Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 11-02-2011, 07:42 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
outside of Fred Davis, there aren't very many playmakers.
And he has a sprained ankle and has been in a walking boot.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:13 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
I bet he still wants us to sign TO though....
Actually, I dont because the team's chemistry thus far is good and he's not 100% healthy anyway so no point. Plus, its already mid-season.

Quote:

Just kidding.
Thanks bud but im not thirsty. LOL.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:58 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More Alex Smith numbers I thought you guys might find interesting.

Alex Smith's numbers up until the point where the 49ers went up by >10 points

34/41 (82.9%)
381 yards
9.3 Y/A
3 TD
0 INT
129.8 QB rating

His numbers when the 49ers have a lead in the second half,

21/44 (47.7%)
254 yards
5.8 Y/A
2 TD
2 INT
62 QB rating

Out of those numbers he was asked to do more than manage the game when the Seahawks and Browns got within one score in the 4th quarter. On those two drives he was 5/6 for 75 yards and led them down to get a field goal to go up by two scores again both times. Against the Bucs, the one game when the 49ers kind of kept their foot on the gas, he was 5/9 for 78 yards and two touchdowns. Taking out these three situations he was,

11/29 (37.9%)
101 yards
3.5 Y/A
0 TD
2 INT
19.5 QB rating

In the second half playing with a lead. His numbers when playing from behind or tied in the second half, on the other hand,

29/40 (72.5%)
372 yards
9.3 Y/A
4 TD
0 INT
134.6 QB rating

In short, Smith being a good game-manager is a myth. Smith going into attack-mode is a beast.

"Game-manager" Smith (2nd half leading all season - beating up on TB - 4th Q within one score @Cleveland and vs. Seattle)

10/29 (34.5%)
101 yards
3.5 Y/A
0 TD
2 INT
16.6 QB rating

"Attack-mode" Smith (1st half of all games + 2nd half tied or behind + beating up on TB + 4th Q within one score @Cleveland and vs. Seattle,

105/153 (69.9%)
1166 yards
7.6 Y/A
9 TD
5.9 TD %
0 INT
0 INT %
110.6 QB rating

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 11-03-2011 at 08:24 AM.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got my Patrick Willis jersey. At first I bought a Steve Young jersey, but then quickly exchanged it for a current one when I realized it was the Reebok version of the classics. I forgot that it's Mitchell & Ness or nothing...well unless you want to search on ebay for an old one.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Goldson didn't get fined for his hit, so he was indeed penalized for nothing.

No hit to the head, no leading with his helmet, just football the way he's supposed to play it.

And it affected the scoreboard.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:10 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OH yea just put Alex Smith on my Fansty team.I dunno how good he will do me but he has to be better then Tebow.Man he just flopped last week. Sadly there isn't much left for our league for Qb.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's pretty rough. My opponent may have to pick up a fantasy scrub this week too. Stafford is on a bye so he has Palmer in atm.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:24 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Gameday thread is up.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
OH yea just put Alex Smith on my Fansty team.I dunno how good he will do me but he has to be better then Tebow.Man he just flopped last week. Sadly there isn't much left for our league for Qb.
Tebow isn't anything great but he may actually have more fantasy upside than Alex depending on the matchup as he'll get rush yards and gets goalline carries. If you care about ranking,s Tebow is ranked higher this week on ESPN. Either way, you're having to buy a lotto ticket this week for your team. Good luck!

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:39 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea it is a tough choice if i want to start Tebow or not he is only playing the Raiders and last time he put up some good numbers so I may just cause it is OKA.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder who would be on America's Game if the 49ers won the Super Bowl. I'm guessing it would be Alex Smith Jim Harbaugh and Patrick Willis.

Quote:
Old 11-04-2011, 05:04 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wonder who would be on America's Game if the 49ers won the Super Bowl. I'm guessing it would be Alex Smith Jim Harbaugh and Patrick Willis.
lol come on now, let's not start sucking each other's dfdfdsfdfcks jus yet.

hopefully it's not Gore though, dude is a human rock.
binary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
lol come on now, let's not start sucking each other's dfdfdsfdfcks jus yet.

hopefully it's not Gore though, dude is a human rock.

Yes, Gore is not the best interview...but he can run that damn ball like a champ and that's why we love him.

He definitely won't be working in 49ers PR after he retires.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 11-05-2011, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

By the way apparently David Bass has been a disappointment for the Giants.

Quote:
Old 11-05-2011, 06:33 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was just okay here. No surprise he isn't living up to expectations of a team that is used to having an elite offensive line recently.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

I liked Baas. He was never as good as he should have been, who knows what would have happened if he had stayed. I think he wanted to head east though so no point in trying to get someone to go against their heart.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:38 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
By the way apparently David Bass has been a disappointment for the Giants.
A lot of the guys we've let go this offseason seem to be underperforming. Franklin hasn't done anything with the Saints, Lawson has been a non-factor with the Bengals, and I hear Chargers fans complaining about Manusky on other boards too. It seems like Takeo Spikes has done well for San Diego, and Nate Clements has done well for the Bengals...everyone else seems to have be mediocre with their new teams.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:50 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stopping by to say I'm excited for you guys about Aldon Smith, I was a big fan of his throughout the process last year and felt he was a homerun pick at 7. His wingspan is insane and athletically he reminds me a lot of Ware, I was actually hoping he'd be available for my Cowboys at 9 and we'd be able to team them up.

Also congrats on your season so far, it's great for the NFL to have a storied franchise like the Niners back near the top.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
everyone else seems to have be mediocre with their new teams.
have we considered that they were mediocre while they were here?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:34 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Franklin was pretty mediocre here, only looked good because of Justin Smith in my opinion, but I always thought Lawson was pretty good. He was great in coverage and against the run and I thought he would shine if he was only asked to do those things in a 4-3 defense.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Franklin had a great year two years ago and last year he finished strong. He was a developmental type of NT and he did reach his potential, but how long he could keep it up was the real question. Obviously, the Niners felt that he likely had his best seasons already and weren't interested in bringing him back.

Baas wasn't worth top 5 Center money, which is what he got. I wanted to keep him, but not at that rate as he hadn't earned that contract. He's always had lingering injuries so I'm not surprised they would continue.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:56 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers defensive stats:

Rushing #1
Touchdowns #1
Scoring #1
Interceptions #7
Sacks # 8
Total Yards #9
Passing #22
Receiving #24
Old 11-07-2011, 09:30 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Too bad our offense didn't have those kind of numbers dang it.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:50 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

I am not really worried about the offense. The passing offense is improving in my eyes and the running game is already elite. The reason we don't have many passing yards isn't because we can't pass, it is because we haven't needed to yet. When we have needed to pass the offense has looked good doing so. I will worry if we come to a game where we need to do so but can't. Until then I maintain that we are so low in yardage because we are last in pass attempts.

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 11-08-2011 at 07:53 AM.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:53 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Too bad our offense didn't have those kind of numbers dang it.
Offensive...

Rushing #6
Touchdowns #11(T)
Scoring #8
Interceptions #1
Sacks # 16
Total Yards #26
Passing #30
Receiving #31