Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-21-2011, 03:12 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
I thought he played great against one of the best teams in the league.
24/37 (64%) 3 TDs 1 INT 251 Yards and 100.2
Here is the cut up of every pass from the game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C8F0cWvAfo

Like I said above not impressed with his arm but he is a QB that hits on everything Harbaugh looks for. Accurate, mobile, sells the play-action well, and off the chart intangibles.

Flynn also fits a lot of the criteria you look for in past back-ups that have gone onto have long term success in the league. Flynn has sat for a few years, fits the 49ers offense, and coached by a great staff. Not saying I would sell the farm on Flynn but if the other guys price themselves out of the 49ers range Flynn is not a bad fall back plan.
Yes I know I remember that game. To cut him some slack, it was his first start against the best team in the NFL (at the time) away from home. However, he just seemed really erratic and trigger happy. Hopefully all he needs is experience. But really, wouldn't get too excited. We've all seen this story before with guys like Tim Rattay, Billy Volek, Todd Collins, and Damon Huard. Flynn might be the next best thing, but honestly I wouldn't give up more than a fourth round pick for him, and that is if he was available which he isn't. So I guess that ends that.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:55 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thediggler3030 View Post
First Mock of the year, tell me what ya think!

PS I've heard we will get a third 7th as a comp pick, so I included it!

1. Patrick Peterson, LSU, CB
2. Colin Kaepernick, Nevada, QB
3. Chris Carter, Fresno St., OLB
4. Kendrick Ellis, Hampton, NT
4. Deunta Williams, UNC, FS
5. Dwayne Harris, ECU, WR
6. Richard Sherman, Stanford, CB
6. Derek Hall, Stanford, OT
7. Anthony Sherman, UConn., FB
7. Nic Grigsby, Arizona, RB
7. Mario Addison, Troy, OLB
Love your list -- really love me some Ellis, who's being talked about as a 2nd-rounder b/c his stock is skyrocketing now after his workouts, always been high on Deunta Williams & still am despite his injury, he's the free safety young legs they crave to supplement Mays, Harris could be the mid-rd. value WR to play opposite Crabtree in the slot, you've got a lotta UConn Huskies there, you from Connecticut diggler? -- with these slight exceptions:
  • a) Peterson will be long gone by the 7th pick, nobody wants to risk trading talent away in this unstable CBA renegotiation yr to move up, still having said that teams with serious defensive needs like the Houston Texans at #11, the Skins right before them at 10, formidable Dallas with more draft day trades than any other team at 9, + Cleveland & the Cincy Bengals despite their QB desperations, before the 9ers have been rumored to be interested in Peterson, & why not? he's got like a 99% rating -- not that anyone believes anything any team says before the draft in any case. If Harbaugh wants Locker or any other top tier QB, #7 is where he has to pull that trigger, but I don't see him going that direction. Better to take the DE/OLB they've needed opposite Smith for QB pressure, Quinn if they can overlook his missed time last season, or Cam Jordan which would really irk Dallas b/c they're allegedly high on him too, or of course red hot Von Miller who will likely be gone by #7 but if he falls to him that would be pennies from heaven twice in 3 yrs (Crabtree falling into their laps was the 1st penny). Any way you perceive it there will be a jewel impact rookie defensive starter there for Harbaugh at #7 & he knows it full well, just as he knows not to bank on PP.
  • b) Kaepernick in the 2nd? I love his arm & footspeed, mobility would be a welcome relief in the pocket these last 5 yrs after Alex Smith & the fumble-prone JT O'Sullivan, but I think Ponder or Dalton might be better for your textbook pocket passer guy (or even a placeholderfor Luck in 2012? I can dream can't I?).......... just a hunch more than anything. Besides, Kaepernick is too obvious with his exclusive 9er workout at Squaw Valley & the way they gushed over him at Reno on his pro day, & he too could be gone by the early 2nd if the run on QBs everyone is predicting happens in the late 1st.
  • c) Chris Carter in the 3rd -- I know they love Fresno St. Bulldogs in 49erland, but Nevada Wolfpack players are local too, Dontay Moch is slightly smaller but faster than a speeding bullet with his scorching 40 time. Again he could be gone after the recognition he received with his Combine workout, but I would rather have Moch if he's there.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:16 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Yes I know I remember that game. To cut him some slack, it was his first start against the best team in the NFL (at the time) away from home. However, he just seemed really erratic and trigger happy. Hopefully all he needs is experience. But really, wouldn't get too excited. We've all seen this story before with guys like Tim Rattay, Billy Volek, Todd Collins, and Damon Huard. Flynn might be the next best thing, but honestly I wouldn't give up more than a fourth round pick for him, and that is if he was available which he isn't. So I guess that ends that.
Erratic and trigger happy??? Come on man. He didnt seem erratic at all after watching that video and he was pressured on almost every pass attempt. As for being trigger happy, GB didnt have a running game until the end of the season and in the playoffs so what else would you expect him to do? Hand it off?

He's very accurate and thats what matters most in the WCO but yet, he can still gun it when he has to. Flynn is easily a better prospect in regards to being a franchise QB than Kolb would be. After all, a year after trading away McNabb so Kolb could be franchise QB, Reid now wants to trade him? Of course, it makes sense since his value is high and he'll be an UFA in 2012 but I also think that Reid is willing to trade Kolb because he no longer has any confidence in him and that says more to me to anything anyone says.

Either way, I would offer a 3rd for Flynn, take it or leave it. And in no way, shape or form would I trade anything higher than a 3rd for Kolb either because unlike Flynn, he's concussion prone and quite honestly, he's not that good. If anything, he's average at best. Reid wants a first rounder for Kolb and I sincerely hope that if he gets that first rounder, its not from us because I'll be super pissed.

Also, I think Flynn is a better fit for us and I also dont like Kolb mouthing off saying he wants to be a starter and all that. He had his chance at being the franchise QB in Philly and even when healthy, still couldnt even beat out Vick. Sorry, but I have no interest in Kolb whatsoever. Let the Seahawks and Cardinals give up their first rounder for him. That will only help us.

And as far as McCarthy saying Flynn isnt going anywhere, give me a break. Anything anyone says is more full of crap than poetry especially around draft time. If the Packers get at least a 3rd for Flynn, he's as good as gone.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:21 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Almost forgot..........Rattay wasnt a bad QB and you can see that from when he played in 2003 but what did you expect him to do in 2004 after his starting RB, both starting WR's, starting LT and starting RG were all let go in the off-season? Plus, add in the fact that the starting C Newberry missed the entire season and well, he sure as hell wasnt going to do a damn thing.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:27 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
I thought he played great against one of the best teams in the league.
24/37 (64%) 3 TDs 1 INT 251 Yards and 100.2
Here is the cut up of every pass from the game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C8F0cWvAfo

Like I said above not impressed with his arm strength but he is a QB that hits on everything Harbaugh looks for. Accurate, mobile, sells the play-action well, and off the chart intangibles.

Flynn also fits a lot of the criteria you look for in past back-ups that have gone onto have long term success in the league. Flynn has sat for a few years, fits the 49ers offense, and coached by a great staff. Not saying I would sell the farm on Flynn but if the other guys price themselves out of the 49ers range Flynn is not a bad fall back plan.
I think both Flynn and Kolb would fit in with the WCO that Harbaugh is going to run but I dont think Kolb is as good as people think he is. Personally, I think he's overrated but thats just me.

I wouldnt give up more than a 3rd for either but rather have Flynn easily. Eagles want a first rounder and rumor has it that a team is actually willing to give up a first rounder for him but that Reid wants a higher first rounder. My guess would be SEA who's in the 20's somewhere. No way in hell would I trade my 7th overall draft pick (or even a 2nd rounder) to PHI for Kolb.

Plus, the last time we traded for a player from PHI, it was DE Brandon Whiting. How did that work out for us??? I say stay far far away from Philly.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:33 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post

...I also dont like Kolb mouthing off saying he wants to be a starter and all that.

...still couldnt even beat out Vick.
You want the guy to say that he's ok to be a back-up QB after playing out his original contract? Come on.

Not many QB's in the NFL could have beat out Mike Vick for a starting job last year.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
You want the guy to say that he's ok to be a back-up QB after playing out his original contract? Come on.

Not many QB's in the NFL could have beat out Mike Vick for a starting job last year.
Dont like the fact that he's basically mouthing off to the media yet no one sees a problem with it but if that was T.O., forget about it. But unlike T.O., Kolb hasnt done a damn thing worthy of mouthing off and it was his job to lose and he lost it not once but twice. Sorry, he sucks, is a whiner and I dont want that guy. Let him go to ARZ or SEA. That way, our secondary can finally get some INTs.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Plus, the last time we traded for a player from PHI, it was DE Brandon Whiting. How did that work out for us??? I say stay far far away from Philly.
Dude, enough with the T.O. trade to Philly for Brandon Whiting. First of all, do you not remember the circumstances behind that deal? You know that Owens' agent screwed up the paperwork and T.O. technically wasn't able to file for free agency, making him 49er property? You understand that T.O. is a petulant little child that despite the fact the 9ers could have theoretically keep him, they wouldn't let a piece of **** like him ruin the franchise by keeping him around? So, you understand that anything they were able to get for him was basically for free? Stop bashing the team for getting something for nothing. Oh, and by the way, you know that the 9ers also got a 3rd round pick as well as Whiting right?
Old 03-21-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Love your list -- really love me some Ellis, who's being talked about as a 2nd-rounder b/c his stock is skyrocketing now after his workouts, always been high on Deunta Williams & still am despite his injury, he's the free safety young legs they crave to supplement Mays, Harris could be the mid-rd. value WR to play opposite Crabtree in the slot, you've got a lotta UConn Huskies there, you from Connecticut diggler? -- with these slight exceptions:
  • a) Peterson will be long gone by the 7th pick, nobody wants to risk trading talent away in this unstable CBA renegotiation yr to move up, still having said that teams with serious defensive needs like the Houston Texans at #11, the Skins right before them at 10, formidable Dallas with more draft day trades than any other team at 9, + Cleveland & the Cincy Bengals despite their QB desperations, before the 9ers have been rumored to be interested in Peterson, & why not? he's got like a 99% rating -- not that anyone believes anything any team says before the draft in any case. If Harbaugh wants Locker or any other top tier QB, #7 is where he has to pull that trigger, but I don't see him going that direction. Better to take the DE/OLB they've needed opposite Smith for QB pressure, Quinn if they can overlook his missed time last season, or Cam Jordan which would really irk Dallas b/c they're allegedly high on him too, or of course red hot Von Miller who will likely be gone by #7 but if he falls to him that would be pennies from heaven twice in 3 yrs (Crabtree falling into their laps was the 1st penny). Any way you perceive it there will be a jewel impact rookie defensive starter there for Harbaugh at #7 & he knows it full well, just as he knows not to bank on PP.
  • b) Kaepernick in the 2nd? I love his arm & footspeed, mobility would be a welcome relief in the pocket these last 5 yrs after Alex Smith & the fumble-prone JT O'Sullivan, but I think Ponder or Dalton might be better for your textbook pocket passer guy (or even a placeholderfor Luck in 2012? I can dream can't I?).......... just a hunch more than anything. Besides, Kaepernick is too obvious with his exclusive 9er workout at Squaw Valley & the way they gushed over him at Reno on his pro day, & he too could be gone by the early 2nd if the run on QBs everyone is predicting happens in the late 1st.
  • c) Chris Carter in the 3rd -- I know they love Fresno St. Bulldogs in 49erland, but Nevada Wolfpack players are local too, Dontay Moch is slightly smaller but faster than a speeding bullet with his scorching 40 time. Again he could be gone after the recognition he received with his Combine workout, but I would rather have Moch if he's there.
A. I like Peterson, I agree he may be gone by the 7th pick. I would be just as happy with prince though, so this mock would be fine with Amukamura at the top as well.

I would be fine with an OLB/DE at 7 as well, but I doubt Miller is there and I'm weary on Quinn. I would rather Prince than Quinn. I rank it like this: Dareus, Peterson, Miller, Prince, Quinn, Jordan. Not counting QB's.

B. I picked Kaepernick for a reason. I'm assuming if we wait until round 2 we will be pick from a list that does not include Newton, Gabbert, Locker, Mallett and Ponder. I think those 5 will be gone. I would be fine with any of them to say the truth, as long as Harbaugh got his guy. Kaepernick just has the highest upside, and if Jim thinks he can play in his offense than I would be very happy.

Long story short on the Kaepernick pick, I would LOVE to see Harbaugh develop him, but I will be happy with any QB we pick, for the sole reason that we FINALLY have someone who knows how to develop whoever we take!

C. One reason I am fine with taking a CB in round 1 is because the passrusher depth is really good this year. Moch would be fine, but I picked Carter over him for a few reasons:
1. I think someone will reach for Moch in round 2, Raiders? :D
2. Carter has a more developed passrush repertoire than Moch. Moch is a speedrusher that is too dependent on his agility. Carter is better at disengaging from blockers.
3. Carter has experience at LB.

I would be fine with Carter or Moch though, both would bring some athleticism to our passrush!
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:33 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Dude, enough with the T.O. trade to Philly for Brandon Whiting. First of all, do you not remember the circumstances behind that deal? You know that Owens' agent screwed up the paperwork and T.O. technically wasn't able to file for free agency, making him 49er property? You understand that T.O. is a petulant little child that despite the fact the 9ers could have theoretically keep him, they wouldn't let a piece of **** like him ruin the franchise by keeping him around? So, you understand that anything they were able to get for him was basically for free? Stop bashing the team for getting something for nothing. Oh, and by the way, you know that the 9ers also got a 3rd round pick as well as Whiting right?
I remember all of that. I also remember the 49ers having a trade worked out with the Ravens yet T.O. didnt want to go there and the 49ers gave in to him so while he was still under contract with the 49ers, management decided to help him get traded to Philly instead.

Oh please, give me a break that T.O. ruins franchises. He doesnt. He's just used as the scapegoat and who gives a crap if he's a little child, he's still the last best receiver we had and I seriously doubt that you were bitching when he was scoring TD's and winning us games so dont give me that crap. And im not bashing the team for trading Owens to Philly, im bashing them for trading him for nothing. I would have kept him. He could have bitched all he wanted and quite honestly, if you look at his stats in 2005 when he and McNabb werent getting along, he was on pace to possibly break records so just imagine if he and McNabb were getting along and if McNabb wasnt playing injured.

Quite honestly, I dont give a damn about Owens mouthing off or pissing people off. All I cared about was how he played on the field because thats what he's getting paid for. And after Rice, he was the 49ers second best receiver in history thus far and speaking of receivers, Crabtree held out before finally signing his rookie contract and last off-season, barely if at all participated in training camp due to some bullcrap injury and didnt play in -pre-season because of that bullcrap injury. He's basically a diva but yet I dont see you bitching about him.

Not only that and I'll be the first to admit that Owens is an asshole but seriously, who the **** cares??? He's not being paid millions to be nice or kiss ass. He's being paid millions like everyone else is - to play football, make plays and win football games for the team that he's on. His work ethic is easily the best in the league whether anyone agrees with it or not or whether anyone likes it or not. And on gameday, you know he came to play 100% and to win. Ever notice how Owens never got pissed when he was winning? Wanting and having the desire and will to win is what he has and thats what I care about. Does he want to be paid more than he's worth? Of course he does but thats every player so no big deal.

We havent been in the playoffs since the 2002 season. Maybe if we had some more players like T.O. who actually give a damn about winning, maybe the team still wouldnt be a shell of their former self. So, you can ***** about Owens being this or being that but the bottom line is that he was and still is one hell of a receiver and a player that helped us win games and to me, in the end, thats all the hell that should count.

If it was up to me, I wouldnt give a damn about all this other bullcrap especially when so many players get arrested for drugs, murder, domestic violence, DUI's and whatever else and when you compare Owens to all of those players, Owens being an asshole shouldnt even be a concern. If anything, its nothing to even be concerned about and if thats something you disagree with, then you're screwed up and need some professional certified help.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:50 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Almost forgot..............what third rounder? The 49ers traded their 2005 4th and 6th rounders for the Eagles third rounder in the 2005 draft. It was never part of the original trade so basically, we traded Owens for DE Brandon Whiting. Yeah, what a great trade. Give me a break.

We were originally going to receive the Ravens 2nd rounder in 2004 but that was returned to them after the trade was nulified. Dont know about anyone else but rather have had the 2nd rounder instead of Whiting but of course, thats just me and my own personal opinion.

I'm sure you were happy to have Whiting instead of the second rounder or just keeping Owens and if thats true, I wouldnt be surprised one bit.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Almost forgot..............what third rounder? The 49ers traded their 2005 4th and 6th rounders for the Eagles third rounder in the 2005 draft. It was never part of the original trade so basically, we traded Owens for DE Brandon Whiting. Yeah, what a great trade. Give me a break.

We were originally going to receive the Ravens 2nd rounder in 2004 but that was returned to them after the trade was nulified. Dont know about anyone else but rather have had the 2nd rounder instead of Whiting but of course, thats just me and my own personal opinion.

I'm sure you were happy to have Whiting instead of the second rounder or just keeping Owens and if thats true, I wouldnt be surprised one bit.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1760284
Above is a link to the trade when it happen. Union filed grievance after TO's agent botched the papers. At the time most believed the arbitrator was going to rule that TO was going to become a free agent so SF was lucky to get anything for him. Also don't forget Terry Donahue was GM at the time so I doubt he would have accomplished anything meaningful anyways.

I don't see the parallel between Kolb and TO. TO has had numerous run-ins with coaches and players at every place he has played. Great player but his past history has shown he has burned bridges with most of the teams he has played with. I really don't see any problem with Kolb asking for a trade. He did not cause any problems in Philly during the season when he lost his job to Vick and waited till the offseason to voice it. Most accounts from Philly writers is that he is a close friend of Vick and in no way tried to rock the boat after losing his job.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:09 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In the end it is probably going to be a moot point on Kolb. A team has already offered a first rounder for Kolb, via Peter King, and Maiocco says it is "unlikely" the 49ers end up with him. Carson Palmer may be the best target. I got a feeling the Bengals will move him after the draft......then again they are owned by Mike Brown.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:20 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
His work ethic is easily the best in the league whether anyone agrees with it or not or whether anyone likes it or not.

We havent been in the playoffs since the 2002 season. Maybe if we had some more players like T.O. who actually give a damn about winning, maybe the team still wouldnt be a shell of their former self. .
Wow.

Dan, I love professional football. I'm one of those 'weird' guys who actually likes it more than college football. I have my favorite team (obviously) and my favorite players - but even with my homer glasses on, I wouldn't claim someones work ethic to be the best in the league.

Ray Lewis? Peyton Manning? (any elite quarterback)?

Or, for the sake of your 'favorite' team.... Patrick Willis? Vernon Davis? Frank Gore?

Seriously? Are you ******* kidding me?

And yes, if only we had players on our 53 man roster that wanted to win. Gosh, where do we find professional football players that want to win, instead of the guys we have on our team who just want to collect their paycheck, and their ok losing.

And to go back to the, 'don't trade with the Eagles because look what happened last time'. Really? Because every trade with the Eagles will involve your favorite player for a crummy one? But this is coming from the same guy who believes the only way to win in the NFL is by running the WCO and nothing else.

If we:
Only run the WCO and
Never trade with the Eagles and
Sign TO and
Go after every single big name FA to hit the market and
Find some players that actually want to win, instead of the ones we have that enjoy losing

THEN WE WILL BE A GOOD TEAM

4949 Centennial Boulevard Santa Clara, CA 95054 <---- Jim Harbaugh is waiting
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:38 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1760284
Above is a link to the trade when it happen. Union filed grievance after TO's agent botched the papers. At the time most believed the arbitrator was going to rule that TO was going to become a free agent so SF was lucky to get anything for him. Also don't forget Terry Donahue was GM at the time so I doubt he would have accomplished anything meaningful anyways.

I don't see the parallel between Kolb and TO. TO has had numerous run-ins with coaches and players at every place he has played. Great player but his past history has shown he has burned bridges with most of the teams he has played with. I really don't see any problem with Kolb asking for a trade. He did not cause any problems in Philly during the season when he lost his job to Vick and waited till the offseason to voice it. Most accounts from Philly writers is that he is a close friend of Vick and in no way tried to rock the boat after losing his job.
We were originally going to get a 5th rounder and Thrash from Philly but BAL offered a 2nd rounder and PHI didnt want to match it but because Owens didnt want to go to BAL, the entire trade was nulified and we received Whiting instead. There's nothing there about us getting a 3rd rounder.

I agree with you about Donahue but he should have been forceful in regards to the trade with BAL or allow Owens to become an UFA despite his agent screwing up and get at least a 3rd rounder in compensation which would have been better than getting Whiting who barely played so in a way, we did get nothing in return.

Owens burning bridges is such crap because he's always the scapegoat regardless of whether or not he's in the wrong. The only comparison im making between Owens and Kolb is that Kolb is mouthing off to the media about wanting to be traded and being a starter. If Owens did that, everyone would say, why didnt he do that behind closed doors but yet, Kolb does the same thing and no one mentions it. It's a double standard and thats bullcrap because Owens is only made to look worse because of his attitude yet we have players far worse and less talented who get away with stuff and people seem to forget about it.

Quote:
In the end it is probably going to be a moot point on Kolb. A team has already offered a first rounder for Kolb, via Peter King, and Maiocco says it is "unlikely" the 49ers end up with him. Carson Palmer may be the best target. I got a feeling the Bengals will move him after the draft......then again they are owned by Mike Brown.
I hope thats true about Kolb since I dont want him period. Dont want Palmer either.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:05 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am View Post
Wow.

Dan, I love professional football. I'm one of those 'weird' guys who actually likes it more than college football. I have my favorite team (obviously) and my favorite players - but even with my homer glasses on, I wouldn't claim someones work ethic to be the best in the league.

Ray Lewis? Peyton Manning? (any elite quarterback)?

Or, for the sake of your 'favorite' team.... Patrick Willis? Vernon Davis? Frank Gore?

And yes, if only we had players on our 53 man roster that wanted to win. Gosh, where do we find professional football players that want to win, instead of the guys we have on our team who just want to collect their paycheck, and their ok losing.

And to go back to the, 'don't trade with the Eagles because look what happened last time'. Really? Because every trade with the Eagles will involve your favorite player for a crummy one? But this is coming from the same guy who believes the only way to win in the NFL is by running the WCO and nothing else.

If we:
Only run the WCO and
Never trade with the Eagles and
Sign TO and
Go after every single big name FA to hit the market and
Find some players that actually want to win, instead of the ones we have that enjoy losing

THEN WE WILL BE A GOOD TEAM

4949 Centennial Boulevard Santa Clara, CA 95054 <---- Jim Harbaugh is waiting
Sorry but considering Owens age and the condition he keeps his body in year in and year out, I say he has the best work ethic of them all and when he plays, he plays all out and you know it. I dont remember the game but there was one game where he had leg cramps and had treatment on the sideline while the defense was on the field. Most players would be on the sideline for the rest of the damn game not willing to risk further injury. Owens coming back from a broken fibula to play in the SB seven weeks later just proves his worth ethic is the best. Majority of players get a strained hamstring and milk it for weeks if not longer.

And you're using Lewis (a possible murderer) and Manning (who decided to sit on a female reporter's face back in college with his bare ass plus blamed his OL for the loss to PIT a few years ago and blamed Wayne for his game ending INT to NO) as examples? Come on, give me a break.

I'll give you Willis and Gore but Davis? It took Singletary sending him to the locker room for him to finally play up to his skill, talent and potential.

You're delusional if you think every player cares more about winning than they do about getting their paychecks. Think of the players we've had and even currently have that take plays off, never played up to their skill and talent. You can look at Crabtree who has a lot of skill and talent but let's be honest, his work ethic ******* sucks and until that improves, he'll never be the dominant playmaking WR he should become with or without a franchise QB.

I wouldnt trade with PHI because I wouldnt want Kolb and because there's no way in hell I would trade away more thn 3rd for him anyway. Using the Owens trade to PHI is my third reason as to why I wouldnt make any trades with PHI. Think about it, we trade a five star caliber player for an injury prone DE who barely played for us and then retired due to injury. No way in hell do I trade the 7th overall draft pick who would be younger and have far more potential than Kolb.

And I said the ONLY way we'll get back to winning is by getting back to the basics that made this franchise great and Harbaugh is doing just that. I havent mentioned signing T.O. since before McNabb signed his extension in WSH. And the funny thing is that if we did sign T.O., he automatically becomes our best WR whether anyone wants to admit it or not.

I dont want every big name free agent. For this off-season, I wanted Atogwe and currently want RB Darren Sproles and CB richard Marshall. Three free agents which is now two. How is that every big name UFA? Yeah, I would try to acquire Flynn and Josh Johnson via trade but since they're not UFA's, they technically dont count.

And having players who want to win and having players that show that they want to win is two different things. Dont get them confused.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And you're using Lewis (a possible murderer) and Manning (who decided to sit on a female reporter's face back in college with his bare ass plus blamed his OL for the loss to PIT a few years ago and blamed Wayne for his game ending INT to NO) as examples? Come on, give me a break.
TO accused Jeff Garcia of being a homosexual. Jeff Garcia is married to a former Playboy playmate.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
We were originally going to get a 5th rounder and Thrash from Philly but BAL offered a 2nd rounder and PHI didnt want to match it but because Owens didnt want to go to BAL, the entire trade was nulified and we received Whiting instead. There's nothing there about us getting a 3rd rounder.

I agree with you about Donahue but he should have been forceful in regards to the trade with BAL or allow Owens to become an UFA despite his agent screwing up and get at least a 3rd rounder in compensation which would have been better than getting Whiting who barely played so in a way, we did get nothing in return.
I never said anything about a third and no matter how much Donahue kicked and screamed he was up against the union and a seperate arbitrator. They were not winning that case and as much as I hated what SF got in return they were lucky they weren't left in the dust with nothing.

Quote:
Owens burning bridges is such crap because he's always the scapegoat regardless of whether or not he's in the wrong.
I will say that he got unfairly scapegoated here. I know a lot of people will disagree with me here but I feel the 49ers used Owens big time to cover up a lot of the front office problems. But Owens was at fault as well. Not trying to go Skip Bayless here but incidents off the top of my head involving TO:
- Questioned head coaches killer instinct to media.
- Openly questioned why Garcia was starter and not Rattay and questioned his sexuality
- Chewed out Greg Knapp on the sidelines
- The whole McNabb feud
- Got into fist fight with team leader Hugh Douglas
- Tried to turn whole WR core in Dallas against Tony Romo by claiming he threw only Whitten
- Wanted Fitz over Trent Edwards (He was right in this case though)

"Scapegoated?" I think he has done a great job of establishing a nice record of bad history. As you said above great work ethic but he has the ability to pull teams down with his conduct.

Quote:
The only comparison im making between Owens and Kolb is that Kolb is mouthing off to the media about wanting to be traded and being a starter. If Owens did that, everyone would say, why didnt he do that behind closed doors but yet, Kolb does the same thing and no one mentions it. It's a double standard and thats bullcrap because Owens is only made to look worse because of his attitude yet we have players far worse and less talented who get away with stuff and people seem to forget about it.
Past history comes into play. I think if Kolb had repeatedly done it Farve style then there would be an outcry but like I said he waited till the season ended and he was a good solider during his season with the Eagles.

Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? : 03-21-2011 at 08:19 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:19 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sorry but considering Owens age and the condition he keeps his body in year in and year out, I say he has the best work ethic of them all and when he plays, he plays all out and you know it. I dont remember the game but there was one game where he had leg cramps and had treatment on the sideline while the defense was on the field. Most players would be on the sideline for the rest of the damn game not willing to risk further injury. Owens coming back from a broken fibula to play in the SB seven weeks later just proves his worth ethic is the best. Majority of players get a strained hamstring and milk it for weeks if not longer.

I'll give you Willis and Gore but Davis? It took Singletary sending him to the locker room for him to finally play up to his skill, talent and potential.

You're delusional if you think every player cares more about winning than they do about getting their paychecks. Think of the players we've had and even currently have that take plays off, never played up to their skill and talent. You can look at Crabtree who has a lot of skill and talent but let's be honest, his work ethic ******* sucks and until that improves, he'll never be the dominant playmaking WR he should become with or without a franchise QB.

I wouldnt trade with PHI because I wouldnt want Kolb and because there's no way in hell I would trade away more thn 3rd for him anyway. Using the Owens trade to PHI is my third reason as to why I wouldnt make any trades with PHI. Think about it, we trade a five star caliber player for an injury prone DE who barely played for us and then retired due to injury. No way in hell do I trade the 7th overall draft pick who would be younger and have far more potential than Kolb.

And I said the ONLY way we'll get back to winning is by getting back to the basics that made this franchise great and Harbaugh is doing just that. I havent mentioned signing T.O. since before McNabb signed his extension in WSH. And the funny thing is that if we did sign T.O., he automatically becomes our best WR whether anyone wants to admit it or not.

I dont want every big name free agent. For this off-season, I wanted Atogwe and currently want RB Darren Sproles and CB richard Marshall. Three free agents which is now two. How is that every big name UFA? Yeah, I would try to acquire Flynn and Josh Johnson via trade but since they're not UFA's, they technically dont count.

And having players who want to win and having players that show that they want to win is two different things. Dont get them confused.
Ray Lewis' legal past has NOTHING to do with his work ethic.Peyton Manning blaming his offensive line, or doing whatever he did in college has NOTHING to do with his work ethic.

You understand that ^ right?

I am certain that I never said every player cares more about winning than the paycheck. I, unlike you, do not use such a wide brush stroke with my eyes closed when making statements like that. How long do you think you'd last walking into the locker room and making that statement? I'd put the over/under at 3 seconds. Crabtree? Yeah, the dude held out for about a million days and I was pissed. Prima dona? You betcha. Satisfied with just collecting the check, and putting another L in the column? Your assumption that the players on the 49ers roster are, for the majority, greedy punks who don't care about winning - is insane.

Not wanting Kolb? That's fine dude. I think Kolb's okay, but I, like you, would never trade a 1 or a 2 for him. However, there's nobody a part of the organization now, that was there for the making of that deal - so what makes you think using that trade way back then is a legitimate reason? Seriously?

Indianapolis should only draft players from Tennessee and New England should only draft quarterbacks with picks in the 6th round...

Yes, Harbaugh is running the WCO - but to think it's the only way to win in the NFL just because our team is located in San Francisco, is ... about as smart as the other **** you've said.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:31 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Question are teams allowed to trade future draft picks? I am under the assumption that only draft picks from this class can be dealt for one another. Is that correct?

NE looking to move either of their 1st round picks:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...medium=twitter

SF has past trade history with them. Could be the best spot to move up and grab one of the QBs.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I get off work, I'll be debuting a new Dan-inspired meme. Stay tuned.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Question are teams allowed to trade future draft picks? I am under the assumption that only draft picks from this class can be dealt for one another. Is that correct?

NE looking to move either of their 1st round picks:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...medium=twitter

SF has past trade history with them. Could be the best spot to move up and grab one of the QBs.
Chris Mortensen - Are 2012 picks available for trading this year? >> yes, league has told teams future picks traded at own risk

Some reports have said that there is a possibility of no 2012 NFL Draft due to the antitrust litigation.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:38 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK guys there is a group mock going in the forum on the fansty section here is how i have SF going so far. I'm either taking a FB,CB or WR with the next four round pick.What do u all think?

7. San Francisco 49ers - Von Miller, OLB Texas A&M
45. San Francisco 49ers - Mike Pouncey, OG Florida
76. San Fransisco 49ers - Andy Dalton, QB TCU
107. San Francisco 49ers - Mark Herzlich, ILB Boston College

I think if Locker falls to the NE pick in round round and we trade up,I would die happy!
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:24 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
TO accused Jeff Garcia of being a homosexual. Jeff Garcia is married to a former Playboy playmate.
I never said that Owens wasnt an asshole. All im saying is that ability > personality especially when you're winning which we havent done since 2002. And being married doesnt mean a damn thing and you know it.

Quote:
I never said anything about a third and no matter how much Donahue kicked and screamed he was up against the union and a seperate arbitrator. They were not winning that case and as much as I hated what SF got in return they were lucky they weren't left in the dust with nothing.

I will say that he got unfairly scapegoated here. I know a lot of people will disagree with me here but I feel the 49ers used Owens big time to cover up a lot of the front office problems. But Owens was at fault as well. Not trying to go Skip Bayless here but incidents off the top of my head involving TO:
- Questioned head coaches killer instinct to media.
- Openly questioned why Garcia was starter and not Rattay and questioned his sexuality
- Chewed out Greg Knapp on the sidelines
- The whole McNabb feud
- Got into fist fight with team leader Hugh Douglas
- Tried to turn whole WR core in Dallas against Tony Romo by claiming he threw only Whitten
- Wanted Fitz over Trent Edwards (He was right in this case though)

"Scapegoated?" I think he has done a great job of establishing a nice record of bad history. As you said above great work ethic but he has the ability to pull teams down with his conduct.

Past history comes into play. I think if Kolb had repeatedly done it Farve style then there would be an outcry but like I said he waited till the season ended and he was a good solider during his season with the Eagles.
Donahue should have just lost the case and waited until 2005 for the compensation pick which couldnt have turned out any worse than acquiring Whiting.

-I agree with Owens in regards to Mariucci's lack of a killer instinct. You can look at the season finale in 2002 against the Rams and other games too but thats the main one I can think of. You need a killer instinct because if you dont have it, you wont win. Being aggressive may turn out in a loss due to mistakes but I would much rather see the team be aggressive and have that killer instinct as opposed to just going through the motions and hoping to hold on for a cheap win. In other words, go out and take the win instead of hoping it will come to you.

-For 2003, I agree with Owens. Garcia played the season injured and missed games. If Rattay was 100% healthy, why wouldnt you start a healthy Rattay over an injured Garcia? Dont give a crap about his *** comments and being married doesnt mean a damn thing which im sure you'll agree with.

-Didnt Knapp also get chewed out in ATL or something too? As for SF, I think you're talking about the Vikings loss in 2003 and quite honestly, I would have been yelling and screaming at everyone. But this proves one of my points - Owens only gets pissed when he loses which is good because he wants to win and is obsessed by it. Excluding any legal trouble, give me a player like that and I'll take him every time.

-The whole McNabb feud was on Owens but I do agree with him in regards to McNabb puking during the SB and not being able to suck it up for four hours. If I was Owens and worked my ass off to come back from a broken fibula to put on an MVP type performance yet my hundred million dollar QB cant suck it up for four hours because of the flu, I would be pissed off too. Anyone who's Owens should be.

And the contract Owens signed in Philly had a $7.5m roster bonus due in March 2006. Even if Owens was a Saint in 2005, he would have been gone either way as anyone who saw that contract knew that it was a two year run maximum.

-Thats ALL on Douglas. He wasnt even on the team roster anymore and went into the room where Owens was in the tub healing whatever injury he had at the time and Douglas is the one who started that **** and was sent in there by management so they would have an excuse to suspend Owens. Douglas said Owens was faking his injury and yeah, if I was T.O., I would have jumped out of that tub, put on a pair of sneakers and kicked his ass while I was naked. How Douglas could think he was faking or milking his injury despite putting up 47 rec, 763 yds and 6 tds in 7 games is beyond me. Sorry, but thats all on Douglas and the team for setting Owens up. Anyone who doesnt think thats what happened or that its possible is delusional. They know Owens is emotional and gets pissed off easily and Douglas and management took advantage of that but of course, there's nothing wrong with that, right?

-Dont agree with what he said about Romo considering his stats in his three seasons in DAL but I do think that he was still pissed off about Romo caring more about going on vacation with Simpson during that bye week instead of preparing and working for the home divisional game. Thats a perfect example of a player who doesnt have the work ethic he should or desire to win and be the best.

- Who and who??? LOL. Fitz had the better arm but that entire team sucked. Owens in BUF was like Moss in OAK in 2005 or 2006. Forgot which was his worse season.

Owens is an asshole but a few of the above things are debateable. The only one I will truly agree with is the Romo crap since Owens stats prove otherwise. The rest is either 50/50, on the other person (like Douglas) or just doesnt make any sense like not starting a healthy Rattay over an injured Garcia especially when they knew they were going to release Garcia after the 2003 season if he didnt take a paycut.

But whatever, I never said Owens wasnt an asshole. I personally just dont give a damn about that. All I would care about is him putting up good stats which in turn will help the team win games and he's already proven that he can.

To each his/her own though.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:26 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
OK guys there is a group mock going in the forum on the fansty section here is how i have SF going so far. I'm either taking a FB,CB or WR with the next four round pick.What do u all think?

7. San Francisco 49ers - Von Miller, OLB Texas A&M
45. San Francisco 49ers - Mike Pouncey, OG Florida
76. San Fransisco 49ers - Andy Dalton, QB TCU
107. San Francisco 49ers - Mark Herzlich, ILB Boston College

I think if Locker falls to the NE pick in round round and we trade up,I would die happy!
Thats pretty damn good but no wa in hell will Pouncey last to 45 in reality but I actually like that mock draft. As for next position, I say the best NT available followed by CB.