Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 10-27-2011, 11:35 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Morgan and Ginn should definitely be the top priorities this offseason, and possibly Alex and Rogers. Morgan is not great but he is consistent and reliable plus a good blocker, like a better Arnaz Battle, and Ginn is incredibly valuable to our special teams. We have to see if Alex and Rogers keep it up before we make a decision on them. I would like to lock Delanie up before the end of next season as well.
There's no waiting on Rodgers, he's been far and away our best defensive back and he's a great fit in Fangio's scheme. Only thing is he's 30 so Im interested in how many years we would give him. Its going to be hard to keep Walker. Im sure he would like be a starter and go some place where becomes a focal point of an offense like VD is here. He's not going to sign for cheap and I dont see us spending big on 2 TEs. Enjoy him while he's here.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:17 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They also have to decide wether Goldson or R Smith will be re-signed
Old 10-28-2011, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is a podcast with Peter King featuring Alex Smith. You guys should check it out. If you have iTunes you can type in SI Football Peter King and it should come up. Interview took place after the 49ers beat the Lions. I'm going to listen to it later today.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Gameday thread is up!
Old 10-31-2011, 12:25 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice words from PFW...

Quote:
The following quotes are from NFL scouts, coaches and front-office personnel, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

• "If you look at the way (49ers ILBs) Patrick Willis and NaVorro Bowman are playing, I don't think there are two better in the National Football League. There is no question they are the best tandem in the league. But the guy that has been most impressive there is the rookie. If (Aldon Smith) were starting right now, he'd be leading the league in sacks, hands down. His snap-to-sack ratio is ridiculous."
http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...lly-impressing
Old 10-31-2011, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I lost a bid for a Brent Jones 49ers jersey on Ebay. I'm pissed about it. I refused to go above $150. Someone ended up paying $170 for it. If it was an away jersey I would have threw down more. Damn.

Quote:
Old 10-31-2011, 11:24 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I lost a bid for a Brent Jones 49ers jersey on Ebay. I'm pissed about it. I refused to go above $150. Someone ended up paying $170 for it. If it was an away jersey I would have threw down more. Damn.
Hmmm, just curious. Why would you pay more for an away jersey?
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Hmmm, just curious. Why would you pay more for an away jersey?
I think they can go with anything better. A red jersey and jeans doesn't look as good with a white jersey and jeans in my opinion. Not to mention most people have a home jersey. I also have a red 49ers sweater I could put under the white jersey and it would look good.

Quote:
Old 10-31-2011, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that the Niners now boast the best LB core in the league. Definitely an elite group with Willis combined with the continued emergence of Bowman and Brooks, with Aldon Smith really coming on the last month.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I recently bought to t-shirts off NFL.com, the first Niner shirts I've ever purchased (all the ones I wear are my father's from the 1980s. one says 3-time superbowl winning 49ers, and the other says superbowl XIX champs). Both the 80s ones fit perfectly, the new ones didnt shrink and fit like potato sacks.

******* weak.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:16 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I recently bought to t-shirts off NFL.com, the first Niner shirts I've ever purchased (all the ones I wear are my father's from the 1980s. one says 3-time superbowl winning 49ers, and the other says superbowl XIX champs). Both the 80s ones fit perfectly, the new ones didnt shrink and fit like potato sacks.

******* weak.
All the Reebok gear is such crap. I can't wait for Nike and New Era to take over all the team gear next season. Only thing I order is Mitchell & Ness off NFL.com.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:34 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
All the Reebok gear is such crap. I can't wait for Nike and New Era to take over all the team gear next season. Only thing I order is Mitchell & Ness off NFL.com.
Nike is just as bad. Overpriced crap.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Despite the Niners 6-1 record, many on here seem to be into the numbers and how the Niners are winning. Maiocco (aided bi A.S.B.) breaks down what the Niners are doing the best (and leading the league) in.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niner...02&feedID=5936

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

If you notice things are really going our way with random things in the game. Like Goldson catching that deep interception the other day. Or Crabtree's ball going out of bounds when he caught that long pass. Funny how this always happens to the good teams.

Quote:
Old 11-01-2011, 02:25 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so we are top 3 in power rankings behind pitt and gb.Now how are we still behind pitt when they are 5-2 and we are 6-1?Dam nfc west ha.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you notice things are really going our way with random things in the game. Like Goldson catching that deep interception the other day. Or Crabtree's ball going out of bounds when he caught that long pass. Funny how this always happens to the good teams.
Yes and no. It's just that when the result is a win, the negative "what-ifs" aren't remembered.

The Browns recovered 3 of their own fumbles, and Culliver and Whitner dropped easy Ints. In the past, the 49ers likely lose, and we'd all be upset that we didn't make any of those obvious turnover possibilities.

Winning cures all ills.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
so we are top 3 in power rankings behind pitt and gb.Now how are we still behind pitt when they are 5-2 and we are 6-1?Dam nfc west ha.
Depends on where you go. I saw we were number 2 on ESPN and CBS.

Quote:
Old 11-01-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't it weird that the 49ers (or any NFC West team) currently has the second best record in the NFL, tied with nobody?
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:18 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its not our fault the NFC West sucks. Quite honestly, I couldnt be happier right now. Present time brings me back to the goold old days when we dominated our division every year. Hopefully, 2011 re-starts the good old days.

And who cares about power rankings??? I dont. I only care about wins and losses. Hopefully, we'll beat the Redskins and the Giants. Doing so will give us an excellent chance at winning the number two seed, a bye and a home playoff game. :)

I'm so happy that not even Ness and his Alex Smith bashing can stop it. LMAO. Just joking bud. Haha. :)
Old 11-01-2011, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice. I like positive Dan more than negative Dan.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:17 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Like the saying goes.....winning changes everything. LOL. Its been way too damn long and overdue but better late than never. I'm seriously so happy now especially since im able to watch every 49ers game. 49ers being 6-1 just makes that even better. :)
Old 11-01-2011, 11:52 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm loving what this team is doing and all but its just one little thing that irks me.......Tarell Brown. I don't like the fact that he's a starter. To his credit, he's played pretty decent but we've now moved into the time of the year where a team's tape has gone around the leauge and opponents start to attack in cinks in the armor. And it looked like the Browns made a effort to attack Brown's side of the field often last Sunday.

Fangio has gone on record as saying a healthy player always give you a better chance to win than a injured guy so I understand why Spencer's role is what it is at the moment. But Brown is more nickelback than starter. He just isnt physical enough, IMO to last on the outside all year and into the playoffs. I REALLY hope they give Cully a shot on the outside. I think he's earned a couple of reps a game in the base defense. They've done a excellent job of bringing him, as well as the other rookies along slowly. And I understand we've been winning so you don't necessarily fix what ain't broke. But with more formidable passing offenses coming up on the schedule(Giants, Steelers), I really want to see us shore up our 24th ranked passing defense.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:56 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I bet he still wants us to sign TO though....
Old 11-02-2011, 03:58 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I'm so happy that not even Ness and his Alex Smith bashing can stop it. LMAO. Just joking bud. Haha. :)

Just kidding.

Quote:
Old 11-02-2011, 06:28 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

I just watched the Bills/Redskins game. I feel a lot better about our chances of winning this upcoming game. As long as our defense keeps playing the way it has we should should them down. They won't run on us, and a lot of their receivers can't get open consistently and outside of Fred Davis, there aren't very many playmakers. Overall they seem pretty beat up on that side of the ball. Beck wasn't making that many great decisions, but they were not protecting him at all. They give up 9 sacks to the Bills, a defense that hasn't been that great this season. As long as we don't beat ourselves, we should win this game. I'm sure the Redskins will be hungry for a victory though.

Quote: