Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 11-28-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can thank John York and Terry Donahue for that blunder.

In other the news the 49ers can clinch the NFC West with a win against the Rams at home. Hopefully the Saints fall to the Giants tonight so we can keep a gap between them in the race for the second seed.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:02 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post

Didn't Harbaugh say after the game or maybe it was before, that Edwards still isn't 100%? Maybe he came back from his knee injury way too early. I'm still bummed we lost Josh Morgan. We could have really used his services. At least Crabtree is getting extended time and seems to be developing a rapport with Alex to a decent degree.
That crossed my mind when I was reading about Edwards' latest injury. It is rough watching this offense without a 2nd dependable WR. If Pats cut Ochocinco I wouldn't mind SF bringing him on board. 49ers had interest in him when he was on the trade block. I think he would be a much better fit in this offense, with Alex's style of play, compared to the Pats more vertical offense. He doesn't have the speed he used to but he is still a very good route runner.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:06 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the 49ers win the rest of their divisional games they will have the two seed locked up:
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...-surprise.html

Quote:
Those of you who watched the Saints (8-3) creep to within a game of the 49ers (9-2) in the NFC playoff race are probably wondering which team would get the first-round bye if they finished with the same record. The first tiebreaker, according to the NFL, is head to head. That's moot in this case. The second is the teams' respective conference records.

The 49ers have lost one conference game (Dallas). The Saints have lost three (Packers, Bucs, Rams). That means if the Saints were to win the rest of their games, the 49ers could afford one more loss -- to any of its upcoming opponents -- and still get the bye.

The 49ers' remaining games: vs. Rams, at Cardinals, vs. Steelers, at Seahawks, at Rams.

The Saints' remaining games: vs. Lions, at Titans, at Vikings, vs. Falcons, vs. Panthers.
More incentive to play the starters through the year. I don't see the Saints losing from here on out.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:45 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
If the 49ers win the rest of their divisional games they will have the two seed locked up:
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...-surprise.html

More incentive to play the starters through the year. I don't see the Saints losing from here on out.

I could defintely see them losing to ATL. That might be a playoff birth on the line for the Dirty Birds and they always play the Saints tough. They wouldn't
steam-roll them like they did the G-Men.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I could defintely see them losing to ATL. That might be a playoff birth on the line for the Dirty Birds and they always play the Saints tough. They wouldn't
steam-roll them like they did the G-Men.
I could see the Saints even losing to the Lions in a shootout. I think the Falcons have the best chance to beat them at this point though.

Quote:
Old 11-29-2011, 10:53 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Long and informative one-on-one interview with Alex Smith done by Tim Kawakami...

Quote:
-Q: How dangerous do you think this team can be in the playoffs?

-SMITH: Good question, how am I going to word this? I think on offense, and I really mean this, we’ve only begun to scratch the surface of what we can do. Really only kind of toyed with what we can become and when we play well and kind of firing on all cylinders.The defense is playing really well right now, special teams… I mean, we’re playing as a team, playing good football across the board.

But I think on offense, we’ll show it in spurts here and there, but really haven’t really scratched it… for me, and I’ve said this before, that’s the encouraging thing. That’s the scary thing for all of us—we haven’t really hit it yet.

-Q: Haven’t really needed to.

-SMITH: Yeah, and have been winning games like that. Boy, wait until we really get going and get in a groove.

-Q: You mean cutting loose?

-SMITH: Yeah, both ways, just firing, attacking. Just attacking defenses. And we do it. But obviously, the first year, the long season, we’re still just learning and still growing every week with each other. It’s only the tip of the iceberg.
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakam...in-a-good-way/
Old 11-29-2011, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Encouraging words. Show me though. Don't tell me.

Quote:
Old 11-30-2011, 05:46 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

By the way watching a lot of Jim Harbaugh's press conferences and listening to his weekly radio show he's had this season...dude kind of seems like an asshole. I know he's not in this business to make friends, but still...it's like he has a personal vendetta with the media. His brother seems a lot more friendly.

In the long run I guess it doesn't matter, but at the same time I feel like he's just gonna explode one of these days. Especially if the 49ers have a losing season down the road during his tenure. Man has a short fuse.

Quote:
Old 11-30-2011, 07:45 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
By the way watching a lot of Jim Harbaugh's press conferences and listening to his weekly radio show he's had this season...dude kind of seems like an asshole. I know he's not in this business to make friends, but still...it's like he has a personal vendetta with the media. His brother seems a lot more friendly.

In the long run I guess it doesn't matter, but at the same time I feel like he's just gonna explode one of these days. Especially if the 49ers have a losing season down the road during his tenure. Man has a short fuse.
He doesn't like giving any sort of advantage to opponents.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

He's really a less dry, more excitable version of Bill Belichick. He essentially is applying the exact same strategy with the media as 'the hoodie.' You can tell that he doesn't coach football to get the facetime with the media. He'd rather spend that time (not) answering questions and talking completely with cliches on more productive things like watching film, meeting with his assistants or working with players. He's required by the NFL to play the media game, so he does it.

No Head Coach is perfect in every aspect but I think Harbaugh is just fine. I think his strengths and weaknesses are the right mix for winning in the NFL and so far, he has proven it.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, hear me out on this one fellas. I don't believe this is that far-fetched or a 'Madden-esque' wishful thinking scenario.

I've been monitoring this Peyton Manning situation very closely and with him possible returning to practice this week, there will be more talk and speculation in the coming weeks and months into the offseason. With the Colts having a putrid season, heads are going to roll. They all but have the #1 pick locked up and by all accounts, will take Luck. They would then have the luxury of Luck (the most pro-ready QB prospect in many years) learning behind Peyton Manning if desired. BUT, if Peyton's upcoming check ups don't all check out perfectly, they may not want to invest in him the kind of big $ they committed in his contract (which has some out-clauses due to health). Therefore, there is a decent chance that because Luck will be theirs, and could essentially play right away if needed, they will be much less likely to commit to Manning for at least 4 more years if there are any questions marks, committing #1 pick QB money (which isn't what it used to be but good $ for a back-up) to Luck and paying Manning the highest salary in the league. IF this situation presents itself, I could see San Francisco as a very likely destination for Manning for several reasons:

1. Alex has been game managing well, but Manning makes them a Super Bowl contender right away (and possibly a favorite).
2. San Francisco is built to win now (in the next 3-4 years), which would be Manning's last prime years.
3. Harbaugh could work with Manning in one offseason to come up with an offense scheme that they both feel could be executed on a consistently high level. These men are both extremely intelligent and would make it work.
4. With the Niners not over-spending on free agents this last offseason and having a majority of their key players already under contract for the next couple seasons (Willis, VD, Gore, RayMac, Justin Smith, Aldon, Staley, Iupati, Davis, Crabs, Hunter, etc.) they have a good amount of cap room remaining and could afford a big key acquisition like Manning.
5. If the Colts did trade Manning, it would preferably be to an NFC Team, especially one on a different part of the country, where he wouldn't be likely to play near them nor potentially compete with them (should they meet in the playoffs).
6. The Niners would then have an ideal scenario and ample time to groom a Quarterback of the Future (Kap, future draft pick, etc.) to succeed Manning in a few years after learning under him, sitting in film rooms with him and Harbaugh, etc.
7. The price for Manning would likely be be a coup;e first round picks. The Niners are no longer in the Top 10 anymore, meaning they will be giving up a pick in at least the late 20's (or 30's we hope) this season and likely a similar pick next season (after having Manning on board).
8. The Defense already appears to be Championship caliber and if they are on the field less, and have more points scored (with Manning running the offense) to help them out, how high could their ceiling be?

Could you imagine Manning with our weapons?! It would be amazing. Oh, and good news Gore; no more 8 and 9 man fronts! 6 YPC anyone?

A lot has to unfold, but if Manning is not a Colt next season, then I think the Niners need to do whatever they can to make it happen. They'd have to be one of the 3 best suitors to land him should he be available.

What do you all think?

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 11-30-2011, 11:45 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see Manning either being a Colt, unrestricted free agent or retired due to his neck injury. I dont see any team trading away at least two first round draft picks for him plus paying him $20m+ a season at his age.

If he becomes an UFA, I personally wouldnt want him because coming to SF, he'll have to learn a new scheme and whatnot. Also, to spend $20m+ a season on a 35 year old QB isnt exactly a smart move. I would rather see us re-sign Smith, Brooks, Snyder, Morgan and others before going all in for Manning. No thanks.

Personally, if he becomes an UFA, I see Jerry Jones going all out for him to replace Romo if Romo screws up in the playoffs. Eagles could be possible too because what better way for Reid to try to redeem himself by getting one of the best QB's in the history of the NFL? Redskins possible too but dont see him wanting to go there.

Vikings possible as would be the Seahawks and Cardinals with Fitz. Dont think that he would go to the Vikings or Seahawks and Cardinals wouldnt pay him. Quite honestly, the top three teams that I see Manning playing for in 2012 are the Cowboys, Eagles and Colts. Also, dont forget this is my opinion based on if he's an UFA. If Indy tries to trade him, I'll be surprised if any team gives up what would be required to get him.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
He doesn't like giving any sort of advantage to opponents.
I don't think opposing coaching staffs are going to be combing his press conferences. It's not necessarily what he says, just the attitude he has about it.

Quote:
Old 11-30-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
He's really a less dry, more excitable version of Bill Belichick. He essentially is applying the exact same strategy with the media as 'the hoodie.' You can tell that he doesn't coach football to get the facetime with the media. He'd rather spend that time (not) answering questions and talking completely with cliches on more productive things like watching film, meeting with his assistants or working with players. He's required by the NFL to play the media game, so he does it.

No Head Coach is perfect in every aspect but I think Harbaugh is just fine. I think his strengths and weaknesses are the right mix for winning in the NFL and so far, he has proven it.
I don't have an issue with Belicheck. He just comes off as "whatever", but his body language doesn't scream "I don't like you/I don't want to be here". Belicheck looks like he can at least tolerate the media.

Quote:
Old 11-30-2011, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Ok, hear me out on this one fellas. I don't believe this is that far-fetched or a 'Madden-esque' wishful thinking scenario.

I've been monitoring this Peyton Manning situation very closely and with him possible returning to practice this week, there will be more talk and speculation in the coming weeks and months into the offseason. With the Colts having a putrid season, heads are going to roll. They all but have the #1 pick locked up and by all accounts, will take Luck. They would then have the luxury of Luck (the most pro-ready QB prospect in many years) learning behind Peyton Manning if desired. BUT, if Peyton's upcoming check ups don't all check out perfectly, they may not want to invest in him the kind of big $ they committed in his contract (which has some out-clauses due to health). Therefore, there is a decent chance that because Luck will be theirs, and could essentially play right away if needed, they will be much less likely to commit to Manning for at least 4 more years if there are any questions marks, committing #1 pick QB money (which isn't what it used to be but good $ for a back-up) to Luck and paying Manning the highest salary in the league. IF this situation presents itself, I could see San Francisco as a very likely destination for Manning for several reasons:

1. Alex has been game managing well, but Manning makes them a Super Bowl contender right away (and possibly a favorite).
2. San Francisco is built to win now (in the next 3-4 years), which would be Manning's last prime years.
3. Harbaugh could work with Manning in one offseason to come up with an offense scheme that they both feel could be executed on a consistently high level. These men are both extremely intelligent and would make it work.
4. With the Niners not over-spending on free agents this last offseason and having a majority of their key players already under contract for the next couple seasons (Willis, VD, Gore, RayMac, Justin Smith, Aldon, Staley, Iupati, Davis, Crabs, Hunter, etc.) they have a good amount of cap room remaining and could afford a big key acquisition like Manning.
5. If the Colts did trade Manning, it would preferably be to an NFC Team, especially one on a different part of the country, where he wouldn't be likely to play near them nor potentially compete with them (should they meet in the playoffs).
6. The Niners would then have an ideal scenario and ample time to groom a Quarterback of the Future (Kap, future draft pick, etc.) to succeed Manning in a few years after learning under him, sitting in film rooms with him and Harbaugh, etc.
7. The price for Manning would likely be be a coup;e first round picks. The Niners are no longer in the Top 10 anymore, meaning they will be giving up a pick in at least the late 20's (or 30's we hope) this season and likely a similar pick next season (after having Manning on board).
8. The Defense already appears to be Championship caliber and if they are on the field less, and have more points scored (with Manning running the offense) to help them out, how high could their ceiling be?

Could you imagine Manning with our weapons?! It would be amazing. Oh, and good news Gore; no more 8 and 9 man fronts! 6 YPC anyone?

A lot has to unfold, but if Manning is not a Colt next season, then I think the Niners need to do whatever they can to make it happen. They'd have to be one of the 3 best suitors to land him should he be available.

What do you all think?
No. It's not going to happen. Nor should it. Manning will be 36 and has had several neck surgeries in the last couple of years. And he hasn't thrown a football even in a while most likely. Manning may not even be the same player he used to be when he comes back. I'd rather not roll the dice. And giving up a couple of first round picks for a player his age with the wear and tear he's sustained would be dumb. Like Dan said, I think Manning might just retire. I don't see him leaving the Colts at his age and looking for a fresh start elsewhere. He's already had a Hall of Fame career and accomplished everything within that. Probably would like to retire as a Colt too.

This is Alex's first season in the offense. Actually it's everyone's. And they didn't even have an entire offseason to learn. They'll be a lot better next year. The last thing we need is more chemistry changes when in the first time in a long while, we're not having them and actually having some success on offense.

We haven't even seen what this team has done in the playoffs yet.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 11-30-2011 at 03:09 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:35 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poor Takeo

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...sct=nfl_t11_a1
Old 12-01-2011, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
Yeah that really sucks for Spikes. I was thinking about that earlier this season. He's still not going to the playoffs. Shame. He's had a good career and deserves to go.

Quote:
Old 12-01-2011, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
Ahahhahahaha. Tough break Takeo. Your harsh words about my beloved franchise have not been forgotten.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:16 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ahahhahahaha. Tough break Takeo. Your harsh words about my beloved franchise have not been forgotten.
Haha, Spikes got spiked. LOL.

Seriously though, what did Spikes say about the 49ers franchise?
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gameday thread will be up tonight.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:02 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Gameday thread will be up tonight.
Hey where is it.

By the way Snyder is probable for this week's contest against the Rams. Thank goodness.

Quote:
Old 12-03-2011, 06:26 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

New Gameday Thread is up.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:42 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Oh by the way:

Quote:
Gore's chop unpunished: Coach Jim Harbaugh was right when he used the word "unlucky" to describe the chop-block penalty against Frank Gore during the San Francisco 49ers' 16-6 defeat at Baltimore. This was the first time Gore had been penalized for a chop block. The league did not fine him. That was the right call. Gore blocked low before guard Chilo Rachal made contact with the defender's upper body. This penalty flag was thrown unnecessarily. The absence of a fine supports that line of thinking. The penalty wiped out a 75-yard touchdown reception that would have changed how the game unfolded, at least to some degree.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest

Quote:
Old 12-03-2011, 10:05 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't like the quote per se. The refs screwed up by calling it on Gore. Gore was engaged first. Chilo should've been flagged. Chilo wasn't fined because he barely touched the guy.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

The call sucked and it changed the game momentum drastically but it wasn't the reason the Niners lost.