Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-28-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Happy Draft Day everyone. All the heavy hitters (Gosselin, Mayock, McShay, Kiper) have the 49ers taking Blaine Gabbert in their final mocks. We will see. I'm just happy to BBQ and finally end all the speculating.

Forgot to bring up Scott Wright's 3 picks for the 49ers:
7. Gabbert
45. Johnny Patrick, CB, Louisville
76. Kendall Hunter, RB, OK St.

at 45. I would rather have tried to move up a few spots to get Bruce Carter or gone with Justin Houston.
HORRIBLE MOCK DRAFT!!!!!

I dont want any QB period but can deal with it in the 2nd or 3rd round but NOT at 7 especially if Peterson, Miller, Prince or Green are still on the board.

I wouldnt go after any RB and instead would wait for FA to start and go after Sproles who I think would be a perfect fit for us. And since Sproles has six accrued seasons, he'll definitely be an UFA.

At 45, I rather have that monster NT Ellis. In the 3-4, NT is equal to the MLB in the 4-3. That guy is massive and sounds like a perfect fit. In the third, I would go after the best pass rushing OLB, another CB (since I would draft Peterson/Prince in the first) or an RG to replace that crapper Rachal. Chances are that we'll still have Lawson for 2011 so no reason to draft an OLB unless a good pass rushing one is there in the third because he'll most likely be a 3rd down player and we already have Brooks for that.

I was hoping that players would be permitted to be traded but it appears that wont be the case at all. Oh well, a few more hours to go and since im in NY and its pouring outside and im already in a crappy ass mood personally, I already know how this day is going to go. LOL.

Either way, hope everyone enjoys the NFL Draft.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:13 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't see us drafting Gabbert. I haven't seen anything that suggests we will
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:28 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I absolutely HATE Scott's latest mock for the Niners
Old 04-28-2011, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
I absolutely HATE Scott's latest mock for the Niners
Yeah i'm not a huge fan either.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:47 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UGH!!!

We drafted OLB Aldon Smith with the 7th overall draft pick.

I'm NOT happy (as usual). Another 4-3 DE expected to make the conversion and we'll probably still be stuck with Nate at CB. I would have tried to trade down but if I couldnt, I would have drafted Prince instead.

This guy better do awesome from the start because if he becomes a flop, I can say right now, bye bye Ballke, Harbaugh and company.

NOT ******* HAPPY!!!!!

What a crappy ass day!!!
Old 04-28-2011, 08:56 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumor from Philly writer:
Quote:
Methinks Kevin Kolb is going to San Fran and Aldon Smith will be coming to Philly as soon as trades are green-lighted.
http://twitter.com/pdomo/status/63765329611993088

We better be getting Philly's 1st rounder back if this happens because I would NOT give up pick 7 for Kolb.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:57 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
UGH!!!

We drafted OLB Aldon Smith with the 7th overall draft pick.

I'm NOT happy (as usual). Another 4-3 DE expected to make the conversion and we'll probably still be stuck with Nate at CB. I would have tried to trade down but if I couldnt, I would have drafted Prince instead.

This guy better do awesome from the start because if he becomes a flop, I can say right now, bye bye Ballke, Harbaugh and company.

NOT ******* HAPPY!!!!!

What a crappy ass day!!!
haha really you are writing them off after one pick?

I am stunned but need to watch some film on Aldon. Was not expecting this at all. Love the measurable and can't blame them going for pass rusher over CB.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:05 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

I said if he becomes a flop. Smith isnt worth the 7th overall draft pick but at least a franchise CB in prince would have been. I'm stunned and pissed off but thats nothing new. It's no wonder the 49ers franchise have sucked since 2002. They dont have a damn clue.

As for that trade of Smith to Philly for Kolb, cant happen either way. Players cant be traded during the draft and I dont think players who get drafted can be traded either and even if it can be, its a huge gamble and risk which is something I wouldnt do.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:13 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I said if he becomes a flop. Smith isnt worth the 7th overall draft pick but at least a franchise CB in prince would have been. I'm stunned and pissed off but thats nothing new. It's no wonder the 49ers franchise have sucked since 2002. They dont have a damn clue.

As for that trade of Smith to Philly for Kolb, cant happen either way. Players cant be traded during the draft and I dont think players who get drafted can be traded either and even if it can be, its a huge gamble and risk which is something I wouldnt do.
We will see good chance some form of rules get established tomorrow. I do think they should have moved down a few picks for Smith but like I said I would rather grab a pass rusher over a corner.

When free agency opens I think they try and make a run at Nnamdi or Jonathan Joseph.

IMO passing on Gabbert may come back to get them. Doubt anyone will agree with me but liked the tool set and the situation he would have come into. But Harbaugh>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WWBBD. So I trust him to say the last, haha.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope the Kolb thing is just a rumour.

Smith would be a nice replacement over Haralson. He should be better in every way. The Niners must be one of the teams that took Quinn off their board. Seeing Prince drop probably tells you how much that half against a legit receiver was worth when he had to be taken off Blackmon.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:20 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Joseph was drafted in 2006 which means that if FA have the same rules as last year, he'll be an RFA. Would have drafted Prince instead of Smith because everyone keeps saying pass rusher this, pass rusher that but he's going to have to make the transition to OLB in the 3-4 and compared to Prince who could come in and start from day one, I dont see that happening with Smith unless Lawson leaves via UFA but I think that he'll be back since he would be an RFA.

And back to that Philly trade, if SF trades Smith for Kolb straight up once FA starts, I'll be extremely pissed off but then again, can a rookie who cant be signed be traded?
Old 04-28-2011, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good lord, is there only one OLB in a 3-4? Do they have the same responsibilities? Come on.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And back to that Philly trade, if SF trades Smith for Kolb straight up once FA starts, I'll be extremely pissed off but then again, can a rookie who cant be signed be traded?
Harbaugh says no according to Eric Branch.

Mizzou connection though, with J.Smith and A.Smith from the same school.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:04 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verloren View Post
Harbaugh says no according to Eric Branch.

Mizzou connection though, with J.Smith and A.Smith from the same school.
Not only did Harbaugh deny it but Trent Cole and Brandon Graham thinks the rumor was started by an IDIOT.

And yeah, Aldon Smith broke Justin Smith's sack records at Mizzou.

Dan... 99% of all 3-4 OLBs in the NFL were 4-3 DEs in college. You kill me.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:10 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Not only did Harbaugh deny it but Trent Cole and Brandon Graham thinks the rumor was started by an IDIOT.

And yeah, Aldon Smith broke Justin Smith's sack records at Mizzou.

Dan... 99% of all 3-4 OLBs in the NFL were 4-3 DEs in college. You kill me.
Philly writer trolling for hits on his twitter then. What a clown.

Alex Smith coming into 49ers HQ to meet with Harbaugh tomorrow according to all of the 49ers beat writers.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing with Aldon Smith though, is that after watching him on GameChangers, his frame doesn't look maxed out at all. If he fails at OLB, there's a chance he could move inside.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:22 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The thing with Aldon Smith though, is that after watching him on GameChangers, his frame doesn't look maxed out at all. If he fails at OLB, there's a chance he could move inside.
He's not maxed but hes a pass rusher not a 5-tech.

As for his build... DeMarcus Ware is 6'4" 262. Aldon Smith is 6'5" 263.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Quote:
He's not maxed but hes a pass rusher not a 5-tech.

As for his build... DeMarcus Ware is 6'4" 262. Aldon Smith is 6'5" 263.
True.

Btw, anybody know the NFL rules for if we have too many Smiths on the team? Especially with Aldon and Alex on the roster?
Old 04-28-2011, 10:26 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
True.

Btw, anybody know the NFL rules for if we have too many Smiths on the team? Especially with Aldon and Alex on the roster?
Justin and Reggie, as well. They got rid of Troy so they had to add Aldon.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Quote:
Justin and Reggie, as well. They got rid of Troy so they had to add Aldon.
I know it will be J. Smith and R. Smith for Justin and Reggie.

But will it be A. Smith 1 and A. Smith 2?
Old 04-28-2011, 10:36 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Tim Kawakami on the Kolb trade rumor:
Quote:
49ers source adamantly says team will keep Aldon Smith and suggests Eagles/Kolb rumor is coming from Eagles trying to drive up Kolb's price.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:38 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I know it will be J. Smith and R. Smith for Justin and Reggie.

But will it be A. Smith 1 and A. Smith 2?
After losing out on trying to pair Patrick Peterson with Patrick Willis, the 49ers try to corner the Smith market.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:38 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just so mad at this Aldon smith pick at number 7 really?I mean we could of traded down and got some one better for a better value.Then ticked at Tenn and Minny for picking my two favorite QB 's for us to get.Now we are looking at maybe Mallet or Stanzi. Would rather have Mallet though.Bigger calling.Dam second round is far away.I guess we might get luck next year fellas.
49erNation85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
After losing out on trying to pair Patrick Peterson with Patrick Willis, the 49ers try to corner the Smith market.
Please no Jimmy Smith!
Old 04-28-2011, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I'm just so mad at this Aldon smith pick at number 7 really?I mean we could of traded down and got some one better for a better value.Then ticked at Tenn and Minny for picking my two favorite QB 's for us to get.Now we are looking at maybe Mallet or Stanzi. Would rather have Mallet though.Bigger calling.Dam second round is far away.I guess we might get luck next year fellas.
Who is this mystery team that wanted the #7 pick?