Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 08-04-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This could possibly the most dangerous three WR set in the nation. I think putting Crabs in the slot would be ******* dangerous.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
This could possibly the most dangerous three WR set in the nation. I think putting Crabs in the slot would be ******* dangerous.
Yeah, but everyone has question marks. And in cases like these, it almost always never works out.

1. Braylon is inconsistent.

2. Crabtree hasn't even broken out yet and has a questionable work ethic, attitude as well. Not to mention he's hurt again.

3. Josh Morgan is inconsistent and hasn't even "broken" out yet...although I personally like his potential compared to everyone else.

I'm just glad we have Vernon Davis. At least that is one target that is legitimate.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:32 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only thing that gives me solace in the Edwards signing is that it is a one-year deal. He's a Niner now so I will support him but honestly, I'm not expecting a whole lot. It be interesting to see how he approaches the mental side of things once he realizes that VD is our #1 WR and not him. Wonder what his reaction will be if Zeigler doesnt give up #17? Little things like that worry me with guys like him who have a history of diva-like behavior. But enough of the negative, he does bring a legitmate outside the numbers threat, which can only make VD and Walker that much more dangerous.

The Whitner signing was HUGE. You talking about a guy who is a tackling machine and is more adapt in coverae than ppl give him credit for. He's no Polomalu but he has a definte nose for the ball. And it seems Fangio is more than pleased with Reggie Smith at FS, which is music to my ears. AND consider Whitner is only 26, so we get him for 3 years in his prime.....excellent. Bit of a attitude problem but hoping a change in scenery will help curb that. Went to the Bengals main board and they are pissed.....they really thought they had Whitner.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 08-04-2011 at 08:39 PM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Whitner has a nose for the ball, but he is a good tackling machine.

Quote:
Old 08-04-2011, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
In red zone drills, Alex Smith's first pass was picked off by Tarell Brown. He then completes all passes following in the drill.
Apparently Kapernick hasn't look that great in the redzone.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 08-04-2011 at 08:39 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:55 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Apparently Kapernick hasn't look that great in the redzone.
that quote is like a double win. those flashes i've been talking about from brown.. A.Smith completing passes

Old 08-04-2011, 09:15 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think Whitner has a nose for the ball, but he is a good tackling machine.
If your a tackling machine, you must have a nose for the ball.....I didnt mean it in a ball-hawk sense.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
If your a tackling machine, you must have a nose for the ball.....I didnt mean it in a ball-hawk sense.
That or the Bills linebackers are terrible.

Quote:
Old 08-04-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
they arent terrible

Old 08-04-2011, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Well I guess we'll see what happens when Whitner plays for us.

Quote:
Old 08-04-2011, 09:45 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Touche......but you don't just waltz your way into 140 tackles, with of 96 of those being solo. Whitner is around the ball alot. He's better than anything we've put on field at SS in a good while. Im eager to see how Fangio uses him. Under Manusky the safties were interchangeable. Not sure Fangio takes that approach.....stay tuned.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The signing of Braylon is huge since now if Crabtree is healthy he can actually play the slot where he is the most effective. I'm in the same boat with a lot of you about Braylon hated him in Cleveland but has had a very nice could years with the Jets love the signing.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well I guess we'll see what happens when Whitner plays for us.
You realize that Goldson has had a boat load of tackles for the Niners the last couple years. with P-Willy and TKO, etc. I wouldn't call our LB core horrible the last 2 years but he's sil had the opportunity to make a lot of tackles. Goldson isn't as stout and as good of a tackler as Whitner IMO and having good tacklers (especially up the middle) is always good for a D. Balls are going to get caught by WRs and TEs and HBs are going to make it into the 2nd and 3rd levels at times so it's good to have guys that will stuff them, limiting the damage. I believe Whitner will help with that and am excited to see him paired with Smith at FS.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:02 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
You realize that Goldson has had a boat load of tackles for the Niners the last couple years. with P-Willy and TKO, etc. I wouldn't call our LB core horrible the last 2 years but he's sil had the opportunity to make a lot of tackles. Goldson isn't as stout and as good of a tackler as Whitner IMO and having good tacklers (especially up the middle) is always good for a D. Balls are going to get caught by WRs and TEs and HBs are going to make it into the 2nd and 3rd levels at times so it's good to have guys that will stuff them, limiting the damage. I believe Whitner will help with that and am excited to see him paired with Smith at FS.
he seems like the stout guy while smith is more the finesse guy who will pick the ball. im excited too

Old 08-05-2011, 11:07 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cannot believe we basically got Edwards for free...

Quote:
@MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

49ers' deal for WR Braylon Edwards is $1M base w/no guaranteed money. He only gets full $3.5M if he catches 90 passes and makes Pro Bowl.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:28 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

thats how contracts should be. good on the FO this offseason. i wasn't too thrilled with it starting out but became pleased with it the last couple days

Old 08-05-2011, 12:22 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We got Edwards for a steal and if he becomes a jackass or gets arrested or whatever before Sept. 11, we can release him and he gets nothing. What would have made this deal better is if it was longer and guaranteed money added in 2012 and beyond.

Still happy and I checked the ratings for Madden. Edwards and Whitner are both 85 on the Jets and Bills respectively. I just hope when EA releases the roster update that both players are rated the same as they are in the default rosters.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:16 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Cannot believe we basically got Edwards for free...
Couldn't believe it when I saw that. Amazing how bad he tanked his own market the past few months.

Looking forward to seeing him a week from now. Been awhile since we have have had a proven WR with the talent that Edwards possess.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Yeah well we will see how things unfold.

Quote:
Old 08-06-2011, 01:49 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Looks like we're hurting already at corner. Spencer sat out his fourth full day of practice. I hope it's nothing serious.

Quote:
Old 08-06-2011, 02:09 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really wish we would try to trade for Eagles CB Asante Samuel. With Asomugha and DRC most likely set as the starters, Samuel becomes a nickelback and he's too damn good to be a NB. He would be the playmaker that we havent had since hmmmm, well, I dont even remember. Thats how long its been. Start him opposite Spencer/Rogers (with the other being the NB and Brown the DB) and we have a much improved secondary compared to last year.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:11 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

UGH. Looks like Braylon Edwards still doesnt "get it".

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-the-next-to/

*shakes head*
Old 08-06-2011, 02:29 AM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
UGH. Looks like Braylon Edwards still doesnt "get it".

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-the-next-to/

*shakes head*
I don't see how this is a negative. He doesn't wanna be a diva douchebag/locker-room cancer.

Last edited by hawkeye123 : 08-06-2011 at 02:32 AM.
hawkeye123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 02:33 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
I don't see how this is a negative. He doesn't wanna be a diva douche.
yeah, nothing of note really... He's saying he wants a fresh start and doesn't want any comparison to TO.

I think Dan doesn't like it because he's in love with TO...
Old 08-06-2011, 03:06 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
I don't see how this is a negative. He doesn't wanna be a diva douchebag/locker-room cancer.
Yeah.....why be a diva douchebag/locker room cancer when you can be a better human being by getting arrested every few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
yeah, nothing of note really... He's saying he wants a fresh start and doesn't want any comparison to TO.

I think Dan doesn't like it because he's in love with TO...
TO is my favorite player and yeah, he's an asshole but one the field, he's one of the best receivers of all-time. Why wouldnt Edwards want to be TO in that regard? And im sorry but is already a diva douchebag/locker room cancer but without the stats and playmaking ability to back it up. And did I mention he gets in legal trouble every few months?

You guys hate TO. Fine but how can anyone not want to see Edwards play like TO on the field instead of trying to be his dropped every pass thrown to him self?