Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 12-28-2011, 02:37 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only my GF gets me that excited. ;)

As for Owens, I would definitely bring him in for a tryout and physical. And no matter how much anyone here hates T.O., just imagine us going into GB in the NFC championship game and at the end of the game, Smith finds T.O. in the endzone for the Catch III and we defeat GB and go on to win in the SB.

Come on, how awesome would that be??? :)

OWENS!!! OWENS!!! OWENS!!! HE DID IT AGAIN!!! OWENS!!! OWENS!!! OWENS!!! :)
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And the TO dream dies, sorry Dan
Quote:
mattbarrows
Harbaugh says whoever fills Braylon Edwards' roster spot will be an in-house candidate. He says there will be a competition.
Between Joe Hastings and John Matthews. I would imagine it would be Hastings since the coaches talk about how well he performs on the scout team.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post

Between Joe Hastings and John Matthews. I would imagine it would be Hastings since the coaches talk about how well he performs on the scout team.
John Matthews just said on Twitter that Joe Hastings is going to be the one that gets the nod.

https://twitter.com/#!/Eric_Branch/s...33821159047168
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was just thinking about this today. Usually at this time of the year we are all talking about what free agents we want the Niners to sign, or what coaching changes we want. Feels good my friends to be looking forward to the playoffs.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:07 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
He wasn't even on the ballot unfortunately.
Nor was Jason Pierre-Paul and he is a starter.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Nor was Jason Pierre-Paul and he is a starter.
Smith also played limited snaps. And only played a handful at OLB. He played DE in most instances. And if he was competing for a spot at DE he's not beating out Allen and Babin.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Only my GF gets me that excited. ;)

As for Owens, I would definitely bring him in for a tryout and physical. And no matter how much anyone here hates T.O., just imagine us going into GB in the NFC championship game and at the end of the game, Smith finds T.O. in the endzone for the Catch III and we defeat GB and go on to win in the SB.

Come on, how awesome would that be??? :)

OWENS!!! OWENS!!! OWENS!!! HE DID IT AGAIN!!! OWENS!!! OWENS!!! OWENS!!! :)
EA Sports, it's in the game.

Quote:
Old 12-28-2011, 09:28 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post

UGH. Oh well. Harbaugh better hope that all the receivers are healthy and that they, the OL, and Smith all show up for the playoffs.

Quote:
EA Sports, it's in the game.
NO, its not. EA sucks and blows chunks. Bug filled piece of crap that only sells millions of copies because 1) it has no competition (which was always superior) and 2) because its been around for over 20 years.

The game itself is crap. The gameplay still sucks. Commentary is beyond horrible. ESPN presentation is non-existent and quite honestly, the worse part of it all is that the game itself just isnt fun. The only Madden I ever enjoyed playing was Madden NFL 2004 on PS2.

Go play 2K5 on Xbox/Xbox 360. SEVEN years later and its STILL FAR SUPERIOR. 2K5 will always be the game that forced EA to so desperately purchase the NFL license which was bullcrap to begin with. Bidding my ass. If there was an actual bidding auction for it, Microsoft and Sony would have easily outbid EA.

Oh well, it doesnt matter. I have 2K5 and 2K3 so im good.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:50 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Madden is not all that bad Dan. Yes it is not nearly as 2k5 will ever but. All we would need is updated rosters in 2k5 but we can't just donwload them 'sigh' . So I only buy Madden for the updated rosters only after a few months when it becomes cheaper. NCAA 12 was a fun game tho.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:36 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dan check this out or any one else for xbox ..
New rosters can be uploaded to your 360 / ps3 too I'm assume via usb or data transfer .

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8221655AAQIfNX
Old 12-28-2011, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NCAA 12 is still a fun game. I do kinda miss the presentation/story in NCAA 10.

Back to Niners talk...
There's been some talk about getting Hastings some time to see how he performs THEN deciding on adding a vet FA receiver. I'm assuming that because Hastings knows the playbook he can provide an immediate impact over FA WR signings.

Not sure if a FA will be signed after the game against the Rams though, but if Hastings doen't perform, that could happen.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post

NO, its not. EA sucks and blows chunks. Bug filled piece of crap that only sells millions of copies because 1) it has no competition (which was always superior) and 2) because its been around for over 20 years.

The game itself is crap. The gameplay still sucks. Commentary is beyond horrible. ESPN presentation is non-existent and quite honestly, the worse part of it all is that the game itself just isnt fun. The only Madden I ever enjoyed playing was Madden NFL 2004 on PS2.

Go play 2K5 on Xbox/Xbox 360. SEVEN years later and its STILL FAR SUPERIOR. 2K5 will always be the game that forced EA to so desperately purchase the NFL license which was bullcrap to begin with. Bidding my ass. If there was an actual bidding auction for it, Microsoft and Sony would have easily outbid EA.

Oh well, it doesnt matter. I have 2K5 and 2K3 so im good.
I think you missed my wisecrack there Dan.

I'm saying your thoughts on Randy Moss and Terrell Owens joining this team and doing well (or if it's even a good idea period) in a matter of weeks is only a reality in the world of video games.

Quote:
Old 12-29-2011, 11:28 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85
Madden is not all that bad Dan. Yes it is not nearly as 2k5 will ever but. All we would need is updated rosters in 2k5 but we can't just donwload them 'sigh' . So I only buy Madden for the updated rosters only after a few months when it becomes cheaper. NCAA 12 was a fun game tho.
Madden sucks. I tried getting into it again the last two weeks and I just cant. The passing is horrible. That defensive assist is beyone horrible. The game itself just isnt any fun. There's no interest in playing it whatsoever.

NCAA 12 was better than madden. I actually played a full season with Stanford and went undefeated but I was playing on PRO since I wasnt that good at the game.

As for 2K5, I have my transfer cable and Xport 360 and honestly, transferring rosters takes five minutes at most. Editing rosters in FINN's editor is another story though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness
I think you missed my wisecrack there Dan.

I'm saying your thoughts on Randy Moss and Terrell Owens joining this team and doing well (or if it's even a good idea period) in a matter of weeks is only a reality in the world of video games.
I didnt miss your wisecrack. I knew what you meant. Because Madden is a video game and signing T.O./Moss would work in the game doesnt mean that it would work in reality.

All im saying is that it wouldnt hurt to look at Owens and/or Moss. They dont have to sign them but just bring them in for a visit and physical. Whatever, it doesnt matter.
Old 12-30-2011, 04:25 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Gameday Thread is up.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:08 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Dan you must not be very good then at passing because I can usually pass for well over 300/400 yards a game Mallett at my QB 3rd into my 49ers franchise I play on all pro with modded sliders from OS . Very fun . But yes you can transfer rosters into 2k5 I've done and go back and forth it with I want a break or something. You also use a flash drive to transfer rosters as well.I found a web site wherye all u need to do is download the current rosters upload and your done.I may be doing this next year if Madden don't improve. But also enjoy the newer graphics Madden has over 2k5 but yes overall I love 2k5 way better just can't do a full season I guess .
Old 12-30-2011, 11:43 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Dan you must not be very good then at passing because I can usually pass for well over 300/400 yards a game Mallett at my QB 3rd into my 49ers franchise I play on all pro with modded sliders from OS . Very fun . But yes you can transfer rosters into 2k5 I've done and go back and forth it with I want a break or something. You also use a flash drive to transfer rosters as well.I found a web site wherye all u need to do is download the current rosters upload and your done.I may be doing this next year if Madden don't improve. But also enjoy the newer graphics Madden has over 2k5 but yes overall I love 2k5 way better just can't do a full season I guess .
I was playing All Pro with everything as is and was bad at passing. I was good running with Gore and solid on defense but passing was bad. LOL. It doesnt matter. Honestly, I prefer playing 2K5 and even 2K3 over Madden. Graphics wise, only the stadiums look better than 2K5. The player models especially the faces in Madden look bad. Look at Alex Smith. He's looks like some old wrinkled guy. UGH. They're horrible. 2K5 isnt much better since the majority of the created players are generic but if you go back to 2004 and look at say Owens, McNabb, etc. and look at them in Madden NFL 12, 2K5 was better in regards to faces and player models.

I use the transfer kit and Xport 360. It takes 5 minutes if that and I know what to do so im good. :)
Old 12-31-2011, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Our schedule gets a lot more difficult next season as far as our road games. Here are three of them:

@ New Orleans
@ Foxboro
@ Green Bay

So we're going to play Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, and Drew Brees in their home courts next year. The price you pay for being good. I just pray our offense gets better.

Quote:
Old 12-31-2011, 10:27 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Quote:
Our schedule gets a lot more difficult next season as far as our road games. Here are three of them:

@ New Orleans
@ Foxboro
@ Green Bay

So we're going to play Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, and Drew Brees in their home courts next year. The price you pay for being good. I just pray our offense gets better.
We need to fix some major holes at WR and QB IMO if we are gonna beat all three teams specially the pack and pats. NO I'm not so worried about. I just wish our QB had a bigger arm ... ugh
Old 12-31-2011, 10:36 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

@ New Orleans
@ Foxboro
@ Green Bay

The offense has no choice but to get better....

Quote:
The 49ers have the league's seventh-ranked run game and fourth-best defense, and that combined with Alex Smith's prior failures has led to the implication that the San Francisco quarterback is along for the ride during this 12-3 run. So at the end of our conversation the other day, I presented 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman with the moniker that has replaced the idea of 2005's first pick as a colossal bust -- Alex Smith, game manager.

"I don't know what to say," Roman responds, addressing the idea. "I think he's a winner. And that's what we're looking for. When we're behind at the end of the game and we've got to go the length of the field, there's a lot of evidence to that. And if we have to throw the whole game, like we did against the Giants, that's what we do. I almost don't want to answer that. It almost doesn't deserve an answer."

To know the whole story here, you have to rewind back to January 2011, when Roman and Jim Harbaugh arrived in San Francisco from Stanford, and Smith was a free agent quarterback heading into a lockout. Without much ability to go hands-on with Smith, Roman and Harbaugh instead did their homework.

What Smith's tape showed, according to Roman, was a quarterback who played a rushed game, but also rode out a lot of problems created outside his own control. But simply that he still was standing after all the upheaval of six coordinators in six years (Smith had Mike McCarthy, Norv Turner, Jim Hostler, Mike Martz, Jimmy Raye and Mike Johnson previously) and still wanted to return said plenty.

"You could tell he was taught a lot of different things," Roman said. "We felt if we tightened down his fundamentals and just let him relax out there, he'd benefit. A lot of things were just a little bit off, because he's been told five different ways to do it. We thought if we could narrow his thought process, the benefits would show. Everyone else playing better would give him a better chance, too. But specifically with Alex, this is a guy that could do a lot of things well."

And one of those things that Smith did well was work. During that short sliver of April between a Minneapolis district court issuing an injunction to lift the lockout and a St. Louis circuit court issuing a stay that reinstituted the work stoppage, players could go to facilities and meet with coaches, something that was particularly important for teams with new regimes. Smith showed up in Santa Clara, all right, going through an 18-hour cram session with the Niners coaches despite not having a contract.

"It was a crash course," Roman explained. "We had been meeting but we hadn't been coaching, so I think we were all ready to go, and it was a full spring. (QB coach) Geep (Chryst), Chris (Coordinator of football technology Michael Christianson), Jim, (WR coach) John Morton, myself -- just rotating through the room, tagging off almost an hour at a time, going through different elements of the offense, different processes. It was definitely a full day."

He continued that, "It was huge, that day. It was very big in the context of this season, with so much information crammed into this time. It was enough to get them started, and it paid dividends."

Smith took what he learned that day and, at player-only workouts at San Jose State in June, with the lockout still going full steam ahead, the quarterback put together presentations for his teammates and started installing the offense.

It's not why the 49ers are 12-3. There's more to the team's renaissance than that. But it does shed light into how things got started, and it was particularly important for Smith, under his seventh offensive coordinator and, since he was signing a new deal in the summer, forced to miss the first week of camp.

The result is Smith, who'll start all 16 games for the first time since his second NFL season, hitting career highs in passing yards (2,931), completion percentage (61.0) and passer rating (90.1), with a shot at a personal best for the touchdown passes (with 16, he needs 2 more) against just five picks. He's not Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees, but he's been good enough for the 49ers. Provided Smith returns, Roman sees a lot of room for growth from here with stability around the QB finally in place.

"It's not gonna be any big explosion, he just has to keep getting better 1 percent a day, or even 0.1 percent a day," the offensive coordinator said. "It's understanding the offense better, understanding where people are. You're just tapping into his potential in this system. Put it this way -- Mike Holmgren always said it takes three years in this system to really play it fast.

"In four, five months, he's doing it at a pretty good level. But this is an offense you wanna be in over time because so much of it is based on rhythm and timing. You get better over time. We expect he will, and just we're learning about him, he's learning about us. It's definitely just getting started."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...module=HP11_cp
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:45 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
We need to fix some major holes at WR and QB IMO if we are gonna beat all three teams specially the pack and pats. NO I'm not so worried about. I just wish our QB had a bigger arm ... ugh
Arm strength should be the least of your worries. I dont see Brees lack of arm strength stopping him from breaking passing records. Improve Alex's mechanics and you improve his accuracy. Improve his accuracy and you have a pretty good QB. Arm strength has never been Alex's problem. The WCO isn't about a big arm and deep throws. Its about timimg, anticipation, and accuracy......all areas where Alex has struggled mightily throughout his career. Those areas should be your main emphasis for seeing improvement next year.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

The ability to throw the ball a very far distance is so overrated. If it's a thing regarding velocity, the amount of time it takes to get from point A to point B, I could understand that. However having a "big arm" is really nothing too impressive. JaMarcus Russell had one of the biggest arms ever. And how did that work out?

Give me an accurate quarterback with nice velocity on his deliveries and I'm good.

Quote:
Old 01-01-2012, 12:37 AM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smith has used too much arm on the throws he has missed for the most part.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smith just needs to keep improving. His release has definitely been quicker this year, and he's been sailing a lot less balls. His pocket presence has seen a HUGE improvement. He just needs to keep improving at the current rate.

We better not lose to the Rams
Old 01-01-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
The offense has no choice but to get better....
Not necessarily. It could stay the same. Average quarterback play and the inability to convert third downs.

Quote:
Old 01-01-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offense could get a lot better, but we led the league in fewest turnovers. If we can keep that decision making and add some aggressive playcalling with some improved execution, it can definitely take giant strides. Coaches will get more comfortable with the players, players will get more comfortable with the playbook...should result in positive results.