Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 01-21-2009, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I agree. I think there will still be some talent in the 4th and 5th plus we have so many other needs.
If Bomar were there for us in the 4th and they drafted him, I would be okay with that.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Fogcity_faithful
Rookie

Fogcity_faithful hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i like bomar there, harrell i think would be a nice choice late to develop for a few seasons. I like the max unger choice-he is filthy good, more partial to mack, but that is because i dislike the ducks. either would be a strong pickup, especially with the ability to play all the spots on the line
Fogcity_faithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:47 AM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
mock draft if it's based on what i saw this morning on the nfl network.

1. bj raji - dt
2. max unger - c/g/t
3. larry english - de
4. jermiah johnson - rb
5. graham harrell - qb
6. ryan plamer - cb
7. maurice crum jr - ilb

after patrick chung there really isn't anything special @ the free safety spot. my mays returning to school, it's a pretty weak class.
Patrick Chung is a strong safety prospect, we need help at FS.

I like Rashard Johnson, but I'm not sure he's worth our second if there's a tackle available and he probably won't last til our third...
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

1. bj raji - dt
2. max unger - c/g/t
3. larry english - de
4. jermiah johnson - rb
5. graham harrell - qb
6. ryan plamer - cb
7. maurice crum jr - ilb

after patrick chung there really isn't anything special @ the free safety spot. my mays returning to school, it's a pretty weak class.
Chung is a SS for the last ******* time.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogcity_faithful View Post
i like bomar there, harrell i think would be a nice choice late to develop for a few seasons. I like the max unger choice-he is filthy good, more partial to mack, but that is because i dislike the ducks. either would be a strong pickup, especially with the ability to play all the spots on the line
I don't care for Harrell. Nothing about him really stands out physically and he's been in an awful system, from a developmental standpoint, his whole college career.

Old 01-21-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
goonie61
Rookie

goonie61 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

1. bj raji - dt
2. max unger - c/g/t
3. larry english - de
4. jermiah johnson - rb
5. graham harrell - qb
6. ryan plamer - cb
7. maurice crum jr - ilb

I dont think English will last until the third round, but if he did that would be great. I hate the Harrel pick and I have no idea who Unger is. I think if we got Raji, R. Johson, and English then our D would be SICK.

What combination would be better Raji-English or Brace-Brown???? I think Raji-English because English looks stronger than Brown but idk.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonie61 View Post
I dont think English will last until the third round, but if he did that would be great. I hate the Harrel pick and I have no idea who Unger is. I think if we got Raji, R. Johson, and English then our D would be SICK.

What combination would be better Raji-English or Brace-Brown???? I think Raji-English because English looks stronger than Brown but idk.
Brace has the same physical measurables as Raji but is not at all close talent-wise.

Old 01-21-2009, 08:41 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Chung is a SS for the last ******* time.
dude...just chill.
johnson isn't someone i'm sold.
unger is a solid c, who can play all 3 spots. on monday they showcased him manhandling raji.
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
dude...just chill
I dont think he's getting mad at you but rather he and I have both noticed that people confuse his size for him being a FS when really he's always been a SS at Oregon.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:43 AM    (permalink
woodyx02
Rookie

woodyx02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.woodyx02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Just read that Coach Sing is asking potential OCs about Alex Smith during interviews. Appearently coach thinks Alex has great talent and his struggles are due to the OC changes. It looks like Alex is staying and will compete with Hill.
woodyx02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:55 AM    (permalink
woodyx02
Rookie

woodyx02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.woodyx02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This is what another web site said about Raji during Sr Bowl practice.

"DT B.J. Raji was the most impressive defensive lineman on the day. He displays impressive power and body control during one-on-one sessions and was consistently able to drive defenders into the backfield. He exhibited a power rip and knows how to make plays versus the pass."

Raji at Media day

"Boston College DT B.J. Raji is an intelligent, well-spoken individual who was very relaxed and funny with reporters. He discussed with me the first-day weigh-in and the experience of a being 6-2, 334-pound man asked to parade around in his underwear in front of scouts. Raji also laughed about the push-ups and sit-ups that many of the receivers, corners and running backs did to get that last second “pump” before they walked on stage."

Day 2
"Can’t say enough about the performance of DT B.J. Raji. He is having a performance similar to former USC DT Sedrick Ellis a year ago. Raji has been dominant, consistently beating blockers with his combination of power and suddenness. He even flattened C Max Unger on one play, putting him on his back. Raji’s stock is at hot as ever, and he could be headed for a top-10 pick."
Old 01-22-2009, 01:12 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyx02 View Post
This is what another web site said about Raji during Sr Bowl practice.

"DT B.J. Raji was the most impressive defensive lineman on the day. He displays impressive power and body control during one-on-one sessions and was consistently able to drive defenders into the backfield. He exhibited a power rip and knows how to make plays versus the pass."

Raji at Media day

"Boston College DT B.J. Raji is an intelligent, well-spoken individual who was very relaxed and funny with reporters. He discussed with me the first-day weigh-in and the experience of a being 6-2, 334-pound man asked to parade around in his underwear in front of scouts. Raji also laughed about the push-ups and sit-ups that many of the receivers, corners and running backs did to get that last second “pump” before they walked on stage."

Day 2
"Can’t say enough about the performance of DT B.J. Raji. He is having a performance similar to former USC DT Sedrick Ellis a year ago. Raji has been dominant, consistently beating blockers with his combination of power and suddenness. He even flattened C Max Unger on one play, putting him on his back. Raji’s stock is at hot as ever, and he could be headed for a top-10 pick."
Nothing I couldn't have told you ;)
Old 01-22-2009, 09:03 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Just read that Coach Sing is asking potential OCs about Alex Smith during interviews. Appearently coach thinks Alex has great talent and his struggles are due to the OC changes. It looks like Alex is staying and will compete with Hill.
i really hope not
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:02 AM    (permalink
woodyx02
Rookie

Those were my thoughts originally but at least according to this the niners will have no interest in a QB high in the draft
Old 01-22-2009, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
i really hope not
Why he can still be a great QB in this league. If he is healthy I think he will be.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Those were my thoughts originally but at least according to this the niners will have no interest in a QB high in the draft
Which is good because I'd rather we spend our picks on positions that need help. I wouldnt touch any QB until round 4, personally.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Which is good because I'd rather we spend our picks on positions that need help. I wouldnt touch any QB until round 4, personally.
I totally agree.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Alex has enough potential upside to remain with the team another 1-2 years upon revising his contract. How bad would the Niners feel if he went to a division rival like the Seahawks and turned into a great QB that would haunt us for years? They made the investment drafting him first overall and they have to make sure there aren't any doubts remaining before ending his tenure with the Niners. If not, they may regret it.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
I think Alex has enough potential upside to remain with the team another 1-2 years upon revising his contract. How bad would the Niners feel if he went to a division rival like the Seahawks and turned into a great QB that would haunt us for years? They made the investment drafting him first overall and they have to make sure there aren't any doubts remaining before ending his tenure with the Niners. If not, they may regret it.
Exactly which is why I want him to remain with the team, and have him and Shaun Hill battle it out for the starting spot.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:12 AM    (permalink
woodyx02
Rookie

I think they need to let Hill start from day 1. Keep Alex around in case Hill doesnt work out but Hill cant start the season on the bench again that would be terrible
Old 01-22-2009, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
I think they need to let Hill start from day 1. Keep Alex around in case Hill doesnt work out but Hill cant start the season on the bench again that would be terrible
When Hill took over the first time it was because Alex was injured, and he hasn't been healthy since. I still think Alex deserves a shot to compete.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Fogcity_faithful
Rookie

Fogcity_faithful hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i think that smith will do better when he is not expected to be a savior. i think that he should be able to compete for the spot from a back up role. i agree that he still has potential, he is still among one of the youngest qb in the league. i think a late round qb would be a good choice, and the more i hear about raji the more i like him.
Fogcity_faithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:40 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You have a link to that article because I would like to read it? I am a huge Smith supporter but I am worried about depending on Smith. I have to wonder how damaged that shoulder is with the injury he sustained before the start of the '08 season. I do think it is wise to bring Smith back at a reduced price, especially since SF has already invested $30 million in him. I am crossing my fingers that he can start throwing full strength by OTAs.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
You have a link to that article because I would like to read it? I am a huge Smith supporter but I am worried about depending on Smith. I have to wonder how damaged that shoulder is with the injury he sustained before the start of the '08 season. I do think it is wise to bring Smith back at a reduced price, especially since SF has already invested $30 million in him. I am crossing my fingers that he can start throwing full strength by OTAs.
Hope so we could sure use him.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:03 PM    (permalink
woodyx02
Rookie

Since we were talking about him, here is an update on Alex Smith as well as why Linehan said no.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...%20and%20Q%26A