Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 07-28-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope we get Laboy back very productive in the short amount of snaps he was given.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:23 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haven't heard much of the niners and Aso today. Everyone is saying it's between then Texans and Jets now.

We apparently are showing interest in Joseph now.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:22 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we need to throw the bank at SOMEONE! our current defensive back corps is horrid!

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:54 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
I really hope we get Laboy back very productive in the short amount of snaps he was given.
Quote:
Matt Barrows

I'm hearing that San Diego, Seattle and San Francisco -- in that order -- are showing interest in FA OLB Travis LaBoy.
http://twitter.com/#!/mattbarrows
Old 07-28-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
Haven't heard much of the niners and Aso today. Everyone is saying it's between then Texans and Jets now.

We apparently are showing interest in Joseph now.
Everyone says Texans because no State Tax.
Everyone says Jets because they're a media darling.

I don't really think anyone actually knows.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:58 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Everyone says Texans because no State Tax.
Everyone says Jets because they're a media darling.

I don't really think anyone actually knows.
Gotta agree. This feels exactly like the Harbaugh deal. When Miami and Stanford offered him more money no one thought he would sign with us.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:21 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, Joseph just signed with the Texans... There goes the backup plan
Old 07-28-2011, 07:31 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

I can't imagine (at least I hope not) that Baalke would've cut Clements if he wasn't pretty certain he was getting a top CB.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So if we miss out on ASO that leaves us with, Cromartie, Carr, Rodgers, and Marshall. I have heard the Niners have been in contact with Marshall and Carr Cromartie looks like he's going to be a Raider.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:39 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Laboy has been getting a lot of interest. Sounds like it will come down to SD or Seattle. You guys are in on him as well, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:46 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather have Brooks and Gibson over Laboy... Don't really care for him
Old 07-28-2011, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashon Goldson View Post
I wanna be in San Fran and in camp jus as much as u fans want me to be but as we all experienced the last 4mnths, its a business side to it
This per Goldsons twitter moments ago.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:32 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crabtree out 4-6 weeks.
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...njury-wil.html
Quote:
The foot injury that kept Michael Crabtree out of player-run practices in June is more serious than previously believed, and the 49ers' top wideout could miss four to six weeks of training camp and the preseason, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
Now we know why we had interest in Ochocinco. Should put 49ers in market for Jones or Floyd now.
"When I'm on the field, my one thought is to completely annihilate you and do everything in my power to make you fail. I don't have a single thought about what my hair looks like, what my shoes look like, why my shirt's unbuttoned. I don't care who you are or what you've done in this game. - Brian Wilson
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

I wouldn't mind bringing in TO. Although i know most 49er fans wouldn't approve.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
I wouldn't mind bringing in TO. Although i know most 49er fans wouldn't approve.
Wouldn't put TO as priority. He's a fallback plan, and he even said he expects to be ready by the start of the season - no idea if his knee will be 100% at that point or halfway through the season.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:43 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verloren View Post
Wouldn't put TO as priority. He's a fallback plan, and he even said he expects to be ready by the start of the season - no idea if his knee will be 100% at that point or halfway through the season.
Damn, i forgot about his knee problem.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:27 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to see T.O. return and im getting sick and tired with Crabtree. Every year its something with him. Now, im sure you guys can see why I wanted Holmes. Oh well, wouldnt mind James Jones but whatever.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:28 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As for TO's injuries, he came back from a broken fibula in what six weeks back in 2005 and while its six years later, he's always kept himself in perfect conditioning and shape. I wouldnt bet against him to return week one.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:31 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

CB wise, im still hoping we get Marshall at least. Aso and Marshall would be awesome but if we can at least get Marshall, I'll be a happy camper.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they sign T.O., I will quit being a 9er fan. Straight up. Did they forget the giant dump he took on the team after he left? All the **** he talked about the franchise? If they don't have enough pride to tell him to **** off, then I don't want to support that kind of team.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:08 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with you Borat I'll just move on over to Denver since I can fallow Tebow there and watch him take over that team and see what he can do.I would not want T.O or Ocho because of their attitude of the game.Just don't it again or the team fans will just die in fears once again.He is no Jerry Rice.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:32 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
If they sign T.O., I will quit being a 9er fan. Straight up. Did they forget the giant dump he took on the team after he left? All the **** he talked about the franchise? If they don't have enough pride to tell him to **** off, then I don't want to support that kind of team.
What exactly did he say about the franchise? And against who? And quite honestly, our team has SUCKED since 2003 and all of us here including me have bashed our team in one way, shape or form. Whether it be Donahue, Nolan, Singletary, etc., we've all bashed the team so how's that any different?

Personally, TO's work ethic on the field and desire to win is what I care about. I dont give two craps about what happened seven years ago when he left. Crabtree is already a ******* diva but maybe he can get TO's work ethic and desire to win which would be worth it in my opinion.

With that being said, we need another WR. I have said it since before the draft and I'll say it again. We need another WR who can force Crabtree to step it up. While I would have preferred Holmes, I wouldnt mind James Jones but I dont see him as being a threat to Crabtree. I do see Braylon Edwards as a threat if he can stop dropping passes and getting arrested but I dont want him so it doesnt matter. Back to TO, if he can perform like he did last year, he would still be better than any WR on our team. Sad but true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I'm with you Borat I'll just move on over to Denver since I can fallow Tebow there and watch him take over that team and see what he can do.I would not want T.O or Ocho because of their attitude of the game.Just don't it again or the team fans will just die in fears once again.He is no Jerry Rice.
Tebow??? That guy was outshined by Orton and Brady Quinn today in TC. Tebow is NOT a franchise QB. Orton is pretty damn good. Look at his stats the last two seasons and who's his top WR? Brandon "duck" Lloyd??? Imagine if he had a premier WR to throw to.

And im happy the Cardinals acquired Kolb. He'll be gone in two years. ARZ should have went after Orton instead but im happy they didnt. So, basically the Rams are still the only team with a franchise QB which is good for us since we have a better team than the Seahawks and Cardinals. :)
Old 07-28-2011, 11:37 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Side notes -

It looks like we are going after Bears C Olin Kreutz. I hope we get him because if not, we're screwed. And the Chiefs released OG Brian Waters. I know he's a LG but I wouldnt mind him to replace Rachal at RG and be a veteran presence next to Davis. Thoughts?
Old 07-28-2011, 11:40 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

And I almost forgot, we agreed to a contract with Eagles K David Akers and will release Nedney. Hmmm, am I the only one who thinks that replacing a 38 year old kicker with a 36 year old kicker makes no sense? I was hoping to keep Reed but I really wanted to see us go after Packers K Mason Crosby. Oh well.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
What exactly did he say about the franchise? And against who? And quite honestly, our team has SUCKED since 2003 and all of us here including me have bashed our team in one way, shape or form. Whether it be Donahue, Nolan, Singletary, etc., we've all bashed the team so how's that any different.
Honestly Dan, if you can't tell the difference, I'm not going to waste my time trying to explain it to you.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote