Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-29-2011, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabscuttle View Post
Fair enough. He's raw, but he better live football if he wants to catch up.
Harbaugh said that the "wiring" in guys was very apparent and a reason why they are selecting these guys with lots of upside. Guys who love the game and love to get better and are willing to work is what you want to have as part of your draft class each year. Let's have faith that they evaluated them properly.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:51 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we take another quarterback late, I'd love to roll the dice on Tyrod Taylor. Colin Kaepernick is an alright pick. Hopefully he pans out. I haven't watched much college ball so I haven't seen him play that much, but at this point in time I've giving Harbaugh the benefit of the doubt as our new head coach and assume he knows what he's doing. We shall see.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 04-30-2011 at 04:00 AM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 06:15 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
If we take another quarterback late, I'd love to roll the dice on Tyrod Taylor. Colin Kaepernick is an alright pick. Hopefully he pans out. I haven't watched much college ball so I haven't seen him play that much, but at this point in time I've giving Harbaugh the benefit of the doubt as our new head coach and assume he knows what he's doing. We shall see.
I have been wanting Tyrod ever since watching Three for the Show on ESPN.

I think that he is the prototypical (if there is one) 3rd string/developmental guy
Old 04-30-2011, 07:33 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not sure why the youtube didn't work, but here's the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NNizpJO3gk

Last edited by king2am : 04-30-2011 at 07:38 AM.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 08:01 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Possible targets for the final day no particular order

Christian Ballard - Great value at this point, I know he's #1 for Scott - i just think he'd be a great addition to our front rotation

Taiwan Jones - Adds the speed back to the offense we've been lacking

Jalil Brown - I think he's my guy for the 4th round. Another big framed kid int he secondary

Sam Acho - You can never have enough of these guys

Greg Salas

Davon House

Marcus Cannon - I know Harbaugh is a ground and pound kind of guy, but does Cannon fit, or is he just far too large?

Virgil Green - With all the tape they watched on Kaepernick, and Harbaughs' love for TEs in his offense - I think if he's available in the 6th he's a slam dunk to be a 49er.

Owen Marecic - love the kid

Roy Helu Jr. - worth a shot I think, has all the physical ability and we need horses in the stable

Tyrod Taylor
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:04 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am View Post
Possible targets for the final day no particular order

Christian Ballard - Great value at this point, I know he's #1 for Scott - i just think he'd be a great addition to our front rotation

Taiwan Jones - Adds the speed back to the offense we've been lacking

Jalil Brown - I think he's my guy for the 4th round. Another big framed kid int he secondary

Sam Acho - You can never have enough of these guys

Greg Salas

Davon House

Marcus Cannon - I know Harbaugh is a ground and pound kind of guy, but does Cannon fit, or is he just far too large?

Virgil Green - With all the tape they watched on Kaepernick, and Harbaughs' love for TEs in his offense - I think if he's available in the 6th he's a slam dunk to be a 49er.

Owen Marecic - love the kid

Roy Helu Jr. - worth a shot I think, has all the physical ability and we need horses in the stable

Tyrod Taylor
Good list. I wish SF didn't have such a huge gap between the 4th and 6th round picks. Would have been ideal to add another pass rusher (Acho, Carter) and then draft Owen Marecic with the 5th rounder.

But with just the 4th I would no issue taking Marecic. Knows the offense and can contribute on special teams. Also think if Edmond Gates is on the board they will think about him. Reminds me a lot of another WR they targeted in last year's draft in Emmanuel Sanders.

Other players I want to see targeted:
QB: T.J. Yates, Greg McElroy, Adam Froman (local pick!), Pat Devlin
RB: Hoping Jacquizz Rodgers falls to round 6 /crosses fingers (Not happening)
WR: Sales, Jeff Mahel

Would like to add a NT at some point in the draft. Jerrell Powe seems to be a good developmental project. Scrolling through the workout list the small school guys of WRs Raymond Webber, Jordan Watson, and OLB Marc Schiechl look like good flier picks with no ability to sign UDFA once the draft ends.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Burton would be another corner to look at, Johnson at safety.

I haven't looked at receivers too much, but good west coast receivers tend to be tougher than Crabtree.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:40 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I noticed a lot of you guys have questions about Culliver...

Another Niners poster asked me about him in the draft thread, here's that post. Any other questions about him, just ask. haha.

Quote:
He's a fantastic athlete. Came to SCAR as a 5 star WR. Played WR, S, and CB at SCAR. Though his move from S to CB was more of a demotion, due to his suspect tackling ability and his lack of playmaking. His technique is unconventional/could use refinement, but he plays with a lot of swagger and has good overall range. He's a return guy, with excellent timed speed...however, I never saw that speed translate to his returns often. He is still a solid return man, though. He just doenst look like a 4.3 guy out there.

He needs work, but athletically speaking, he's a hell of a talent. And while he never became a major star in college, he was good player...who was normally solid in coverage and sometimes great. He does possess good cover skills and he showed a lot of flashes throughout his tenure at SCAR. And make no doubt about it...he's a corner in the pros.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:44 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

my take on the 1st - 3rd picks.

1. aldon smith - don't know much about him so i can't say anything good/bad. on tape he looks the part. he needs to add some weight but the comparisons to demarcus ware i can live with that. its going to take some time but when he is ready looks like a guy who can be good. sort of a reach but it's early to tell.

2. colin kaepernick - did sf need a quaterback? yes. this guy needs work but this league is always looking for the next " mike vick " it seems. if anyone can work with him, its the coach. i hope this pick pans out.

3. chris culliver - another reach but consider this. he held his own against julio jones among other top wrs. he played wr so he has an idea of ins/outs of what they want to do. he can be coached. nobody has said anything bad about him other than needs to mature. i'm 28 and still get told that so go figure...
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Harbaugh said that the "wiring" in guys was very apparent and a reason why they are selecting these guys with lots of upside. Guys who love the game and love to get better and are willing to work is what you want to have as part of your draft class each year. Let's have faith that they evaluated them properly.
I'm hoping so. This wouldn't have worked with our last coaching staff, but Harbaugh and the coaches he surrounds himself with seem to get a lot out of their players.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Not going to complain about Hunter. He could do really well for us.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:59 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kendall Hunter, RB, OK State. Didn't think he was going to make it this far. A few teams gave him a 2nd round grade . Excited to add some speed to the backfield.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:23 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Marecic off the board. Shall we take a 290 pound converted fullback?
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...-fullback.html
Old 04-30-2011, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love, love, love the Hunter pick.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Marecic off the board. Shall we take a 290 pound converted fullback?
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...-fullback.html
Sweet Zombie Jesus. He runs a 4.72, that's some explosion for a man that size. I'd hate to be a 3-4 Ted and have to deal with that for 30 carries.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Victory X
Rookie

Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No pick till the 6th round, where we will have 7 picks left.
Victory X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:22 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

49ers trade up for Daniel Kilgore, G, Appalachian St. 6'4 308 lbs.
Wes Bunting on Kilgore:
Quote:
Can't say I think much of #49ers pick Dan Kilgore as a prospect, but he is the nastiest OL I saw all year, mean son of a gun
Will fit in well with Davis.

Trade details:
Quote:
The 49ers sent 6th round (#174 overall) and 7th round (#231 overall) to Green Bay to move up to 163.
Rotoworld's take:
Quote:
San Francisco surrendered the No. 174 and No. 231 picks to move up and take Kilgore, who is extremely raw but has great upside. His technique needs an overhaul, but he was known as a fierce, even nasty, competitor during his time in college. Thanks to only average athleticism, however, he's going to need a lot of coaching before he's ready to join the Niners rotation along their offensive line.
ESPN.com
Quote:
He is a limited athlete but is a tough as they come and plays with a nasty disposition. In addition he has enough short-area quickness and strength to develop as an effective reserve.

Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? : 04-30-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Grab that fullback you mentioned or draft that powerlifter freak dt and convert him. Iupati, Baas, Kilgore and Davis is some nastiness in the run game. CK's fast so he can just run for his life on passing plays. Byham and Davis for running out of the two tight end set.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:00 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just my opinion -

It seems like every draft pick is a prospect with the wait and see develop approach which isnt a bad thing but the question is will these guys develop while Harbaugh is still the head coach? If guys take years to develop and we continue our losing trend, I dont see the current coaching staff being around in a few years to finally see if the years it took to develop these guys paid off.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Just my opinion -

It seems like every draft pick is a prospect with the wait and see develop approach which isnt a bad thing but the question is will these guys develop while Harbaugh is still the head coach? If guys take years to develop and we continue our losing trend, I dont see the current coaching staff being around in a few years to finally see if the years it took to develop these guys paid off.
Well, Harbaugh is signed for 5 years, so he has at least a solid 3 year plan going at this point. Maybe these guys won't reach their potential in the first year or two, but by year 3, they should have a real good idea on where they're going to fit in on the team, if they haven't yet been replaced by another player on the depth chart with more talent/potential.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 04-30-2011, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

One thing to pay attention to with this draft class is Thaddeus Gibson, a 3rd Round pick of the Steelers last year that the Niners plucked off of waivers. He was inactive for the remaining games last year as an investment in the future. If he could develop as an outside pass-rusher, that adds another guy to the mix that is basically like having another draft pick from this class. The move was made before Harbaugh, but I'm interested to see if he sticks around.

Old 04-30-2011, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

I'm not a huge Ronald Johnson fan, but we need some competition at receiver and he can be productive. Receiver could be an early target in next year's draft.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:33 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a big USC fan, I've seen a lot of Johnson and I absolutely love this pick. He can start day 1 in the slot
Old 04-30-2011, 03:42 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with edge here. Johnson was one of my favorite receivers in the draft. Getting him in the 6th was crazy value, imo
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

So does this mean the likely end for Ted Ginn or Kyle Williams? I liked Williams as a prospect and the value he was in the 5th last year. He looked very fluid with good hands at the combine. I have to go back and look at Johnson's workouts again so I can learn more about him. Glad some of you who follow USC like him.

Still want them to address the D-Line depth in this draft, with a developmental NT or a 3/4 DE who has fallen. Some good prospects still on the board.