Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 09-06-2011, 06:30 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyRamsFan View Post
Dear Niners fans,

I am a Rams fan that comes in peace to your board. Recently the Rams signed Tony Wragge to be a backup guard/center. Could you folks please tell me a little about him?

Has he ever started for ya'll and what are his strengths and weaknesses as a player?

I've read on your board many posts regarding your dissatisfaction with your OL so I am a little apprehensive about a guy who couldn't bust the starting lineup with your team.

Thanks for your time. We will see ya'll very soon!! Lol...
Has game experience at all 5 OL positions. He's a great guy to have on the bench in case a starter goes down.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:20 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank you Ness and Phylsac for your responses to my question. From what I can gather the Rams like Wragge's size, physicality and that he can play multiple positions.

One last question if ya'll don't mind; in your opinion do you consider Wragge a better pass blocker or run blocker? And, finally, did he have much down time due to injury while he was with the Niners?

P.S. Well, I guess that's actually two questions isn't it? Heh...And I just asked a third one!! This is harder to stop than you think...LOL!!
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:39 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyRamsFan View Post
Thank you Ness and Phylsac for your responses to my question. From what I can gather the Rams like Wragge's size, physicality and that he can play multiple positions.

One last question if ya'll don't mind; in your opinion do you consider Wragge a better pass blocker or run blocker? And, finally, did he have much down time due to injury while he was with the Niners?

P.S. Well, I guess that's actually two questions isn't it? Heh...And I just asked a third one!! This is harder to stop than you think...LOL!!
To my knowledge, I dont recall Wragge ever being hurt. Maybe early in his PS years but not recently. And I would say he is slighty better in the run game but its not like he's terrible in pass pro or great in run blocking, he's decent all around. And I believe he was considered our strongest lineman when he was here, for what its worth. He's just not very athletic and has trouble working in space. But he could be a spot starter for a couple of games and give you solid play. We just had younger options that the staff liked so he was deemed expendable.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:57 AM    (permalink
MaybeDavis
Rookie

MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.

Tolzien wear the #16 in College and the Chargers and now #3 for the Niners...
Montana wear #3 in College and #16 for us... ;)
MaybeDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:02 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeDavis View Post
Tolzien wear the #16 in College and the Chargers and now #3 for the Niners...
Montana wear #3 in College and #16 for us... ;)

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Edwards won't be suspended. This is great news.

And apparently David Garrard has been in contact with several teams since been released. The 49ers may be one of them, but at this point I doubt they'd have interest.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:27 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very happy Edwards wont get suspended. Anyone know the starters for offense and defense for the opener Sunday?
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Madieu Williams is starting at safety for us Sunday.

Quote:
Veteran Madieu Williams will likely get the start at free safety Sunday in the 49ers' season opener against the Seattle Seahawks with Dashon Goldson expected to be out with a knee injury.

Goldson did not take part in practice Thursday, as he worked out individually on a side field, where the 49ers' outdoor weight room is situation. Goldson does not expect to be active for Sunday's game. He has been out since experiencing knee soreness a week ago.

Reggie Smith was atop the depth chart at free safety before undergoing arthroscopic surgery on his right knee on Aug. 8. He wore No. 29 at practice Thursday, indicating his role on the scout team as Seahawks safety Earl Thomas.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/09/08/11/W...94&feedID=5936

Goldson is banged up and it seems Reggie Smith might still be having problems with his lingering injury. Although it's unclear. In any case I don't have that much faith in Williams and the Seahawks may try to exploit him early.

And apparently we worked out Donnie Avery. It would be nice to have him aboard, but I'm guessing his release from the Rams means that he's not fully healthy or something is really up since he seemed like a promising receiver a while back before he got hurt.

Quote:
Old 09-08-2011, 09:41 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
And apparently we worked out Donnie Avery. It would be nice to have him aboard, but I'm guessing his release from the Rams means that he's not fully healthy or something is really up since he seemed like a promising receiver a while back before he got hurt.
No team wants to pay his big rookie contract. Since he's hurt if he doesn't start week 1 on a roster that contract number goes away, I believe.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:35 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Xavier Omon Released - Ian Johnson Signed

Quote:
The San Francisco 49ers have signed running back Ian Johnson to the practice squad.

It was Johnson who in January 2007 helped Boise State stun 10th-ranked Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl and then proposed to his cheerleader girlfriend on national television.

The Niners cleared roster room for Johnson by releasing running back Xavier Omon.

Johnson, originally signed by the Minnesota Vikings as an undrafted free agent in 2009, spent stints on the practice squads for both the Arizona Cardinals and Detroit Lions last season. He was with Detroit this year before his release on Sept. 3.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...7D59.DTL&tsp=1

WTF?
Old 09-13-2011, 02:59 AM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Post-game locker room

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/v...a-3015e0375540
Old 09-13-2011, 04:51 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
Xavier Omon Released - Ian Johnson Signed

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...7D59.DTL&tsp=1

WTF?
http://detnews.com/article/20110810/...ns-roster-spot

If that doesn't sound like a Harbaugh type of guy, I dont know who does. Saw him play in pre-season and he looked liked a solid, 'blue-collar'-type of back. And I believe he's been lauded for his ST play, which makes him more attractive than Omon I suspect.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:59 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

In other news, Harbaugh finds his blocking TE. Niners sign TE Justin Peele, waive Colin Jones who is probably headed to the practice squad.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:06 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

Happy Birthday underachiever
Old 09-14-2011, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

We should have taken Hakeem Nicks.

Quote:
Old 09-14-2011, 09:14 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

Michael Oher would have been a fine selection.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:29 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking at the first round draft picks after we drafted Crabtree at 10, I can honestly say that I wouldnt have minded drafting Orakpo(13), Jenkins(14), Freeman(17), Oher(23) or Matthews(26) instead. Oh well, whats done is done.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:46 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Can't fault the 49ers on drafting Crabtree though. He was supposed to be a great player. He hasn't shown it yet. And to be fair on his part he's been on a terrible offense his entire career. But missing three training camps is ridiculous regardless of any of the circumstances. Even being injured continuously isn't a legitimate excuse. Not say that is his fault, but I am saying the 49ers aren't getting the fair exchange in the investment they put forth.

Quote:
Old 09-15-2011, 05:13 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

And the Crabtree hate continues, lol. I guess his holdout as a rookie just soured most fans against him all together. In 2 years as a pro, he's had ONE subpar year(last year). They act like the guy didnt come literally off the street and INSTANTLY become our best WR and was as productive as a rookie WR could be in 10 games in a ass-backwards offense as one could be. Sure, there are probably some things he needs to work on to become a better pro, but they act like he's a cancer when all his coaches and teamates do is praise the guy.

Unfortuately, I dont think he'll ever live up to his potential as Niner. Just like I said about VD when he was getting that 'bust' label early in his career, he needs to be in a offense where he can get a steady diet of passes. That wont happen here, as VD will always be Alex's security blanket and first option as long as he's the QB. I think his drops have alot to do with him just not getting enough touches and him pressing, trying to make things happen. Also think he needs a QB with the ability to get him the ball with vision, down the field. Sunday was a perfect example, as Alex missed Crabs twice for TDs in the endzone, checking down for shorter gains. That's always been my biggest gripe with Alex....he doesn't see the entire field the way good QBs do. Thats why he was so good in the red-zone last year. When the field is narrowed, he can process information faster and the get the ball out on time. There has been coutless times I've seen Crabs and others open downfield only to see a checkdown from Alex. And it isn't always because of the O-Line not giving him time.

Its not all Alex's fault though. I think alot of it is coaching and teaching he hasn't been given. Seems when Norv was here, Alex saw the field better, throwing downfield often and with success. Since then, he's regressed in that area tremendously. Maybe the shoulder injury has made him a little gun shy in that regard, who knows. Still, '07 Alex, in this offense(well at least the one we heard about in TC), with these weapons would be fun to watch.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:21 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
And the Crabtree hate continues, lol. I guess his holdout as a rookie just soured most fans against him all together. In 2 years as a pro, he's had ONE subpar year(last year). They act like the guy didnt come literally off the street and INSTANTLY become our best WR and was as productive as a rookie WR could be in 10 games in a ass-backwards offense as one could be. Sure, there are probably some things he needs to work on to become a better pro, but they act like he's a cancer when all his coaches and teamates do is praise the guy.

Unfortuately, I dont think he'll ever live up to his potential as Niner. Just like I said about VD when he was getting that 'bust' label early in his career, he needs to be in a offense where he can get a steady diet of passes. That wont happen here, as VD will always be Alex's security blanket and first option as long as he's the QB. I think his drops have alot to do with him just not getting enough touches and him pressing, trying to make things happen. Also think he needs a QB with the ability to get him the ball with vision, down the field. Sunday was a perfect example, as Alex missed Crabs twice for TDs in the endzone, checking down for shorter gains. That's always been my biggest gripe with Alex....he doesn't see the entire field the way good QBs do. Thats why he was so good in the red-zone last year. When the field is narrowed, he can process information faster and the get the ball out on time. There has been coutless times I've seen Crabs and others open downfield only to see a checkdown from Alex. And it isn't always because of the O-Line not giving him time.

Its not all Alex's fault though. I think alot of it is coaching and teaching he hasn't been given. Seems when Norv was here, Alex saw the field better, throwing downfield often and with success. Since then, he's regressed in that area tremendously. Maybe the shoulder injury has made him a little gun shy in that regard, who knows. Still, '07 Alex, in this offense(well at least the one we heard about in TC), with these weapons would be fun to watch.
Well Crabtree's teammates and coaches aren't going to throw him under the bus. That is a given. That being said I while they haven't thrown him under the bus, they haven't been up in arms about him either. You never hear about Crabtree stepping up to the plate to do this or that, mostly because he's injured or whatever. Even so you don't hear him standing up. Maybe it's just not being reported, I don't know. I'd say the "Crabtree hate" by fans like myself, it justified as he hasn't done **** yet. He had a super long hold-out, huge fight with Vernon Davis, rumors or not liking Alex Smith as quarterback, and just keeps getting injured. That pretty much sums up his career thus far. Unless you count having over 700 yards in a season an accomplishment. Yes he's had terrible quarterbacks to work with, and he's been with terrible coordinators, but we've seen other wide receivers in bad situations still have huge years so that isn't that great of an excuse. Obviously I don't know Crabtree, but I've always gotten the impression he doesn't really want to be around.

I'm assuming he'll still be here the following season and that will be his last if he doesn't live up to his billing. Alex Smith won't be throwing the ball next year so maybe things will change.

Quote:
Old 09-15-2011, 10:49 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Well Crabtree's teammates and coaches aren't going to throw him under the bus. That is a given. That being said I while they haven't thrown him under the bus, they haven't been up in arms about him either. You never hear about Crabtree stepping up to the plate to do this or that, mostly because he's injured or whatever. Even so you don't hear him standing up. Maybe it's just not being reported, I don't know. I'd say the "Crabtree hate" by fans like myself, it justified as he hasn't done **** yet. He had a super long hold-out, huge fight with Vernon Davis, rumors or not liking Alex Smith as quarterback, and just keeps getting injured. That pretty much sums up his career thus far. Unless you count having over 700 yards in a season an accomplishment. Yes he's had terrible quarterbacks to work with, and he's been with terrible coordinators, but we've seen other wide receivers in bad situations still have huge years so that isn't that great of an excuse. Obviously I don't know Crabtree, but I've always gotten the impression he doesn't really want to be around.

I'm assuming he'll still be here the following season and that will be his last if he doesn't live up to his billing. Alex Smith won't be throwing the ball next year so maybe things will change.
Yes, I consider 700 yards in 10 games, with no TC an accomplishment. And when you consider how many times he was targeted in those 10 games, I think its really worth noting. Didn't hear one peep from the peanut gallery about his work ethic or this 'perceived' lack of wanting to be a Niner after his rookie year. Only blemish at that point by most fans was his holdout. I can never fault a player about how they choose to handle their business because at the end of the day, most NFL careers are a short one and it is a BUSINESS. Look at Ryan Williams, a rookie who never saw a snap of meaniful football and may have a career-ending injury. It can end that quickly for some so I have no beef about him following his agents and handlers advice and trying to squeeze a sad-sack ownership for maximum value. I didn't like it, but I understood it. I also understand alot factors into a WRs production other than the WR himself so I can't justify calling him bust after what I consider a solid rookie season. If you project his numbers over 16 games, thats a excellent year for a rookie WR buy most standards.

Crabtree's only concern at this point for me is that foot. It may be a chronic problem throughout his career and I feel we should have really thoroughly considered the probabilty of it being a recurring issue before drafting him. Shame the injury occured after teammates mobbed him in the endzone after a TD.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 09-15-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

See, but no one is going to remember the little details you just talked about. If things were to continue to how they were today, people would just look back at the fact that he held out, had foot problems, and was as perceived diva that didn't put up the production everyone said he would. It's may not be a fair assessment, but that is how it is going to look.

At this point it's not a huge concern as he does have problems having to play in this offense. We'll see if he's around much longer though. I get the feeling if he doesn't go through another training camp next season he'll be on the chopping block.

Quote:
Old 09-15-2011, 02:07 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
See, but no one is going to remember the little details you just talked about. If things were to continue to how they were today, people would just look back at the fact that he held out, had foot problems, and was as perceived diva that didn't put up the production everyone said he would. It's may not be a fair assessment, but that is how it is going to look.

At this point it's not a huge concern as he does have problems having to play in this offense. We'll see if he's around much longer though. I get the feeling if he doesn't go through another training camp next season he'll be on the chopping block.
Point taken. But those ppl are probably the same ones who were writing VD off after his third year, with the drops, lack of production, fights in TC, excessive celebration penalties, running wrong routes and what not so its like I've heard this 'dont tell me, show me record' record before. We spent a sixth overall pick on a glorified blocking TE....those were the kind of things being said about him. Majority of fans only care about the 'now'......they want immediate gradification without considering the variables involved in what they're asking for. Its understandable to a degree, but ill-warranted 90% of the time.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:37 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Q: Letís talk about that Dallas Cowboys defense. What do they bring to the table and how did they play against the Jets?

GREG COSELL: Well, what Rob Ryan does is, itís a lot of disguise. Itís a lot of pre-snap movement, all with the idea of causing confusion in identifying players, as to who is blitzing and who is not blitzing. Thatís going to be difficult for this young, inexperienced offensive line that hasnít worked together a whole lot. A new center, obviously, this year in Goodwin, even though heís a veteran. Itís new. And Alex Smith, quite honestly, is not a very quick decision maker. A play that, to me, sums up Alex Smith Ėthere was a 3 & 9 in the 2 quarter last week where he ended up throwing an incomplete check down to Frank Gore. I donít know if you guys remember this specific play.

Q: We do, it was in the first half.

GREG COSELL: Yes, yes. And it was a very basic, what we call three-by-one set. Three receivers to his left, one receiver to his right. The read was defined before the snap of the ball. It was very basic stuff. And he panicked in the pocket, and threw a frenetic incomplete check down. And then what happened later in the game in the 4 quarter?They had two 3 & goals Ėone before roughing the kicker and one right after roughing the kicker, both from the four yard line. Did you notice they handed off on both of them?

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2011/...ith-tony-romo/

This is what I mean, interms of WR production. Fans say all the time, Crabtree sucks, Morgan sucks(which I agree to a extent) but you can't properly judge these guy when you have a QB that handicaps their ability to make plays. VD will always get alot targets by default because he's generally in Alex's line of vision....which is usually short-intermediate, between the hashes, more times than not in the middle of the field. That HAS to change in order for this offense to move foward and us to beat good teams.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

I just want to say that the production from Smith and the receivers have more to do with the play-calling than anything else. You could see it on Sunday. 16-0 at halftime with the ball to start the 3rd quarter and nothing. It felt like I was watching the Nolan and Singletary eras. UGH.

Harbaugh needs to open up the offense and stop being so damn predictable. Granted, it was just one game but if he's that hesitant against the crapy Seahawks, imagine how he's going to be Sunday against the Cowboys who unlike the Seahawks can score points and quickly too.

As for Crabtree, he needs to work on his work ethic and conditioning. Until he does, every 49ers fan will see him as a diva and as a bust.