Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 01-01-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd just like to say, regardless of what happens next, I remember where this team was one year ago. We didn't have an official GM or HC. Most of us fans were getting ready to watch Stanford vs Virginia Tech to see Harbaugh. 5 days after the season finale we hired Harbaugh and Baalke and they're likely going to win the Coach of the year and Executive of the year accolades. We hit it out of the park last year, lets keep this success rolling into the playoffs!
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:30 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Ness whined less during that dark time last year.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:35 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
I think Ness whined less during that dark time last year.
I love when people classify telling the cold hard facts as whining. Folks just don't want to hear the truth I guess.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:48 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I love when people classify telling the cold hard facts as whining. Folks just don't want to hear the truth I guess.
Fracts are one thing emotionally slanted skepticism is another.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:00 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Fracts are one thing emotionally slanted skepticism is another.
Teams with dominate quarterbacks usually win the Super Bowl. Fact.

Alex Smith is not a dominate quarterback. Fact.

Again, folks just don't want to hear the truth.

Quote:
Old 01-02-2012, 10:14 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

No but he is a good QB. Fact. You seem to be under the impression that he is bad.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

If the Ravens can do it with Trent Dilfer the 9ers can do with Smith.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
Though our defense isnt the same caliber of that Ravens team, that isnt even the most recent example. 2009 Giants are a perfect example of what a stingy, opportunistic defense, coupled with a good running game and some timely throws and plays in the passing game can lead you. Eli back then was far from the QB he is today. But he made plays all through the playoffs when they were there to make. And they beat a offensive juggernaut in a game where nobody gave them a chance. Like I've been saying, I like our chances in these playoffs.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Goon61
Rookie

Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm excited to be in the playoffs and that the team is young enough that it could potentially get better.
Although there is always a chance of a Buccaneers like relapse with a young team, but the niners are not that young.
Goon61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:

You are frustrated because you want the 49ers to be a glorified passing offense that lights up the stat sheet and the scoreboard. GET OVER IT! It won't happen that's not how Harbaugh runs is offense. Harbaugh had the best and most talented qb in college last year, and they ran the SAME offense. Harbaugh runs the football and the big passing games come off of play action. That's his offense.

As long as Harbaugh is the coach maybe you should just switch the team you follow you might be happier.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
No but he is a good QB. Fact. You seem to be under the impression that he is bad.
He's average in my opinion. Matt Ryan to me I'd say is "good". He helps his team convert third downs. It's not secret how I feel about third downs and how they relate to being a successful quarterback.

Quote:
Old 01-02-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
Yeah except this isn't 2000 where offenses didn't have as much leverage as they do today. And our defense is great, but it's not like that 2000 Ravens D.

Quote:
Old 01-02-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, I wish I could complain about a 13-3 team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Though our defense isnt the same caliber of that Ravens team, that isnt even the most recent example. 2009 Giants are a perfect example of what a stingy, opportunistic defense, coupled with a good running game and some timely throws and plays in the passing game can lead you. Eli back then was far from the QB he is today. But he made plays all through the playoffs when they were there to make. And they beat a offensive juggernaut in a game where nobody gave them a chance. Like I've been saying, I like our chances in these playoffs.
I think you mean the 2007 Giants. Even so, they weren't god-awful on third downs. 42%. That's pretty respectable. 49ers offense in 2011? 29%. Terrible. I will say that the thing that balances that out for the 49ers is that they were -9 in turnover difference and we are +28.

Quote:
Old 01-02-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
You are frustrated because you want the 49ers to be a glorified passing offense that lights up the stat sheet and the scoreboard. GET OVER IT! It won't happen that's not how Harbaugh runs is offense. Harbaugh had the best and most talented qb in college last year, and they ran the SAME offense. Harbaugh runs the football and the big passing games come off of play action. That's his offense.

As long as Harbaugh is the coach maybe you should just switch the team you follow you might be happier.
I'm not asking for the greatest show on turf. Just middle of the pack. And using the "it's the type of offense" card is a terrible excuse. That doesn't mean you can't convert third downs and throw accurate passes to receivers and capitalize on big plays. When that isn't happening it's usually because your quarterback isn't consistent enough is just isn't that good.

Quote:
Old 01-02-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matthew Icicle?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/splits...2010/matt-ryan

Consider me unimpressed.

Meant to be 2011 but you can click and see his 3 and 6+ or specifically his 3rd and 9+
Nothing much, he's alright. No better than Smith in 3rd and forever.

Last edited by ViperVisor : 01-02-2012 at 04:54 PM.
ViperVisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperVisor View Post
Matthew Icicle?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/splits...2010/matt-ryan

Consider me unimpressed.
Why did you a post a link to his 2010 split stats?

Quote:
Old 01-02-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1st Downs when rushing on 3rd.

Alex Smith 6 out of 19
Frank Gore 7 out of 30
Kendall Hunter 3 out of 14

Marshawn Lynch 10 out of 13
Adrian Peterson 10 out of 14

There's your problem.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:55 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well it seems Roman is one of the finalist for the Penn State gig. Out of all our assistants, I care about losing Roman the least, as it is Harbaugh's offense and Im sure he'd bring in capable replacement. With all these vacancies around the league, I could see teams coming after a few guys on our staff. Just as long as we hold on to Seely, Rathman, Tomsula, Fangio, and Donatel.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 01-02-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:

Alex Smith 6 out of 19
Frank Gore 7 out of 30

There's your problem.
You want to put the down and distance for each of those third downs while you are at it? Because those numbers are useless without the down and distance.

Quote:
Old 01-02-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Well it seems Roman is one of the finalist for the Penn State gig. Out of all our assistants, I care about losing Roman the least, as it is Harbaugh's offense and Im sure he'd bring in capable replacement. With all these vacancies around the league, I could see teams coming after a few guys. Just as long as we hold on to Seely, Rathman, Tomsula, Fangio, and Donatel.
Wow we can't have one year while keep all of our assistants.

Quote:
Old 01-02-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You want to put the down and distance for each of those third downs while you are at it? Because those numbers are useless without the down and distance.
I was hoping you'd ask.

3rd and less than 3

Frank Gore 6 out of 13

Adrian Peterson 10 out of 11
Marshawn Lynch 8 out of 10

We were terrible at running in the clutch and redzone.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Alex Smith 6 out of 19
Frank Gore 7 out of 30

There's your problem.
Its really irrelevant without knowing the distance and where on the field(EDIT * I just saw your reply to Ness's post) all these took place. But it does illustrste my point that we arent a good short-yardage running team. We're much better at pulling or trapping. Its why I feel we need upgrades at center and RG to be the Power running team Jimbaugh wants to be. Too many finesse guys upfront(Goodwin, Synder). Maulers needed to get those tough yards.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
I was hoping you'd ask.

3rd and less than 3

Frank Gore 6 out of 13

Adrian Peterson 10 out of 11
Marshawn Lynch 8 out of 10

We were terrible at running in the clutch and redzone.
Can you do the same thing for passers? Third down and let's say 5 or 6 yards to go?

It would be nice if we choose other runners on other teams other than Seattle and Minnesota. How about New Orleans? Atlanta? Green Bay? Detroit? Let's check out teams with quarterbacks that are actually good.

Quote:
Old 01-02-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Can you do the same thing for passers? Third down and let's say 5 or 6 yards to go?

It would be nice if we choose other runners on other teams other than Seattle and Minnesota. How about New Orleans? Atlanta? Green Bay? Detroit? Let's check out teams with quarterbacks that are actually good.
Atlanta? Matt Ryan ain't better than Smith.

Lots of neat stats
http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/l...type=Pass ing