA.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote