Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 01-04-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember a certain poster who blamed Alex for dropped balls because he threw a "laser" and they're too hard to catch. I digress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Davis was wide open for an instant.
Quote:
if Alex gunned it
So Ness...

Alex would've had to "gun it" to Vernon Davis in the "instant" that he was open???

So he'd have to throw a perfectly accurate ball at an extremely high velocity, into a small window of space only open for a small amount of time???

Yep, sounds like it was simple, and clearly his fault for taking the sack.

Last edited by phlysac : 01-04-2012 at 05:04 PM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I blamed Alex for throwing rocket balls to running backs on screens and in the flat, which bounced off their hands and ended up in a defender's hands for an interception. That's way different than throwing an accurate pass over the middle to an open tight end running a post pattern. Way to confuse to facts.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Fair enough I guess. I have to wait and review the play later but NO, I dont want him making that throw in the face of the rush. That's what the old Alex would have done and something bad would have probably happened. Then you'd probably be in here saying Alex should have taken better care of the ball and he cost us the game with yet another bad throw. And even if Davis was open for instant, it still wasnt a safe throw IMO, which is why he hesitated. Its not like he was sitting in the zone, waving Alex down because he was uncovered.
Or Vernon Davis catches the ball and I'm in here saying that is a big game quarterback type of play. We'll find out sooner rather than later what Alex is made of in a big game when field position and defense isn't making things easy for him.

Quote:
Old 01-04-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I blamed Alex for throwing rocket balls to running backs on screens and in the flat, which bounced off their hands and ended up in a defender's hands for an interception. That's way different than throwing an accurate pass over the middle to an open tight end running a post pattern. Way to confuse to facts.
I didn't confuse facts. I wasn't referring to you. Sorry for that confusion.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Or Vernon Davis catches the ball and I'm in here saying that is a big game quarterback type of play. We'll find out sooner rather than later what Alex is made of in a big game when field position and defense isn't making things easy for him.
Obviously it isnt making it easy for him since we've been lackluster in the red-zone. I dont see how the field position argument correlates. We've gotten great field position but have rarely done anything with it. Before this season, Alex was money in the red-zone, horrible the other 80 yards of the football field. This year we've been able to move the ball with relative regularity up until the last 20 yards. I have always maintained, our struggles in the red-zone and on 3rd down is more philosphy and scheme than the short-cummings at QB. I believe Alex had a QBR over 130 in the red-zone last year, despite our struggles. I just honestly believe that red-zone offense is a casualty from the lock-out shorten off-season. Jimbaugh couldnt cover all the basis installing this new WCO and I just think the reps and play diversification in that area of the field has been limited. It sure seems that way from the naked eye. I still believe we're playing with about 70-80% of the playbook.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This Offense has always been dependent on the Oline. Almost everybody can see that.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In other news, we signed OLB Ricky Elmore to the pratice squad.....
Old 01-05-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Oh yea.....and Justin Smith is PFF's Defensive Player Of The Year.
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...r-of-the-year/

Bowman and Willis came in at 6th and 7th place respectively....
Old 01-05-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
In other news, we signed OLB Ricky Elmore to the pratice squad.....
So now Elmore, Bruce Davis, and Monte Simmons all to be new OLBs.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thought Davis got released for Elmore.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was a fan of Ricky Elmore going into the draft, so this is pretty sweet.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I was a fan of Ricky Elmore going into the draft, so this is pretty sweet.
I really liked his team mate, Brooks Reed. But Elmore is no slouch. Kinda limited physically but very very good instincts on the football field. Good pass rusher and a motor guy. Great kind of player to sign to a future deal and keep him around during the off-season and see if there's potential there.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:35 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, so my first draft crush for the Niners this year is WR Mohamed Sanu from Rutgers. There isn't much of him on YouTube, but what I've seen, he looks like a stud.

Best part is, he loves to block. He lays out guys like Hines Ward.

I know that after all the workouts and stuff he most likely won't be at the end of round 1, but hopefully they somehow get him...
Old 01-06-2012, 07:47 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
Ok, so my first draft crush for the Niners this year is WR Mohamed Sanu from Rutgers. There isn't much of him on YouTube, but what I've seen, he looks like a stud.

Best part is, he loves to block. He lays out guys like Hines Ward.

I know that after all the workouts and stuff he most likely won't be at the end of round 1, but hopefully they somehow get him...
I saw him a couple times this year. I question his long speed and his height. He reminds me of Anquan Boldin in that he's very physical but like I said, not sure he is the deep threat we need. But a solid guy I wouldnt mind us taking a flier on. I just dont see first round talent. I think he'll be around in the second and third round. Too early to call it right now, for me.

As big targets go, a guy I really like is Tommy Streeter from Miami. 6'5, 215 lbs and a jumpball machine. Good speed and hands. Still a little raw and may struggle intially with press coverage in the pros but he's a guy with a ton of upside and ability be a match-up nightmare at the next level.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 01-06-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

^ This

If the 49ers don't address WR in Round 1, Streeter is precisely who I'd want, later on.

Old 01-06-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

My dream draft would be to get Streeter and Joe Adams in Niner unis. I would be estatic if that happened. And another pass-rusher.....Nic Perry or a Chandler Jones-type of player along the edge. I'd be fine with whatever direction we went with the other picks if those guys were brought into the fold.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All-Pro teams have come out. There's a thread in the General section for full rosters. 5 49ers made the first-team All-Pro

-Justin Smith (DT)
-Patrick Willis
-NaVarro Bowman
-David Akers
-Andy Lee

2nd-team All-Pro

-Joe Staley
-Carlos Rogers
-Justin Smith again (DE)

How badass is it for Justin Smith to make the first AND second team All-Pro selections?
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
All-Pro teams have come out. There's a thread in the General section for full rosters. 5 49ers made the first-team All-Pro

-Justin Smith (DT)
-Patrick Willis
-NaVarro Bowman
-David Akers
-Andy Lee

2nd-team All-Pro

-Joe Staley
-Carlos Rogers
-Justin Smith again (DE)

How badass is it for Justin Smith to make the first AND second team All-Pro selections?
Extremely bad-ass. That might be the first time that's ever happened.

And Bailey will perform his Jimbaugh-inspired hit before our playoff game on Jan. 14th. And just released the offical video for "Who's Got It Better". Absolutely HAVE to go to a Niners home game before I leave this earth.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw5El...ayer_embedded#!
Old 01-06-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Absolutely HAVE to go to a Niners home game before I leave this earth
I live in Dallas and the last (and only) time I saw a Niner game was the TO-on-the-star game. I want to see another, but that game was pretty epic, and couldn't be topped.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post

-Justin Smith (DT)
-Patrick Willis
-NaVarro Bowman
-David Akers
-Andy Lee

2nd-team All-Pro

-Joe Staley
-Carlos Rogers
-Justin Smith again (DE)

Bowman made first team? That's awesome. Finally some respect.

Quote:
Old 01-06-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I live in Dallas and the last (and only) time I saw a Niner game was the TO-on-the-star game. I want to see another, but that game was pretty epic, and couldn't be topped.
No, I've been to a Niners game. But seeing Bailey's video, I really want that experience of seeing my Niners in their own house, packed full of The Faithful.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Did you grow up in the bay area before? Or are you someone that just happens to be from the east coast and grew up as a 49ers fan?

Quote:
Old 01-06-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Bowman made first team? That's awesome. Finally some respect.
I love that he's getting the accolades, but its just going to make it that much tougher to keep him here. The going rate for All-Pro ILBs isnt cheap. Funny he makes first team All-Pro but is a reserve in the Pro Bowl. Just proves how much of a pagent the Pro Bowl really is.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

I think when the time goes, Bowman will stay with the 49ers.

Quote:
Old 01-06-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Did you grow up in the bay area before? Or are you someone that just happens to be from the east coast and grew up as a 49ers fan?
Im from VA but grew up a Niner fan. Need to make it to the Bay though. One of these days....