Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 01-28-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raji or the best OT available (hopefully Oher) has to be priority at this point. I don't see any FA Nose Tackles of interest, unless somehow Haynesworth doesn't work out a deal with the Titans.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with 12 Picks in the Draft

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
Apparently Mike Furrey is getting released
http://www.freep.com/article/2009012...047/1049/rss14
What about signing him?

NO

If we could get Tank I would be more than ok with that.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:58 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is our new OC

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/01/28/49er...e-coordinator/

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was the Jets RB coach the past few years with Thomas Jones and Leon Washington so that bodes well i guess. But he definitely wasn't my top choice. I would have preferred Jagodinski personally.

I wonder who we will bring in as our QB coach? That's very important because he could potentially be Raye's successor.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:24 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

He was with Norv Turner at Oakland and he has experience in the Coryell digit system. So I guess this brings some consistency from the past few years.

Also we can probably say that he isn't going to be a head coach anytime soon bc he is not what you would call a big name.

He just isn't an exciting hire.

Hopefully our QB coach is going to be someone good.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:57 PM    (permalink
woodyx02
Rookie

woodyx02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.woodyx02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Mike Johnson is the QB coach. He was the WRs coach for the Ravens last year.
woodyx02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyx02 View Post
Mike Johnson is the QB coach. He was the WRs coach for the Ravens last year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Barrows
Johnson, 41, is a former quarterback at Arizona State and Akron who played for the Cardinals for one season (1990) before joining the World League and the CFL. His first NFL coaching job was with the Chargers in 2000. He was the Falcons receivers coach in 2002. He became Atlanta's quarterbacks coach the following season and held that job before joining the Ravens as receivers coach in 2006.

Johnson was released by the Ravens when new coach John Harbaugh was hired last year. Johnson also has reportedly drawn interest from the Jets for their vacant receivers coach position.
WRs coach two years ago, out of the league this year.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish I had an opinion I don't know much about this guy. I'm glad we finally found someone though.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:23 AM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
He was the Jets RB coach the past few years with Thomas Jones and Leon Washington so that bodes well i guess. But he definitely wasn't my top choice. I would have preferred Jagodinski personally.

I wonder who we will bring in as our QB coach? That's very important because he could potentially be Raye's successor.
Jag. has little loyalty and a desire to move on to another HC job, he wasn't the sort of man Singletary wanted.
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:35 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This makes me think that Singletary is going to continue pushing a "power run" game philosophy.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
This makes me think that Singletary is going to continue pushing a "power run" game philosophy.
Good. I love me some smash-mouth football.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Good. I love me some smash-mouth football.
Me too it's about time we got that in the bay area.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:31 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't like the Raye hiring. I wonder how rusty he will be game planning and calling plays. His last job was in 04-05 with the Raiders but Norv handled a bulk of the playcalling so the last time he was really a full time OC was 2001. That is a huge gap. The positive is he has worked under Turner, Schottenheimer and I hope he incorporates some of their offense sytles into his playbook.
"When I'm on the field, my one thought is to completely annihilate you and do everything in my power to make you fail. I don't have a single thought about what my hair looks like, what my shoes look like, why my shirt's unbuttoned. I don't care who you are or what you've done in this game. - Brian Wilson

Last edited by Brent : 01-29-2009 at 05:05 PM. Reason: "grammer fail"? 'Grammar fail' x2
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Don't like the Raye hiring. I wonder how rusty he will be game planning and calling plays. His last job was in 04-05 with the Raiders but Norv handled a bulk of the playcalling so the last time he was really a full time OC was 2001. That is a huge gap. The positive is he has worken under Turner, Schottenheimer and I hope he incorporates some of their offense sytles into his playbook.
Doesn't he run a zone Scheme?
Old 01-29-2009, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe he used his year out of the league to fatten up his playbook. ;)

Old 01-29-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure i buy into the 'rust' idea. Only a handful of guys are good enough to be on NFL coaching staffs, and they are there because somewhere along the line they learned the tricks of the trade and have football in their veins. A year out of the league or ten years out of the league, football doesn't really change much. ESPECIALLY if you're on Mike Singletary's staff and you inherit Frank Gore.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Not very noteworthy but it's some action for us die-hards :)

From 49ers.com:

49ers sign WR Maurice Price

The San Francisco 49ers announced today the signing of WR Maurice Price to a future contract. Terms of the contract were not announced by the team.

Price (6-1, 200) was originally signed as an undrafted rookie free agent in 2007 by the Kansas City Chiefs out of Charleston Southern. After suffering a shoulder injury during training camp his rookie season, Price was placed on Injured Reserve (8-27-07) by the Chiefs. He earned a roster spot on the Chiefs’ 53-man roster entering the 2008 season and was inactive in the season-opener at New England (9-7). Price was then released by the Chiefs (9-11) and signed to the team’s practice squad, where he remained for two games before being signed to the active roster of the New England Patriots (9-24). He was inactive at San Francisco (10-5) before being released by the Patriots (10-11) and signed to their practice squad (10-15). He spent the rest of the 2008 season on the practice squad of the Patriots.

Old 01-29-2009, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Future contract = OTA/Training Camp fodder.

Old 01-29-2009, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Maybe he used his year out of the league to fatten up his playbook. ;)
Sure hope so.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:01 PM    (permalink
woodyx02
Rookie

woodyx02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.woodyx02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Is it me or does the new OC look like Bill Duke? anyway here was a Q&A

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...%20and%20Q%26A

I do like what he said about the FB position

Last edited by woodyx02 : 01-29-2009 at 09:03 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

It sounds to me like the reason why Singletary has not committed to Shaun Hill yet is because of another QB. I think that guy is still on the roster.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:52 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
It sounds to me like the reason why Singletary has not committed to Shaun Hill yet is because of another QB. I think that guy is still on the roster.
Look I like Hill and believe he needs a chance to start but in all honesty a FULLY FIT Alex Smith is just a better QB. Its been proven many times already. He can simply do thing Shaun Hill cant.

Saying that Alex does have injury concerns and Hill has done enough to atleast get the chance to start but in my opinion barring injury concerns again Alex will be again starting by mid year.

I also wouldnt be surprised if a FULLY FIT Alex again beats Hill out in the training camp / OTA's and starts from day 1. Talk of a rd.1 QB is nonsense imo.

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyx02 View Post
I do like what he said about the FB position

This guy please.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:05 PM    (permalink
woodyx02
Rookie

Ya I think we all agree Weaver would be great for us
Old 01-29-2009, 10:37 PM    (permalink
goonie61
Rookie

goonie61 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Hence we need a big running back to spell injury-prone Gore. Andre Brown would be good, maybe J Johnson, that guy from liberty, im not sure about pj hill