Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 01-25-2012, 01:35 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This loss still stings like hell :(. I'm still totally bummed, it's definitely affecting me at work too. The reality is, it's going to be hard as hell to get back to where the team got this year.

I'm scared that Alex may have peaked, he's definitely shed the bust label but if he can't improve we are in serious trouble. As with most people on this board, I was able to put his performance in context and not be hypercritical when he had a few off games this year. Next year though, everything hinges on his performance, no more excuses like Ness says. If he has peaked though, it might take forever to get back to the NFC championship, and we might have to go through quite a few QBs...it would be tragic. I'm hoping for the best but I don't know when this opportunity will show itself again. Help.

Last edited by binary : 01-25-2012 at 01:41 AM.
binary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:06 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
This loss still stings like hell :(. I'm still totally bummed, it's definitely affecting me at work too. The reality is, it's going to be hard as hell to get back to where the team got this year.

I'm scared that Alex may have peaked, he's definitely shed the bust label but if he can't improve we are in serious trouble. As with most people on this board, I was able to put his performance in context and not be hypercritical when he had a few off games this year. Next year though, everything hinges on his performance, no more excuses like Ness says. If he has peaked though, it might take forever to get back to the NFC championship, and we might have to go through quite a few QBs...it would be tragic. I'm hoping for the best but I don't know when this opportunity will show itself again. Help.
This is why I was such as asshole even up until the start of the game against New Orleans. The 49ers might never get a chance like this again for maybe even 15 years. You just never know. This was a game the 49ers could have easily won. And Alex may have peaked. The good news is that it's possible he may get better due being in a new system, dealing with a new coach, etc. But I still personally haven't seen many flashes of greatness. I still haven't seen a game where he was dominant for four straight quarters in a game. I still haven't seen a game where from start to finish we won the game because of his presence on offense. He's not going to get a mega deal in the offseason, which should tell people how the organization feels about him.

The schedule is going to be harder next season. So if he falls flat on his face, it's Kaepernick time, and we better pray that he was worth the spot we took him at. Alex needs to be better than he was this season though.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:24 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'm still also very mad about the outcome. I still want Kyle Williams gone. I don't care about his potential, he's a moron on the field and that will cost us games. He also muffed a fumble in college that led to the other team scoring a game-winning FG so it may be a habit. Not to mention we had a terrible WR corps this year and he still made very little impact. I've calmed down from how angry i was sunday night but i want him gone.

As for the future...I think we'll be in constant contention with Harbaugh as the HC, but its never a guarantee which is why you have to take advantage of every opportunity. Next year we could suffer a ton of injuries, lose more games against a tougher schedule, etc. I also share your worry that Alex may have peaked, but Harbaugh is a QB guru and he did use 3 picks on Kaepernick. Kaep is raw but he could be ready as soon as next year, or maybe 2013. Harbaugh got the best out of Alex, he'll get the best out of Kaepernick, only a matter of time IMO.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:32 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Chillax man. Everyone keeps saying the same thing.....never know when we'll get another oppourtunity like this again. Yet good organizations....Steelers, Pats, Jets, Giants, Ravens, Packers are in the playoffs and playing for Super Bowls damn near every year. If you keep your core intact, continue to draft well and maintain solid QB play, you will always be in the hunt every year. Its not a question of if we'll get back to this point IMO, its how many times will we make a run. I don't understand how anyone can look at our circumstances heading into this season and don't expect this team, especially this offense, to improve ten fold next year. Even if our record is slightly worst(I'm already predicting 11-5) due to a tougher schedule, I fully expect the offense to improve, Alex to improve, upgrades on the outside and full implementation of the entire playbook to help improve 3rd down efficency, and the defense to be that much more dominant. We have a GM and a HC in place that can keep us competitve. Its like most of you worry that this year was a fluke or something. Its wasn't a fluke because the talent has always been here. Im excited for this off-season because Im eager to see what subtle changes Baalke and Harbaugh make to improve this team. I just can't see any negatives for this team's future. Of course not every season is going end with us going 13-3. Might be a 9-7 season in there like the G-Men where a team gets hot late and finds that chemistry at the right time. But I don't see us as not being a player in the NFC, especially when I look at the rosters of other contenders in the conference. Our defense will defintely keep us in the hunt. None of the elite teams in the conference can defend like we can. The offense won't be so inept going foward.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:40 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And there is no way Kendall Wright falls to 30. That's why I've been thinking that we might take a flier on the poor man's Kendall Wright, Joe Adams later in the 3rd.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:54 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we definitely need to sign a FA WR as well as draft one. One needs to be a big body, and the other a big play threat.

I think WR is the #1 need and DB #2

Side note: did anyone else see Rainy yesterday??? O_O That dude can FLY!! He can play WR, RB, or PR.

Just putting that out there....

Last edited by edgrenade : 01-25-2012 at 05:57 AM.
edgrenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:35 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Joe Adams later in the 3rd.
Yes, he is quite the burner, and we would have a nice kick returner, too.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:45 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a reminder for next year's schedule:

49ERS 2012 OPPONENTS

Home

Arizona
St. Louis
Seattle
Chicago
Detroit
Buffalo
Miami
New York Giants

Away
Arizona
St. Louis
Seattle
Green Bay
Minnesota
New England
New York Jets
New Orleans

On paper that is a hard schedule. Of course injuries will happen to other teams and certain teams will meet, exceed, or fall below expectations. But we are playing three of the time quarterbacks in the game in Brees, Brady, and Rogers at home. Hopefully the offense can keep up. Our defense won't be able to save us week to week this time. I'm praying we go 10-6.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 01-25-2012 at 07:47 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
I'm still also very mad about the outcome. I still want Kyle Williams gone. I don't care about his potential, he's a moron on the field and that will cost us games. He also muffed a fumble in college that led to the other team scoring a game-winning FG so it may be a habit. Not to mention we had a terrible WR corps this year and he still made very little impact. I've calmed down from how angry i was sunday night but i want him gone.
If we constantly offloaded players due to a mistake they made in the NFC Championship Game, there wouldn't be a team left to play with.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a few thoughts -

1) I would keep WR Kyle Williams because if Ginn wasnt injured, we wouldnt be having this conversation plus he's a good slot receiver. He ****** up on the punt return that hit his knee but the last one was because the defender made a great play on him as he was switching the ball from one hand to the other. Granted, he shouldnt have switched hands but whats done is done. He's only in his third season and honestly, I prefer to keep him over Morgan anyway. One thing that is good about him, he's not making any excuses or whatnot where as a lot of players do. He's taken responsibility for screwing up and that says a lot about him and honestly, I think that if Harbaugh was to let him go because of the fumbles, I think that it would be a mistake. I would re-sign Ginn and draft another returner though but want Williams back as the slot receiver.

2) Rumors have it that the Cardinals may go after WR DeSean Jackson and QB Peyton Manning if available. If that happens, we're ******. For us, if Jackson hits free agency as an UFA, im really hoping that we go all out for him because he's exactly what we need. Jackson, Davis, Crabtree, Walker and Williams as our receiving core would be damn good plus Crabtree has only two years left on his contract and if he doesnt break out, I wouldnt be surprised to see the team trade him next off-season or to let him walk in 2014. Back to Jackson, he's got an attitude problem but I dont care. He can be the biggest jackass in the world and as long as he doesnt do anything illegal and plays damn good, I'll be happy. He's the deep threat we need period and would allow Davis, Crabtree, etc. more chances to make plays. Re-sign Snyder keeping our starting OL intact and see what Smith can do. If we can upgrade over Snyder, great but if not, I easily prefer him over re-signing Rachal.

3) Defensively, I wish we would trade or release Haralson as I dont like him at all. Hope to see Brooks get re-signed and see Aldon start opposite Brooks. Draft another pass rusher in the second round and there you go. Re-sign Grant because he's basically a copy of Bowman who's a copy of Willis. Secondary wise, I would let Rogers leave and replace him with the best cover corner available in FA and draft another CB in the first round. Rogers did great for us but I dont see him improving especially after he gets paid. If its a good deal, then I would re-sign him, if not, goodbye.. I would however re-sign Goldson because he's younger, fits in better than he has his previous four seasons and is a good safety combo with him and Whitner.

4) Alex Smith should be re-signed but he needs a playmaking deep threat at WR like Jackson because except for Davis who isnt even an actual WR, no one did anything and im not going to blame Smith for that. Give him a deep threat and then we'll see how he plays. Personally, I think that he'll play better if he gets a WR like Jackson.

Thoughts guys?
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

No diva receivers. I don't want DeSean Jackson. We already went through this crap with Terrell Owens. The last thing we need at at the receiver position is another diva on the team when we may already have on in Crabtree. I guess the difference is that this one would actually get separation, but at the same time after seeing him take plays off in Philadelphia, not talk to the quarterback when he doesn't get his way, etc. it's just not worth it. The top organizations that are usually in the playoffs don't have people like these on their roster. Steelers, Packers, Patriots, Chargers, Colts, etc. This is why Pittsburgh looks smart for letting Santonio Holmes go.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 01-25-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
No diva receivers. I don't want DeSean Jackson. We already went through this crap with Terrell Owens. The last thing we need at at the receiver position is another diva on the team when we may already have on in Crabtree. I guess the difference is that this one would actually get separation, but at the same time after seeing him take plays off in Philadelphia, not talk to the quarterback when he doesn't get his way, etc. it's just not worth it. The top organizations that are usually in the playoffs don't have people like these on their roster. Steelers, Packers, Patriots, Chargers, Colts, etc. This is why Pittsburgh looks smart for letting Santonio Holmes go.
The difference is that Jackson is easily better than Crabtree and worth the risk. Watching the Giants game and seeing our entire WR core get only one catch for three yards is beyond horrible. This is why I was hoping that we would at the very least brought in T.O. and Moss for workouts because I said it back in December, without having that playmaker at WR (not TE), we're not going to win and well, we didnt. Having a WR like Jackson who spreads out the defense and opens up passing lanes for Smith is worth it.

Yeah, T.O. was a diva but who cares??? I dont. I just wanted to win. I didnt give a damn that he was and/or is a jackass. I want to see my team win and if that means taking a risk on Jackson, so be it. Eventually, being "safe" bites you in the ass.

And all those teams have one thing we dont - a top ten, possibly top five QB. Of course, when you look at the Patriots, they have Brady and Belichick while the Giants have Manning and a trio of receivers.

I think that Harbaugh/Smith can be a good combo but Smith needs a playmaking deep threat because thats the link thats missing on our offense. Give him that and then we can fairly judge how Smith does. Smith's only weapon was Davis who's awesome but he cant do it alone.

Personally, im willing to see the team take the risk with Jackson because I think that its worth the risk.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
The difference is that Jackson is easily better than Crabtree and worth the risk. Watching the Giants game and seeing our entire WR core get only one catch for three yards is beyond horrible. This is why I was hoping that we would at the very least brought in T.O. and Moss for workouts because I said it back in December, without having that playmaker at WR (not TE), we're not going to win and well, we didnt. Having a WR like Jackson who spreads out the defense and opens up passing lanes for Smith is worth it.

Yeah, T.O. was a diva but who cares??? I dont. I just wanted to win. I didnt give a damn that he was and/or is a jackass. I want to see my team win and if that means taking a risk on Jackson, so be it. Eventually, being "safe" bites you in the ass.

And all those teams have one thing we dont - a top ten, possibly top five QB. Of course, when you look at the Patriots, they have Brady and Belichick while the Giants have Manning and a trio of receivers.

I think that Harbaugh/Smith can be a good combo but Smith needs a playmaking deep threat because thats the link thats missing on our offense. Give him that and then we can fairly judge how Smith does. Smith's only weapon was Davis who's awesome but he cant do it alone.

Personally, im willing to see the team take the risk with Jackson because I think that its worth the risk.
Well I personally dont feel the risk is worth it and I dont think Baalke will either. Jackson is a one demensional headache waiting to happen. Besides being late for meetings and displaying piss poor work ethic(at least T.O. was dedicated to his craft), how does this guy fit into this locker room? What's going to happen when he isnt feed the ball enough? How about when we ask him to crack-block a 290 lbs DE on a QB sweep? How's he going to react to being in a offense that isnt chucking the ball downfield 40 times a game? I dont see him as a Harbaugh kind of guy. Baalke already went out on a limb with a guy with a checkered past in Edwards and it didnt work out. I doubt he goes back down that path. There are other WRs who can help us create plays downfield that are much better fit with scheme.

And why do you want to cut Haralson? He has a modest base salary and has played his role in this defense and peformed well. Your only creating another hole on the roster at OLB by cutting a guy who starts and provides us huge flexibility with our personel. We've found a nice niche for him in this scheme. I dont see how keeping him on the roster makes us worst or prevents a more deserving player from earning a spot on the 53. If someone comes along that makes him expendable that's fine. But we got away with only having 3 OLBs on the roster this past season. No need to make us thinner at the position than we already are.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 01-25-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Alex was skipping passes along the ground 3 feet in front of T.O. instead of Crabs in the NFCCG, I can only imagine the petulant crying we'd see from T.O.

It would be his all-time greatest bitchfest in the middle of the field. Thank the lord that crybaby isn't on the team.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:

Eagles had a top ten QB with Owens at one point in time. So did Dallas. So did we with Garcia. What happened? Nothing. They didn't win ****.

Vikings with Moss and Culpepper? Nothing. Didn't win ****. Patriots with Brady and Moss? Nothing. Didn't win ****.

Palmer and OchoCinco (back when he was good)? Nothing. Didn't win ****.

There are good receivers in the NFL that aren't selfish players. Desean Jackson isn't the answer. I'll take Bowe, Colston, Vincent Jackson, or even Stevie Johnson before I touch Desean Jackson and his one trick pony ass.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 01-25-2012 at 06:21 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

I feel really bad for Frank Gore. He's given everything for this franchise. He has one, maybe two years left if he's lucky? He'll be 29. Dang this is why I wanted the team to AT LEAST get there.

Quote:
Old 01-25-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I feel really bad for Frank Gore. He's given everything for this franchise. He has one, maybe two years left if he's lucky? He'll be 29. Dang this is why I wanted the team to AT LEAST get there.
Nah, I rather lose before the Super Bowl than to lose the Super Bowl. It would really suck to see Brady win ring #4, while our perfect SB record goes down in flames. Thats why I wasn't too bummed about the NFCCG. Was not confident our offense could pull it out against a top 5 offense, yet again.

As far as Frank, it is what it is. Look at Steven Jackson. Great back who hasn't even sniffed the post-season. At least he got to taste some success in his Niner career. Hopefully if he is around next year, they limit his caries early in the year and make Hunter the 3rd down back. That would keep him fresher throughout the season and save his legs for more carries during the post-season.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:36 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
And why do you want to cut Haralson? He has a modest base salary and has played his role in this defense and peformed well. Your only creating another hole on the roster at OLB by cutting a guy who starts and provides us huge flexibility with our personel. We've found a nice niche for him in this scheme. I dont see how keeping him on the roster makes us worst or prevents a more deserving player from earning a spot on the 53. If someone comes along that makes him expendable that's fine. But we got away with only having 3 OLBs on the roster this past season. No need to make us thinner at the position than we already are.
Because I want to see Brooks and Smith as the starters. I dont see that happening with Haralson on the roster.

Quote:
If Alex was skipping passes along the ground 3 feet in front of T.O. instead of Crabs in the NFCCG, I can only imagine the petulant crying we'd see from T.O.

It would be his all-time greatest bitchfest in the middle of the field. Thank the lord that crybaby isn't on the team.
But thats the thing I loved about T.O. Ever notice that when his team was winning, you never heard a peep out of him? Guy wanted to win. Crabtree could care less and I prefer an asshole who wants to win over a guy who's cool but just wants to collect a paycheck and go home but to each his own.

Quote:
Eagles had a top ten QB with Owens at one point in time. So did Dallas. So did we with Garcia. What happened? Nothing. They didn't win ****.

Vikings with Moss and Culpepper? Nothing. Didn't win ****. Patriots with Brady and Moss? Nothing. Didn't win ****.

Palmer and OchoCinco (back when he was good)? Nothing. Didn't win ****.

There are good receivers in the NFL that aren't selfish players. Desean Jackson isn't the answer. I'll take Bowe, Colston, Vincent Jackson, or even Stevie Johnson before I touch Desean Jackson and his one trick pony ass.
49ers didnt win because they werent aggressive enough and were lacking in other areas. Sure as hell wasnt because of T.O. Eagles went to the SB with T.O. and T.O. unlike McNabb earned his money with 9 rec for 122 yards coming off a broken fibula. McNabb was puking half the game. And Reid kept passing anyway despite having Westbrook. Cowboys went 13-3 in 2007 with T.O. and if you subtract him, they would have been lucky to go 8-8. Since they released T.O., they've been worse and the reason why they lost in 2007 to the NYG wasnt because of T.O. It was because Romo went on a damn vacation with Jessica Simpson and the HC Wade Phillips didnt do anything about it. Love him or hate him, when you see the stats, work ethic and desire to win, few come close to T.O. Subtract T.O. and the 49ers, Eagles and Cowboys would have all been average at best teams back then if that.

Think about this - if Braylon Edwards actually did good and was an asshole, do you really think that Harbaugh would have cut him? The answer is no. Skill, talent and playmaking ability will always overshadow if the player is an asshole. If the player gets into legal trouble, then no argument here but if he can help the team WIN which is the main goal of every team and every player even though it doesnt always seem that way, then im willing to see the team take a chance on DeSean Jackson.

Vincent Jackson is good and correct me if im wrong but hasnt he been arrested before? If so, sorry, I dont want him. Why? So, he can get paid to sit in jail. No thanks. Bowe? He's the Chiefs best offensive weapon and if they let him leave, that tells me to stay away. Colston is arguably the best of the bunch but I dont think that he'll do as good if he leaves NO. Johnson is okay but he's seems to be a diva type too.

Hell, nearly every WR is a diva but if you can get one who can possibly put you over the top and into the SB and win it, who cares???
Old 01-25-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Nah, I rather lose before the Super Bowl than to lose the Super Bowl. It would really suck to see Brady win ring #4, while our perfect SB record goes down in flames. Thats why I wasn't too bummed about the NFCCG. Was not confident our offense could pull it out against a top 5 offense, yet again.
Agreed.

Quote:
As far as Frank, it is what it is. Look at Steven Jackson. Great back who hasn't even sniffed the post-season. At least he got to taste some success in his Niner career. Hopefully if he is around next year, they limit his caries early in the year and make Hunter the 3rd down back. That would keep him fresher throughout the season and save his legs for more carries during the post-season.
Is Gore going to be traded or released or something because since Sunday, I have read nothing but speculation here that he's played his last game as a 49er. If that was the case, I dont think that they would have extended him by three years. I dont think Gore was 100% healthy this year and im hoping that Hunter can become better in pass protection so Gore can be more healthy and rested for the second half of next season and hopefully, the playoffs.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:46 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is Gore going to be traded or released or something because since Sunday, I have read nothing but speculation here that he's played his last game as a 49er. If that was the case, I dont think that they would have extended him by three years. I dont think Gore was 100% healthy this year and im hoping that Hunter can become better in pass protection so Gore can be more healthy and rested for the second half of next season and hopefully, the playoffs.
have a link?

Just two days ago, Gore said this...
Quote:
“I thought we did well, with no offseason,” he said. “To have an offseason with the coaches where they’ll put more stuff in, I think we’ll get better.”
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-r.../post/16977850

Last edited by phlysac : 01-26-2012 at 12:49 AM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:04 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Just here and in the 49ers Giants topic, some guys here have posted that they think that could or may happen. Thats all.

I would definitely sign Ray Rice and trade Gore if I had the chance to do so but dont see that happening. I'm just hoping that Hunter improves and Gore is 100% healthy for 2012.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:32 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
49ers didnt win because they werent aggressive enough and were lacking in other areas. Sure as hell wasnt because of T.O. Eagles went to the SB with T.O. and T.O. unlike McNabb earned his money with 9 rec for 122 yards coming off a broken fibula. McNabb was puking half the game. And Reid kept passing anyway despite having Westbrook. Cowboys went 13-3 in 2007 with T.O. and if you subtract him, they would have been lucky to go 8-8. Since they released T.O., they've been worse and the reason why they lost in 2007 to the NYG wasnt because of T.O. It was because Romo went on a damn vacation with Jessica Simpson and the HC Wade Phillips didnt do anything about it. Love him or hate him, when you see the stats, work ethic and desire to win, few come close to T.O. Subtract T.O. and the 49ers, Eagles and Cowboys would have all been average at best teams back then if that.

Think about this - if Braylon Edwards actually did good and was an asshole, do you really think that Harbaugh would have cut him? The answer is no. Skill, talent and playmaking ability will always overshadow if the player is an asshole. If the player gets into legal trouble, then no argument here but if he can help the team WIN which is the main goal of every team and every player even though it doesnt always seem that way, then im willing to see the team take a chance on DeSean Jackson.

Vincent Jackson is good and correct me if im wrong but hasnt he been arrested before? If so, sorry, I dont want him. Why? So, he can get paid to sit in jail. No thanks. Bowe? He's the Chiefs best offensive weapon and if they let him leave, that tells me to stay away. Colston is arguably the best of the bunch but I dont think that he'll do as good if he leaves NO. Johnson is okay but he's seems to be a diva type too.

Hell, nearly every WR is a diva but if you can get one who can possibly put you over the top and into the SB and win it, who cares???
Wow Dan where do I begin?

You are trying to make excuses for all of these diva wideouts. The fact of the matter still stands, diva receivers don't get rings. No matter how much you want to "break it down".

As far as Owens is concerned, Dallas went 11-5 after he left and did something they didn't do when he was there, which is win a playoff game. They didn't need his services and guys like Miles Austin have filled that role just fine. The season before the previous one when they made the playoffs Romo actually didn't play bad against the Giants. He was under constant pressure from their defensive line. He didn't lose the game. So the "vacation" card you want to pull out to try and justify an already weak argument is just making you look worse.

As far as the Eagles are concerned, they've still continued to have success before Owens was there and after he was there. Did he help them get to the Super Bowl, sure (well not really they won the championship game without him). But did they need him necessarily? I wouldn't say so. They just need players better than Todd Pinkston and Freddie Mitchell. They were still going to the playoffs with guys like Kevin Curtis and Jason Avant. DeSean Jackson has helped too, but he's on his way out the door and not surprising.

Harbaugh wouldn't have cut Edwards if he was having a big year, but that doesn't mean Edwards had super job security. It's not surprising that Owens couldn't get an NFL job. Guys like him and Randy Moss have never won a championship no matter how talented they've been and no matter how many teams they've gone to. Because they've worn out their welcome and pissed away their chances by acting like morons. Meanwhile receivers that are just as talented, but not headaches like Wayne, Ward, Colston, and Jennings are all flossin a championship ring. For some strange reason you won't let go of Owens who is now broke and in another league, and Moss who is officially retired. Dan let me make this perfectly clear to you:

MOSS AND OWENS ARE NOT COMING TO THE 49ERS. THE DREAM IS OVER. STOP BRINGING THEM UP.

Now that that is out of the way...

Quote:
I would definitely sign Ray Rice and trade Gore if I had the chance to do so but dont see that happening. I'm just hoping that Hunter improves and Gore is 100% healthy for 2012.
LMFAO yeah that's not happening Dan.

You want to sign Drew Brees too? He's a FA you know hahaha.

Quote:
But thats the thing I loved about T.O. Ever notice that when his team was winning, you never heard a peep out of him? Guy wanted to win. Crabtree could care less and I prefer an asshole who wants to win over a guy who's cool but just wants to collect a paycheck and go home but to each his own.
Yeah let's conveniently forget the countless times he bitched when the team wasn't winning.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 01-26-2012 at 07:40 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:44 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:

If you look at the contract he signed, its essentially a one year deal. He has to be on the roster after a certain date(I think its June 1st 2012) for the rest of the deal to kick in. Thats why some have speculated that he may not be brought back. He hasn't been completely healthy in over 3 years. He's only getting older. Its not out of the realm of possibilites that they chose go younger. If they see what they want out of Dixon in the off-season and/or add another back via the draft that really impresses them, they might be tempted to cut ties. Hunter is not a every down back. And until they find one, I think they'll keep him. But improvement out of Dixon to where he and Hunter can split the load, and they might decide to cut ties.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 01-26-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, T.O. was a diva but who cares??? I dont. I just wanted to win.
The 49ers got as far this season as they ever did with Owens. It's not "winning" that you wanted. It was tremendous WR play.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Wow Dan where do I begin?

You are trying to make excuses for all of these diva wideouts. The fact of the matter still stands, diva receivers don't get rings. No matter how much you want to "break it down".

As far as Owens is concerned, Dallas went 11-5 after he left and did something they didn't do when he was there, which is win a playoff game. They didn't need his services and guys like Miles Austin have filled that role just fine. The season before the previous one when they made the playoffs Romo actually didn't play bad against the Giants. He was under constant pressure from their defensive line. He didn't lose the game. So the "vacation" card you want to pull out to try and justify an already weak argument is just making you look worse.

As far as the Eagles are concerned, they've still continued to have success before Owens was there and after he was there. Did he help them get to the Super Bowl, sure (well not really they won the championship game without him). But did they need him necessarily? I wouldn't say so. They just need players better than Todd Pinkston and Freddie Mitchell. They were still going to the playoffs with guys like Kevin Curtis and Jason Avant. DeSean Jackson has helped too, but he's on his way out the door and not surprising.

Harbaugh wouldn't have cut Edwards if he was having a big year, but that doesn't mean Edwards had super job security. It's not surprising that Owens couldn't get an NFL job. Guys like him and Randy Moss have never won a championship no matter how talented they've been and no matter how many teams they've gone to. Because they've worn out their welcome and pissed away their chances by acting like morons. Meanwhile receivers that are just as talented, but not headaches like Wayne, Ward, Colston, and Jennings are all flossin a championship ring. For some strange reason you won't let go of Owens who is now broke and in another league, and Moss who is officially retired. Dan let me make this perfectly clear to you:

MOSS AND OWENS ARE NOT COMING TO THE 49ERS. THE DREAM IS OVER. STOP BRINGING THEM UP.

Now that that is out of the way...

LMFAO yeah that's not happening Dan.

You want to sign Drew Brees too? He's a FA you know hahaha.

Yeah let's conveniently forget the countless times he bitched when the team wasn't winning.
I'm not making excuses or forgetting about the times Owens or whoever bitched. Quite simply, im saying that I dont care if he bitched. Owens is the last great receiver we've had and thats what I care about, period. You dont like him, fine. I do. You believe what you want to believe and I'll believe what I want to believe and for the record, I never said to sign Owens/Moss, I said to bring them in for workouts and see how they do. Do I want either or both now? No but I do want an awesome young playmaking deep threat.

And I give you my word to stop mentioning Owens (and even Moss) if you stop bitching about Smith for the entire off-season and pre-season. Deal?

As for Rice, I said that's not going to happen. Would I go after him if he somehow hits UFA, hell yeah but dont see it happening so it doesnt matter. And I wanted Brees in 2005 when he was franchised but that didnt happen. Oh well.