Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 12-04-2011, 08:09 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And I will keep repeating this......we MUST get K-10 some more touches. That burst he showed on that end around was something I hadn't seen from a Niner WR since T.O. left. All he needs is more reps. With Crabs and Williams on the field, the passing game seemed to take off. And love that he's fearless. He blocks his ass off for a kid he's size and he doesn't shy away from contact. Need to see this kid more, especially on 3rd downs and in the red-zone. We seem to have problems finding guys who can get off coverage. K-10 gets off man coverage easily, as he is so shifty. Kid has 3 TD recs in only a handful of targets......GET THIS KID THE BALL!
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:14 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thought this was cool.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:21 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New NFC WEST Championship-inspired Gameday thread is up. Go and celebrate.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:15 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Im diggin it. Plus, thats one of the songs on my Madden playlist. Too bad my PS3 broke down on me Saturday tho :(
Old 12-07-2011, 07:42 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers expected to re-sign Alex Smith...

Quote:
According to CSN Bay Area's Matt Maiocco, "early speculation" around the NFL is that the 49ers will re-sign Alex Smith to a two- or three-year extension worth $8-11 million annually.
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...226 80&spln=1
Old 12-07-2011, 08:37 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
49ers expected to re-sign Alex Smith...

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...226 80&spln=1
Well, rotoworld is good for taking a small snippet of a large article and altering it in order to fit the conclusion they're jumping too. Rotoworld used the words "will sign" while the original said "could sign." HUGE difference.

It is looking that way but here's the whole article for more context.

Quote:
Difficult to imagine Smith elsewhere next year

December 7, 2011, 2:04 pm

SANTA CLARA -- Alex Smith might not have a contract with the 49ers for the 2012 season, but it appears once again he has something seemingly as binding.

It's unsigned. It's probably even be unspoken. But at this stage in the season, it seems unfathomable that Smith will be anywhere else in 2012 because of the mutual trust and loyalty that both sides have exhibited.

Remember, Smith was unsigned during the lockout when coach Jim Harbaugh handed him the playbook. Smith studied it for a month. Then, he organized two weeks of get-togethers to teach the system to the 49ers' offensive players.

Harbaugh trusted Smith to do his work. And Smith trusted Harbaugh and general manager Trent Baalke that a return to the 49ers -- against what Smith had planned in the aftermath of the 2010 season -- would not backfire.

And both sides have been rewarded.

Smith has started every game and taken every significant snap as the 49ers have clinched the NFC West with a 10-2 record. His passer rating is a career-best 94.9.

Let's remember, Smith, a seven-year NFL veteran, is only 27 years old.

And while the 49ers rank 29th in the NFL in passing yards per game, Smith's confidence and comfortable are growing. Theoretically, he should continue to get better.

After all, Harbaugh said any quarterback will continue to get better the longer he is within the system.

"When you're in a system for six months, you know it better than you did the first month," Harbaugh said. "And when you're in it 12 months, you know it better than you did at six months, particularly this system. I've seen evidence of that.

"And I think by two years in it, you're an expert and they're able to coach guys on it because they know it so well."

Where Smith had a head start is that he learned the system well enough in May during the lockout to teach it to the 49ers' offensive players in June.

"I felt the same thing back then, what a fabulous thing that was -- not only for Alex but for our team," Harbaugh said. "Those motivated players were getting together in the summer and holding workouts, and team workouts and really player-led practices. I pretty much knew back then that that was a very good sign."

The 49ers will want Smith back. And Smith will want to return. And it seems implausible that another organization will try to lure him away by out-bidding the 49ers.

Any team in need of a quarterback will be well-versed in Smith's history as a player who has not been provided any stability in his career.

The 49ers will not have make Smith among the highest-paid quarterbacks in the NFL. Early speculation around the league is that the 49ers could re-sign Smith to a two- or three-year contract for $8 million to $11 million annually.

It's possible that Harbaugh and his staff had no idea that Smith would be as efficient this season as he has turned out. But working with him every day, there is a belief that Smith can get better and the passing game can continue to improve.

The 49ers will expect the quarterback position, as a whole, to be better next season. There's no doubt about that.

And that can be accomplished without making a change to their depth chart. After all, Smith and rookies Colin Kaepernick and Scott Tolzien were good enough to comprise the 49ers' depth chart in 2011.

And each of those players should be improved next season.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niner...78&feedID=5936
Old 12-07-2011, 08:58 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man I was hoping we would move away from Smith. I have been enjoying him playing this season but we just need to move ahead to a better QB. I would love to see Kaepernick play against Arizona and see what he has got. Just hope some one can out bid us ha. I just think we need a new fresh start at QB .
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:03 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Man I was hoping we would move away from Smith. I have been enjoying him playing this season but we just need to move ahead to a better QB. I would love to see Kaepernick play against Arizona and see what he has got. Just hope some one can out bid us ha. I just think we need a new fresh start at QB .
Why would you want to start over at QB? That would be the same thing as what Smith has had to suffer through his first six seasons and you saw how well that worked out.

Personally, as long as Harbaugh and Roman are here and the offensive scheme remains here, so should Smith. Replacing him would be a huge step backwards.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:42 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Alex should be re-signed for, like it says, 2-3 years. I am a HUGE fan of Kaepernick, but I think you play Alex till Colin surpasses him. You have them compete in the offseason, and let the cream rise to the top. At worst, Alex is a good backup QB well-versed in this offense.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:00 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
wtf?? you joking? You don't get rid of a 27 year old qb when he's playing at a top 10 level after a shortened offseason and his first year in a system. That's asinine and childlike, this isn't a video game franchise.
binary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:24 PM    (permalink
PatrickWillis
Rookie

PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
wtf?? you joking? You don't get rid of a 27 year old qb when he's playing at a top 10 level after a shortened offseason and his first year in a system. That's asinine and childlike, this isn't a video game franchise.
So Binary, the Browns really did well offering that 3 year contract to Derek Anderson after his 07' season, right?

Laughable. And LOL at "top 10"...jesus.
PatrickWillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
PatrickWillis
Rookie

PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
And I will keep repeating this......we MUST get K-10 some more touches. That burst he showed on that end around was something I hadn't seen from a Niner WR since T.O. left. All he needs is more reps. With Crabs and Williams on the field, the passing game seemed to take off. And love that he's fearless. He blocks his ass off for a kid he's size and he doesn't shy away from contact. Need to see this kid more, especially on 3rd downs and in the red-zone. We seem to have problems finding guys who can get off coverage. K-10 gets off man coverage easily, as he is so shifty. Kid has 3 TD recs in only a handful of targets......GET THIS KID THE BALL!
Get off man coverage? The **** you talking about? Now don't get me wrong, I love this kid's wheels and quicks but we still have not seen how he does against press coverage at the LOS. We have seen what Crabtree does against press...just look at the browns game in particular. Should have had about 175 yards in that one he was roasting them so bad.

Personally, I think we would really be rolling in skill position talent if we got Braylon healthy and had K-Will in the slot. Add those 3 along with 2 very talented TE's....and there's really no excuse for not being able to throw the ball.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://bema10.posterous.com/ I dont know who that guy is but he has some sweet 49ers photos.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Niners re-sign Alex Boone to four year contract

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niner...78&feedID=5884
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post

Good for him. He's proven he could be a swing tackle for this team and has turned his life around, working very hard in the process.

I remember being optimistic when they signed him because we were so RT hungry and if it wasn't for his off the field tirades (which was sad and hilarious), he would have been a decently high draft pick.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:35 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post

Love that move, always liked Boone. If Anthony Davis never develops into a good RT, we can move him to RG possibly, and Boone might be a starter there....if anything, he's great depth. We still lead the league in sacks so the more OL talent the better. Pass blocking will always worry me, especially after the Baltimore debacle.

Last edited by binary : 12-09-2011 at 03:38 AM.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Love that move, always liked Boone. If Anthony Davis never develops into a good RT, we can move him to RG possibly, and Boone might be a starter there....if anything, he's great depth. We still lead the league in sacks so the more OL talent the better. Pass blocking will always worry me, especially after the Baltimore debacle.
We'll see how our 2 "red shirting" OL draft picks from this season progress and look coming into training camp next year. With Harbaugh & Co. having such an impact on players they inherited and other draft picks from this class showing promise, I'm anxious to see if they have even more useful pieces in guys they hand-picked (and even traded up for). I think the O-Line will only continue to mature together and get better. RG is the only potential hole for next year as Chilo and Snyder both might not return. Iupati will be an All-Pro within the next couple years and I think Davis has improved a good amount from last year to this year. Kid in still only 21 years old.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 12-09-2011, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Big Ben definitely is ailing from last night's game with a high ankle sprain BUT he came back to the game after being injured and he has a good amount of time to rest before next week's Monday Night game. He'll have to be limited and his O-Line is crap. Hope Fangio sends some exotic blitzes to take advantage and him down.

Even if Ben plays, Harrison may not after his helmet to helmet hit on Colt McCoy. Either way, the Steelers will be banged up a little, coming into the Niners house. They should take them down and make a statement.

Old 12-09-2011, 10:03 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Ben Roethlisberger
Maurkice Pouncey
James Harrison
LaMarr Woodley

all seem "iffy" at this point
Old 12-09-2011, 01:34 PM    (permalink
PatrickWillis
Rookie

Quote:
You never answered me. Did Derek Anderson deserve the contract he received?
Old 12-09-2011, 03:55 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Ben Roethlisberger
Maurkice Pouncey
James Harrison
LaMarr Woodley

all seem "iffy" at this point
I hope they all play, Monday night in front of everyone, this team needs as many tests as possible before the playoffs.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
PatrickWillis
Rookie

Quote:
I hope they all play, Monday night, this team needs as many tests as possible before the playoffs.
you never answered me. Did Derek Anderson deserve the contract he received?
Old 12-09-2011, 06:15 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickWillis View Post
Get off man coverage? The **** you talking about? Now don't get me wrong, I love this kid's wheels and quicks but we still have not seen how he does against press coverage at the LOS. We have seen what Crabtree does against press...just look at the browns game in particular. Should have had about 175 yards in that one he was roasting them so bad.

Personally, I think we would really be rolling in skill position talent if we got Braylon healthy and had K-Will in the slot. Add those 3 along with 2 very talented TE's....and there's really no excuse for not being able to throw the ball.
When I attended the Redskin game and saw the Niners live, I made a point to watch all the WRs and how the looked against press coverage and Williams was by far, the guy with best short-area quickness and elusiveness. Crabs is great in this aspect as well but Williams LOOKED to be on another level. The ball just did not come his way. Doesn't take away from the fact. I'll trust my eyes over your view from your living room.

Of course Crabtree is flashing more. He is finally in a offense that highlights his strengths. A offense that schemes to get WRs open instead of relying on the WRs themselves to beat coverage. The Digit system we ran before Jimbaugh arrived is a vertical-based offense that didn't help Crabs or Morgan out, with alot of the deeper, vertical routes they were required to run. Its no secret our WRs struggled last year getting open. Beat writers made note of it. Fans lamented and whined about it all year. So much so that most thought both Morgan and Crabs were not starter material or just flat out sucked. Fast foward a year later and both Morgan and Crabs have looked remarkably better and have showed game-breaking ability previously not seen in either. Now maybe John Morton is just that good of a WR coach....but I think the change in offense may have a little bit more to do with it. But feel free to draw your own conclusion.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 12-11-2011 at 08:05 AM.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:26 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It was also reported that Brooks, Synder, Spillman, and Grant turned down contract extensions offered to them, opting to wait to negioate further after the season or to test free agency alltogether. Would not mine at all if we didnt re-signed Synder. Though he's played well, he's not a long-term solution at RG. We can upgrade there easily, IMO. Plus, I really like Kilgore's potential.