Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-14-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I don't know how/why they would pay both, but we'll see.

Michael Crabtree
Randy Moss
HELP!!!
HELP!!!
HELP!!!
Kyle Williams
I'm just guessing on Lloyd but I think they could get him on a cheap 2 year deal. Don't think his market is that strong. Other reason I could see SF doing it is because they love creating competition and Moss is only going to be here for a year.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
By the way, the Cardinals just signed Adam Snyder to a deal.

https://twitter.com/#!/MAIOCCOCSN
That's actually great news. Not only did we get rid of him, he goes to a division foe and becomes there OG on skates.....double win.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
So how terrible is Adam Synder? Anything is an upgrade over Hadnot but will he be league average even?
Versatile; can play all 5 positions on the line
Old 03-14-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
I'm just guessing on Lloyd but I think they could get him on a cheap 2 year deal. Don't think his market is that strong. Other reason I could see SF doing it is because they love creating competition and Moss is only going to be here for a year.
Still not worth it for a slow as molases posession WR. We can find a bigger, cheaper one of those. I could understand them kicking the tires on Randy Moss. Lloyd to me just seems like depth. Sign him and wait for the guys we draft to push him off the roster. I'd wait until the Skins release a guy like Santana Moss and give him a look. He still has quicks and he can get of man coverage. Moss and Moss? Hell, I'd rather they gave Plax a look over Lloyd.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 03-14-2012 at 05:20 PM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So how terrible is Adam Synder? Anything is an upgrade over Hadnot but will he be league average even?
He's average.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Still not worth it for a slow as molases posession WR. We can find a bigger, cheaper one of those. I could understand them kicking the tires on Randy Moss. Lloyd to me just seems like depth. Sign him and wait for the guys we draft to push him off the roster. I'd wait until the Skins release a guy like Santana Moss and give him a look. He still has quicks and he can get of man coverage. Moss and Moss? Hell, I'd rather they gave Plax a look over Lloyd.
Santana Moss is quick, but he's had injury problems throughout his career. Honestly I don't want Lloyd or Santana Moss. Both are 30, and we already have a 35 year old receiver on the roster. I'd rather have us sign Laurent Robinson or Chaz Schillens.

Honestly, I hope this isn't the beginning of a trend for the 49ers. We tried flying Plaxico Burress here last year and then tried getting Braylon Edwards. I'm more so a fan of finding most of your cornerstone players through the draft like Green Bay does. Big name free agent receivers don't work out a lot of the time, and it seems like we are taking a look at every one that is past their prime.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Laurent Robinson just got a five-year, $32.5 million deal from Jacksonville.

I don't want to bid for the receivers that are left, to be honest. Sad.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:16 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like Snyder amd would have re-signed him for two years if it was up to me. A solid veteran who can play OG, OT and C if needed. Better than Hadnot and probably your center too. Is better at run blocking than pass blocking but either way, he's still infinity better than Chilo Rachal who I have a feeling will be re-signed.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really if we re-sign Chilo then i really will lose all faith in Harbaalke:P
Justone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manningham is supposed to visit us tomorrow. That would be funny if they sign Lloyd and Manningham. One average receiver after another. UGH.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justone2 View Post
Really if we re-sign Chilo then i really will lose all faith in Harbaalke:P
I already lost faith. This season will either be awesome or cluster****. I'm betting on cluster****. None of the receivers that they're signing or going after are worth the time, money and roster spot. Its just one washed up receiver after another. They should sign T.O. too. All four receivers could be known as the diva squad. Oh well, if the moves they're making blow up in their face, im going to laugh my ass off.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Its just one washed up receiver after another.
These are the WRs rumored...

Brandon Lloyd (30) - I'll give you him.
Laurent Robinson (26) - Signed with Jags
Chaz Schilens (26)
Eddie Royal (25)
Mario Manningham (25)
Mike Wallace (25)

Washed up, Dan? Really???

Last edited by phlysac : 03-14-2012 at 07:44 PM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah but its bad that they dont overpay for guys like Garcon and Jackson.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
These are the WRs rumored...

Brandon Lloyd (30) - I'll give you him.
Laurent Robinson (26) - Signed with Jags
Chaz Schilens (26)
Eddie Royal (25)
Mario Manningham (25)
Mike Wallace (25)

Washed up, Dan? Really???
They're not going after Wallace. Moss is done and could be a problem. He's basically T.O. and you know it. Lloyd sucked when he was here the first time and we dumped his ass but now they're want him back? Aside from one great season in DEN with Orton, he's done nothing period. Schilens is young but injury prone and non-existent. Royal would be decent as a kick/punt returner and slot guy but to me, they're being desperate and doing the opposite of what they should have done. Manningham is the second best guy after Wallace but thats not saying much either. Just another guy who'll just be a waste of money, time and a roster spot.

You guys hate T.O. but yet arent pissed that we signed Moss and may bring back back Lloyd? Come on, its the same crap, different person, same result. And neither one of them are going to help Crabtree. I wanted Wallace for obvious reasons but it was to also automatically be number one on the depth chart and that hopefully push Crabtree. Wallace is a total team player with a good work ethic and would still be young when Kaepernick takes over. Moss and Lloyd are basically one year guys...stopgaps and just dont see the point. Too many egos, too many receivers that will want the ball in a running offense. Come on, I cant be the only one that sees that. With Wallace, at least he wouldnt complain about not getting the ball because he's a team guy first.

There's no potential or upside or room for improvement with Moss/Lloyd. You know what you're getting and thats it. Quite honestly, I would have been happier if they didnt sign any FA WR period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justone2 View Post
Yeah but its bad that they dont overpay for guys like Garcon and Jackson.
If Garcon turned down $35m over 5 years from Indy, you knew he was going to get more. To be honest, its a passing league and thus receivers are worth more than you think. $8m a season for Garcon isnt bad at all and is less than what I thought he would sign for. I rather have paid $8m for Garcon and know he can still improve, get better and is a team guy as opposed to Moss (and possibly Lloyd).

If Moss doesnt work out like Edwards, we're in the same position next off-season and what then? We bring back 39 year old T.O.? Come on. And if I was Smith, I would bolt for where ever and for less money because no way in hell would I want to deal with the possibility of having Moss, Lloyd and Crabtree screaming and yelling at me for not getting them the ball all the time at the same time.

Bottom line.....these moves will either be great or a cluster****. For Baalke and Harbaugh's sake, they better be great.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

You said "One washed up WR after another."

And if Pierre Garcon gets $10 Million...

Vincent Jackson gets $11 Million...

Calvin Johnson gets $18 Million

What do you think Wallace wants???

How do you suggest the 49ers pay him???
Old 03-14-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
You said "One washed up WR after another."

And if Pierre Garcon gets $10 Million...

Vincent Jackson gets $11 Million...

Calvin Johnson gets $18 Million

I said that the receivers the 49ers have signed or are going after are either washed up or not worth the time, money and the roster spot.

Moss - washed up. done.
Lloyd - washed up. done.
Schillens - injury prone. in four years, doesnt even have 1000 yards receiveing combined. sucks. done. next.
Manningham - only guy who's not washed up. is solid at best but thats probably pushing it. Not a number one WR. Basically, just another filler or number two guy. We already have that..his name is Crabtree.

We didnt go after Garcon or Jackson and you can tell because they were signed within an hour or so after FA started. They already knew where they were going a while ago. And Vincent Jackson actually got less than what I thought the Bucs would give him but either way, he's not worth it.

Calvin Johnson is in my opinion the BEST WR in the league so cant argue that. Wallace would probably want $10-12m a year. More than Garcon who got just over $8m a year but less than Jackson. Wallace was a 49ers fan and actually has interest in playing for us. Jackson went for the money period. He doesnt care who gave him the money. He was going to whoever paid him the most. Garcon probably did the same. And for Wallace, I could make him an offer and he either signs and accepts or he doesnt. Personally, I think that he would accept $10m a year because he has no actual say in where he goes since he's an RFA. He's not free to go to teams....teams have to go to him.

And since he was a 49ers fan and his favorite player was Young, you know that he'll be motivated to at the very least be the third best WR in 49ers history. He would also have pushed Crabtree which is something that neither Moss or Lloyd will or care to do. Them three are all divas and for someone like you who says that you dont want diva receivers, you now have two and possibly three. Seriously, can you really say that your prefer Moss and Lloyd over Wallace? No ******* way!!! Hell, I would have been happy with Garcon and possibly Fleener. Either way, still FAR BETTER than Moss and most likely Lloyd.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:30 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

And as for now, I dont even want Wallace anymore. I dont want him being infected by these divas.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

He will play for SF for free. I mean, he's got all that money from curing cancer and I think he still gets a residual allowance for dying for all our sins.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
And as for now, I dont even want Wallace anymore. I dont want him being infected by these divas.
I can tell you with certainty (being from Pittsburgh) that the common perception is that Antonio Brown has improved faster because Wallace is too much of a "diva."

With that said...

I'm not against Wallace. I'm against signing Wallace and starting Colin Kaepernick. Because if Wallace gets $10 Million + the 49ers won't have any money to sign a QB.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

You are getting crazier by the minute Dan. Just chill and wait and see what will happen. At the end of FA you can go nuts if this was all we did but for know just have some faith in those two. They simply have there value on each player they want to sign/resign and if the guy want more they simple pull away. They showed it last year with Baas en this year with Snyder and i guess Morgan. That way you keep control of your cap-space and will get better in the long term. Mike Wallace would add something to the team i agree with that but giving up a first and a big contract is something that is a big decision. For now we kept our whole startin defense and will only lose some reserves like Costanzo(shame but is basically only a special teams gu) and i can see Larry Grant go because of the maybe too low tender. On offense we can really use a RG but if they feel Kilgore is ready he deserves at least an chance. Only WR can use some help but i am sure Baalke sees this too looking at the guys scheduled.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And, guys, there is also this thing, maybe you have heard of it, called the NFL Draft. You don't have to address all your needs in free agency.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:51 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
And, guys, there is also this thing, maybe you have heard of it, called the NFL Draft. You don't have to address all your needs in free agency.
Not true. The only good WRs in the NFL were FA signings.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not true. The only good WRs in the NFL were FA signings.
true story, no good WR has ever been drafted. ever. Jerry Rice? FA signing.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
true story, no good WR has ever been drafted. ever. Jerry Rice? FA signing.
Now you're thinking like a good GM.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

But as of now we only have Crabtree, Moss and Williams i believe as WR. So i dont think we need to break the bank for one but adding another receiver via FA isn't a bad thing.