Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 08-06-2011, 04:14 AM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Yeah.....why be a diva douchebag/locker room cancer when you can be a better human being by getting arrested every few months.

TO is my favorite player and yeah, he's an asshole but one the field, he's one of the best receivers of all-time. Why wouldnt Edwards want to be TO in that regard? And im sorry but is already a diva douchebag/locker room cancer but without the stats and playmaking ability to back it up. And did I mention he gets in legal trouble every few months?

You guys hate TO. Fine but how can anyone not want to see Edwards play like TO on the field instead of trying to be his dropped every pass thrown to him self?
His point is that he doesn't want to attract any off the field attention/issues. Something TO has failed to do 90% of his career.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:20 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
His point is that he doesn't want to attract any off the field attention/issues. Something TO has failed to do 90% of his career.
WHAT???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? THATS ALL EDWARDS HAS DONE SINCE HE WAS IN CLEVELAND. COME ON.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 04:20 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
UGH. Looks like Braylon Edwards still doesnt "get it".

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-the-next-to/

*shakes head*
Very poorly written article IMO. I think most people would pick up that he means he's not trying to wear out his welcome or become a cancer in the locker room. He didn't by any means imply that he didn't want to be associated with a HOF type of player.

This is the prime example players talk about where they say something, and the writer twist it into whatever he wants it to be. I'm not sure what he said in this entire atricle that makes him "not get it".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:02 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Very poorly written article IMO. I think most people would pick up that he means he's not trying to wear out his welcome or become a cancer in the locker room. He didn't by any means imply that he didn't want to be associated with a HOF type of player.

This is the prime example players talk about where they say something, and the writer twist it into whatever he wants it to be. I'm not sure what he said in this entire atricle that makes him "not get it".
Completely agree. I actually saw the segment were he said this and he didn't give off any bad vibes at all. The reporters even laughed along with him. He was completely humble about the entire situation. PFT really screwed this one up.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:42 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
PFT really screwed this one up.
Shocking revelation :)
Old 08-06-2011, 12:30 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

How anyone could read that and miscontrue it as a negative is beyond me. Worse, people actually fell for it.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:05 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's worse is that people are defending Edwards for not wanting to become a locker room cancer when he has already done that TWICE and has done far worse than TO has ever done in his life.

Its true what they say, when a player is on your team, he's a Saint no matter what but once the time comes that he's no longer on the team, he's crap.

You guys hate TO, fine, I get that but yet you're defending someone who's worse in every possible way? That I dont get or understand because it doesnt make any sense.

It will be funny as hell to see what all of you will be saying if he gets released before September 11th.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right...Edwards talked down on more than three teams...

Quote:
Old 08-06-2011, 01:22 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Right...Edwards talked down on more than three teams...
He doesnt need to talk. His actions speak louder and the actions by CLE to trade him and the inaction by Ryan to keep him in NY say far more than anyone else ever could. And if he doesnt make the final 53 roster, then it will be three teams.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
He doesnt need to talk. His actions speak louder and the actions by CLE to trade him and the inaction by Ryan to keep him in NY say far more than anyone else ever could. And if he doesnt make the final 53 roster, then it will be three teams.
This is a silly argument. I like TO fine, but I still would sign Edwards over him. TO can't play for the first half of this year. Edwards was signed cause the Niners have 1 other legit starter to begin the year.

Edwards has some character concerns, so does TO. The main difference between them is that one of them can currently run.

Edwards was a good, low risk signing, and automatically becomes the most talented WR on the team. He actually reminds me of TO quite a bit.

Also, one thing to note, TO has never committed a crime, you're right, but people still can't stand him. What does that tell you about the guy? The Eagles were willing to sign the dogkiller, but couldn't handle TO...
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

T.O. is never allowed in our locker room again. Period. Can we please drop it.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a big Edwards fan, but hopefully he will grow up with the revelation that his behavior has cost him millions of dollars.As long as he doesn't get suspended he can be a taller deep threat that we don't have to threaten defences on the outside.

As far as TO goes. **** him. He didn't want to be here and no team wants him to stay for any period of time. He has never learned to be a good teammate and there is little hope for the guy now that he is nearing fifty.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
T.O. is never allowed in our locker room again. Period. Can we please drop it.
Nor is he coming to the 49ers no matter how much someone bitches and whines.

Quote:
Old 08-06-2011, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One player I would like the Baalke to take a good look at next year depending on Gore's health and how the young running backs develop is Michael Bush. He may be worth looking at even if things go well with the young guys if the team wants a bruiser in the back field. He signed his tender with the Raiders, but I doubt they extend him. He would look good behind Iupati.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:10 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He doesn't want to be the NEXT T.O. he wants to be Braylon Edwards. drop the TO ****, he's ******* old and when he chose to leave ended the era of us being a decent team. **** him i hope Braylon Edwards doesn't want to be anything like his ***** ass

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:06 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah.....why be a diva douchebag/locker room cancer when you can be a better human being by getting arrested every few months.

TO is my favorite player and yeah, he's an asshole but one the field, he's one of the best receivers of all-time. Why wouldnt Edwards want to be TO in that regard? And im sorry but is already a diva douchebag/locker room cancer but without the stats and playmaking ability to back it up. And did I mention he gets in legal trouble every few months?

You guys hate TO. Fine but how can anyone not want to see Edwards play like TO on the field instead of trying to be his dropped every pass thrown to him self?
Reach much? He said he doesn't want to be known as the next T.O. and for that you want to rag on him? Im glad he wants to be his own man. Nothing there was insult to T.O. in any way. And this is coming from one of Edwards most harshest critics.

A little blurb about standouts from the first week of camp. Source isnt a household name among Niner faithful so take it with a grain of salt http://www.examiner.com/san-francisc...k-of-practices
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:10 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabscuttle View Post
One player I would like the Baalke to take a good look at next year depending on Gore's health and how the young running backs develop is Michael Bush. He may be worth looking at even if things go well with the young guys if the team wants a bruiser in the back field. He signed his tender with the Raiders, but I doubt they extend him. He would look good behind Iupati.
Speaking of RBs, I'm a little puzzled as to why we haven't signed a more WCO-friendly type of FB to battle Norris in TC. Kory Hall was available but he was picked up by the Saints. Doesn't seem to be alot of guys left out there now. Anyone know if Tahi from the Vikes has been signed?
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:33 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Speaking of RBs, I'm a little puzzled as to why we haven't signed a more WCO-friendly type of FB to battle Norris in TC. Kory Hall was available but he was picked up by the Saints. Doesn't seem to be alot of guys left out there now. Anyone know if Tahi from the Vikes has been signed?
last i know of, tahi he hasn't been picked up.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:29 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeremiah Masoli is staying at QB and is our #3

http://twitter.com/#!/MaioccoCSN/sta...18277006315520
Old 08-06-2011, 11:05 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
Jeremiah Masoli is staying at QB and is our #3

http://twitter.com/#!/MaioccoCSN/sta...18277006315520
Until the 49ers sign a veteran. Then he'll play RB/KR/PS QB or he'll be cut.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:06 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Rex Ryan wanted Braylon to come back. I'm sure Braylon didn't like the Burress signing and felt he could be more of a #1 here than he'd ever be in New York.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:08 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I don't think that Harbaugh utilizes the FB the way Walsh did. Harbaugh's FB's only get 1 or 2 touches a game and mostly in short-yardage/goal-line situations. The FB will be mostly a lead-blocker in the Power sets. In other sets, I'm just assuming, but I've seen Delanie Walker lined up in front of Frankie G. Perhaps, that's a solution?
Old 08-06-2011, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
- Head coach Jim Harbaugh
During practices, he has punted the ball, caught the ball, thrown the ball, blocked on a running play and even played imitated a shutdown cornerback. His hands on approach has helped the players understand and engage into the new scheme.
Jim Harbaugh has been very hands-on during camp. Jim Harbaugh has been very hands-on during camp.
I almost want to cry.

Quote:
Old 08-07-2011, 02:58 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TC standouts as per Samuel Lam of the SF Examiner. Lot of young players seem to be impressing- 6 rookies made his standout list (4 drafted, 2 udfa)

http://www.examiner.com/san-francisc...k-of-practices
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 04:08 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

anyone have a list of guys in camp currently?