Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 01-18-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
I read the same piece this morning. :P

I totally agree. I've been behind Haralson getting a chance to prove himself. He's got 8 sacks on the season, that's not a bad effort. Certainly not bad enough to suggest that he's the issue with our D's pass rushing problems.

Further to that, I don't get all the love for an OLB with the first pick, I don't think it offers the best upgrade for our defence, or the best positional advantage.
But where are we going to get the pass rush from? Smith and Haralson are the 49ers only legit rushers. I love Singletary's quote on loading up on pass rushers, just like Bal, and Pitt have done. Just because they have James Harrison does not mean they will pass on a guy like Lamar Woodley. As we saw with the Giants it never hurts to load up on pass rushers.

Also anyone know a site that list pressures as a stat? I am very curious to see where Smith/Haralson rank compared to a guy like Suggs.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:57 PM    (permalink
FG4prez
Rookie

FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.

I think the bc coach interview turned out to be false... What a bummer about linehan. What's he thinking? No way I give up our first for peppers, we still would have to pay him!
FG4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:51 PM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
But where are we going to get the pass rush from? Smith and Haralson are the 49ers only legit rushers. I love Singletary's quote on loading up on pass rushers, just like Bal, and Pitt have done. Just because they have James Harrison does not mean they will pass on a guy like Lamar Woodley. As we saw with the Giants it never hurts to load up on pass rushers.
Pittsburgh has a few significant advantages over us in the personnel department. We don't have the advantage of using picks on luxury perks. Lawson has the tools to be a decent pass rusher. We just use him as a coverage 'backer. Haralson deserves a season to see if he can prove himself as a starter.

Even the best LB core can't get pressure if the balls out of the QB's arms. We'd probably see a much better rush if we upgraded our secondary (coverage FS) or if we put a decent NT in the line to occupy blocks.

Quote:
Also anyone know a site that list pressures as a stat? I am very curious to see where Smith/Haralson rank compared to a guy like Suggs.
Yeah, I'd be interested in seeing that too.
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:36 PM    (permalink
woodyx02
Rookie

woodyx02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.woodyx02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
Even the best LB core can't get pressure if the balls out of the QB's arms. We'd probably see a much better rush if we upgraded our secondary (coverage FS) or if we put a decent NT in the line to occupy blocks.

I agree 155% I think a better secondary and a NT that can penetrate the LOS would help the pass rush. I also dont like the idea of using the 10th pick on a pass rusher but if the T's, Raji and Jenkins are gone and Orakpo or Brown are sitting there I think they have to be the pick unless they can trade out.

I just found out about Linehan Im bummed too. Id be ok with the former BC coach though.
woodyx02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:03 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IT doesn't sound liek Linehan has completely drawn himself out of the running. He said he is still going to the senior bowl and will do scouting with the Niners and other teams. I would really like to hire him, and if not I think the Browns OC would be the best hire.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:15 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Out of Haralson's 8 sacks at least 4 of them are coverage sacks. The only reason the 49ers have had a decent amount of sacks in the past two seasons is because the secondary has been good, especially in 2007. Put this secondary on a team like the Steelers or Giants and Clements/Harris/Brown/Spencer are considered the best set of corners in the league, Michael Lewis returns to Pro Bowl form because he gets to play near the LoS, and Mark Roman still sucks.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:16 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

any word on oc and qb coach spot?
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
and Mark Roman still sucks.
Was there any doubt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
any word on oc and qb coach spot?
No. Whoever they bring in at OC will be bringing their own QB coach to be their future successor, so that the team actually has some stability in their playbook, instead of a new one each year.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:38 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, Linehan already said no. Who else are we seriously looking at?

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they need to open it up to more candidates at this point. I believe they originally assumed they would be able to lock in one of the 4 they liked the best, but now arguable the top 2 candidates haven't taken the job.

I like Rathman as a RB coach, but I don't think he has the necessary coordinator play-calling and improvisation skills to be an elite OC option.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Well, Linehan already said no. Who else are we seriously looking at?
Probably guys on the Steelers/Cards staff, as well as people who are at the Senior Bowl. Apparently, lots of unemployed coaches go to the Senior Bowl and Combine to pass out resumes and do unofficial interviews.

Also, Linehan isnt taking the Niner job because he probably thinks he can land a better gig, in his eyes. Something like the Jets OC or whatever.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Burger
Rookie

Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am from Sacramento and I am forced to follow the 9ers. Singletary is looking at BJ Raji right now. Fields is going to be a FA as Franklin has a year left.
Burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:02 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With linehan rejecting us, i wouldnt mind Chudzinski as our OC. He'd definitely utilize Vernon Davis and Frank Gore. Brian Schottenheimer might be available too and i hope we interview him if he's available.

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 01-19-2009 at 05:07 PM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:31 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

since everyone wants a f.s. why not let goldson and reggie smith play it out and make a move w/ philly for lito shepard? i mean it ould be cheap and could pay off playing w/ clements.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:09 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger View Post
I am from Sacramento
I'm originally from Lake County.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Brian Schottenheimer might be available too and i hope we interview him if he's available.
He might stay on in New York but I hope we get a chance to interview him, he could be a good catch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I'm originally from Lake County.
And I'm from Redding... I dont know why I'm sharing that haha.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
He might stay on in New York but I hope we get a chance to interview him, he could be a good catch.

And I'm from Redding... I dont know why I'm sharing that haha.
And i'm from Idaho.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:50 PM    (permalink
goonie61
Rookie

goonie61 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ok now I am starting to get mad because Scott has us taking Mark Sanchez in the first round even with Oher available!!

The more I think about it the more I like the idea of taking Raji in the first round, he weighed in at 334lbs in the senior bowl that is plenty to be a NT. He seems like Casey Hampton. I think he will basically fix our d-line once and for all and we can finally forget about it
Old 01-19-2009, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonie61 View Post
Ok now I am starting to get mad because Scott has us taking Mark Sanchez in the first round even with Oher available!!

The more I think about it the more I like the idea of taking Raji in the first round, he weighed in at 334lbs in the senior bowl that is plenty to be a NT. He seems like Casey Hampton. I think he will basically fix our d-line once and for all and we can finally forget about it
With every passing day I learn more towards taking Raji.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

raji could be there if sf trades down. i like jason smith over m.oher.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Why Smith is a terrible fit for our offense.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:10 PM    (permalink
woodyx02
Rookie

woodyx02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.woodyx02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
They couldn't move down for Raji. Denver would take him at 12 if he is there. I would take him over Brown for sure but not over Oher.
woodyx02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:34 PM    (permalink
FG4prez
Rookie

FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.

in agreement with woody, i would take raji over brown but not oher, another top ot or orakpo. however, id take sanchez over raji.
FG4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG4prez View Post
in agreement with woody, i would take raji over brown but not oher, another top ot or orakpo. however, id take sanchez over raji.
You fail sir.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
You fail sir.
EPIC fail!
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote