Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-31-2011, 11:51 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Barrows reporting the Niners have THREE H-Back/Tight Ends coming in for private workouts. Do you think this is in order to see who might be able to convert to Fullback or do you think Harbaalke is disenchanted with Delanie Walker/Nate Byham?
I've been waiting for this type of news to come out - Had a gut feeling that Harbaugh would have a plethora of these types of players by the time training camp starts (assuming there is one).

I would imagine there looking at conversions to fullback. As creative as Harbaugh is, he will get the most out of two TE sets with Vernon and Delanie.

The kid I keep thinking about is that Virgil Green from Nevada - not at all a FB prospect but another mismatch at the TE position.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:08 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Starting to think that Harbaugh simply wants to carry four TE's. Isn't rare.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:34 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So are we gonna waist two draft picks on TE then or just one?

Last edited by 49erNation85 : 04-05-2011 at 11:06 PM.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:35 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
So are we gonna waist to draft picks on TE then or just one?
I would assume were going to draft only one in round 6 or 7.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:02 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So are we gonna waist two draft picks on TE then or just one?
1. Vernon Davis
2. Delanie Walker
3. Nate Byham
4. New draft selection

Can't see them drafting a 5th unless it's a late round priority FA type that will be drafted since FA might not happen.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:21 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1. Vernon Davis
2. Delanie Walker
3. Nate Byham
4. New draft selection

Can't see them drafting a 5th unless it's a late round priority FA type that will be drafted since FA might not happen.
With 12 selections, I wouldn't be stunned to see him draft two. I probably wouldn't do it myself but it could happen.

I see the scenario as, Harbaugh taking a TE that he really likes - and then if there is a 5th guy taken he would probably be the H back kind of player, able to do both.

I just can't wait to see the formations/alignments with Vernon.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:49 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just had a thought that our Madden play book is gonna be sick lol.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just had a thought that our Madden play book is gonna be sick lol.
Vote for Willis for the Cover of Madden12.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/feature/madden2012cover

He's in the Elite Eight, though Rodgers is probably the runaway favorite to win.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:48 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kiper and McShay put out 3 round mock drafts today. Here are who they project to the 49ers:
Kiper:
1. Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
2. Dontay Moch, LB, Nevada
3. Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada

McShay:
2. Mikel Leshoure, RB, Illinois
3. Kenrick Ellis, NT, Baylor

Love Kiper's mock draft. With McShay I don't agree with his 2nd round pick for the 49ers. Don't see them drafting a running back that high and if they did I would have taken Ryan Williams, who he still had on the board.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:00 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Kiper and McShay put out 3 round mock drafts today. Here are who they project to the 49ers:
Kiper:
2. Dontay Moch, LB, Nevada
3. Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada

McShay:
2. Mikel Leshoure, RB, Illinois
3. Kenrick Ellis, NT, Baylor

Love Kiper's mock draft. With McShay I don't agree with his 2nd round pick for the 49ers. Don't see them drafting a running back that high and if they did I would have taken Ryan Williams, who he still had on the board.
As much as I would love it, I don't see Peterson making it to #7 anymore. There's a reason this guy is the #1 player on most boards.

Corner/Safety/Return man - physical specimen.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:00 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Ugh at both of their mocks.The only player I'll take is Peterson.I'm still hoping for Locker or Ponder in round two maybe Dalton.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Vote for Willis for the Cover of Madden12.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/feature/madden2012cover

He's in the Elite Eight, though Rodgers is probably the runaway favorite to win.
Don't vote for Willis I don't want him to have a down year.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:30 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ugh at both of their mocks.The only player I'll take is Peterson.I'm still hoping for Locker or Ponder in round two maybe Dalton.
you HATE any mock draft that doesn't include, the love of your life, Jake Locker
Old 04-07-2011, 05:40 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

Quote:
Half the time, you say "mit az welll juzt drift lockerrr at 7 wes all kno his the bestest QB in the draft"

And the other half you say take him in round 2.

It's very possible, that we draft someone at 7 (Peterson, Amukamara, Miller, Quinn) and then someone takes locker and ponder before pick #45 comes back around.

Kiper and McShay don't mock trades, and although I don't know for sure, I would guess Locker and Ponder were both gone by our second pick.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:35 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am View Post
Half the time, you say "mit az welll juzt drift lockerrr at 7 wes all kno his the bestest QB in the draft"

And the other half you say take him in round 2.

It's very possible, that we draft someone at 7 (Peterson, Amukamara, Miller, Quinn) and then someone takes locker and ponder before pick #45 comes back around.

Kiper and McShay don't mock trades, and although I don't know for sure, I would guess Locker and Ponder were both gone by our second pick.
Yep, here is the breakdown of the QBs that went before the 49ers pick:
Kiper
1st Round:
Newton
Gabbert
Locker
2nd Round:
Andy Dalton
Ryan Mallett
Christian Ponder

McShay
1st Round:
Newton
Gabbert
Locker
2nd Round:
Christian Ponder
Andy Dalton
Ryan Mallett
Colin Kaepernick

McShay's mock had the run happening at the top of the round 2. Out of both mock drafts Kiper's was the only who has a QB going in round 3 (Kaepernick). I would think if the 49ers missed out on trading up for one of the QBs in round 2 they could use a 4th or 5th to move up in round 3 and grab Stanzi.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do think Stanzi is the backup plan in the 3rd if they don't end up with Dalton or Ponder in Round 2, or trading up into late 1 to get one of those guys.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 04-08-2011, 03:48 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw that Baalke will make sure to get the guy that Harbaugh wants
Old 04-08-2011, 03:57 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Starting to think that Harbaugh simply wants to carry four TE's. Isn't rare.
I just wanted to chime in and say that could be a real possibility. Harbaugh loved him some TE's at Stanford. Especially using them to block in space on the outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...patrick-willis

Ray Ray on Willis

Quote:
Lewis, when asked which young linebackers remind him of himself:

I like a lot of them, but the one I talk to the most who I think kind of emulates me a lot is Patrick Willis. I just love the way he plays the game. He plays the game with a fire. He reminds me of myself -- a lot, a lot, a lot. Not just on the field, but off the field. It would definitely have to be Pat.

At least one thing for sure we can be thankful for.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:11 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So if it comes down to Prince or Quinn, who do you want? I would probably go with Quinn. I think a passrusher would be more impactful, and we haven't had one for ages. I think it would take our 3-4 to the next level. Honestly though, I like Quinn so much because Mayock likes him so much.
binary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:54 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
Honestly though, I like Quinn so much because Mayock likes him so much.
Remember, he was a HUGE Robert Ayers fan a couple years ago. I think he had him as his #1 OLB...
Old 04-12-2011, 08:48 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
So if it comes down to Prince or Quinn, who do you want? I would probably go with Quinn. I think a passrusher would be more impactful, and we haven't had one for ages. I think it would take our 3-4 to the next level. Honestly though, I like Quinn so much because Mayock likes him so much.
Personally, I've been thinking about this question for the last couple weeks. I too am influenced by Mayock, I trust him more than anyone else in the business.

With that said, when I watch Amukamara I think sometimes he may be the best corner in the draft - but Patrick Peterson is the best player.

I think the reason I still have Peterson and Amukamara as 1 and 2 on my board is because I feel like Fangio could manufacture pressure up front, if he knew he had someone to cover on the back end. And what I mean is, I'd rather send the front three plus Willis and Brooks ( or whatever combination ) and see what sticks to the quarterback, knowing Amukamara's coverage skills as opposed to rushing four hoping Quinn or Miller win one on one matchups.

With that said, Peterson, Amukamara, Quinn and Peterson, Quinn, Amukamara - it doesn't matter a whole hell of a lot, I'd be stoked with any of the three.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:26 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
Remember, he was a HUGE Robert Ayers fan a couple years ago. I think he had him as his #1 OLB...
But he also doesn't consider Quinn as a potential 3-4 OLB.

I agree with the growing assesment that Mayock both has difficulty with and doesn't like projecting 4-3 DE's to 3-4 OLB.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Personally, I've been thinking about this question for the last couple weeks. I too am influenced by Mayock, I trust him more than anyone else in the business.

With that said, when I watch Amukamara I think sometimes he may be the best corner in the draft - but Patrick Peterson is the best player.

I think the reason I still have Peterson and Amukamara as 1 and 2 on my board is because I feel like Fangio could manufacture pressure up front, if he knew he had someone to cover on the back end. And what I mean is, I'd rather send the front three plus Willis and Brooks ( or whatever combination ) and see what sticks to the quarterback, knowing Amukamara's coverage skills as opposed to rushing four hoping Quinn or Miller win one on one matchups.

With that said, Peterson, Amukamara, Quinn and Peterson, Quinn, Amukamara - it doesn't matter a whole hell of a lot, I'd be stoked with any of the three.
I'm still hoping Peterson will fall but I can easily see him transitioning and being an All-Pro FS in a few years; perhaps like a bigger version of Antrel Rolle.

Prince does appear to be the second best CB available and has more the prototype size to play CB, however the big knock on him (which Mayock and others have noted) is that he didn't play his best games against elite competition, getting burned on a handful of occasions by NFL-caliber WR talent. Some evaluators think he actually is the best CB in the Draft. Quinn has great pass rushing skills, but him being a 4/3 DE is probably an ideal scenario. Him as a 3/4 OLB is risky (See: Lawson, Manny) as he is a great athlete but questions remain if he will be able to drop and cover in space.

It's a tough call between Quinn and Prince at 7, but I would lean toward Prince at this point, as I feel that the risk is less and there is overall less depth at the position later in the draft; a position that the Niners need to invest a couple of this year's draft picks in IMO.

If they do pass on a CB in the first round, then I would like them to target CB Brandon Harris (Miami) in the second. He apparently has a bit of a 'tude but he competes for the ball, has great balance and showed arguable the best mobility/footwork at the combine. Other players from "the U" have had attitudes as well coming out, but many have been hits because they are just passionate about the game.

Old 04-12-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary
PRINCE without even thinking about it. I have no interest in Quinn and why anyone here would want to risk the 7th overall draft pick on a DE who'll become an OLB in the 3-4 and hasnt played in nearly two years by the time the season starts is beyond me. I do like Mayock the best and he probably is the best but is he high on Quinn as a DE or OLB in the 3-4? I take Prince because our secondary is in worse shape than our OLB core. Even if we loe Lawson and start Brooks/Haralson, thats still not as bad as our secondary which could lose Goldson, possibly Clements if he's released and ieven if he isnt, he's not worth half of what his 2011 salary is. Spencer is solid at best but better as a nickelback and Mays is only entering his second season. If anything, im far more concernced about NT and who'll our starting ILB will be next to Willis.

Quote:

Peterson is the better playmaker but Prince is the better cover guy. I want Peterson because we havent had a playmaker in the secondary in years but I would have no problem with Prince whatsosver.

I'm not even interested in Quinn especially if he's being converted from a college 4-3 DE to an 3-4 OLB in the NFL. We've done that with Lawson and Haralson. How's that worked out? Why keep doing the same stupid crap that hasnt worked and think that it eventually will?

And even in general, I dont want Quinn whatsoever. Amazing how people consider him to be good despite the fact that he missed an entire season plus he was suspended. I dont know what he was suspended for but whatever it is, no thanks.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote