Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 01-08-2012, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh and I hope Willis doesn't have any more rust like he showed against the Rams. That was disturbing. But, can't take Larry Grant over him. Patrick Willis is Patrick Willis period. At least we will have some receivers back in this game. The offensive line better protect.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:23 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least our secondary is better than the Lions secondary. They all just better wrap up and tackle instead of going for the big hits. I hate that.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:38 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Damn Saints!!!

Of course, the refs love screwing the Lions for whatever reason. That fumble should have been returned for a touchdown and a second half touchdown by the Saints shouldnt have happened because on a 3rd down conversion, the receiver wasnt even at the first down marker. Guy was at least a half yard short and they gave it to them anyway. Schwartz should have challenged that too but whatever. Lions secondary sucks and their tackling is even worse. I see Finnegan and Griffin going to DET as they sure as hell cant make that defense any worse than what it already is.

With us being the home team, the calls better go our way just like they do for the Saints, Packers and all the other teams when they play at home. Our defense has to watch Sproles and the other RB's in passing situations because those guys are just as bad as the main receivers.

Sad part is that DET could have won if they didnt get screwed and if they took advantage of the two lost fumbles by NO. Oh well.
Don't blame the refs. The Lions got handled just like I thought they would. They loss to a better team, point blank. Bring on the Saints. I was hoping they would win because in order to be the best, you have to beat the best. And I love the fact that everyone is saying we're going to get crush. Will make victory that much sweeter.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:03 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Don't blame the refs. The Lions got handled just like I thought they would. They loss to a better team, point blank. Bring on the Saints. I was hoping they would win because in order to be the best, you have to beat the best. And I love the fact that everyone is saying we're going to get crush. Will make victory that much sweeter.
I blame the referees because they screw up too many times when they shouldnt. Also love the end of the game when DET should have had the ball at their own 4 with 38 seconds to go. Granted, the game was over but it was another screw up by the referees.

That fumble by Brees was whistled dead as if it was an incomplete pass. Bullcrap!!! The defensive player who recovered the fumble would have had an easy TD which would have made the score 21-7 DET. Come on, how anyone can not see that is beyond me. I'm not even a Lions fan (even though I do love Calvin Johnson) but come on, you can see the screw job a mile away. The referee should have overruled the official that thought it was an incomplete pass and ruled it a TD because quite honestly, it would have been. I guarantee that if that happened to Stafford, they would have ruled it a TD for the Saints.

Bottom line is that they better not screw over the 49ers because I'll be pissed off. And they need to make some changes in the off-season because things we see should also be seen by the officials.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:33 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I blame the referees because they screw up too many times when they shouldnt. Also love the end of the game when DET should have had the ball at their own 4 with 38 seconds to go. Granted, the game was over but it was another screw up by the referees.

That fumble by Brees was whistled dead as if it was an incomplete pass. Bullcrap!!! The defensive player who recovered the fumble would have had an easy TD which would have made the score 21-7 DET. Come on, how anyone can not see that is beyond me. I'm not even a Lions fan (even though I do love Calvin Johnson) but come on, you can see the screw job a mile away. The referee should have overruled the official that thought it was an incomplete pass and ruled it a TD because quite honestly, it would have been. I guarantee that if that happened to Stafford, they would have ruled it a TD for the Saints.

Bottom line is that they better not screw over the 49ers because I'll be pissed off. And they need to make some changes in the off-season because things we see should also be seen by the officials.
That one call is not why they lost the game. You can't overule a whistle, wtf. Whistle stops play, end of discusion. Actually, they're lucky they even got the ball back because replay clearly showed the ref blew the whistle before the Lions recovered the ball, so it should have actually been a incomplete pass, with the Saints getting the ball if we want to get technical. And even if you give them the 7 points, what's the final score again? It means nothing in the grand scheme of things. The Lions lost because they let the Saints run all over them, which allowed them to get burned on play-action repeatedly. They lost because they let the Saints convert way too many 3rd and longs. They lost because they can't tackle and play undiscplined football on defense. They lost because their offense started pressing and turning the ball over late. Sure they were some bad calls, spots, etc. There are bad calls in every game. But they didn't decide the outcome of this game. Not in the slightest.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Goon61
Rookie

Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And it looked to me like the saints OL was holding the whole game, but I don't think they called it once. Especially on Sproles run for a TD. There were many times that I saw them grabbing the Lions jersey on the shoulder preventing them from moving side to side, I believe that is holding.
Goon61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Same that they did this preseason against the 49ers. I made a post with pictures showing at least 2 separate holds on Ingram's TD run. Have to overcome those minor things.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NFL would love for the Saints to stay in the playoffs; they play a style of football that is exciting. The Niners do not, so we are ******.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Same that they did this preseason against the 49ers. I made a post with pictures showing at least 2 separate holds on Ingram's TD run. Have to overcome those minor things.
Well holding is going to happen on almost every play. It just depends on whether the officials see it and decide to call it. There will be a different crew officiating for the 49ers game though.

Quote:
Old 01-08-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I know that site.

Ryan isn't better than Smith? Why? He's thrown more touchdowns and his touchdown percentage is respectably higher. 5.1 compared to 3.8. He also has around the same YPA.
Was meh today.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperVisor View Post
Was meh today.
24/41 for 199 yards, a 4.9 YPA, with no touchdowns is worse than meh, especially considering he didn't lead his team to any points
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

getting 2 points is worse than not scoring at all, because you were outscored by your own defense.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
getting 2 points is worse than not scoring at all, because you were outscored by your own defense.
So true....
Old 01-08-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperVisor View Post
Was meh today.
Because quarterbacks don't have bad games...like ever.

Not to mention there is a difference of having one bad game every once in a while and having six bad seasons of football. Let's not forget Ryan doesn't have the luxury of special teams making short fields for him and a defense than gives you 28 more possessions.

And I'm sure everyone's opinion has changed in regards to Ryan being better than Smith based off today. Totally.

By the way Peyton Manning was a terrible player after his 0-3 start in the playoffs in the beginning of his career.

Sorry Viper, that was an epic FAIL on so many levels to try and prove a point. Smith plays on the better team, but Ryan is the better player. Let's not get it twisted.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 01-08-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You think Smith has a better offense around him than Ryan?
Old 01-08-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
You think Smith has a better offense around him than Ryan?
I think Ryan is just a better player regardless. Having guys like Roddy White has helped him throughout his career, but I just believe Ryan's decision making, throwing accuracy and pocket presence are just better plain and simple. And players like White, Jones, and Gonzalez have benefited from having a quarterback like Ryan.

Quote:
Old 01-08-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
That one call is not why they lost the game. You can't overule a whistle, wtf. Whistle stops play, end of discusion. Actually, they're lucky they even got the ball back because replay clearly showed the ref blew the whistle before the Lions recovered the ball, so it should have actually been a incomplete pass, with the Saints getting the ball if we want to get technical. And even if you give them the 7 points, what's the final score again? It means nothing in the grand scheme of things. The Lions lost because they let the Saints run all over them, which allowed them to get burned on play-action repeatedly. They lost because they let the Saints convert way too many 3rd and longs. They lost because they can't tackle and play undiscplined football on defense. They lost because their offense started pressing and turning the ball over late. Sure they were some bad calls, spots, etc. There are bad calls in every game. But they didn't decide the outcome of this game. Not in the slightest.
Screw the whistle. If the head official (referee) rules it a fumble, that should automatically over rule the other officials and it was a fumble. The official that ruled it an incomplete pass couldnt even see what it was from his angle and has no right making that call to begin with.

Sorry but that did affect the outcome of the game because its all about momentum and if that becomes a TD and a 21-7 lead, how do you know the same things happen? You dont. When things go differently, other things change as a result.

I do believe that the officials helped the Saints win the game and look at the Lions. They were screwed THREE times last night, a week ago against the Packers and a year ago with the Calvin Johnson TD that was in fact a TD.

My point being that the officials better not screw us over just because everyone wants to see the Saints and Packers in the NFC championship game. We're the home team and as the home team, we're supposed to get the majority of calls going our way. After all, thats why its called home field advantage.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We're the home team and as the home team, we're supposed to get the majority of calls going our way. After all, thats why its called home field advantage.
There isn't one bit of truth in any of that. Come on Dan.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Dan it sounds like you are already preparing your excuses for when the 49ers lose. Don't be one of those fans.

Quote:
We're the home team and as the home team, we're supposed to get the majority of calls going our way. After all, thats why its called home field advantage.
And this is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

Quote:
Old 01-08-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So all the home teams won this weekend. Hopefully that continues at least into the first game next week.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Goon61
Rookie

Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
So all the home teams won this weekend. Hopefully that continues at least into the first game next week.
I doubt home field advantage was the only reason they won.
Goon61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:35 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think Ryan is just a better player regardless. Having guys like Roddy White has helped him throughout his career, but I just believe Ryan's decision making, throwing accuracy and pocket presence are just better plain and simple. And players like White, Jones, and Gonzalez have benefited from having a quarterback like Ryan.
Or probably the other way around. Or maybe you want to check the stats from Alex's victory over the G-Men and Ryan's blowout loss to them. Ryan is severly overated. And I didnt need his showing today to let me know that. He's just been surrounded by better coaching for a longer period. You put Ryan in this offense and he is no better than Smith. I firmly believe that.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:38 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
White and Jones, maybe, but Gonzo was already a Hall of Famer. White was also pretty good with Harrington and Redman at QB in 2007.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:51 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Screw the whistle. If the head official (referee) rules it a fumble, that should automatically over rule the other officials and it was a fumble. The official that ruled it an incomplete pass couldnt even see what it was from his angle and has no right making that call to begin with.

Sorry but that did affect the outcome of the game because its all about momentum and if that becomes a TD and a 21-7 lead, how do you know the same things happen? You dont. When things go differently, other things change as a result.

I do believe that the officials helped the Saints win the game and look at the Lions. They were screwed THREE times last night, a week ago against the Packers and a year ago with the Calvin Johnson TD that was in fact a TD.

My point being that the officials better not screw us over just because everyone wants to see the Saints and Packers in the NFC championship game. We're the home team and as the home team, we're supposed to get the majority of calls going our way. After all, thats why its called home field advantage.
Momentum my azz. That didnt stop the Saints from throwing for 5 TDs in the second half. Could have been more but they called the dogs off those last two posesssions. We'll just have to agree to disagree Dan. But you sound like all those Steeler fans who were saying that they got hosed on Monday Night when we played them. A couple of calls here and there isnt why the Lions lost. Its not like they were the far superior team who lost a close one to a weaker team. Maybe then I could see those calls being a factor. They lost because they were the inferior team. And the Saints won going away. We just don't see eye to eye on this one.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goon61 View Post
I doubt home field advantage was the only reason they won.
I know, just observing.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote