Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 01-28-2012, 10:31 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We initially speculated that the Niners might dangle Spencer on the trade market, but they're expected to cut ties with an unhappy player due $3.2 million. Current Texans DBs coach Vance Joseph tutored Spencer from 2005 until 2010, the last of which was Spencer's career year. After he's released, Spencer could become a candidate to replace free agent Jason Allen in Houston.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/...awntae-spencer

So yeah, a see a couple of CBs signed during the off-season. And have I mentioned how much I would really like to see us sign Jason Allen? Think he could really help our nickel defense. Big, fast and has played both FS and CB in the pros. You know Jimbaugh loves the versatile guys...
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
We will defintely sign a CB or two in free agency. I just hope one of them isnt Samuels. Unless they plan on making him the nickelback and his contract reflects as much.
I'd rather sign one... Carlos Rogers, and draft one or two...

Old 01-28-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

whether it's through free agency-trade-or the draft i hope for my peace of mind the right side of offensive line gets addressed...davis hasn't convinced me yet he's capable of holding it down to protect whoever will be in the pocket just yet.

a desean jackson or vincent jackson size speed type receiver would be great. anyone who can catch a pass more than 3 yards and go on record and say " just need to make plays " deserves to get slapped but that's just m...cough crabtree.

free safety-young corner-another pass rusher for depth i'd like to see added as well.

as far as alex smith i'd like to see some friendly competition for him. since ck won't be ready i would not be opposed to seeing a vet come in and push him a bit. nothing wrong with competition.
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doug Martin would be an excellent back to take over for Gore and in front of Hunter. I could see him as our new 3rd down back when needed. I would love him on our team...Make it happen coach .
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I'd rather sign one... Carlos Rogers, and draft one or two...

Boykins is cool....but Im really liking Donnie Fletcher right now. He could play either FS or CB at the next level. I like that kind of versatility. He just seems like a guy that "gets it" and understands position and footwork. Also like Heyward and Asa Jackson too.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
whether it's through free agency-trade-or the draft i hope for my peace of mind the right side of offensive line gets addressed...davis hasn't convinced me yet he's capable of holding it down to protect whoever will be in the pocket just yet.

a desean jackson or vincent jackson size speed type receiver would be great. anyone who can catch a pass more than 3 yards and go on record and say " just need to make plays " deserves to get slapped but that's just m...cough crabtree.

free safety-young corner-another pass rusher for depth i'd like to see added as well.

as far as alex smith i'd like to see some friendly competition for him. since ck won't be ready i would not be opposed to seeing a vet come in and push him a bit. nothing wrong with competition.
Davis is fine. The issue is at RG. I hope Synder is upgraded. Have no problem with what Crabtree said because he does have a point. Re-watching the NFCCG, there were a few passes where I though Alex's conservatism got the best of him. And considering that one pass to Crabtree was a poorly thrown ball, I can understand his frustrations. Probably wasn't the right time to make those comments but he was being truthfully and I can't fault a guy for saying the excat same thing I was feeling after seeing the game a second time. Great news is both he Alex should be remarkably better in the offense going foward. And yes, we need some WRs that compliment Crabs and pulls the safety off of VD. As far as competiton for Alex, unless you consider a Josh Johnson-type competition, we wont be adding a vet through FA.....unless his name is Alex Smith. Alex has his competiton in two young guns on the roster who will push him. CK and Tolizen have been the offense and our improving just like Alex is. If Alex falters in anyway, CK will get an opportunity. He was a second round pick for a reason. He was the 2nd string QB as a rookie for a reason.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 01-28-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aldon Smith arrested for DUI in Miami
http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-...medium=twitter

Great start to the off-season.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OH ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smart move Aldon.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Boykins is cool....but Im really liking Donnie Fletcher right now. He could play either FS or CB at the next level. I like that kind of versatility. He just seems like a guy that "gets it" and understands position and footwork. Also like Heyward and Asa Jackson too.
Oh, Boykin is nowhere near "the best", I just like him alot and think he'd be sexy as a nickle DB with legit return abilities to target in the mid rounds.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since Aldon was arrested last night with DUI, we should release him. After all, he's now going to be considered a potential problem and we cant have potential problems on our beloved 49ers, now can we???

<sarcasm>

All I have to say is what a moron. Why are these people who make millions of dollars so ******* stupid??? Are they really that bored and have nothing else better to do??? UGH.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:50 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Since Aldon was arrested last night with DUI, we should release him. After all, he's now going to be considered a potential problem and we cant have potential problems on our beloved 49ers, now can we???

<sarcasm>

All I have to say is what a moron. Why are these people who make millions of dollars so ******* stupid??? Are they really that bored and have nothing else better to do??? UGH.
Huh? Im not ready to write the guy off for one stupid ass mistake. But I don't see how this has anything to do with what you and Ness were arguing. Both Moss and Owens have a history of screwing up.....inside the locker room, no less. See the difference?

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 01-28-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dammit Aldon. If the douches on Jersey Shore know how to call a cab, so should you.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Huh? Im not ready to write the guy off for one stupid ass mistake. But I don't see how this has anything to do with what you and Ness were arguing. Both Moss and Owens have a history of screwing up.....inside the locker room, no less. See the difference?
I'm not writing him off at all. And I do see the difference, players with skill and talent are like people who are millionaires. They can get away with doing stupid crap where as a normal average person like you and me would be thrown in jail to rot. And personally, I rather have an asshole in the locker room instead of a player who can get arrested on any given day and the reason why is simple. The guy who's an asshole will still be able to perform on the field where as the guy who gets arrested may be in jail for a while and well, the only thing he'll be performing is some homosexual acts.

And by the way, if a player like Aldon Smith can get arrested (which is worse than being an asshole in the locker room) can get away with it and still keep his job, that only proves that talent, skill, potential and upside will overshadow anything that player may do off the field. My problem is that if you dont want a player who's an asshole in the locker room, then you shouldnt want a player who gets arrested which again, is far worse. And he was arrested for DUI which one wrong turn, move, swerve and it becomes vehicular homicide but yeah, its far better to have that kind of player compared to a player who's an asshole.

Seriously, come on.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm not writing him off at all. And I do see the difference, players with skill and talent are like people who are millionaires. They can get away with doing stupid crap where as a normal average person like you and me would be thrown in jail to rot. And personally, I rather have an asshole in the locker room instead of a player who can get arrested on any given day and the reason why is simple. The guy who's an asshole will still be able to perform on the field where as the guy who gets arrested may be in jail for a while and well, the only thing he'll be performing is some homosexual acts.

And by the way, if a player like Aldon Smith can get arrested (which is worse than being an asshole in the locker room) can get away with it and still keep his job, that only proves that talent, skill, potential and upside will overshadow anything that player may do off the field. My problem is that if you dont want a player who's an asshole in the locker room, then you shouldnt want a player who gets arrested which again, is far worse. And he was arrested for DUI which one wrong turn, move, swerve and it becomes vehicular homicide but yeah, its far better to have that kind of player compared to a player who's an asshole.

Seriously, come on.
The point is the Smith's DUI and the reason Ness was arguing against bringing in guys like Owens and Moss into our locker room are totally irrevelant. That's the point I was trying to make. Its how they are as players and teammates, nothing to do with what they do off the field. A bad locker room makes for bad play, just ask the Jets player. People have DUIs and still keep they're job. I dont really understand the point your trying to make there. I don't excuse Smith for being reckless and irresponsible. But Im willing to see if he learns and matures from this incident. Moss and Owens had plenty of opportunties to learn from theirs, yet failed to time and time again.

Back to the Niners off-season.....

Watching the Senior Bowl and really wishing somehow Criner, Martin, Adams(even after that horrible fumble) and Jones ALL end up in Niner unis. Martin actually looks better than I thought he would. He's like a young Gore/Ray Rice rolled into one.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 01-28-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
The point is the Smith's DUI and the reason Ness was arguing against bringing in guys like Owens and Moss into our locker room are totally irrevelant. That's the point I was trying to make. Its how they are as players and teammates, nothing to do with what they do off the field. A bad locker room makes for bad play, just ask the Jets player. People have DUIs and still keep they're job. I dont really understand the point your trying to make there. I don't excuse Smith for being reckless and irresponsible. But Im willing to see if he learns and matures from this incident. Moss and Owens had plenty of opportunties to learn from theirs, yet failed to time and time again.

Back to the Niners off-season.....

Watching the Senior Bowl and really wishing somehow Criner, Martin, Adams(even after that horrible fumble) and Jones ALL end up in Niner unis. Martin actually looks better than I thought he would. He's like a young Gore/Ray Rice rolled into one.
My point is that if one player is being an asshole, wouldnt that make him irresponsible to his job, team and team mates?? Getting arrested is the same thing but worse because what happens if they player gets arrested in a city where they feel like making an example out of someone and its that guy and he's gone for months or years or whatever.

Wouldnt that hurt the team in the short term and long term? Quite honestly, anyone who thinks that getting arrested isnt as bad as being an asshole needs some serious certified professional help.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:46 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wouldnt that hurt the team in the short term and long term? Quite honestly, anyone who thinks that getting arrested isnt as bad as being an asshole needs some serious certified professional help.
In regards to what? Being a respectful member of society? Sure.

Team chemistry? You would need the professional help if you think a guy getting thrown in the drunk tank would negatively affect the dynamics of the football in the same manner as a WR calling a QB a *** slur, questioning his toughness, and consistently taking actions that scream "it's all about me".

Stupid on Aldon's part? I think we all agree on that. I am severely disappointed, but to imply that anyone who gets arrested is more of a cancer to a football team or locker room than someone who is a dbag to his teammates is crazy.

One thing is directly related to business at hand.

The other is a personal matter.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought Dan said he was done talking about the matter. But here we are again.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 01-28-2012 at 11:56 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:16 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am View Post
In regards to what? Being a respectful member of society? Sure.

Team chemistry? You would need the professional help if you think a guy getting thrown in the drunk tank would negatively affect the dynamics of the football in the same manner as a WR calling a QB a *** slur, questioning his toughness, and consistently taking actions that scream "it's all about me".

Stupid on Aldon's part? I think we all agree on that. I am severely disappointed, but to imply that anyone who gets arrested is more of a cancer to a football team or locker room than someone who is a dbag to his teammates is crazy.

One thing is directly related to business at hand.

The other is a personal matter.
Technically, when a player gets arrested, it is all about him because he obviously wasnt thinking about the team, his team mates, fans, management and the possible consequences he may have to deal with. Sorry, but to me, its the same damn thing because let's be honest, if Smith was to serve some jail time and miss some games, how's that any different from suspending a player who's an asshole for conduct detremental to the team?

And when someone gets arrested, it usually happens over and over unless that person has the will power to overcome his problem and let's be honest, if it happens again and again (and of course, im hoping that it doesnt since im hoping he'll start in 2012), how does that not screw up team chemistry and how could his teammates depend on him?

Go back to the SB with the Raiders vs the Buccaneers. Barrett Robbins did something where he was drinking or whatever the hell he was doing and while I dont know if he was an asshole in the locker room or not, if he was liked in the locker room, how does what he did not screw up the team's chemistry and whatnot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I thought Dan said he was done talking about the matter. But here we are again.
Sorry but I dont agree that people here somehow think that a player (any player) who gets arrested isnt worse than being a so called locker room cancer. Get arrested enough times and get suspended, cost your team some possible wins and yeah, I think that in the end, its the same crap.

And by the way, I would have only signed T.O./Moss for the playoff run and then their contracts would expire, becoming UFA's and thats it. Basically, a six week or so run with the hopes of winning the SB. Nothing more and nothing less.

-----

Moving on.....

Dont know about anyone else here but im hoping that we dont go after Manning. Would rather see Smith re-signed and others instead of spending money on him.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Oh NOW you want to move on Dan.

Quote:
Old 01-29-2012, 12:20 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Honestly, it doesnt matter to me. I'll talk about anything. Whatever makes the time go until after the SB.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Honestly, it doesnt matter to me. I'll talk about anything. Whatever makes the time go until after the SB.
I just found it funny that you said you were done talking about the issue when you clearly hadn't gotten over it and then decided to open up the topic again by comparing it to a recent event that is irrelevant like the other posters told you.

Quote:
Old 01-29-2012, 12:50 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
I just found it funny that you said you were done talking about the issue when you clearly hadn't gotten over it and then decided to open up the topic again by comparing it to a recent event that is irrelevant like the other posters told you.
I dont even care either way and could care less. None of the money is going in my pocket. And while you and others may think that Aldon getting arrested is irrelevant, I feel differently. In fact, I think getting arrested is worse but thats just me. In the end, to each his/her own.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:05 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dammit Aldon! More than a rookie mistake for a guy who should be much better than that. Hope this is a strong learning lesson for him.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:02 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
I dont even care either way and could care less. None of the money is going in my pocket. And while you and others may think that Aldon getting arrested is irrelevant, I feel differently. In fact, I think getting arrested is worse but thats just me. In the end, to each his/her own.
Well you cared enough to bring it up again.

Quote:
Old 01-29-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Well you cared enough to bring it up again.
I didnt bring up Owens/Moss. I brought up the argument of a player being an asshole in the locker room compared to a player to was arrested. Doesnt matter who the player(s) are. My argument is that I believe getting arrested is far worse than being an asshole but again, thats just my own personal opinion.

And you obviously care enough to keep replying to me bringing it up. Funny how that works, huh? LOL.

Last edited by dan77733 : 01-29-2012 at 11:54 AM.