Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 01-23-2009, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 things:

1. Linehan talking with Oakland is ******* hilarious. Seriously. That **** is golden. Now I'm stoked he didn't want our OC job. This guy has no ******* clue what is going on. Working for the Raiders is about the worst possible move he could make. No wonder he said he'd probably regret passing up the position in SF. What a moron.

2. Signing Jimmy Williams doesn't do much for me. He's not very good. But even after being out of football for a year, I still think he's better than Mark Roman. Wow Roman, you're not even better than a guy that couldn't stay in the league. Way to go big guy.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
If he takes a job with the Raiders, a lot of people are going to rip him.
His Loss, Not ours! Anyone that would choose the Raiders of the Niners deserves their fate.

Jimmy Williams was a great signing. Definitely a low risk/high reward candidate. Hopefully he's turned himself around in the year he was out of football. He's still very young and maybe needs a coach like Sing to keep him motivated. The Niners will have a long look at him before he makes the roster next season, so if he isn't making it happen, he'll be gone.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Fogcity_faithful
Rookie

Fogcity_faithful hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like the Williams signing, as everyone has stated why not, we may get something good out of it, or it can be a failed experiment that didnt cost much.
Fogcity_faithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:56 PM    (permalink
will99890
Rookie

will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.

Ditto on the Jimmy Williams signing. Worst case scenario, he never sees the field or even our regular season roster. Best case we could have a FS not named Mark Roman or Mike Rumph before the draft even gets here.

I like Williams much more as a free safety than at corner. Should at least be a solid back up plan if the injury bug hits us.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just read about the signing of CB/S Jimmy Williams and im very happy about it. If he can get his head straightened out and not do anything stupid, he could be a cheap steal for us.

And its funny that Borat thinks that Williams is better than Roman despite not playing since 2007 but what's even funnier is that I agree with him.

Hopefully, Williams will become our franchise FS. :)

As for OC, I just read at PFT that Singletary is going to interview Dan Reeves today or tomorrow and if the interview goes good, could be offered the position. I must say that I would much rather have Reeves at this point over any college coordinator, Linehan, the guy from CLE or anyone else out there.

I'm actually happy despite having to work today and tomorrow night. LOL.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3855314

Hahahhahaahahahahahahahaahahhahahahahahaahahhahaha haahahahahahaahaha.....(breath) hahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahah

Karma is a mother ******!!!

Linehan is an IDIOT and took a possibly even WORSE job than the Raiders position! LMAO!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

This made my whole week!

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 01-23-2009, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Scotty Mac making moves:

http://www.49ers.com/pressbox/news_d...php?PRKey=5107

Michael Spurlock, an undrafted FA, was signed to a future contract today. Less notable than the Williams signing for m yesterday, but still news for us die-hards. :)

Old 01-23-2009, 04:17 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like were interviewing Dan Reeves

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...eeves?MSNHPHMA

Haha. This came out of nowhere.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:45 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Looks like were interviewing Dan Reeves

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...eeves?MSNHPHMA

Haha. This came out of nowhere.
Way out of left field. Too be honest I am surprised Nolan never considered Reeves when he was looking for an OC all these years. I don't mind Reeves but I would rather go with Hue Jackson. He has experience all across the board.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:50 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/01/23/are-...ling-for-vick/

Ummm please no
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really liked Jimmy Williams coming out, so i am happy about the pick up.

Also with Vick...this is another low-risk/high-reward opportunity. If he works, then we have a probowl QB, if it doesn't, then we release him.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:15 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, I'm real excited.

Jimmy Williams: It's been said already, but this is a win win for us. He works out, we have a potential stud. He doesn't, he was almost free.

Dan Reeves: I'm crossing my fingers. Nothing flashy, but an oldschool guy at the helm, with an oldschool guy at OC. I would be very happy with that. Football is football. period. we don't need a young gun to come in and try to reinvent the wheel, especially with the what Sing wants. I'm pulling for Reeves.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:27 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Linehan turned us down for the Lions? That is almost as bad as being actually slapped across the face.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Linehan turned us down for the Lions? That is almost as bad as being actually slapped across the face.
What did the 5 Fingers say to the face?!

SLAPPPP!!!!!!!!

Old 01-23-2009, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Fogcity_faithful
Rookie

I hope that Schefter has his head up his @ss. We don't need that PR nightmare, regardless of his athletic ability. And Linehan to the lions is insane. He does get the wet dream that is Calvin Johnson...but seriously
Old 01-23-2009, 07:40 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
No team has a bigger need for a QB than the 49ers? Really?

I'm not a big fan of what we've got, but I think thats going a little too far.

Hopefully we're not waiting around for Michael Vick to save this franchise...

This is ridiculous.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
No team has a bigger need for a QB than the 49ers? Really?
I said the exact same thing. What a ******* joker.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...-building.html

Quote:
Dan Reeves is in Santa Clara at this moment, interviewing with coach Mike Singletary and GM Scot McCloughan for the 49ers' offensive-coordinator position.
This would be all kinds of win if he was hired.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Fogcity_faithful
Rookie

Dan Reeves would make me so happy, even if this brings on the Vick rumors.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reevs would be a great hire, I love the old school guys
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:34 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Reevs would be a great hire, I love the old school guys
its about time sf interviews someone decent
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it is funny that Linehan sad he wanted to move his family to Detroit. DETROIT! c'mon! who moves their family to Detroit?! This guy is a joke.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Fogcity_faithful
Rookie

makes u happy he reconsidered huh?
Old 01-24-2009, 12:00 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just read about the rumors about Vick and all I have to say is this -

If the 49ers ever sign Vick, that wil be the day that I stop being a 49ers fan and will also be the day that the history of great 49er QB's comes to an end. Granted, since Garcia, we havent had anyone great but hell, even I would rather have O'Sullivan instead of Vick.

And im really hoping for Reeves because its highly unlikely that any team offers him a HC spot.

Teams with a worse QB situation than us -

1) Lions (haha Linehan)
2) Chiefs
3) Vikings
4) Buccaneers (if Garcia leaves)
5) Raiders
6) Jaguars
7) Jets
8) Bills

Just my opinion.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:42 AM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I just read about the rumors about Vick and all I have to say is this -

If the 49ers ever sign Vick, that wil be the day that I stop being a 49ers fan and will also be the day that the history of great 49er QB's comes to an end. Granted, since Garcia, we havent had anyone great but hell, even I would rather have O'Sullivan instead of Vick.

And im really hoping for Reeves because its highly unlikely that any team offers him a HC spot.
If the 49ers picked up Vick I wouldn't go as far as to say that I will stop being a niner fan but i respect your convictions. However, I am not a big fan of Vick as far as a consistent QB. He is an inconsistent QB, with subpar accuracy, who never seemed to have a great feel for the pro passing game. I would rather have a solid QB with limited mobility, and limited arm strength who can move the chains enough to let Frank do his thang (suprise we have that in Shaun Hill).

But yah, Reeves is the perfect smash mouth coach. And I would love to see Frank, Davis and Walker in his "full-house" formation.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote