Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-25-2011, 10:42 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Barrows 7 round 49ers mock:
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...ght-say-t.html
1. Patty Peterson, CB, LSU
2. Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada
3. Shane Vereen, RB, CAL
4. Greg Salas, WR, Hawaii
4. John Moffitt, G/C, Wisconsin
5. Owen Marecic, FB, Stanford
6. Chris, Neild, NT, West Virginia
6. Steven "Gotta Get Down On" Friday, OLB, VT
7. Zane Parr, DE, Virginia
7 Ryan Taylor, FB/TE, UNC
7. Marc Schiechl, OLB, Colorado School of Mines
7. Justin Rogers, CB, Richmond

As much as I like Vereen I would much rather package one of the 4th's (with the 3rd) and try to move up to get an OLB like Chris Carter from Fresno State. Aside from that I would love this draft. Also anyone else feeling like Owen Marecic is the the biggest lock to end up on the 49ers? I think SF takes him with their 2nd 4th rounder.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:09 AM    (permalink
mac25fan
Rookie

mac25fan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I would be shocked if they pass on Prince at 11 if he's available.
It sounds like Houston loves PP... if this is true then we can trade with them. Swap 1st round pics and then we pick up a 3rd and a late round pic.

Then, if needed, we would have more pics to help get back into the first to get a QB.
mac25fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac25fan View Post
It sounds like Houston loves PP... if this is true then we can trade with them. Swap 1st round pics and then we pick up a 3rd and a late round pic.

Then, if needed, we would have more pics to help get back into the first to get a QB.
Yeah, I have read about that rumor but I would want the Texans 2012 first rounder in addition to their first round draft pick this year because you're talking about the highest ranked player in this draft and there's no way in hell that im going to just give him away for a third rounder.

Then at 11, I try to trade away my fourth rounder in order to move up three spots to 8 with TEN so I can draft Prince ahead of DAL just in case they want him. I would even go as high as my third rounder because giving up a third rounder, getting a franchise CB in Prince and having the Texans first rounder for 2012 is a steal for us.

The difference between only trading away a 3rd/4th and 11 to TEN for their 8th pick is that Prince isnt worth a future first rounder but Peterson easily is. Instead of a QB being the guy that a team gives up a future first rounder for, its Peterson and while CB may not be the most important position on the team, having a shutdown CB who can take away half the field is a huge plus for any defense.

If HOU wanted to give me their 2nd and #11, then I would seriously think about it but only if I already had a trade worked out with TEN to move up to 8. Otherwise, I draft Peterson and move on.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:36 PM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get it. In this hypothetical you seriously expect the move from 11 to 7 to cost the Titans a first rounder and the move from 11-8 to cost us a fourth??
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
I don't get it. In this hypothetical you seriously expect the move from 11 to 7 to cost the Titans a first rounder and the move from 11-8 to cost us a fourth??
Don't bother. I asked the same question. The answer isn't based on any realistic scenario.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:58 PM    (permalink
txparkes49x
Veteran

txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone said it already but I would only trade down if Peterson and Miller were both gone. But if Peterson is there I dont care who wants the 7th pick if he is there we need to take him. but if he is gone then trading down for Prince is a great idea. But I may be the only one but Id wanna trade up to 4 and get PP. Then trade up again into the late 1st. I mean we have 12 picks to use. Baalke did trade up for Davis. why not peterson?
Old 04-25-2011, 09:15 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Matt Barrows 7 round 49ers mock:
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...ght-say-t.html
1. Patty Peterson, CB, LSU
2. Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada
3. Shane Vereen, RB, CAL
4. Greg Salas, WR, Hawaii
4. John Moffitt, G/C, Wisconsin
5. Owen Marecic, FB, Stanford
6. Chris, Neild, NT, West Virginia
6. Steven "Gotta Get Down On" Friday, OLB, VT
7. Zane Parr, DE, Virginia
7 Ryan Taylor, FB/TE, UNC
7. Marc Schiechl, OLB, Colorado School of Mines
7. Justin Rogers, CB, Richmond

As much as I like Vereen I would much rather package one of the 4th's (with the 3rd) and try to move up to get an OLB like Chris Carter from Fresno State. Aside from that I would love this draft. Also anyone else feeling like Owen Marecic is the the biggest lock to end up on the 49ers? I think SF takes him with their 2nd 4th rounder.
The only gripe on have on this mock is CK at QB.We do people keep picking guys like him to our mock.We don't need another project QB.We need a safer pick in Locker,Mallet or even Ponder or Stazni.Who have already came from a pro offense.Other then that i love the mock.Also other then 2 FB not a need right there would rather just draft him as a TE guy.Should be interesting to see what really goes down on day one.I just hope we come out with a QB then cause I will busy all weekend with starting/training at a new job.I agree about the Marecic lock as well.IF he is there in round 4/5 I say we take him unless we gotta use some picks to move to get a QB first.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:54 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
The only gripe on have on this mock is CK at QB.We do people keep picking guys like him to our mock.We don't need another project QB.We need a safer pick in Locker,Mallet or even Ponder or Stazni.Who have already came from a pro offense.Other then that i love the mock.Also other then 2 FB not a need right there would rather just draft him as a TE guy.Should be interesting to see what really goes down on day one.I just hope we come out with a QB then cause I will busy all weekend with starting/training at a new job.I agree about the Marecic lock as well.IF he is there in round 4/5 I say we take him unless we gotta use some picks to move to get a QB first.
Upside of CK too much to pass up. Plus Baalke/Harbaugh (we need to come up with a combo name for them Balkbaugh?) said they would prefer a QB to sit for a year so I don't believe CK being a project would necessarily be a bad thing. With no OTAs there would not be pressure on him to come in play. It would be focus on mechanics, watch film, and fill out his frame.

I also like that in CK's senior year they ran a lot more pro style concepts towards the midway point of the season. He hit a ton of NFL throws.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:02 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by txparkes49x View Post
Someone said it already but I would only trade down if Peterson and Miller were both gone. But if Peterson is there I dont care who wants the 7th pick if he is there we need to take him. but if he is gone then trading down for Prince is a great idea. But I may be the only one but Id wanna trade up to 4 and get PP. Then trade up again into the late 1st. I mean we have 12 picks to use. Baalke did trade up for Davis. why not peterson?
Yeah do not understand the obsession with adding more draft picks on top of the 12 that the team already has. The 49ers need to keep adding more quality over quantity. Adding Peterson would give the defense another playmaker they are badly missing in the secondary.

I honestly would have no issue moving up for Peterson but it may take a lot of ammo to move up to #4 and I do not think Cincy would look to move down. I believe they are entrenched in that spot for A.J. Green. Rumor is Arizona is looking to move down if Peterson falls to that spot. Wonder if the division rivals could work out a swap of picks plus a 3rd and 4th? Works out to equal value on the trade chart.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:24 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah do not understand the obsession with adding more draft picks on top of the 12 that the team already has. The 49ers need to keep adding more quality over quantity. Adding Peterson would give the defense another playmaker they are badly missing in the secondary.

I honestly would have no issue moving up for Peterson but it may take a lot of ammo to move up to #4 and I do not think Cincy would look to move down. I believe they are entrenched in that spot for A.J. Green. Rumor is Arizona is looking to move down if Peterson falls to that spot. Wonder if the division rivals could work out a swap of picks plus a 3rd and 4th? Works out to equal value on the trade chart.
We actually have a lot of needs...QB, OLB, and CB are the 3 obvious. We're losing starters at C and NT in FA and there's no guarantee we could get them back. We could use a 3rd RB, another WR (big dropoff after Josh Morgan), a K, and some help at S. Obviously we won't solve every need and we can try to find some help in FA when it opens but there's no guarantee we'll be able to get the right players at the right price. And most of our 12 picks are in the later rounds...9 of our 12 picks are on Day 3. I personally think we should be looking into trading down if Peterson is gone and trying to collect more 2nds and 3rds. Schefter reported that we want to trade down too

http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/s...16691397492736

Teams that would like to trade down -though they will keep pick for the right player - include 49ers, Cowboys, Redskins, Lions, Seahawks.

He also said that teams looking to trade up are the Pats and Eagles..

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 04-26-2011 at 10:46 AM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:15 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
We actually have a lot of needs...QB, OLB, and CB are the 3 obvious. We're losing starters at C and NT in FA and there's no guarantee we could get them back. We could use a 3rd RB, another WR (big dropoff after Josh Morgan), a K, and some help at S. Obviously we won't solve every need and we can try to find some help in FA when it opens but there's no guarantee we'll be able to get the right players at the right price. And most of our 12 picks are in the later rounds...9 of our 12 picks are on Day 3. I personally think we should be looking into trading down if Peterson is gone and trying to collect more 2nds and 3rds. Schefter reported that we want to trade down too

http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/s...16691397492736

Teams that would like to trade down -though they will keep pick for the right player - include 49ers, Cowboys, Redskins, Lions, Seahawks.

He also said that teams looking to trade up are the Pats and Eagles..
My point was more so directed at people wanting to move down if Peterson falls to 7. I do agree that there are holes on this team but you can not let a talent like Peterson slip through like that. He is a game changer in the secondary and would add another guy to a defense that does not force a lot of turnovers.

If Peterson and Miller are off the board then I have no problem moving down if they still feel they can either end up with Prince or Quinn. But if the cost is an extra 3rd or packaging both 4ths to move up for Peterson they should do it in a nanosecond.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:30 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If a team can blow us away on an offer for Peterson I would do it.

That team would be one looking to win now or within a year or 2.

We are not anywhere near the prize without a QB or with a drafted project.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:20 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So you guys are saying we would rather gain more picks then sacrifice getting Peterson?I hope you realize we still need CB help more so then a QB.The only way I will take a trade is if PP is gone by 7 or heck we might as well look at Locker at 7 too and steal him from Tenn who seem to show a lot of love for him lately.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only situation that I would hate for us to trade down is if Miller is somehow still on the board. I don't think that the difference between PP7 and Prince is as great as some and I would not mind moving down a few picks and grabbing Prince + an extra third.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My point was more so directed at people wanting to move down if Peterson falls to 7. I do agree that there are holes on this team but you can not let a talent like Peterson slip through like that. He is a game changer in the secondary and would add another guy to a defense that does not force a lot of turnovers.

If Peterson and Miller are off the board then I have no problem moving down if they still feel they can either end up with Prince or Quinn. But if the cost is an extra 3rd or packaging both 4ths to move up for Peterson they should do it in a nanosecond.
Peterson is my top target and i would take him at 7, and i assume the 49ers would too. It would have to take a great deal for Baalke to move down if Peterson is there, but sadly i don't see him getting past 6. I think either CLE will take him or trade down with DAL who would take him.

BTW here's how Maiocco ranks our top 4 players at 7

My projected top 4 on 49ers draftboard remains: Peterson, Dareus, Miller, Amukamara. Not feeling confident 49ers like Gabbert or Quinn at 7.

http://twitter.com/#!/MaioccoCSN/sta...32938513330176

I don't think Peterson, Dareus, or Miller will be there at 7...interesting that Maiocco thinks we don't like Gabbert or Quinn at 7. If we don't like them at 7, i doubt we like them at 10 or 12 or wherever else we could trade down. Seems like every mock as of lately has Quinn or Gabbert going to us. If we don't trade down i think Prince is the pick.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:17 PM    (permalink
txparkes49x
Veteran

txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperVisor View Post
If a team can blow us away on an offer for Peterson I would do it.

That team would be one looking to win now or within a year or 2.

We are not anywhere near the prize without a QB or with a drafted project.
FA and Offseason hasnt even started yet though. Cant count as out yet, we still could a veteran from some other team thats poised to run deep or god dare I say ..Alex Smith.. blows everyone away and finally shows up. IDK im not ready to say if we are or are not ready for playoffs to OTAs and Camp is over. since none of that may occur I want Peterson even if we trade up. Maybe even for the right price with the Cards.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:00 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49ersfan_87,
Would you like Gabbert enough to take a chance on him at seven?Not me and probably like 90 % of the fans here wouldn't.He is a project maybe maybe not.He says he can play from center just fine but I dunno.I just don't we can take the chance there at 7 unless it is Locker or Miller or Quinn.I am surprised about the Quinn pick though.He would be a stud in our 3-4 other side of Smith.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Upside of CK too much to pass up. Plus Baalke/Harbaugh (we need to come up with a combo name for them Balkbaugh?) said they would prefer a QB to sit for a year so I don't believe CK being a project would necessarily be a bad thing.

HAAALKE SMASH!

Well, hopefully they can live up to that reputation.

Last edited by Verloren : 04-26-2011 at 08:26 PM.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:14 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
The only situation that I would hate for us to trade down is if Miller is somehow still on the board. I don't think that the difference between PP7 and Prince is as great as some and I would not mind moving down a few picks and grabbing Prince + an extra third.
Im starting to believe more and more that Prince will go in the top 6. Some team that really likes him is gonna trade up to grab him and we'll be sitting there at #7 with PP7, Prince, Dareus, Miller, and Quinn all off the board. That's my nightmare actually. There is a VERY good chance no QB goes in the top 6. Wouldnt surprise me one bit. Now if we're sitting there at 7 with both Gabbert and Newton still on the board my hope is some team is willing to trade up and grab one. If not then our pick will be very interesting. And no, I dont think it will be a QB either.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Im starting to believe more and more that Prince will go in the top 6. Some team that really likes him is gonna trade up to grab him and we'll be sitting there at #7 with PP7, Prince, Dareus, Miller, and Quinn all off the board. That's my nightmare actually. There is a VERY good chance no QB goes in the top 6. Wouldnt surprise me one bit. Now if we're sitting there at 7 with both Gabbert and Newton still on the board my hope is some team is willing to trade up and grab one. If not then our pick will be very interesting. And no, I dont think it will be a QB either.
Could try nabbing Cal's Cam Jordan. He's one of the guys I have my eyes on because there's a chance he could transition into a 3-4 rush OLB, or stick as a 3-4 DE where he has experience. Either way, he can be an impact player on passing downs.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:11 AM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verloren View Post

HAAALKE SMASH!

Unbelievable quantities of win.
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:

HAAALKE SMASH!

Hit it right out of the park Verloren. Well done.

Draft is a day away and writers/analyst are all over the board with the 49ers pick. So far I have seen:
Wes Bunting: Peterson
Matt Maiocco: Amukamara
Matt Barrows: Gabbert
Jason LaConforta: Quinn
Evan Silva: Peterson
Old 04-27-2011, 10:12 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Could try nabbing Cal's Cam Jordan. He's one of the guys I have my eyes on because there's a chance he could transition into a 3-4 rush OLB, or stick as a 3-4 DE where he has experience. Either way, he can be an impact player on passing downs.
I would love Cam Jordan and hopefully Baalke has him rated as such. But Im not sure if Baalke wants to pull the trigger on a DE at #7, no matter how highly he thinks of him. He'll try to trade back at all cost if he someone at a position of need isnt on the board. But Jordan wouldnt be a bad pick IMO. Just not one of the more popular ones.

As far as him transitioning to a WILL, I've read that before but I honestly dont see it. Jordan is athletic for a guy of his size. But being a fluid athlete in space is a totally different ballgame. Who knows what you'll be getting out him asking him to lose weight and make a position change. That's alot of uncertainty to risk on a top 10 pick who is in that range soley based on his exploits as a DE.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:22 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

I personally like Harbaalke as a name to represent the two.....
Old 04-28-2011, 08:52 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Happy Draft Day everyone. All the heavy hitters (Gosselin, Mayock, McShay, Kiper) have the 49ers taking Blaine Gabbert in their final mocks. We will see. I'm just happy to BBQ and finally end all the speculating.

Forgot to bring up Scott Wright's 3 picks for the 49ers:
7. Gabbert
45. Johnny Patrick, CB, Louisville
76. Kendall Hunter, RB, OK St.

at 45. I would rather have tried to move up a few spots to get Bruce Carter or gone with Justin Houston.

Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? : 04-28-2011 at 09:05 AM.