Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-22-2011, 09:40 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dan,
Yea I hear you about Pouncey not lasting until our second round but you just never know.It just may happen.I would have taken a CB there but couldn't resit on taking Puncey there instead since our whole line could be a solid one in years to come with that pick.I went with the FB from Standford for our 4th second pick.
49erNation85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:48 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
OK guys there is a group mock going in the forum on the fansty section here is how i have SF going so far. I'm either taking a FB,CB or WR with the next four round pick.What do u all think?

7. San Francisco 49ers - Von Miller, OLB Texas A&M
45. San Francisco 49ers - Mike Pouncey, OG Florida
76. San Fransisco 49ers - Andy Dalton, QB TCU
107. San Francisco 49ers - Mark Herzlich, ILB Boston College
Love the 1st three, although Pouncey and Dalton won't make it that far in reality. Still don't understand the Herzlich selection. Even if Spikes leaves, Bowman and McKillop, I believe are better fits as 3-4 ILB's than Herzlich, especially Bowman.

As for your next pick (you're up by the way) I think you'd have to target CB (should've WAY earlier.) But I listed my thoughts on available prospects for this pick. I know you mentioned Fullbacks, which I've included, but I don't think the 49ers need to be the 1st team to select a FB in the 2011 draft. Also, the Wide Receiver position has been over-drafted in this mock and the value is out-of-wack, but I included a few that aren't terrible stretches in the 4th round as a WCO slot guy.

Cornerback
Curtis Marsh - Utah State
Marcus Gilchrist - Clemson (also a Free Safety prospect)
Buster Skrine - Tennessee Chattanooga
Jalil Brown - Colorado
Richard Sherman - Stanford (also a Free Safety and Wide Receiver prospect)
Chimdi Chekwa - Ohio State
Chykie Brown - Texas

Defensive End
Lawrence Guy - Arizona State

Nose Tackle
Jerrell Powe - Mississippi
Sione Fua - Stanford
Ian Williams - Notre Dame

Fullback
Owen Marecic - Stanford
Henry Hynoski - Pittsburgh
Stanley Havili - USC
Charles Clay - Tulsa

Wide Receiver
Greg Salas - Hawaii
Jeremy Kerley - TCU
Dwayne Harris - East Carolina
Jeff Maehl - Oregon

Hope that helps. Apologies if I missed someone.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:17 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Prince Amukamara CB, Nebraska
2. Colin Kaepernick QB, Nevada
3. Brooks Reed OLB, Arizona
4. Ahmad Black S, Florida
4. Phil Taylor DT, Baylor
5. Stanley Havili FB, USC
6. Jaquizz Rodgers RB, Oregon State
6. Cecil Shorts WR, Mount Union
7. Josh Portis QB, California(PA)
7. Korey Lindsey Woods CB, Southern Ill
7. Carl Johnson OG, Florida

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:30 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nevermind, I see you drafted Marecic. Sure would've liked to get a CB in our first 5 selections. Oh well.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:28 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harbaugh talks up Newton

Quote:
"And Cam Newton - that's
plutonium-grade raw material, you know? I haven't seen upside like with this
guy in probably the last 10 years.
Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/#ixzz1HM0x2AT7

If Harbaugh really feels that way, we would almost have to make a play on Newton..wouldn't we? We hired Harbaugh in large part because of his work with QB's, and he is stating that Newton has the highest upside of any QB prospect since basically Vick. If his character concerns check out, a QB with his gifts under a coach like Harbaugh could be special.

Of course, "if" is the operative word. Can we really trust the public word of an NFL HC or GM in March, one month before the draft? Misdirection is the name of the game right now. Of course, just because Newton has upside doesn't mean he will necessarily reach it. And this could all be a smokescreen, part of a ploy to get teams higher than us to pick Newton, or leverage in a trade down if he falls to 7.

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 03-22-2011 at 02:32 PM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 02:59 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dan,
Yea I hear you about Pouncey not lasting until our second round but you just never know.It just may happen.I would have taken a CB there but couldn't resit on taking Puncey there instead since our whole line could be a solid one in years to come with that pick.I went with the FB from Standford for our 4th second pick.
I would love Pouncey to last to 45 but thats not going to happen. I'll be shocked if it does. FB in the 4th isnt bad but I would have went after a NT instead. The ILB pick you posted wasnt bad but was Casey Matthews still on the board because if so, I would have drafted him instead. If he even turns out to be half as good as his brother, he'll be a steal.

And one last thing..........who was drafted 1-6 in the first round?
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
3. Brooks Reed OLB, Arizona
4. Phil Taylor DT, Baylor
There is a good chance that both Reed and Taylor sneak into the bottom of round 1. No way they make it out of round 2.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:35 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
There is a good chance that both Reed and Taylor sneak into the bottom of round 1. No way they make it out of round 2.
oh damn. ill post a revised one later

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:45 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I would love Pouncey to last to 45 but thats not going to happen. I'll be shocked if it does. FB in the 4th isnt bad but I would have went after a NT instead. The ILB pick you posted wasnt bad but was Casey Matthews still on the board because if so, I would have drafted him instead. If he even turns out to be half as good as his brother, he'll be a steal.

And one last thing..........who was drafted 1-6 in the first round?
Dan I cant remeber but you can go look at out draft mock in the fanasty section under group forum by divsion mock. Crap I so for got about Matthews oh well. I would not mine him either. The thing anoutvpouncey lasting that long in this mock was weirdit happed so o grabbed him up . Man if we child build a solid o line by adding poured at c or even g we would sick in future years .
Old 03-22-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw that mock. Peterson went first overall, Prince fifth to ARZ and Green sixth to CLE. First QB drafted was Gabbert eighth to TEN.

Just one question - are you running the mock draft for the entire NFC West because that's the way it looks and honestly, I think ARZ would draft Miller over Prince because already have one excellent CB Cromartie but their LB core is crap compared to just two years ago.

When its your turn to draft in the 5th, look for that NT from Stanford. I forgot his name but I think that he's still available.

I really wish the moderators on this site would do a LIVE MOCK DRAFT on AIM like they did in 2006. That was a lot of fun. I remember drafting Lawson and Carpenter in the first but cant remember who I drafted in the other rounds.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:56 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Dan ,
Yup I was doing the whole NFC west,however,I did not make AZ first pick as I so agree with you where draft Prince would have been a better pick for them.The Mod of that Mock mad the pick.Besides Mock drafts are all in fun to see which players you can and draft.On the live draft thing,I dunno if you could the entire 32 teams on for one at the same time to a draft like which is a pretty hard IMO.OK If we do a 5th round I will get a NT or a CB.
phlysac,
I feel you about the CB need man and yes I would have drafted him in round two or first but I went Miller as you seen that much better player then Prince IMO and would benefit us more.Then the CB would of been in round also but Pouncey feel to us and I just couldn't let him go and added another solid guy for our running game and have a young stud line.The rest of the picks are just BPA, And I think the FB is a perfect with JH and his Standford coaching staff,our FB right IMO is crap and catch worth a dam (Norris)So we need a quick upgrade and a great FB to improve the run game.
That is all for know guys.OK dam if we take Newton I will hate them for life as it would be Smith all over again.Also Newton ego is way to high.JH is just trying to pull his football IQ I think.Also I think he is gone before 7 to either the Bills or AZ Maybe the Bengals.I think we're safe on no QB at 7.But good to see our new guy is looking at everyone just to see where they all stand!I can't wait for draft in prime time!
Old 03-22-2011, 10:24 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

The live real time online mock draft via AIM that I was in back in 2006 started at 12pm EST on a Saturday and went to about 7pm or so. It was for the first three rounds. It took time but it was fun and when you were on the clock, you could feel the nervoursness in deciding who to select with you pick. It was a blast and I wish they would do it this year but I know that no one will be. Oh well.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Harbaugh talks up Newton

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/#ixzz1HM0x2AT7

If Harbaugh really feels that way, we would almost have to make a play on Newton..wouldn't we? We hired Harbaugh in large part because of his work with QB's, and he is stating that Newton has the highest upside of any QB prospect since basically Vick. If his character concerns check out, a QB with his gifts under a coach like Harbaugh could be special.

Of course, "if" is the operative word. Can we really trust the public word of an NFL HC or GM in March, one month before the draft? Misdirection is the name of the game right now. Of course, just because Newton has upside doesn't mean he will necessarily reach it. And this could all be a smokescreen, part of a ploy to get teams higher than us to pick Newton, or leverage in a trade down if he falls to 7.
This is a HUGE smokescreen. Newton being taken before 7 greatly increases the chances of Peterson and possibly Gabbert (if Harbaugh likes him) falling to the Niners.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:39 AM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like all the Mock of Peterson going to the 49ERS. I think if people realize the Best Player goes on a team that is a Perfect fit for him they might make a move on him before the 49ERS Pick. I hope he falls to 7 so the 49ERS can get a ShutDown Corner.
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:25 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Regarding the Harbaugh remarks on Cam Newton...

Believing a player has the "most upside" doesn't mean you believe that player is a good pick in regards to value. It would be naive to think that JaMarcus Russell would've been picked by all teams. He had serious issues that came to be true. But he was universally lauded for his upside.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Upside" and 'Potential" are words that generally have positive connotations, but what they really mean is, "You're not where I'd ideally like you to be at right now."

Harbaugh will pass on Newton given the opportunity at the 7th pick IMHO.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 03-25-2011, 01:15 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Let's hope Harbaugh passes on Newton (or any QB for that matter) at 7 especially if Peterson, Prince, Green or Miller are still on the board.

And Raiders were stupid, I would have drafted WR Calvin Johnson number one overall and then traded back into the late first round for Quinn or just draft a QB in the second. Granted, Quinn hasnt done a damn thing either but at least he's still in the NFL.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:11 AM    (permalink
MaybeDavis
Rookie

MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.

I hope Harbaugh draft Newton!

If Green or especially PP are still there, I'm happy with both of these guys. But if both are gone, I think Harbaugh select a QB (Gabbert or Newton) in Round 1.
MaybeDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeDavis View Post
Oh hell NO!!! I would rather see Harbaugh draft BORAT or NESS to be our franchise QB. LOL. :)
Old 03-25-2011, 04:56 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think about Ryan Williams? I know you got Gore and Dixon but still Gore won't be there forever.
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Comp picks announced. 49ers get 2 7th rounders:
Quote:
49ers NFL Draft Compensatory picks have been announced. #49ers have two more picks in the 7th round - #238 and #249 overall. Team now has 12 picks
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Comp picks announced. 49ers get 2 7th rounders:
Good for a FB or a 2nd (or 3rd) developmental QB or a K.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:32 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeDavis View Post

If Green or especially PP are still there, I'm happy with both of these guys. But if both are gone, I think Harbaugh select a QB (Gabbert or Newton) in Round 1.
Who the hell is this guy?I would not want Newton on the 49ers he seems like another T.O or dam cry baby I dunno.It is all hard to say about his work ethics.I like hi splay ability but his character I hate.I also would not touch any QB unless we draft down to like 15 or so in the Dolphins spot or some where close to draft Locker if none of our big 4 top players are gone.You must be watching to much ESPN crap. Come on MAN!!
Old 03-25-2011, 11:31 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who the hell is this guy?I would not want Newton on the 49ers he seems like another T.O or dam cry baby I dunno.It is all hard to say about his work ethics.I like hi splay ability but his character I hate.I also would not touch any QB unless we draft down to like 15 or so in the Dolphins spot or some where close to draft Locker if none of our big 4 top players are gone.You must be watching to much ESPN crap. Come on MAN!!
Please, explain this post.

What questions do you have about Cam Newton's work ethic? The kid digested, and implemented (almost perfectly) the system at Auburn in one year, won the national championship and the heisman.

YOU must be watching to much "ESPN crap" - his dad's financial adventures have nothing to do with Cam's work ethic, so don't let those two blend together.

To be honest, it's pretty hard to have "work ethic" concerns at quarterback - most guys fail because they don't have it between the ears.

Now, character is different from work ethic. If you don't like Cam Newton because you think he's arrogant or what not, that's different than how hard he works.

Also, what signs point to him being "another TO"?
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 12:23 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

king2am,
I dunno why I have against him but I just don't like his character and ego on him that he thinks he so big and bad while he has only one good dam season in the SEC.Where he could of been great at Florida if he would of been smart there and stayed until Tebow left.But tback then the whole Laptop was dumb to I admit.
Secondly, the work ethic I dunno if it s true or just in my head from NFL N guys about he could learn a new system for the west coast or not if beyond me and just doesn't seem like a good fit.It is most of his interviews he willing to learn a new system or do what ever it takes,but I dunno hard to say with only one year at Auburn. But if JH picks the guy then I hope he can work this crap out of him and make it work I guess.ON the ESPN , you don't his Dad stuff ego might come off on him when he starts actually getting paid or not?I beg to defer on that one.Plus we need a boom type of player NOT a project at QB.We already tried that one.
Finally, I'll take the T.O park back I guess.I really don't see just the ego park of him wanting to be more then just a QB.That part really bugged me when he came out said that part of wanting to be a entertainer.I mean really as a rookie?On a finale note,I guess he could be a good person and player at QB if he can put his mind to but I dunno in all honesty.He has the great arms strength down the field and mid range just not in short range passing.I'm also concerned about his football IQ while reading plays on the field from check downs and stuff like that.It is just like going back to Gabbert they've only had one really good season at QB to saw is there any "it" factor there for them.But those are my words on Newton.But I mean if really gotta take a QB at 7 then so be it.But I don't think we will have to worry about if Green,Miller or Quinn is there.